Page 441 of 446 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Finished 10th in the Legacy Format Playoff today, you can check out my matches here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qptS...0Nli4Dw8dP8P0i
    This is belated feedback, but I enjoyed watching these matches. I don't typically play Storm, so it's nice to see the matchups from the other side. The overlays are attractive, the branding is strong, and the way you isolated yourself from what I assume was a full-room video recording is a nice touch. High-quality content.

Jesus, that Deafening Silence is a massive beating... cheaper, better effect than Canonist, and a million times harder to remove.

It's luckily a pure sideboard card, so I don't think I'll add a Vapor Snare for it. This does definitely tilt me towards playing more Chains/Echoing Truths over things like Crash or Hurkyl's Recall again.

I'd expect that to be a 1-of in every white deck's sideboard and a 2-3-of in DnT, Humans and Maverick. Even UW decks playing lots of non-creature spells themselves will easily hide behind this with counter spells.

This also makes Hope of Ghirapur even better I suppose.

Also, I love the idea of combining Wishclaw Talisman with a 1-of Hurkyl's Recall for games 2 and 3 against Chalice/Artifact decks. In general its synergy with bounce spells is pretty great.

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring special guest JOSH BINGAMAN (BEANAMAN)! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-33/

@Izor, I would consider Consign/Oblivion over Pulverize at this point, it consolidates MD artifact removal and SB enchanment removal as well as elimates any need for a 3rd /r producing land. I think between Deafening Silence and Leyline of Sanctity Enchantment removal is warranted now.

Bryant Cook

I played sort of poorly today but was lucky enough to make top 8 of the Legacy Challenge. You can view my matches here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98KV...dELMma-Z7qad3E

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    I have the same deck more or less, there's no reason to use Cabal Ritual considering Chrome Mox, Mox Opal and Wishclaw Talisman do not go to the graveyard. I have 7 discard, 14 land and 4x of all the artifacts.
    hi!

yeah,

I agree CR is shit and likely don't makes sense... I thoght maybe 1 of. that list was made in 1 min!

but I feel 1 CoV should be in the base. - we are used to have BW to fix issues. I really don't know how much speed the deck gained so maybe it is not needed...

I feel also that you can reduce the number of lands because of MOPal maybe to 13. (14 is a lot even if you consider MOpal 0.5 land - but maye this is an error.)

really don't know about having Artifcat lands or not in base...

my main concerns are:
    - likely AN should be played as a 2 Of.
    1- drawing it and having LED to fech for 2nd AN is nice also with MOpal really don't mind to have a 2nd and is a super good draw!
    2- If beeing discarded then shit!

- don't know about EtW - in my mind it acts also as a 2nd kill in base (+ Tendrils) for the same reason as 2nd AN. - not beeing discarded or able to play under LED to fetch if in hand.
    1- maybe play a 2nd Tendrils?
    2- does not go well if EtW is casted and then pass the turn
    - CoV even if it is dead sometime has great sinergy with WC

so v2.1:

2 Ad Nauseam
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 ToA

4 Infernal Tutor
    4 WC
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Duress

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Mox Opal
    1 CoV

4 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Misty Rainforest
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Snow-Covered Swamp
    1 Snow-Covered Island

side:
    3 Chain of Vapor
    3 Echoing Truth
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 B.W.
    2 Hurkyl's Recall
    4 Hope O Ghirapur
    1 ToA

v2.1: changed manabase to accomodate basics and added hipothtical side. HoG seems to be an nonbo here...

???

all theory

please share your list - I plan to play some games this weekend so I can test one or other.
    I really didn't make any test yet, but I am happy to brew something new!

what I don't know is what to put in the side...

EDIT: will this be the best Ad Nauseam Deck?
    EDIT2: proposed side v2.1
    Last edited by Pelikanudo; 10-05-2019 at 06:42 AM.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    hi!

yeah,

I agree CR is shit and likely don't makes sense... I thoght maybe 1 of. that list was made in 1 min!

but I feel 1 CoV should be in the base. - we are used to have BW to fix issues. I really don't know how much speed the deck gained so maybe it is not needed...

I feel also that you can reduce the number of lands because of MOPal maybe to 13. (14 is a lot even if you consider MOpal 0.5 land - but maye this is an error.)

really don't know about having Artifcat lands or not in base...

my main concerns are:
    - likely AN should be played as a 2 Of.
    1- drawing it and having LED to fech for 2nd AN is nice also with MOpal really don't mind to have a 2nd and is a super good draw!
    2- If beeing discarded then shit!

