Page 445 of 446 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446 LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Turn 1 Jet Medallion/Helm of Awakening consistently casts Peer on Turn 2/3 from my testings.

You can drop the Medallion/Helm pretty easily on turn 1 with Sol Lands or Chrome Mox or an heavy on artifacts build with MOpal and Vault of Whispers.

There is a critical mass of black tutors, Dark Petition, Grim Tutor, Wishclaw, all of them are fine without LED. Even Mastermind's Acquisition.

Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual and Grim Monolith are plently of mana already.

You can cast this card from 2 life and still win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax- View Post
    Turn 1 Jet Medallion/Helm of Awakening consistently casts Peer on Turn 2/3 from my testings.

You can drop the Medallion/Helm pretty easily on turn 1 with Sol Lands or Chrome Mox or an heavy on artifacts build with MOpal and Vault of Whispers.

There is a critical mass of black tutors, Dark Petition, Grim Tutor, Wishclaw, all of them are fine without LED. Even Mastermind's Acquisition.

Dark Ritual/Cabal Ritual and Grim Monolith are plently of mana already.

You can cast this card from 2 life and still win the game.

The answer to the mana cost problem for TES was obvious, cut Rite of Flame for Grim Monolith. It doesn't require a Mountain, gives Metalcraft for Mox Opal and lets TES bank mana for later turns. You go land, Chrome Mox (Imprint), Grim Monolith, Mox Opal, Discard and pass, then untap and Burnish Wish and Lions Eye Diamond will get you there.

I honestly feel retarded for not playing Grim Monolith before this, it's a much stronger card than Rite of Flame if you want to have a better midgame.

Bryant Cook

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

@F.Fortune and others.

lately the latest build I played and was confortable with was (prior to Corona):

4 Burning Wish
    1 Echo of Eons
    4 Ponder
    3 Rite of Flame
    1 Ad Nauseam
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Chain of Vapor
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Veil of Summer
    3 Chrome Mox
    2 Defense Grid
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Wishclaw Talisman

4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    1 Bayou
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Badlands

side can be:
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Echo of Eons
    1 Rite of Flame
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    3 Hope of Ghirapur
    1 Infernal Tutor
    1 Pulverize
    1 Crash
    1 R. Silence
    1 E. Truth
    1 T. Seize

the deck with EoA was really strong - no many matches really - but it had another concept, this means maximize on permanents - opals and chromes need to max out.
    Opal was awesome, even if not producing mana, the fact it was there under a resolved EoA was key - so 4 should be there - I understand switching from 4th to 4th RoF - which I still hate seeing that number in the deck...
    Also WT is too good- I think still the card is not played well enough - I saw scenarios where just activating it to bring it the card early exposes the opp. equally a 2x1 as ex.
    Latest builds has 1ToA main which is undersntable vs control once played WT us gives you inevitability - that is true. but you'll winn anyway vs those and just prefer 1CoV which is never dead and likely 2 among the 75 should be

things I thouthg later was:
    1- IT instead of RoF
    2- GMonolith instead of RoF

thoughts on those options are a lot...
    I just tested a bit about IT - dont know really - sometimes is better sometimes is worse than RoF...
    ex.:
    - top deck is just infintely better IT.
    - somtimes you overload on threats 1st hand but this does only mean 1 thing - you'll go slower - and even in this sncenario you can just copy DR or LED or play the WT to tranform into LED/DR soon.
    - the natural storm game play exist again IT => AN- so in some way it means beeing quicker.
    - miss double r for BW =>EtW
    - miss some really good RoF t1...

related to GM - no idea in theory sounds good - now even with PITA.
    - now even less cards to imprint on mox... likely need to change
    - I've been thinking in a 2 RoF 2 GM 2 CM number! no idea...

as I have no much time and opportunity - I'll see how it goes with one of those options...

Some other thoughts, I've been addng to the side Shenanings and Ingot Chewer - this last is great as it is only 2 under trini/Thorn once landed WT!

likely the build posted is the one I've been most confortable with - it really wrecks hard - likey too hard... but wonder if someone has any opnions on some other stuff...
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

In my experience, Grim Monolith is better than Rite of Flame for a midgame and Defense Grid is too easy to play around when you have to go to the midgame.

Wishclaw Talisman doesn't need anythng but Ad Nauseam main deck, if they discard your storm engine then you can just tutor for Burning Wish and post-board problems like Surgical Extraction and Meddling Mage can be dealth with by SBing in Tendrils of Agony etc.

