Page 111 of 446 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

New HotS-Report is up!

Heart of the Swarm Vol.3 - Day of the Tentacle

Enjoy!
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    I usually wait until the last possible moment to wish. If it is turn 4 and they have shredded my hand a bit, They have an active Liliana and I draw LED for my turn, Ill play out my LED and wish for PiF. If they play DRS then Oh well I suppose. Maybe it isnt the right play, but I haven't lost with this line of play before (though I did sack into a win before) and I probably would do it again if it comes up. Like I said, sometimes they just get all of the hate and you just cannot win. That is the risk that you run.
    Ok, I just wanted to clear that up. You made it sound like you just BW into Past in Flames and won with ease. I didn't want people to be misinformed. That line of play makes sense.

I don't know how well LED works with Past in Flames, but there you have it...

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I mean with all of your spells and a PiF in the yard your yard is basically your hand and LED is actually a black lotus. So yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

It's about the only way to win if you are going to a long game vs discard. Black Lotus is tech.

DocteurGabe
    Mar 2013
    Halifax, NS, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I feel like a 15 years old about to watch a Twilight movie!

Arhump......

Well.
    Yes. Im excited.
    I facepalm so hard in Public that hipsters gonna make this a new trend

lol nice work.. taking down the event and getting the girl's number. Luck is an attitude ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    Man IDK, I don't write this bullshit. We all know WotC has some primo grass in its R&D Lair.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by TraxDaMax View Post
    lol nice work.. taking down the event and getting the girl's number. Luck is an attitude ;)
    "Luck" is the result of hard work in both cases. :)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Cabal Minion
    Dec 2012
    Victoria, BC, Canada

I played TES at SCG seattle going 4-5.
    Quick synopsis:

Round 1 - The Rock (V.S. sdematt himself)
    Lost the roll. Lost in 3. Matt’s disruption: Cabal therapy, Deed, Thalia, Hymn.
    0-1

Round 2 - Merfolk
    Lost the roll. Won in 2. Disruption: Pierce, Daze, FOW.
    1-1

Round 3 - Esper Stoneblade
    Lost the roll. Lost in 3. Distruption: FOW, Thoughtseize, Inquisition, Spell Pierce.
    1-2

Round 4 - B/W Deadguy
    Lost the roll. Won in 2. Disruption: Thoughtseize, Inquisition, Hymn, Sculler, Thalia.
    2-2

Round 5 - Reanimator
    Lost the roll. Lost in 2. Disruption: Thoughtseize, Daze, FOW, and Turn2 Grissels.
    2-3

Round 6 - RUG Delver
    Won the Roll. Won in 2. Disruption: Force, Daze, Pierce, Snare, Stifle.
    3-3

Round 7 - U/R Delver
    Lost the Roll. Lost in 3. Disruption: Force, Daze, Pierce.Harsh punted game three sacking my 18th goblin to cabal therapy for no reason while hes at exactly 18. Fuck meeeeee.
    3-4

Round 8 - Jund
    Lost the roll. Lost in 2. Disruption: Thoughtseize, Inquisition, Hymn, Golgari Charm.
    3-5

Round 9 - Jund
    Won the roll. Won in 2. Disruption: Thoughtseize, Inquisition, Hymn, Golgari Charm.
    4-5

I deffinitly punted in round 7, and messed up a brainstorm in round 8.
    I only mulled to 5 a couple times, so maybe i could have mulled a bit harder in the tougher matches on the play.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by BrettF View Post
    I only mulled to 5 a couple times, so maybe i could have mulled a bit harder in the tougher matches on the play.
    I doubt half of those mulls to 5 were necessary. If you fear passing your turn after being on the play use Silence, Probe and Brainstorm for Protection

Edit:
    @folks: Can we stop mulligan discussions without notes about the starting grip? It's impossible

Join us at Facebook!