- don't know about EtW - in my mind it acts also as a 2nd kill in base (+ Tendrils) for the same reason as 2nd AN. - not beeing discarded or able to play under LED to fetch if in hand.
    1- maybe play a 2nd Tendrils?
    2- does not go well if EtW is casted and then pass the turn
    - CoV even if it is dead sometime has great sinergy with WC

so v2.1:

2 Ad Nauseam
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 ToA

4 Infernal Tutor
    4 WC
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Thoughtseize
    2 Duress

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Mox Opal
    1 CoV

4 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Misty Rainforest
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Snow-Covered Swamp
    1 Snow-Covered Island

side:
    3 Chain of Vapor
    3 Echoing Truth
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 B.W.
    2 Hurkyl's Recall
    4 Hope O Ghirapur
    1 ToA

v2.1: changed manabase to accomodate basics and added hipothtical side. HoG seems to be an nonbo here...

???

all theory

please share your list - I plan to play some games this weekend so I can test one or other.
    I really didn't make any test yet, but I am happy to brew something new!

what I don't know is what to put in the side...

EDIT: will this be the best Ad Nauseam Deck?
    EDIT2: proposed side v2.1
    I think your list is ok, the Chain of Vapor should probably be another discard for game 1 as there isn't much in the meta you need to have the bounce for game 1. It's kind of an odd deck, a little slower than TES but a lot faster than ANT fwiw. Cutting Red and having the stability of two basics might make all of that worth it tho', the ability for Wishclaw to fetch LED with an Infernal Tutor in hand is also kind of bonkers good.

I think your list is ok, the Chain of Vapor should probably be another discard for game 1 as there isn't much in the meta you need to have the bounce for game 1. It's kind of an odd deck, a little slower than TES but a lot faster than ANT fwiw. Cutting Red and having the stability of two basics might make all of that worth it tho', the ability for Wishclaw to fetch LED with an Infernal Tutor in hand is also kind of bonkers good.
    Just a quick thing - I agree with you that discard's likely better against most decks g1 over Chain, but Chain can allow for some trickier plays with Talisman by bouncing it after wishing, making it roughly a diabolic tutor with buyback :)

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring special guest MAX CARINI (wonderPreaux)! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-34/

https://theepicstorm.com/legacy-leag...orts-11-03-19/

New video is up. Preordain is a great Magic card!

New TES Content

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live on the new website! This month's article features special guest FREDERIK PAPE! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://www.theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-35/

Also check out the most recent "Through the Looking Glass" and "Matchup mulligan"!

https://www.theepicstorm.com/through...michael-lewis/

https://www.theepicstorm.com/matchup...rug-delver-ii/

Bryant Cook

We have a brand new deck list at the website!

Come take a look!

https://www.theepicstorm.com/the-new-epic-storm/

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Vivarus View Post
    We have a brand new deck list at the website!

Come take a look!

https://www.theepicstorm.com/the-new-epic-storm/
    Wow...you are foolish if you do not play veil in this deck now. Its so overpowered from discard and from counters.

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    Wow...you are foolish if you do not play veil in this deck now. Its so overpowered from discard and from counters.
    I wouldn't go that far, 4 colours is difficult to support and Wishclaw over Infernal is a turn slower. The deck dropped Silence for a reason, and even tho' Veil is better it's not by that much.

I do really like Crash tho', that card is legit.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

I wouldn't go that far, 4 colours is difficult to support and Wishclaw over Infernal is a turn slower. The deck dropped Silence for a reason, and even tho' Veil is better it's not by that much.

I do really like Crash tho', that card is legit.
    There was this kid that played silence and beat this 20 something year old with TES against RUG...that was legit bro

anyways, veil blocks discard and then cantrips itself against discard. This is very important.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

There was this kid that played silence and beat this 20 something year old with TES against RUG...that was legit bro.
    Bant, not RUG. One of my favorite matches ever streamed, from the early days of streaming:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qwm904bq3s

Also, AJ posts here now as GeneralSmallChild, although it's been a while. He's also on theepicstorm.com.

Bryant Cook

Took a deep dive on my Storm data, come check out my findings!
    https://www.theepicstorm.com/using-the-epic-storm-data/

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

I think the new version does? It's just they put the new one on the left and the old one on the right which imo is a design mistake. It broke my brain at first trying to process which one was which. It doesn't help things that 5 and 3 have similar shapes at a glance. And also why was .4 skipped?

I dunno, man, fucking numbers, how do they work, nobody knows.

Thread Information