Page 426 of 446 FirstFirst ... 326376416422423424425426427428429430436 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,520 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Nov 2017
    San Diego, CA

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Quote Originally Posted by FavoredRevenant View Post

I'm familiar with the math. My question was mostly if that 60% chance of resolving your line is enough to warrant going for it. Are most experienced TES players comfortable with that number?
    Bryant Cook once said something along the lines of if you are dealt 60% odds, you take em. essentailly If you have a straight 60% shot you have to take it

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

to who may interest:

I've been playing lately 4CC just to do something different than playing Storm (I really suppress from playing Storm when playing other diff. decks...). Recently I tryied again Silences CoB and bullshit as from time to time I just like change things in the deck (100% sur with no success) ...
    I remember the 1st configuration of TES post SDT banning and they just had 2 IoK and looked back and noticed how good IoK is in the current meta which by here all seems 4CC and Grixis... just to say I am back on 2 IoK and go back to D.P. instead of D.R. but also from time to time I just play D.R. as I love the card... maybe I try I.C. as a way to interact vs discard in non symetric way... aven't you really noticed how many targets IoK has in this current meta? the unique reason I would prefer to play other card is to have diff. angles of attack - ex.: Xantid or Surgical to interact with the stack...

About the article regaridng I F**** up - reallly read a few lines but I believe it is a good thing to make players aware that likely recognizing their own mistakes is one thing to learn... I as example believe that - when playing TES and loose I just analyze the match ups and see what I could have been wrong and I can say that playing TES it seems that always yourself are the one making mistakes - I mean you are your opponent. Even if you think after the decission you made the correct decision IF the opposite decision made you win the game then IT WAS a bad decission.

One thing I want to express is the following: Sometimes you make a play decision based on game state and odds based on cards the opp. has in hand cards likely to draw, etc. and all the decisions are based on a statistical context - well - I can say there is a small statistical context and a major statistical context and those who contemplate that major statistical context will be the ones that will have the most success with TES. I m not sure If I've been understood with this but the idea is: let's say you have played 5 games vs 4CC and they are likely to have 2 hymns 2 Leovold 4Fow and post board 2 Flusters, If postboard you are going to make a decission based on for example if the opponent invested 1 fluster on that game which is the 3rd game vs this opponent on that day that decission could led to a good conclusion, BUT the difficult matter is to reach that conclussioon based on knowledge on a statistical context of- lets say - 10 games - on that context if it is assumed that if in the 9 previous games post board opponent didnt draw a single fluster vs you until lets say 8th turn. then you'll be luck If your opponent on that 10th game doesn't draw a fluster.

Another example is the following: which is more simple:
    playing vs an unknown opp that plays FoW on OtP you have 60% win if it is the 1st turn. well 60% means moreless 2/3 succcess which is fine. If you have 10 1st followed wins vs FoW deck OtP the question is: should you play the 1st turn win the 10 times? the anwer is: and you all will say: YES. for this scenario - well I can say that I will play the 9 games 1st turn win and the 10th no IF this happens. All I can say is that this part of TES is the reason I play TES and 100% sure the most complicated one.

As said this is just an example scenario of what I meant. I hope I explained well...
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

I went 2-2 in the local event with TES yesterday. Lost to burn and grixis delver, beat burn and enchantress. Writeup here:

https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tes-12917/

I'm still pretty bad/new with the deck, but I do think with the surge in graveyard hate it has a leg up on ANT in the current meta.
    Riding the Spiral

Went 2-12 in a local tournament this weekend. Should have been 3-1-1, as I completely miscounted mana and on top of that completely misplayed the line in the deciding game of the second lost match. I blame going out for a pint with my Scottish colleagues, which turned into a few pints, which turned into 2-pint steins the night before.
    I'm fairly sure I would have eventually won the drawn match as well, but it went to time as it was my first tourney in a long time, and his first tourney, period.

Very educational experience, and I thought finishing 10th out of 19 (and one match-win away from T8) was pretty good considering the hangover and unfamiliarity with the deck.

I used a fairly stock list, except I ran Tendrils main (which won me at least two games) and instead of rending volley (which I don't own) had two deathmarks in the sideboard.

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Hi guys, this is the new Storm (ANT and TES) Discord chat:

https://discord.gg/uDsNmMs

You are all welcome!
    Enjoy!

Bryant Cook

Bryant Cook

http://theepicstorm.com/reading-ropes-introduction/

"Hey everyone!
    My first article in my new series "Reading the Ropes" is now live. The series is aimed at teaching new players the important things that they need to know in order to become a successful Storm pilot.
    Give it a read and provide some feedback!" -AJ

Bryant Cook

Nov 2017
    San Diego, CA

So I play in a very blue-light meta, and am wondering if my sideboard should be green or just straight grixis (also still working on getting a bayou, so I would have to play O. Tomb)

May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by ye_old_storm_boy View Post
    So I play in a very blue-light meta, and am wondering if my sideboard should be green or just straight grixis (also still working on getting a bayou, so I would have to play O. Tomb)
    do not play O. Tomb.
    If there is no C.B. then A.D. is not really needed - I use A.D. as a way to batle both - M.M / Canonist / Chalice and now C.B. in a single card. sometimes I find M.M others Null Rod, etc. A.D. has been always there since its inception I run more or less depending on C.B. number.
    If there is no C.B. you can just run E.T. / CoV / Abrade / Rending Volley to combat M.M / Canonist / Chalice.
    My preference have been always E.T. > CoV > rest of cards as these are just the most polivalents - have in mind the TES side is quite reduced and you need to run themost polivalent cards unless there is too much hate coming from specific cards in your meta.
    Hope this helps.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Nov 2017
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    do not play O. Tomb.
    If there is no C.B. then A.D. is not really needed - I use A.D. as a way to batle both - M.M / Canonist / Chalice and now C.B. in a single card. sometimes I find M.M others Null Rod, etc. A.D. has been always there since its inception I run more or less depending on C.B. number.
    If there is no C.B. you can just run E.T. / CoV / Abrade / Rending Volley to combat M.M / Canonist / Chalice.
    My preference have been always E.T. > CoV > rest of cards as these are just the most polivalents - have in mind the TES side is quite reduced and you need to run themost polivalent cards unless there is too much hate coming from specific cards in your meta.
    Hope this helps.
    Yes it helps a ton. I havent been able to get a straight answer about whether or not green is better in blue matchups.

Hey guys, with the return of green to TES, I had some thoughts about which green land to play!:

http://theepicstorm.com/bayou-vs-taiga/

Bryant Cook

seems a bit far fetched due to the high cmc, but may it be possible to get something like a variant of TES rolling without red and an even more stable mana base?

Quote Originally Posted by zangoasyl View Post

seems a bit far fetched due to the high cmc, but may it be possible to get something like a variant of TES rolling without red and an even more stable mana base?
    Grim Tutor or Deathwish would be a better bet, the mana is a prohibitive restraint as it would need to be at most BBB to work at all.

May 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Grim Tutor or Deathwish would be a better bet, the mana is a prohibitive restraint as it would need to be at most BBB to work at all.
    agree if it would be -1mana...
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Bryant Cook

JPA fresh off his GP Finals finish at Santa Clara sits down to chat with our boy Jasper. Read it or don't, whatever. http://theepicstorm.com/through-the-...ll-with-jpa93/

Bryant Cook

Another episode of the series TheEpicStorm.com: TES MATCHUP BATTLES! is up and this time we face Aluren!
    http://theepicstorm.com/tes-matchup-battles-aluren/

Let me know your thoughts and opinions. Thank you.

Alex Poling

Thread Information