I think way too many people over value Veil of Summer, without Thoughtseize the Swamp loses value and the deck starves for Black imprints. I don't get the point of Badlands without Island either, people seem to be relying on Mox Opal for a stable manabase and that is going to destroy you vs Trinisphere, Null Rod and Chalice of the Void.

I think Chrome Mox and Mox Opal are better than Lotus Petal, even if they are more conditional they let you build up a manabase. I play a lot of blank Chrome Moxes for metalcraft as well, and tend to shave on Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith over other accelerants. Swamp, Chrome Mox and eitherWishclaw Talisman or Grim Monolith and go is a really strong set up.

Generally, I think people need to ne more mindful of playing a Storm deck with a better midgame vs blue and building a deck that is more vulnerable to getting a spanner thrown into the works. People aren't blindly relying on Chalice anymore with Veil as a work around, I see a lot of Thalia, Guardian of Thraban, Etherswon Canonist and Thorns of Amethyst personally but don't be surprided to get Null Rod. The threat of Veil is probably more relevant than actually having it.

May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    In my experience, Grim Monolith is better than Rite of Flame for a midgame and Defense Grid is too easy to play around when you have to go to the midgame.

Wishclaw Talisman doesn't need anythng but Ad Nauseam main deck, if they discard your storm engine then you can just tutor for Burning Wish and post-board problems like Surgical Extraction and Meddling Mage can be dealth with by SBing in Tendrils of Agony etc.

I think way too many people over value Veil of Summer, without Thoughtseize the Swamp loses value and the deck starves for Black imprints. I don't get the point of Badlands without Island either, people seem to be relying on Mox Opal for a stable manabase and that is going to destroy you vs Trinisphere, Null Rod and Chalice of the Void.

I think Chrome Mox and Mox Opal are better than Lotus Petal, even if they are more conditional they let you build up a manabase. I play a lot of blank Chrome Moxes for metalcraft as well, and tend to shave on Lotus Petal and Grim Monolith over other accelerants. Swamp, Chrome Mox and eitherWishclaw Talisman or Grim Monolith and go is a really strong set up.

Generally, I think people need to ne more mindful of playing a Storm deck with a better midgame vs blue and building a deck that is more vulnerable to getting a spanner thrown into the works. People aren't blindly relying on Chalice anymore with Veil as a work around, I see a lot of Thalia, Guardian of Thraban, Etherswon Canonist and Thorns of Amethyst personally but don't be surprided to get Null Rod. The threat of Veil is probably more relevant than actually having it.
    I've had a look at the Bryant WebSite list and how to side just OOC, but was really surprised that he sides out MOpal most of the times... even vs tempo which I find Opals great in thi matchup. - even the numbers where -1CM, -3Opal!!! leaving the deck with only 14 IMS vs tempo!!! - nonsense.

since Veil I stopped to side in Tendrils or GS unless you fight heavy discard, it is perfectly assumable to just protect BW from discard via BS or Veil.

agree DG is good for 3 st turns , however, if resolved - I won't invest as ex. a veil to make DG resolve - a veild under DG is always victory
    I've not seen many null rods/oufe lately and really those will wreck te deck even more if you play GMonoliths - that it is true - I saw Bryant side in a couple of decays which is always clunky - I imagine with the goal to not to be countered - my idea is to just to not to overload on dedicated slots to a couple of null rods, just 1 CoV and shenanigans from side or GShot in case of Oufe - both answers have the inevitability thing.

with the deck above it is fine vs control - much more than before - but the deployment need to be quick.
    I am really thinking in 0 need of decay and just also add more CoV, etc.

any list?

the latest side is beeing for list above:
    1 Chain of Vapor
    1 Echo of Eons
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    1 shenanigans
    1 PITI
    1 Pulverize
    1 Crash
    1 R. Silence
    1 E. Truth
    1 T. Seize
    1 ingot chewer
    1 Defense Grid

EDIT: I'd like to make room maybe to Xantid instead of DG - a couple. over likely HopeOGhirapur - I've seeing lists with Coatl... last time HoG was fine, but don't know if now is ok...

EDIT 2 - maybe this can work: - maybe 2 GM and 3 TSeize?

