Page 14 of 446 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Testing something that looks roughly like the "Long.dec" list Karsten posted in his most article. Reforge the Soul certainly enables some ludicrous storm counts very early.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Oct 2010
    Bergen County - NJ

I know it's early for the month of April and all of it's results but this really made me happy.

Hi

I am Eneko Mendibe the player who is writing the articles Road to Annecy with TES in manainfinito.

Sorry for my English, I understand everything you write, but I can hardly write, so I use a translator.

Here are the videos of the game I played against UW Stoneblade in March ELL.

http://manainfinito.com/videos/ell-2...-uw-stoneblade

This is the article of the April leagues (spanish)

http://manainfinito.com/articulos/le...port-ell-y-llg

2nd in the ELL with 47 players and 1st in the LLG with 36 players.

Quote Originally Posted by COBBLER View Post
    Well your complaining about hate bears much easier to deal with then counterspells in general.
    i was saying no one read what the other guy actually posted. then i said hate bears are harder then mbt... (the counterspell in question)

Well, we hardly ever leave our chant effects in against non-blue match-ups (Dredge being the exception? :p). As, Inquisition (and bounce) tends to be more useful in those match-ups (hits Pillar, Thorn, Chalice, Thalia..). Ironically, non-blue decks occasionally run Mindbreak trap, while blue decks rarely do (better alternatives). I remember Bryant saying he never plays around Mindbreak trap game two against Goblins. So, it's not as simple as "playing chant to get around it". As, Mindbreak Trap isn't played enough to side against it game two (leaving chant effects in). But, at the risk of stating the obvious, Mindbreak Trap can single handedly steal a game from us. I believe this is ultimately what frightens some people. That, it's almost a misplay to side against Mindbreak Trap game two, but you run the risk of smashing into it regardless.

Sep 2010
    LA

In my Experience ,for goblin players at least, they mulligan to mindbreak trap at any cost so it seems wise not to run into it I mean its not that hard to find a duress or whatever to play around it.

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

This comes up every now and then, but how often do you guys keep the following hand?

Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Lion's Eye Diamond, Brainstorm, Infernal Tutor, Silence, Rite of Flame

I'm usually OK keeping this hand at my LGS when I'm up a game, but in most cases will ship it for a better six. At larger events, I find this an auto-mull.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Quote Originally Posted by RaNDoMxGeSTuReS View Post
    This comes up every now and then, but how often do you guys keep the following hand?

Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Lion's Eye Diamond, Brainstorm, Infernal Tutor, Silence, Rite of Flame

I'm usually OK keeping this hand at my LGS when I'm up a game, but in most cases will ship it for a better six. At larger events, I find this an auto-mull.
    I'd keep it if I knew that the opponent isn't running LD and doesn't win very fast. Which pretty much means that I would never keep it against a competitive Legacy deck.

Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

I throw it back. Even if you rip a black source, you lose to Force of Will if you try to go off immediately.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011

I think taking a mulligan would be the correct play. Though, I'm guilty of keeping on occasion too. What about...

Brainstorm, Ponder, Chrome Mox, Dark Ritual, Lion's Eye Diamond, Infernal Tutor, Burning Wish

Pretty janky to say the least. Unfortunately, I find hands like this to be a common occurrence, for me at least. I generally keep, then question the correctness of such a play for the remainder of the game...

Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

I often have trouble deciding on Brainstorm, Ponder, Chrome Mox hands too. I think I usually keep them on the draw and throw them back on the play.

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Regarding to this:
    - I'll keep this hand, I mean, you only need Land or Mox or Petal (Independant Mana Sources), for the rest you have Protection , Threats and Dependant Mana Sources. and you can play LED so that you 're not discarded, so you have 2 turns.

Related to the one with mox and ponder and brainstorm- Brainstorm, Ponder, Chrome Mox, Dark Ritual, Lion's Eye Diamond, Infernal Tutor, Burning Wish:
    -I'll keep this hand also.
    I mean play mox, imprint brainstorm and play Ponder, thats simple.

Above all keep in mind that this deck is the best deck to demonstrate statistics in magic and the first hand has all you need except Independant Mana Sources.

Just my opinion, Bryant your thinkings?

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Regarding to this:
    - I'll keep this hand,
    I mean, you only need Land or Mox or Petal (Independant Mana Sources), for the rest you have Protection , Threats and Dependant Mana Sources. and you can play LED so that you 're not discarded, so you have 2 turns.

Related to the one with mox and ponder and brainstorm.
    -I'll keep this hand also.
    I mean play mox, imprint brainstorm and play Ponder, thats simple.

Above all keep in mind that this deck is the best deck to demonstrate statistics in magic and the first hand has all you need except Independant Mana Sources.

Just my opinion, Bryant your thinkings?
    You can also just as easily brick for 10 turns and fucking lose.

EDIT: Countertop is probably a better example of your "statistics in Magic"
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

You can also just as easily brick for 10 turns and fucking lose.

EDIT: Countertop is probably a better example of your "statistics in Magic"
    Yes, I agree, but as Bryant said, "Shit happens.".

No way. Needs too much to beat any disruption, and you need to draw an initial source before it does anything at all. Way too many if's.
    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

Quote Originally Posted by leegoo View Post
    No way. Needs too much to beat any disruption, and you need to draw an initial source before it does anything at all. Way too many if's.
    Agreed. I would also not keep this.

It's certainly not a case of "Shit happens." if you kept a hand you shouldn't have kept to begin with.

Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Wesley Surber is on camera playing TES at SCGAL right now. He just ran headfirst into Force of Will in game one.
    EDIT: And again in game two, but he pulled it out somehow.
    EDIT: Game three he bricks on Ad Nauseam, makes goblins on the next turn. Dies to Show and Tell + Hive Mind + two pacts.
    Some pretty crummy plays on both sides. Commentators (Joey Pasco and Mike Flores) had to ask Twitter to tell them how Lion's Eye Diamond works.
    Last edited by thefringthing; 04-22-2012 at 04:56 PM.

May 2011
    New Zealand

Those were some horrible, horrible plays. He should have just chanted him and went for an Iggy loop or something...

Also, did he not have PiF or something, would have won right up with silence backup most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    Wesley Surber is on camera playing TES at SCGAL right now. He just ran headfirst into Force of Will in game one.
    EDIT: Game three he bricks on Ad Nauseam, makes goblins on the next turn. Dies to Show and Tell + Hive Mind + two pacts.
    Some pretty crummy plays on both sides.
    Sounds like a typical SCG's feature match.

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    Some pretty crummy plays on both sides. Commentators (Joey Pasco and Mike Flores) had to ask Twitter to tell them how Lion's Eye Diamond works.
    that match was just ridiculous accident, real pain watching all the ignorance

Thread Information