Page 4 of 433 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 8650

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

  1. #61
    All the copies target you.
    thefringthing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    Kitchener, Ontario
    Posts

    570

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    I wouldn't take the percentage numbers too seriously.

    With a little practice, you should be able to think about what cards your opponent will be playing in the first two or three turns of the game and determine whether the matchup should be positive or negative for you.

    If someone wants to play a hundred matches against each of the decks mentioned in the opening post, they're welcome to do so, but I don't think it's really neccessary or worthwhile to have statistics that accurate.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

  2. #62

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    It's impossible to have statisticaly accurate data for a matchup. The reason is because there are too many variables (your playmistakes, your opponents playmistakes, luck, etc.) The only way to come close to statistical relevant numbers would be to pair like for instance 100 players with different levels of experience against 100 opponents with different levels of experience and let them play a relevant number of games.

    But like it has been said before this is by no means necessary and bryant gave a pretty estimate of how hard/easy the matchup should be.

  3. #63

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    I picked up my Japanese Foil Inquisitions from the post office this morning. Can't wait to use them!

  4. #64
    A Dedicated Storm Player...
    Pelikanudo's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...
    Posts

    556

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    @Bryant:
    Question:
    I've lost one game because of showing A.N. at 19 life playing 2 A.N. in main. That tournament I started 5-0 rounds, althoutgh I won also this march up. So statistics are always the key.
    Next I tryed PiF instead of the second A.N. I won some more match ups but almost always I preferred the Other .A.N.
    I've also been testing other options like more chants or T.Seize but nothing worked except Inquisitions, Also debating the space of the Duress in side, but again no, so I have to agree with B.Cook again in everithing.
    I need any explanation why to play 1 other card like preordain or I don't know instead of the space of the second A.N. because of statistics. and mosts of times ths side strategy involves taking out at least 1 threat that can be prefectly the second A.N or the Card I don't know yet but I need to subtitute for the second A.N.
    Please give some answer of which card can be and don't say it must be the second A.N.
    This space is Preordain, but please any other suggestion?
    Thanks

  5. #65

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Pelikanudo, your English is pretty broken so I'm going to do my best to understand what I think you're asking.

    You were playing two Ad Nauseam, then switched to one Past in Flames due to life total loss on Ad Nauseam, but then Past in Flames wasn't good enough so you made the slot Preordain? My advice? Man-up and play two Ad Nauseam. Count how many times you draw that Preordain and if it was Ad Nauseam if it was better. I bet it's more effective as an Ad Nauseam than a Preordain. The deck isn't looking to fix it's draws in that slot as much as it's looking for raw power. You killed yourself? Shit happens man, you've got to get back up on that horse. In the long run you'll win more games due to the second Ad Nauseam than you'll lose because you only had the one.

  6. #66
    A Dedicated Storm Player...
    Pelikanudo's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...
    Posts

    556

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Please give some answer of which card can be and don't say it must be the second A.N. That was what I asked.
    I simply can't play a deck that sometimes you loose to yourself inevitably, this is contradictory, I admit the fact of doing mulligans, bad draws, but . shit happens?
    well, shit happens and I don't prefer that shit happens.
    Please any other suggestion. That's the worst slot. I hate that slot. please understand me, I didn't make that deck but I have to agree with each of the cards of that deck because of its pure statistics. People that don't understand this deck and see how people that plays GOOD the deck always think its luck. False! good players make possible that luck, you simply draw the cards that you need to win.
    Please any other card for that slot?

  7. #67

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    You're crying about luck playing into you losing a few matches? You do understand when you're playing any Adn deck luck is always going to be a factor when you have no control about what cards are being flipped.

    What Bryant is trying to say is by having the 2nd Adn in the deck you are able to naturally draw into it. Which is always better then having to Infernal tutor >> LED >> Adn.

  8. #68
    Bizarros Team Member
    maurobad2k4's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Brazil - Sao Paulo
    Posts

    31

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Please give some answer of which card can be and don't say it must be the second A.N. That was what I asked.
    I simply can't play a deck that sometimes you loose to yourself inevitably, this is contradictory, I admit the fact of doing mulligans, bad draws, but . shit happens?
    well, shit happens and I don't prefer that shit happens.
    Please any other suggestion. That's the worst slot. I hate that slot. please understand me, I didn't make that deck but I have to agree with each of the cards of that deck because of its pure statistics. People that don't understand this deck and see how people that plays GOOD the deck always think its luck. False! good players make possible that luck, you simply draw the cards that you need to win.
    Please any other card for that slot?
    I'm sorry but if you want a deck that dont take any risks then this deck is not for you. Combo decks arent for the faint of heart..
    TBH, I usually played with 2 AdN in the few times I played this deck and they always were good. Maybe you could try replacing one AdN with a EtW and see what happens. .. but playing combo is always a high risk/high reward situation.
    # The Bizarro Super Powers Team - Casting Abyssal Persecutors FTW !

