Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: [GP] Indianapolis Thread

Jun 2004
    Madison, WI

Re: [GP] Indianapolis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I'll be there.

Anyone from Indy or familiar with the area want to suggest some good places for food/drinks?
    Indy has a Bennigans, which is exciting for me since Wisconsin doesn't. Otherwise, there are plenty of good options downtown. I was at 2 SCG Opens at the convention center just down the street from the stadium last year. It's really just a matter of walking down the block and picking a place, they're all good. I tend to eat either the Steak and Shake downtown or the Bennigans on the east side. Haven't experienced the nightlife there yet though. I bring home-made apple pie with me, so I just drink in my hotel room. As an aside, if anyone wants apple pie or rumchata, I'll probably be bringing both, and you're all welcome to come sit around and drink with me and tell ridiculous stories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draener View Post
    You know who thinks it's sweet to play against 8 different decks in an 8 round tournament? People who don't like to win, or people that play combo. This is not EDH; Legacy is a competitive environment, and it should reward skill - more so than it does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borealis View Post
    Plow their Mom every chance you get!

Oct 2010
    Athens, Ohio

There's a Noodles & Company that we go to every time we're there because there's not one where we live.

Monkey Blast
    Aug 2011
    Champaign, IL

I shall be there. Any word on if they are going to give out a new playmat, since the one they originally were going to give caused an uproar?

There is a really good sushi place called Sushi on the Rocks a few blocks away. It's a little bit of a walk but well worth it. Wings and Rings is ok for wing/bar food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Interestingly enough, I would argue that BS is the Dark Ritual in this case.
    Tom? Is that you? I thought you were going to go work on DnD?

Bluff the Lotus

Aug 2009
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    Indy has a Bennigans, which is exciting for me since Wisconsin doesn't. Otherwise, there are plenty of good options downtown. I was at 2 SCG Opens at the convention center just down the street from the stadium last year. It's really just a matter of walking down the block and picking a place, they're all good. I tend to eat either the Steak and Shake downtown or the Bennigans on the east side. Haven't experienced the nightlife there yet though. I bring home-made apple pie with me, so I just drink in my hotel room. As an aside, if anyone wants apple pie or rumchata, I'll probably be bringing both, and you're all welcome to come sit around and drink with me and tell ridiculous stories.
    I know my friend's and I will be at that Steak and Shake frequently during the weekend. It's a ritual every time we come to Indy for a tournament. I'm sure there will be plenty of drinking going on so we may need to cross paths.

shallow
    Aug 2010
    denver, co

Quote Originally Posted by dan who? View Post
    I know my friend's and I will be at that Steak and Shake frequently during the weekend. It's a ritual every time we come to Indy for a tournament. I'm sure there will be plenty of drinking going on so we may need to cross paths.
    i grew up on steak n shake in st. louis... haven't had that in years! although i heard it's a less good these days than 15-20 years ago. maybe i'll stop in... anyone ever figure out why they slice the pickles the long way? ;)

Bluff the Lotus

Aug 2009
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by .dk View Post
    i grew up on steak n shake in st. louis... haven't had that in years! although i heard it's a less good these days than 15-20 years ago. maybe i'll stop in... anyone ever figure out why they slice the pickles the long way? ;)
    I'm sure it's not as good as before but we haven't had any complaints so far lol. I did end up looking that pickle faq up.....I'll let someone else post why if they know without looking it up.

Bluff the Lotus

Aug 2009
    Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by RaNDoMxGeSTuReS View Post
    I'll be the guy with the Tendrils of Agony playmat, foil/fbb TES and something blah blah.

La Quinta is a fun place to stay. The breakfast food is pretty decent.

SpikeyMikey, I destroyed those Lingering Souls from GP Lincoln while talking to Craig Wescoe and watching the Top 8 play off.

