Page 102 of 446 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    That BG matchup reads like mine against the GB Nic Fit in my latest Report. Wishing for PIF to turn it active later is key unless they pair the discard with Shaman, Pox and Nic Fit thankfully don't do.

In my experience a 3-Swing-EtW is always too late. Too much Time to find and pop Explosives/Deed/Pulse even if you are on the play and drop them Turn 1. I must be really under pressure to EtW for less than 12 gobbos against anything with creatures so I still have a 2-Swing-kill Even if they drop a creature like DRS
    I had 3 lands in play, a lotus petal in hand, LED in Hand, and Empty. I drew dark ritual. It was basically one turn too late. He had double delver, I then drew Xantid Swarm to chump one delver and actually swing the race in my favor, but he drew Geist of Saint Traft. Then I still had Petal and LED with lands in play and Top deck infernal tutor, but I was a mana short of Killing him, and even then he (surprisingly) had one card left in hand and it happened to be a MB Trap. MB Trap from a tempo deck was the last thing I expected. Looking back at it, knowing he was playing SFM and Batterskull, I wouldn't actually have kept my hand, but it had protection an LED and Empty with a ponder and I felt like it could get there. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I had 3 lands in play, a lotus petal in hand, LED in Hand, and Empty. I drew dark ritual. It was basically one turn too late. He had double delver, I then drew Xantid Swarm to chump one delver and actually swing the race in my favor, but he drew Geist of Saint Traft. Then I still had Petal and LED with lands in play and Top deck infernal tutor, but I was a mana short of Killing him, and even then he (surprisingly) had one card left in hand and it happened to be a MB Trap. MB Trap from a tempo deck was the last thing I expected. Looking back at it, knowing he was playing SFM and Batterskull, I wouldn't actually have kept my hand, but it had protection an LED and Empty with a ponder and I felt like it could get there. Oh well.
    Nevermind, shit happens. MBT from tempo in mean.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2013
    Buffalo NY

Is diminishing return the best option avalible?

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by PartyMonster View Post
    Is diminishing return the best option avalible?
    We've discussed this a lot in the past. Look at Ning (Endure2004)'s report from January 23 for some discussion of Time Spiral. The consensus is that DimRet is the best option between it, Reforge the Soul, and Time Spiral.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmuant View Post
    We've discussed this a lot in the past. Look at Ning (Endure2004)'s report from January 23 for some discussion of Time Spiral. The consensus is that DimRet is the best option between it, Reforge the Soul, and Time Spiral.
    When I had the mana, I usually liked Reforge a bit more, but Returns is cheaper and there was a lot of times that I could only make 4 mana after a wish. Time Spiral I'll admit I have never tried, but It is difficult to get to 6 mana sometimes in matches you want to cast your timetwister because you are trying to restock your hand...
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

When I had the mana, I usually liked Reforge a bit more, but Returns is cheaper and there was a lot of times that I could only make 4 mana after a wish. Time Spiral I'll admit I have never tried, but It is difficult to get to 6 mana sometimes in matches you want to cast your timetwister because you are trying to restock your hand...
    In my experience, when you got to the mana and wound up choosing Reforge, Reforge was more than often the engine that won you the game. Again, when I actually cast the card it won more than Diminishing Returns. I still play DR because it cost less mana.

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

The OP with the SB plan is before we put Xantid Swarm in... What do you guys usually do vs Tempo decks with Swarm? Ive been bringing out an infernal (it helped on wednesday when a RUG delver player surgicaled my Infernal tutor only for me to wish for it), and a ponder for the 2 Xantid Swarms.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

The OP with the SB plan is before we put Xantid Swarm in... What do you guys usually do vs Tempo decks with Swarm? Ive been bringing out an infernal (it helped on wednesday when a RUG delver player surgicaled my Infernal tutor only for me to wish for it), and a ponder for the 2 Xantid Swarms.
    TBH i'm Not the biggest fan of xantids vs RUG. Maybe just bad experience but always I play a swarm it eats removalt. Last time i have boarded -1 Infernal +1 Therapy. Doesn't mean much because my RUG opponents keeps were crap imo. In your case i'd Board out a mox over the Ponder because those Games against RUG always drag themselves to turn 4+.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

I would not consider playing Xantid Swarm against a Lightning Bolt deck.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Went three and three today like a boss at SCG ATL. Played against Jund 3 times, Reanimator, MUD, and Enchantress... It was interesting and frustrating at the same time. Got to watch Phazonmutant rape people (he is still going). Met Bryant. Cool guy! Maybe next time. May write up a short and sweet thing later when I dont feel so defeated lol

Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

PhazonMutant (Greg Mitchell) Top 8!

