Page 430 of 430 FirstFirst ... 330380420426427428429430
Results 8,581 to 8,588 of 8588

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

It is nice to see that I agree with sukenik that to combat wasteland IT IS NOT NEEDED to have both - island and swamp. not even basics... (curiously by here I was telling backwards by other super TES storm pilots...)
    nice read!

EDIT: I dare to say: island is a bad card in TES.

EDIT2:
    I've been smashing all around here with my TES build lately... uniquely Dragon Stompy I loose sometimes hard.... and lost to ANT but that was bad luck - and I want to avoid this... just sometimes one has the nuts and sometimes not - I saw Extract and included not extract but Sadistic sacrament to see if it works... (Telemin can also works but prefer Bribery vs Renimate and sneak... and playing both seems nonsense)

and I've been thinking in just playing cards vs these kind of archetype (trini/chalice).... and changing to Grixis shell.
    What I find is that sometimes I find that uniquely siding in the 13rd land (really doesn't matter which land it is) is enough to win grixis/delvers and co... so I've been thinking in just change from 2 decay/2ET to 4ET directly.
    and now the question is: which 13th land would you play in side if no green is involved? I played bayou but really don't know which land I could play as 13th land in a 3gemstones 5 fetches 4 duals base... maybe 3rd USea or 1badlands? really don't know.

Note: Other storm partner has been involved in testing the Timewister in side and well it seems it is doing its job... in my last 3 local torunaments 1 of them I used it 2 times and was tempted to use it one more - my partner used it once and won that game.

I feel so good in this non senseis era.... smashing everibody... I wonder why I don't see more storm pilots doing well in torunaments...
    Last edited by Pelikanudo; 05-17-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    I wonder why I don't see more storm pilots doing well in torunaments...
    I don't bother posting when I do well in locals anymore, because nobody really cares, and there's not enough big events.
    Grapeshot on StormBoards

New TES Matchup Battles - Maverick

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-matchup-battles-maverick/

Thanks for reading!

- Alex Poling

I can make this pencil disappear.

Jul 2006
    Santa Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by Polski_ View Post
    New TES Matchup Battles - Maverick

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-matchup-battles-maverick/

Thanks for reading!

- Alex Poling
    Nice article. Here's what I would do:

Play: LP, LP, DR, LED, CoV(targeting KotR), GS (1 @ MoR, 2 @ Teeg, 3 @ opp), IT (break LED) -> EtW, ETW (16 gobbs)

I don't think Ad Nauseam from 7 is very likely considering you have 2 petals and an LED in your hand already; I'd take my chances with goblins.

Hmm, the other option is leading with Ponder and if you hit a LED or DR you can just kill him, and if you don't you can still do the above (minus bouncing KotR). This is probably better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    For example, if your friend steals your ice cream cone, and you start chasing him only to have a large weretiger jump out from behind a parked car and go "ROAR" in your face, only to then have said weretiger be struck by a bolt of lightning and be reduced to a smoldering catpile, you are probably going to be like "Wtf just happened" for at least a few brief moments while your friend escapes with your ice cream cone. And if you aren't distracted, you have Trample.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    Nice article. Here's what I would do:

Play: LP, LP, DR, LED, CoV(targeting KotR), GS (1 @ MoR, 2 @ Teeg, 3 @ opp), IT (break LED) -> EtW, ETW (16 gobbs)

I don't think Ad Nauseam from 7 is very likely considering you have 2 petals and an LED in your hand already; I'd take my chances with goblins.

Hmm, the other option is leading with Ponder and if you hit a LED or DR you can just kill him, and if you don't you can still do the above (minus bouncing KotR). This is probably better.
    In the second scenario, can't you win guaranteed with the following line?
    Lotus Petal (S1)
    Lotus Petal (S2)
    Tap Lands (S2, UB)
    Chain Petal, Sac Land (S3, B)
    Chain Teeg (S3, B)
    Lotus Petal (S4, B)
    Lotus Petal (S5, B)
    Dark Ritual (S6 BBB)
    Lion's Eye Diamond (S7, BBB)
    Tutor, Crack All Rocks (S8, BBBBRR)
    Burning Wish (S9, BBBB)
    Tendrils of Agony (S10)

I can make this pencil disappear.

Jul 2006
    Santa Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by wonderPreaux View Post
    In the second scenario, can't you win guaranteed with the following line?
    Lotus Petal (S1)
    Lotus Petal (S2)
    Tap Lands (S2, UB)
    Chain Teeg (S3, B)
    Lotus Petal (S4, B)
    Lotus Petal (S5, B)
    Dark Ritual (S6 BBB)
    Lion's Eye Diamond (S7, BBB)
    Tutor, Crack All Rocks (S8, BBBBRR)
    Burning Wish (S9, BBBB)
    Tendrils of Agony (S10)
    Ahh that's much better than my line; I forgot about the alternate mode on CoV (i.e. generate storm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    For example, if your friend steals your ice cream cone, and you start chasing him only to have a large weretiger jump out from behind a parked car and go "ROAR" in your face, only to then have said weretiger be struck by a bolt of lightning and be reduced to a smoldering catpile, you are probably going to be like "Wtf just happened" for at least a few brief moments while your friend escapes with your ice cream cone. And if you aren't distracted, you have Trample.

Thread Information