Page 390 of 446 FirstFirst ... 290340380386387388389390391392393394400440 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Bryant Cook

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Pithing Needle on Lion's Eye Diamond
    O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    O_o
    Reading cards is hard. We saw similar in GP Lille 2015 Top8 (which is even more disturbing)
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

great report as always and congrats for the good result. Glad you went bayou md, I think it's really worth it.

Pays for Flusterstorm
    Nov 2014
    MO, US

I did a deck tech for TES with Gathering Magic at GP Columbus!

Watch it here:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2HsPVwm3Pg
    Just beat the devil out of it

Twitter: @Man_Charm

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    O_o

Standard high lavel play
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Jun 2010
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post

Standard high lavel play
    The kind of game we usually loose.

Great report, glad to see TES in top32.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    Opponent virtually mulled to 5

www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Emptying the Warrens

Nov 2012

Have you guys thought of running more past in flames + brainfreeze to act as an ad-naeseum effect that allows for faster tendrils if you end up milling yourself?
    Emptying the Warrens: So YOU don't have to!

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by monovfox View Post
    Have you guys thought of running more past in flames + brainfreeze to act as an ad-naeseum effect that allows for faster tendrils if you end up milling yourself?
    You mean running a two-card-combo which is killed by yardhate instead of simply casting Ad Nauseam and win?

Join us at Facebook!

I think the fancy brainfreeze+ pif combo seems more suitable for ANT (essentially needing U, B and R seems worse than just needing B and R for TES). Not saying its good, but certainly fancy.

Anyways: just wanted to thank Mr.Cook for his website on this deck. Its really the reason i play this deck in the first place. :) big fan by the way :D

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by quadich View Post
    I think the fancy brainfreeze+ pif combo seems more suitable for ANT (essentially needing U, B and R seems worse than just needing B and R for TES). Not saying its good, but certainly fancy.

Anyways: just wanted to thank Mr.Cook for his website on this deck. Its really the reason i play this deck in the first place. :) big fan by the way :D
    Thanks, I appreciate it.

I'm currently working on the next iteration of the website. Should be live sooner rather than later.

Glad you gave the Grinding Station game plan a go, for what it's worth i've been playing with two Tendrils in the SB in order to Burning Wish for one and then Infernal Tutor for the other post-board. If you are playing Massacre again, Grape Shot seems redundant so you may want to try it that way instead.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Glad you gave the Grinding Station game plan a go, for what it's worth i've been playing with two Tendrils in the SB in order to Burning Wish for one and then Infernal Tutor for the other post-board. If you are playing Massacre again, Grape Shot seems redundant so you may want to try it that way instead.
    I really disliked having two copies of Tendrils, it felt wasted and I've had a lot of use out of the Grapeshot slot (even with Massacre). The only sideboard slots in question are the Hurkyl's Recalls.

I really disliked having two copies of Tendrils, it felt wasted and I've had a lot of use out of the Grapeshot slot (even with Massacre). The only sideboard slots in question are the Hurkyl's Recalls.
    Whats your take on the Hurkyl's so far? I haven't liked them in ANT and with the speed of TES it seems like there may be better cards than recall. I'm assuming you primarily bring them in for Eldrazi?

EDIT: Keep up the good work with the site, btw. Really is an invaluable resource

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    Whats your take on the Hurkyl's so far? I haven't liked them in ANT and with the speed of TES it seems like there may be better cards than recall. I'm assuming you primarily bring them in for Eldrazi?

EDIT: Keep up the good work with the site, btw. Really is an invaluable resource
    I appreciate the kind words on the website, the version I'm working on now will be an improvement (I hope).

I feel like theyve been underwhelming, a lot of the games I lose its from their fast clock and I have dual answers in my hand or so many pieces that Hurkyl's wouldn't save me anyway. Sometimes it's best to just take your chances and use those slots for something else. I'm not saying I'm cutting them, but they're currently the weakest slots.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I appreciate the kind words on the website, the version I'm working on now will be an improvement (I hope).

I feel like theyve been underwhelming, a lot of the games I lose its from their fast clock and I have dual answers in my hand or so many pieces that Hurkyl's wouldn't save me anyway. Sometimes it's best to just take your chances and use those slots for something else. I'm not saying I'm cutting them, but they're currently the weakest slots.
    I agree on H.Recall. Sometimes you simply don't have the time to build a board for eot Recall into a win. For being specific Eldrazi Hate, the card isn't turning the tide

Join us at Facebook!

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    I agree on H.Recall. Sometimes you simply don't have the time to build a board for eot Recall into a win. For being specific Eldrazi Hate, the card isn't turning the tide
    I used also recall, but wasn't effective enough...
    I've been using recently 1pulverize in side in conjunction with a fetch manabase consisting in 13 lands 2 sea 2 v.island 1 badlands (I really hate beeing on 6 discard only but CoS and Pulverize changed my mind...), and in 1 eldrazi match up- i recognize i made a mistake for not considering that the card existed in my side... - but would have won me a game if i had fetched for volcanic as the 2nd land (the 1st was wastelanded and the 3rd would have been badlands). Sure they will wasteland you something, but there are chances where pulverize is the way to go - it is just one mana with a thorn and chalice.

Apart, I'm toying with the idea of City of solitude in side - but i needed more lands - in order to see what happens in the miracles match up... althougth still didn't have a chance to face any...

@F.Fortune, I really do not see the use of PiF in base unless you have anynumber of C.Rit... the idea behind is that with RoF you need more in order to make PiF worth, with C.Rit you are justgenerating +3 mana - the same as 2 RoF... it is just nt comparable... I sometimes use PiF in TES, but are few and the scenarios are reduced to 3 or 4 as much...

EDIT: Well regarding G.Shot - I 've been playing it recently and I recognize I made a mistake taking this card out of the side because of void snare card - thiese are just 2 different cards with different purposes, i can't even compare tg.s. to massacre or pyroclasm.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

http://www.theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-6/

TES Infernal Tutoring #6 is live!

Hopefully the third question will be useful for the majority of you. As always, feel free to comment & critique!
    The journey of a new player riding The EPIC Storm
    www.theepicstorm.com

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    I've been using recently 1pulverize in side in conjunction with a fetch manabase consisting in 13 lands 2 sea 2 v.island 1 badlands (I really hate beeing on 6 discard only but CoS and Pulverize changed my mind...), and in 1 eldrazi match up- i recognize i made a mistake for not considering that the card existed in my side... - but would have won me a game if i had fetched for volcanic as the 2nd land (the 1st was wastelanded and the 3rd would have been badlands). Sure they will wasteland you something, but there are chances where pulverize is the way to go - it is just one mana with a thorn and chalice.
    Wishing for Pulverize and casting it is 1 mana against Thorn? In my books its 4 mana total and you give your opponent plenty of options to just Wasteland you before getting the chance to cast Pulverize.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Apart, I'm toying with the idea of City of solitude in side - but i needed more lands - in order to see what happens in the miracles match up... althougth still didn't have a chance to face any...
    1) Ask the dear ANT players on this forum. Robert tested with City for example. Can't remember any of the guys is still playing it. Has the same fundamental problem like Swarm against Miracles
    2) You "still" didn't have the chance to play against Miracles at all? Don't you tell us here for years of how easy Miracles is to beat with your 11 Rainbow lands? Doesn't fit together for me

Quote Originally Posted by LDX View Post
    http://www.theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-6/

TES Infernal Tutoring #6 is live!

Hopefully the third question will be useful for the majority of you. As always, feel free to comment & critique!
    Second this. The 3rd question was a good one. Thanks to your friend

Join us at Facebook!

Thread Information