May 2011
    Louisiana

PhazonMutant (Greg Mitchell) Top 8!
    Does this mean TES is a DTB now?

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    I would not consider playing Xantid Swarm against a Lightning Bolt deck.
    I would against RUG, if they still keep in Bolts, then they have many more dead draws.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    Does this mean TES is a DTB now?
    Doubt it. You have to pick a DtB up without experience or playtesting and perform well for a it to end up in that category (as far as TheSource goes).

Recently a lot of people seemed to pick up ANT/TES and fail miserably (obviously) and keep on blaming the deck in forums for what I saw, because not every starting grip is LED + IT among 7 mana total lol

Join us at Facebook!

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    I would against RUG, if they still keep in Bolts, then they have many more dead draws.

Also makes your AN better since it is 3 less damage to your dome.

also they need to have the bolt, so that you don't blank their snare, pierce, force, blue card hand.

this is in a weird meta meta sense.
    like the "I know, you know, I know"

i feel it does enough work to board in if you have cards you want to cut.

I have a mulligan situation I'd like some input on. It's game two versus a Nic Fit type of deck. I lost game one so I'm on the play. Here's my opening seven:

Rite of Flame
    Brainstorm
    Brainstorm
    Chrome Mox
    Infernal Tutor
    Ad Nauseam
    Scalding Tarn

I mulliganed this hand, but second-guessed myself afterward. I wonder what you guys think of this.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by heathen View Post
    I have a mulligan situation I'd like some input on. It's game two versus a Nic Fit type of deck. I lost game one so I'm on the play. Here's my opening seven:

Rite of Flame
    Brainstorm
    Brainstorm
    Chrome Mox
    Infernal Tutor
    Ad Nauseam
    Scalding Tarn

I mulliganed this hand, but second-guessed myself afterward. I wonder what you guys think of this.
    Mox (imprint BS), Brainstorm AN + infernal on top depending on your drawn acceleration, Play fetch, Pass turn and win the next One if you found a Ritual or an LED + x with the Brainstorm. Actual playouts depends on the 3 cards off Brainstorm but the Hand is capable to win Turn two unmolested from countermagic. Natural ad nauseam is very likely here.

Shipping this Hand vs NicFit is a mistake

Join us at Facebook!

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Do you mean to imprint the Mox, play the Tarn and just pass? You know they're going to lead off with a discard spell, so wouldn't that Brainstorm be better protecting your hand than sculpting it? Also, we had this type of sample hand last from Bryant. The all-in-on-one-cantrip hand no one seemed to like. I think if I were to keep this I might consider just playing the Tarn and pass.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Do you mean to imprint the Mox, play the Tarn and just pass? You know they're going to lead off with a discard spell, so wouldn't that Brainstorm be better protecting your hand than sculpting it? Also, we had this type of sample hand last from Bryant. The all-in-on-one-cantrip hand no one seemed to like. I think if I were to keep this I might consider just playing the Tarn and pass.
    This is not a One-Cantrip-Hand. You have Infernal and Ad Nauseam itself in addition. Using one BS for the Mox and the other to set up your turn 2 kill while hiding Infernal + AN as pure buisness on top of your Library. It's pretty wayne if you BS in response of a discard spell or do it immediately and may kill Turn 1. They don't play Wasteland so you can safe Play the fetchland. You can even trick them by leaving IT in your Hand as #1 discard target while floating AN on Top and make them pick the tutor over the mana

Hard to discuss without Sample Brainstorms here.

Slow Roll with "fetchland, go" isn't promising because you a) waste a shuffle effect b) waste a turn to setup your kill in the Face of Liliana of the Veil and hymn

All you Need is to find +2 mana in your Brainstorm for a Turn 2 kill. Doubt a mulligan can offer better odds

Join us at Facebook!

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    This is not a One-Cantrip-Hand. You have Infernal and Ad Nauseam itself in addition. Using one BS for the Mox and the other to set up your turn 2 kill while hiding Infernal + AN as pure buisness on top of your Library. It's pretty wayne if you BS in response of a discard spell or do it immediately and may kill Turn 1. They don't play Wasteland so you can safe Play the fetchland. You can even trick them by leaving IT in your Hand as #1 discard target while floating AN on Top and make them pick the tutor over the mana

Hard to discuss without Sample Brainstorms here.

Slow Roll with "fetchland, go" isn't promising because you a) waste a shuffle effect b) waste a turn to setup your kill in the Face of Liliana of the Veil and hymn

All you Need is to find +2 mana in your Brainstorm for a Turn 2 kill. Doubt a mulligan can offer better odds
    Fair enough. Maybe I just have this mental block about the odds of them having it or not, and too often err for caution. I mean, when it does come down to it, you have a very likely Turn Two. If they have it they have it.

Thread Information