4 Burning Wish
    1 Echo of Eons
    4 Ponder
    3 GMonolith
    1 Ad Nauseam
    4 Brainstorm
    1 Chain of Vapor
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Veil of Summer
    3 Chrome Mox
    2 T.Seize
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Wishclaw Talisman

4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Swamp
    1 Bayou
    1 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Badlands
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Sure,

1 Ad Nauseam
    4 Wishclaw Talisman
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Thoughtseize
    3 Duress
    4 Dark Ritual
    3 Grim Monolith
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Scalding Tarn
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Volcanic Island
    1 Badlands
    1 Underground Sea

SB is the usual fair, but I use Hurkyl's Recall a lot. I really dislike Green, but I do keep Hope of Ghirapur in the board. Everything runs pretty smooth, I change the number of Grim Monolith, Duress and Lotus Petals around but other than that I am happy with it.

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring HARLAN FIRER (TWITTER: @HARLANFIRER | MTGO: HARLANMTG)! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-41/

May 2008

hi, liked latest hand from here:
    https://theepicstorm.com/matchup-mul...titanic-dryad/

HAND NO. 10: (ON THE PLAY — MULLIGANED TWICE)
    Mox Opal
    Chain of Vapor
    Brainstorm
    Wishclaw Talisman
    Dark Ritual
    Chrome Mox
    Lotus Petal

my answer:
    really depends on the chances to draw them chalice - dont know much the deck, then i like these 2:
    1-bottom BS and CoV, play opal, CM ( no imprint ), Petal, then WT under petal+Opal - this leaves with DR+Opal mana for AN - a topdeck LED means wins.
    2-bottom BS and DR play opal, CM ( imprint CoV ), Petal, then WT under CM+Opal - this leaves with 3permanet mana for AN - a topdeck LED means wins.

a chalice at 1 shuts down 1) so 2) is better. - dnt know if they play diamond...
    need to play more often... I thguth on corona era I finally was going to play MTGO... but too lazy. what a shame about MWS...
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Bryant Cook

I was fortunate enough to make top 8 of the Legacy Challenge today. My games were a blast! Honestly, if you were to watch any of my videos — watch these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYSR...CfDkHswhlpyL3x

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I was fortunate enough to make top 8 of the Legacy Challenge today. My games were a blast! Honestly, if you were to watch any of my videos — watch these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYSR...CfDkHswhlpyL3x
    Congrats! Fortuna Eruditis Favet.

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring CHRISTOPHER VIRULA (TWITTER: @CHRIS_VIRULA | MTGO: COMETA183)! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-42/

The tutoring Bryant does of Anzi is excellent content.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bJzYf25KI

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring JEREMY HINES (TWITTER: u/THEWORDISBRANCH | MTGO: JEREMY_HINES)! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-43/

The new mythic lands are pretty interesting, likelyhood is they'll be Sorcery/Land types based on their cost. That said, would anyone want to be able to Burning Wish for a land to hit drops? Fairly niche, but Burnish Wish is technically a mana fixer now and the other half of the card might be relevant.

Edit: Feed the Swarm looks decent as well

Bryant Cook

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring NATHAN GOLIA
    (TWITTER: @N_R_G | MTGO: VINCENTADU1TMAN )! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-44/

TES 10.8 is essentially a bug deck post board against delver now, with 4 carpet 4 veil 2 decay but 0 rof 4 wish. Except for pulverize, having 3 red duals but only 2 green ones (each only fetchable by 3-4/7 fetched) seems awkward.

I mentioned it on reddit, but perhaps it would be worth testing switching rite of flame to tinderwall and the mana base from UBRg to BUGr (4 verdant 1 mire 0 badlands 1 bayou).

Bryant cook did mention it requires 2 G ims on the combo turn sometimes, but it also means you can combo with 0 R ims. Looked at a few sample hands on the website; this one seemed improved:

Delta, b.wish, drit, led, rof, via, wishclaw. With bayou and tinderwall here can cast any of your spells instead of Rof $ badlands. Leading out on tinder wall Let’s you t2 veil into echo if the Opponent has no t1 removal, and if answered/countered you could go off with veil into rit echo with a sea or swamp top deck unlike if you fetched for badlands and your rof was dazed.

Going through some more example hands:

Chrome mox, vosx2, rof, b.wish,ponder, led.

If that rof is a tinderwall, it lets you imprint veil for a turn 1 echo with a land drop floating. Now you may want to mull that hand anyways but it’s better then unplayable.

May 2008

the bad thing about TW is that you cannot chain into TW as aopp to RoF.
    I tried several things in the form of GMonolith, the problem was it costed me 1 game because of its CMC - tried also to max out Opals and taking out Tendrils, and in the end I felt RoF seemed less worse. but I liked GMonolith it was super powerfull, maybe I should invest more time in that approach...
    happy new year to all!
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Thread Information