Page 104 of 446 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_Gatz View Post
    Therapy doesn't really require poker skills, most of the time if you don't have information then you name what you're afraid of or what beats you. Missing isn't the end of the world.
    You are afraid of Thalia and Teeg. You name Thalia, he has Teeg and a Mindbreak Trap.
    In that case I would like to have named Mindbreak Trap, and cantripped into Chain of Vapor.
    But I didn't, because I reconed Thalia would mess it up most, and I didn't expect the Trap.
    This is just one of the occasions I encountered in testing when I hated Therapy and wanted Seize.
    Most play the Therapies, so I'm sure they are good too, but I just prefer Seize.

But good news for all Therapy lovers trying to persuade me to play them: I'm switching lists!
    Silence goes, and Therapy comes in. And the mana base becomes fetch heavy, to improve cantrips.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Report up! http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Top8-with-TES
    The situation Bryant was talking about with artifact mana was round 6 against Dredge.
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I didn't play in the Legacy open. Flight left in the middle of the event. Actually, I was home to watch most of the top 8.

You just assume he was playing against Jund? He wasn't. Even so, it's more likely that they're discarded than destroyed.
    I meant the Invitational; you played in it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmuant View Post
    Report up! http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...-Top8-with-TES
    The situation Bryant was talking about with artifact mana was round 6 against Dredge.
    Congrats!, I played at SCG ATL with TES as well... I went X-6 ;_; ... Every match went to game 3, just couldn't overcome some diversity.. Except vs. Jund. Jund had the dreaded: T1: Thoughtseize, T2: Duress, T3 Lili, T4 BBE cascade into Hymn, game 2 :(
    Current Decks:
    Legacy:
    Spiral Tide
    Goblins
    Lands
    Team America
    ANT/TES
    Dutch Stax

Modern:
    Second Breakfast

Vintage:
    Titan Dredge
    Bomberman

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I had a couple of times Sunday that I wish I were playing a way to remove artifacts and enchantments as a wish target and I think I may go back to it on a local level due to a high amount of Chalice of the Voids... I mean to be fair, I did play Enchantress and MUD in successive rounds, I just would like to know that I have that safety net just incase the shit hits the fan...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

May 2011
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I had a couple of times Sunday that I wish I were playing a way to remove artifacts and enchantments as a wish target and I think I may go back to it on a local level due to a high amount of Chalice of the Voids... I mean to be fair, I did play Enchantress and MUD in successive rounds, I just would like to know that I have that safety net just incase the shit hits the fan...
    Do you feel like having Hull Breach or whatever in your sideboard would have made a difference in either of those matches?

I don't like having artifact hate in the SB against MUD because I can rarely wish and use said card. Between wasteland, Golem, Chalice, and/or Trinisphere it is tough to Wish and use a card from your SB. Or you use all your resources grabbing a Spree or Hull Breach to kill 1-3 artifacts, but to only have the MUD player rebuild his board before we can storm out.

Enchantress is the opposite problem. This is a fairly straightforward and easy matchup which doesn't feel like we need help outside of a couple CoVs. Also, Iggy and PiF are both awesome in this matchup.

Nov 2012
    Finland

I have MUD and TES both. So when playing tes you should do storm on t1 or 2 after that its usually too late. Weakness of mud is mulligan if I have any decent hand lets say t2 metalworker with lodestone i keep against tes. Because mulligan can give like 1 land and 5 five or six costers. Of course once I had nuts start like t1 chalice @0 and 1. T2 and 3 golems and game was over.

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Hi all,

I've been testing the Cabal Therapys in other builds and I think they re really strong, I'm planning to change the Side as follows:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Chain of Vapor
    2 Xantid Swarm
    2 Cabal Therapy
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Diminishing Returns

To:
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Chain of Vapor
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Diminishing Returns

I'd like to know if somebody else is testing C.Therapys in main. Or any other is fallen in love with Therapy.
    The changes to the side are logic: Simply take out 2 Xantid and 1 A.Decay in the form of more disruption.
    Also Therapy is great in conjuntion with CoV.

I noticed that vs S&T the Full Disruption package is great as well as vs Discard Decks like Jund or Team America variants.
    I know Xantid is great vs S&T and Reanimator, 2 of the match ups I find more in my meta, this is the only reason to play Xantid instead Therapy.
    I'm not sure if this will make sense.

Also, The Silence vs Therapy in main, I understand has been tested, but, again, I'd like to know thoutghs if any has been trying to develop or test something like this.
    The fact is that the most I play Therapy The most I Like it.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Have you really a plan for boarding in all those Therapies? Which matchups which can't be handled via eot Chain/Decay, untap, win or by maxing silence effects with swarms, would you like a adress with Therapies?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

I think he just really likes it, but let him test it and he'll come back around to the OP list.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Mentally preparing for another tournament tonight with Bribery in side (chop Decays Down to 2). Have to take the train and borrow cards again though :/

Hope I can take notes again in stenography to produce another detailed report :)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Hi everyone !
    I've been trying Time Spiral over Diminishing returns for a long time and my testing is working pretty well. Has anyone tried it too ?
    In my opinion the two more mana needed to cast it are a necessary bad, because when you untap your lands you are on a better position than if you have diminishing return'd. Almost always you'll have at least 2-3 lands for untaping, and in long games it's a better option than DR too.
    Best regards.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by plimplam View Post
    Almost always you'll have at least 2-3 lands for untaping
    You must play another deck than me ... seriously ...