Jun 2010
    Lucca, Italy

Hi, I have a question about an opening hand...
    Last night in a tournament of 20 people I finish 3-1, losing the last 2-1 against UBg cascade.
    We are 1-1 and my hand is:

Wish
    Rite of Flame
    Rite of Flame
    City of brass
    LED
    LED
    Brainstorm

I'll go first, he takes a mulligan to 6, I thought that without lands in play was reasonable do 12 goblins, and risking FOW, so I did...and so I died by double FOW ...
    Is this the right way?or I must wait for cast brainstorm?

thanks
    BUGdelver
    Delver
    T.E.S.
    - I enjoy doing broken stuff. I don't care if you're having fun as long as I am -

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Game one against BUG cascade you keep that and make a bunch of dudes, they rarely have FoW maindeck. Game three on the other hand...I'd keep that hand and sit on the brainstorm. What did he bring in against you? How did you side against him? I think it was too greedy to walk into a FoW, especially if he kept his seven or snap kept another hand.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by festeringGAB View Post
    Hi, I have a question about an opening hand...
    Last night in a tournament of 20 people I finish 3-1, losing the last 2-1 against UBg cascade.
    We are 1-1 and my hand is:

Wish
    Rite of Flame
    Rite of Flame
    City of brass
    LED
    LED
    Brainstorm

I'll go first, he takes a mulligan to 6, I thought that without lands in play was reasonable do 12 goblins, and risking FOW, so I did...and so I died by double FOW ...
    Is this the right way?or I must wait for cast brainstorm?

thanks
    In face of possible Discard, Wasteland, Taxing Counters and FoW depending on his build, pushing All-In here against a mulligan is reasonable. If you have Knowledge about his build gained in G1/G2 aka a lack of Discard or Wastelands you can opt to sculpt your hand first.

It's outright possible that your opponent mulliganed into a Discard Spell or taxing counter and just accepts the possible T1 Kill before going to 5 cards. Mulligan into T1 discard on the play or FoW on the draw is a loosing play vs TES in many cases

Join us at Facebook!

Jun 2010
    Lucca, Italy

Quote Originally Posted by jandax View Post
    Game one against BUG cascade you keep that and make a bunch of dudes, they rarely have FoW maindeck. Game three on the other hand...I'd keep that hand and sit on the brainstorm. What did he bring in against you? How did you side against him? I think it was too greedy to walk into a FoW, especially if he kept his seven or snap kept another hand.
    Post side I have only +1 Cabal Therapy -1 Infernal tutor
    I think that, if he side in pernicious dead can destroy my goblin on turn 3, and I kill he on turn 2..and in the other match I see wasteland duress hymn thoughtseize, I was scare about discard on turn one.

however..the other 3 cards on the top are: fetch fetch cabal therapy and in his hand there are only 2 tarmo 2 force 2 land, if I cast brainstorm probably I win with cabal on FOW..
    thanks for your advice

:)
    BUGdelver
    Delver
    T.E.S.
    - I enjoy doing broken stuff. I don't care if you're having fun as long as I am -

Quote Originally Posted by festeringGAB View Post
    Post side I have only +1 Cabal Therapy -1 Infernal tutor
    I think that, if he side in pernicious dead can destroy my goblin on turn 3, and I kill he on turn 2..and in the other match I see wasteland duress hymn thoughtseize, I was scare about discard on turn one.

however..the other 3 cards on the top are: fetch fetch cabal therapy and in his hand there are only 2 tarmo 2 force 2 land, if I cast brainstorm probably I win with cabal on FOW..
    thanks for your advice