  9. #69
    A Dedicated Storm Player...
    Pelikanudo's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...
    Posts

    556

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Final Ritual View Post
    You're crying about luck playing into you losing a few matches? You do understand when you're playing any Adn deck luck is always going to be a factor when you have no control about what cards are being flipped.

    What Bryant is trying to say is by having the 2nd Adn in the deck you are able to naturally draw into it. Which is always better then having to Infernal tutor >> LED >> Adn.
    At least we agree that it is the worst slot...
    And Why you side out the I.T. as a Strategy instead of the A.N., beacuse of Burning target not extirpate effects? ... youu even side out 1 C.Mox!..it is not better to side out 1 preordain? this is contradictory.

    I can say /guarranty that the next/first slot that is going to be replaced is A.N for the next Good Card that Will occur in infinite expansions...

    This is likely my favourite Deck, in conjuntion with DDFT and variants, Tide and variants. and I DO like risk, b ut I dont like suicide. you can extrapolate this situation to real life and you then can understand this.

    Well any other slot? maybe personal tutor?

  10. #70
    Don't Tell Stacy
    RaNDoMxGeSTuReS's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Sioux City, IA
    Posts

    727

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Please give some answer of which card can be and don't say it must be the second A.N. That was what I asked.
    I simply can't play a deck that sometimes you loose to yourself inevitably, this is contradictory, I admit the fact of doing mulligans, bad draws, but . shit happens?
    well, shit happens and I don't prefer that shit happens.
    Please any other suggestion. That's the worst slot. I hate that slot. please understand me, I didn't make that deck but I have to agree with each of the cards of that deck because of its pure statistics. People that don't understand this deck and see how people that plays GOOD the deck always think its luck. False! good players make possible that luck, you simply draw the cards that you need to win.
    Please any other card for that slot?
    Play a different deck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

  11. #71

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    At least we agree that it is the worst slot...
    And Why you side out the I.T. as a Strategy instead of the A.N., beacuse of Burning target not extirpate effects? ... youu even side out 1 C.Mox!..it is not better to side out 1 preordain? this is contradictory.

    I can say /guarranty that the next/first slot that is going to be replaced is A.N for the next Good Card that Will occur in infinite expansions...

    This is likely my favourite Deck, in conjuntion with DDFT and variants, Tide and variants. and I DO like risk, b ut I dont like suicide. you can extrapolate this situation to real life and you then can understand this.

    Well any other slot? maybe personal tutor?
    Personal Tutor is miserable in just about every situation.

    It's not suicide to run 2 Ad Nauseam. That puts you with 1 5cc and 1 4cc spell maindeck (the rest is 2 and below) which averages out to less than what's in ANT. Sometimes you are going to flop off the flips... it's an inherent risk of the deck, just like in DDFT if you doomsday to low life and they have burn, or in High Tide if you Spiral and brick on your new 7, or in any deck that just sh*ts itself.

    As far as boarding goes? Why would you want to side out your most explosive win condition? For every time I've killed myself with Ad Nauseam there have been quite a few times I have turn 1'd and just murdered my opponent since I had it in my opener.

    But, do as you will, there are no sacred cows in MTG.
    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

  12. #72
    A Dedicated Storm Player...
    Pelikanudo's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...
    Posts

    556

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    @Leego: Thanks, at least you say P.Tutor is bad, any other card? Maybe agree on Preordain? I've been thinking on Gitaxian but it's also Contradictory.

    List Of Cards:
    Snapcaster, repeal, even
    @The rest: any other card?

  13. #73
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2010
    Location

    Japan
    Posts

    369

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    I think what people are trying to convey to you is that Ad Nauseam is the best card in that spot, to the point that it would be foolish to try to replace it. That is why no one is taking your request seriously, because they consider you foolish for worrying about the downside of the second Ad Nauseam.

  14. #74

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Ordinarily I’d not bother, but since this is a new thread, we might as well have this discussion once…

    Since people are trying out Modern and WOTC has said they’re going to be re-printing stuff for modern, what is the best manabase without the original duals?