Just-So-You-Know.
    We'll have to meet up. I want to see how those sweet cards I got you fit in with the rest of your deck

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

I'll be around. I'm sure our car will probably end up at Steak and Shake at some point during the weekend.

It seems to be our go-to place during trips to SCG Opens or GP's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Looking at some weather forecasts, it's going to be between 35-50 degrees during next weekend and sunny.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by rukcus View Post
    Looking at some weather forecasts, it's going to be between 35-50 degrees during next weekend and sunny.
    No cyclones.
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by RaNDoMxGeSTuReS View Post
    No cyclones.
    I hope not, having to deal with actual winter weather is bad enough. I don't know how to react when winds pick up too. (1000% serious) I'm guessing this is scarf weather?
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by rukcus View Post
    I hope not, having to deal with actual winter weather is bad enough. I don't know how to react when winds pick up too. (1000% serious) I'm guessing this is scarf weather?
    Heavy coat, gloves and scarf for sure.

Heavy wind makes mild weather burn the skin.

If my bologna had a first name it would be spelled O-B-A-M-A
    Mar 2010
    Hobart, Indiana

I was near this area (about 10 miles away) on Friday and it was 62 degrees and raining. My guess would be prepared for weather in the 40s-50s, but knowing Indiana, it could snow lol. I live 2 hours north of Indy and it was snowing here today!
    13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. Matthew 7:13-14 NIV

-Member of Clan Magic Eternal-

-Find me on MTGO (NarrowGate) -

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Is anyone from Toronto going to this?
    I'm in Waterloo and I'm going. I'm not in a position to hook you up with a ride, though. Try contacting James Fritz via Facebook; last I heard he needed people.

LSV recommended the Steak 'n' Shake that's near the venue to me in terms of places to eat on the cheap, which certainly seems to be in agreement with earlier posts.

I'd like to mention that I would kill a man in return for a Source playmat, in case anyone is willing to part with one.
    Last edited by thefringthing; 03-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Jun 2008
    Central NY

We've got a car of four that will be there.

ok I called around to find out who the artists will be at the GP.

in alphabetical order

Steve Argyle

that is all.

Seriously.. they slow rolled getting artists and now they only have 1. Also when I asked about hotel group rates they said they had planned on doing it but there is going to be an NCAA even going on and the hotels are all booking up/ raising prices.

so if for some insanely dumb reason you dont have a hotel and aren't prepared to spend 250+ a night. They said stay by the airport for around 75 a night in an "ok" room and take a cab there and back.

thanks WOTC for finding this information for us.. psyche

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by csy View Post
    ok I called around to find out who the artists will be at the GP.

in alphabetical order

Steve Argyle

that is all.

Seriously.. they slow rolled getting artists and now they only have 1. Also when I asked about hotel group rates they said they had planned on doing it but there is going to be an NCAA even going on and the hotels are all booking up/ raising prices.

so if for some insanely dumb reason you dont have a hotel and aren't prepared to spend 250+ a night. They said stay by the airport for around 75 a night in an "ok" room and take a cab there and back.

thanks WOTC for finding this information for us.. psyche
    Really? I'm disappointed. I've been looking for weeks and nothing was online.

I doubt this is WotC's fault. Much more likely this is Pastimes' fault. They're the ones who thought a goblin king with mostly naked slave girls was an appropriate image for a playmat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai's Familiar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoFireheart View Post
    Interestingly enough, I would argue that BS is the Dark Ritual in this case.
    Tom? Is that you? I thought you were going to go work on DnD?

the playmat issue is over and done with. My big problem is looking at WOTC's page with

"coming soon" in every critical block of text on the be GP indy page.

All it took was a couple calls to the TO and I got the information. Who's not communicating here? isn't there an intern or PA that has to hunt this info down by a certain date? as for 1 artist being there Im just annoyed really. all the GP's I've been to have had 6-10 artists all stoked to talk with fans and sign piles of work. I mean come on Rob Alexander loves signing lands.

Thread Information