:)
    A good question to ask yourself in those situations is: what would the impact be if he only had a single hate card the first turn (in this case this would be a one mana discard spell, a wastland or a FOW + blue card).
    A single discard spell wouldt have been so bad because you could still BS your wish on top and had enough mana to make somthing work with only the cards in your hand.
    A wasteland would destroy your only mana source if your BS would wiff.
    Force wouldn't have impact on his first turn and you would have time to brainstorm for protection.
    So in retrospect I would say waiting for a turn wouldn't have been the worse thing.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Dia_Bot View Post
    A good question to ask yourself in those situations is: what would the impact be if he only had a single hate card the first turn (in this case this would be a one mana discard spell, a wastland or a FOW + blue card).
    A single discard spell wouldt have been so bad because you could still BS your wish on top and had enough mana to make somthing work with only the cards in your hand.
    A wasteland would destroy your only mana source if your BS would wiff.
    Force wouldn't have impact on his first turn and you would have time to brainstorm for protection.
    So in retrospect I would say waiting for a turn wouldn't have been the worse thing.
    The problem is more complex.

Passing the turn equals that you play out the LED's to prevent shit like Therapy for the no.1 Target LED. If you pass the Turn you can't get a reasonable stcormcount for EtW therefore and/or fall victim to natural Deed unlike casting it first turn, which would require him having mana acceleration (DRS) to be in time. So passing the turn puts you into Diminishing Returns or IGG (in case you find Wish/Tutor with BS). Would you like to negate the mulligan of a blue opponent with D.Returns here? I would not

Join us at Facebook!

The problem is more complex.

Passing the turn equals that you play out the LED's to prevent shit like Therapy for the no.1 Target LED. If you pass the Turn you can't get a reasonable stcormcount for EtW therefore and/or fall victim to natural Deed unlike casting it first turn, which would require him having mana acceleration (DRS) to be in time. So passing the turn puts you into Diminishing Returns or IGG (in case you find Wish/Tutor with BS). Would you like to negate the mulligan of a blue opponent with D.Returns here? I would not
    I see your point although I would like to point out that BUG will rarely play Cabal Therapy because their creatures are way to valuable. After side most builds bring in extra counters. Therefor playing out your LED's turn one seems unnecessary in my opinion.
    Diminishing returns and IGG will indeed not be very optimal against a blue opponent. However, in case you could find another tutor PiF is another option (LED,LED,RoF,RoF, Wish > PiF > RoF, RoF, tutor, Tendrils). But I do agree that the problem is complex indeed (there are too many variables involved in brainstorming to get a clear cut answer) and going for it turn one is certainly not wrong.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

It's hard for me atm to frame the BUG.dec in question. I don't know how this special subtype is "used to build", either relying on Discard, Counters or Tempo-cards. Therefore my analysis is incomplete.

Variables with Brainstorm involved are in any case a lot more than going straight for the kill, which was the most important point took into consideration

Join us at Facebook!

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

I thought BUG lists and their disruption were:

"Shardless" main: 4 FoW, 4-7 discard spells, side: Pierce, Flusterstorm (3-4 in total)
    "BUG Jace Control: main: 4 FoW, 2-3 Pierce, 1-2 Counterspell, side: 3-4 discard, 2-3 Pierce/Flusterstorm
    "Team America" main: 4 FoW, 4 Daze, 2-3 Pierce, 0-2 Snare, 4 discard (either targeted or Hymn), side: 2-3 Pierce/Flusterstorm

All variants can have Deeds or Pulses side (Jace Control plays 4 Deeds main), so Empty is not a fail proof option.
    Right now no-one plays Stifle in BUG (except for myself obviously I still have a BUG Tempo list I consider for tournaments).

Nov 2006
    Nijmegen, The Netherlands

BUG has no answers to turn 1 10+ tokens except for FoW. I always try to win turn 1 with that hand.
    "Part of me belives that Barrin taught me meditation simply to shut me up."

-Ertai, wizard adept

http://solidarityprimer.proboards85.com/index.cgi

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamuth View Post
    BUG has no answers to turn 1 10+ tokens except for FoW.
    That is wrong. DRS + Deed or pulse gets the job done. Granted this will need 1 fetch, 1 shaman and 1 pulse/deed in 6 cards + 2 draws.

Thread Information