    Is it rainbow lands and darkslick shores? Darkslick Shores and fetches for basics to make the brainstorms and ponders best?* Or a direct port of the Bryant Cox Manabase with RAV duals?
    *
    I went with:
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Watery Grave
    1 Steam Vent
    4 Gemstone Mine
    2 City of Brass

    Then I changed the MD from 2 AdN to 1 to accommodate a MD IGG, since I figure my life loss will be enough that IGG loops might be my best chance at killing them and not dying to AdN…

    I have access to all the rainbow lands since I played dredge, and have access to all the Ravnica Duals and Zendikar Fetches, and figure many modern* players are in the same boat as far as budget goes.

    I know the correct configuration, but those 3 dual lands cost as much as the rest of the deck put together and are a step too far for someone who gets to play legacy so rarely…
    *
    The very fact flamethrowers exist means that someone, somewhere said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire.... but I'm just not close enough to do it."

  15. #75
    Jack of All Things Trill
    KevinTrudeau's Avatar
    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    Minneapolis
    Posts

    325

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    @Pelikanudo- I would not have made the second day of the Grand Prix if the second Ad Nauseam were something else. Though I haven't ever tested Personal Tutor, I'm intuitively kiboshing the idea of running it, as it seems too clunky; however, I encourage you to try it out and post your findings.

    Also, we can fetch Infernal Tutor with Burning Wish, which is why we board it out when boarding in protection against blue decks.

    @thread- Empty the Warrens seems like it's back to being a pretty got dang good card again, what with Canadian Thresh (not sure why people are calling it RUG Delver) and Maverick getting a lot of exposure. Though board space is pretty tight, would it be possible to fit a second copy of it somewhere in the seventy-five (f'rinstance, in that fourth discard slot)? I'm not necessarily backing the card, but it seems like having the ability to bring one in post-board could potentially be an excellent option in the current general metagame, which really only consists of five archetypes— Ux tempo-based aggro, UWx Stoneforge control, GWx Green Sun's Zenith midrange, LED combo, and Force of Will combo.
    Find enlightenment for just $29.99!

  16. #76

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    I just got home from work to this mess.

    1.) People have pretty much backed up thoughts on the second Ad Nauseam debate. It's foolish to not play it.

    2.) Second Empty the Warrens in the 75 - I don't see this as a good option either. Stifle is still very popular so is Stoneforge Mystic for Batterskull from both Maverick and UW.

  17. #77
    A Dedicated Storm Player...
    Pelikanudo's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...
    Posts

    556

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I just got home from work to this mess.

    1.) People have pretty much backed up thoughts on the second Ad Nauseam debate. It's foolish to not play it.

    2.) Second Empty the Warrens in the 75 - I don't see this as a good option either. Stifle is still very popular so is Stoneforge Mystic for Batterskull from both Maverick and UW.
    Please don't say it's folish because there have been TES versions -Recent TES versions and In This Thread with 1 A.N.
    And again, I'm not debating that slot I'm asking for options for that slot. For me that second A.N. sucks when you kill yourself trying to make The Epic Storm on first turn. This is my personal opinion . Fine. It's ok.
    Please any other options for that slot?

  18. #78
    A Dedicated Storm Player...
    Pelikanudo's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...
    Posts

    556

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    What I am going to debate is the Blodstainer mire slot and the repeated Fetch Slot.

    I played vs an oponent that discovered, because I was playing Bloodstained Mire and another Blue Fetch in play, I was playing TES, and yes it's true there is no other deck in Legacy in which you play Blodstainer and Blue Fetch. That issue took out the surprise factor, issue that for a TES Player is significant among many others.

    Also the repeated slot for that Fetch is not neccesary you'd better playing the 4 blue different Fecthes.

  19. #79
    All the copies target you.
    thefringthing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    Kitchener, Ontario
    Posts

    570

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Please any other options for that slot?
    Darksteel Relic.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo
    Also the repeated slot for that Fetch is not neccesary you'd better playing the 4 blue different Fecthes.
    Bryant's explanation when I asked about it was just that he happens to own 2 Japanese foil Scalding Tarns.

    Mire could be Strand. There's probably something to be said for just running 2x Scalding Tarn and 2x Misty Rainforest to try to maximize the surprise factor.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

  20. #80
    A Dedicated Storm Player...
    Pelikanudo's Avatar
    Join Date

    May 2008
    Location

    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...
    Posts

    556

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    Darksteel Relic..

    If it would be legandary I could play it in order to destroy target Darksteel Relic opponent could control.
    Any other suggestion?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)