Join us at Facebook!

Maybe. I play Bryant 75 -1 Diminishing + 1 time spiral. Always that I use TS I have at least two lands, few times I have 3 lands, never four. That's why I said I always have 2-3 lands. So, better explained for you ? ^^

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Maybe. I play Bryant 75 -1 Diminishing + 1 time spiral. Always that I use TS I have at least two lands, few times I have 3 lands, never four. That's why I said I always have 2-3 lands. So, better explained for you ? ^^
    If you aim to play 5+ turns to have "at least 2-3 lands" in play and you go for TS and invest 8 mana doing so, I'm confident to say, you misplay the deck and/or have questionable decks/players you test against.

Join us at Facebook!

Do you know what a burning wish target is ? Situational cards. There are matches and situations where the deck doesn't have to be to fast as it could be. In some matchups you can wait until turn 5+, if you are a robot piloting the deck and you say " I have to go for it turn 5- " you will loose ton of matches because of that. Sometimes there's no problem for keeping a slow hand. Even Bryant said that not far along. But maybe you don't read too much about the deck. You talk as I always go for it turn 5+, well, I do when I have to, sorry if this disturbs you.
    An advice for you, try to be more flexible and maybe you can learn a bit more. :)

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Do you know what a burning wish target is ? Situational cards. There are matches and situations where the deck doesn't have to be to fast as it could be. In some matchups you can wait until turn 5+, if you are a robot piloting the deck and you say " I have to go for it turn 5- " you will loose ton of matches because of that. Sometimes there's no problem for keeping a slow hand. Even Bryant said that not far along. But maybe you don't read too much about the deck. You talk as I always go for it turn 5+, well, I do when I have to, sorry if this disturbs you.
    An advice for you, try to be more flexible and maybe you can learn a bit more. :)
    Yeah, I sure have no clue: latest report

Wish targets aren't "situational"; PIF, IGG and DR are additional Storm engines. Read Bryants take on DR vs. TS if you try to use his quotes for justification

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Hi all,

I've been testing the Cabal Therapys in other builds and I think they re really strong, I'm planning to change the Side as follows:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Chain of Vapor
    2 Xantid Swarm
    2 Cabal Therapy
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Diminishing Returns

To:
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Chain of Vapor
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Grapeshot
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    1 Past in Flames
    1 Diminishing Returns

I'd like to know if somebody else is testing C.Therapys in main. Or any other is fallen in love with Therapy.
    The changes to the side are logic: Simply take out 2 Xantid and 1 A.Decay in the form of more disruption.
    Also Therapy is great in conjuntion with CoV.

I noticed that vs S&T the Full Disruption package is great as well as vs Discard Decks like Jund or Team America variants.
    I know Xantid is great vs S&T and Reanimator, 2 of the match ups I find more in my meta, this is the only reason to play Xantid instead Therapy.
    I'm not sure if this will make sense.

Also, The Silence vs Therapy in main, I understand has been tested, but, again, I'd like to know thoutghs if any has been trying to develop or test something like this.
    The fact is that the most I play Therapy The most I Like it.
    I've done the 4 Duress, 3 Cabal Therapy MD before, unless you're trying to play with more fetch lands and basic lands or you're trying to win faster by playing on color disruption in order to avoid the first or second land drop problem that Silence has for white mana then there isn't a reason to play all discard compared to Silence, discard and Xantid Swarm because it gives Leyline of Sanctity and Sensei's Divining Top additional EV.

It's viable, it's just not necessarily best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Yeah, I sure have no clue: latest report

Wish targets aren't "situational"; PIF, IGG and DR are additional Storm engines. Read Bryants take on DR vs. TS if you try to use his quotes for justification
    I' m tired of loosing my time with you. You have the absloute truth abput everything.

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Have you really a plan for boarding in all those Therapies? Which matchups which can't be handled via eot Chain/Decay, untap, win or by maxing silence effects with swarms, would you like a adress with Therapies?
    @Final Fortune Also:

This is the main goal.

I tryed only once the Timo Build and felt how good therapys are, I'm not able to do not agree with him when he says 'Therapy is the way to go'.

The match ups I won (9-1 with Timo List) were mainly because of the absurd quantity of discard the deck packaged, so the strategy was simply: to discard the oponnent, draw Bomb and just win. I noticed then how easy the S&T Match up was with 10 Discard effects, a Match Up I fear with TES for second and 3rd games.

Also in my meta the BUG variants with Hymn, T.Seize, and discard are a lot, and the best way to fight this is 'Figth Fire with Fire' as Metallica Song says. Silence is good but not vs Discard decks.

I recognize that the Reanimator match up goes worse because of not having Xantid, but we again are using 8 Discard effects,

The fact that you can go with Empty in base and sacrifice a Goblin for flashback seems to me another thing to have in mind with 4 therapys. This can provoke to not to take out Empty for second or third games even if you suspect massive removal, as Therapoy will help us with this.

I'm not going to test the No Silence version yet, but If I would I will put 3 duress 4 Therapys and let 2 Inquisition + 1 Duress in Side. I would take out also the CityOfBrass for more fetches.

As said, I do not intend to touch the base but, the other day winning the Tournament making 9-1 with that Timo List openend my eyes to a new world in which Therapy is the king. I think Silence is good in the base because of its Inevitability and seems quicker (I say quicker because sometimes you need to wait with therapy to guess what the oponent can have in hand), so at the moment I'll put them in side. I think those slots are the correct ones.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Thread Information