Page 435 of 446 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445 ... LastLast
Results 8,681 to 8,700 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

With the banning of DRS people have been trying out goblins again! Time to evaluate this matchup -

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-matchup-battles-goblins/

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Latest of Bryant's leagues was pretty spectacular. Highlights include mainboard sideboard cards and an opponent who whinged Bryant out for netdecking.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    an opponent who whinged Bryant out for netdecking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    I remember reading about that very thing a couple of years back.

Still weird. Not that everyone is expected to keep track of this forum or the TES site, but TES isn't even close to DtB. If someone wanted to netdeck, they would pick a stronger performer, so accusing someone who's on a less popular version of Storm of netdecking is just dumb.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    I remember reading about that very thing a couple of years back.

Still weird. Not that everyone is expected to keep track of this forum or the TES site, but TES isn't even close to DtB. If someone wanted to netdeck, they would pick a stronger performer, so accusing someone who's on a less popular version of Storm of netdecking is just dumb.
    It was some rogue playing Grixis Underworld Dreams, it seems. So the criterion was probably more "your deck is good and it wins against shitpiles" than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    It was some rogue playing Grixis Underworld Dreams, it seems. So the criterion was probably more "your deck is good and it wins against shitpiles" than anything.
    Underworld Dreams, wow. I remember when people were afraid of that card. That was before we were afraid of the millennium bug.

New Through the Looking Glass! This month we covered the Grixis Control matchup with platinum pro Brian Braun-Duin. Enjoy!

http://theepicstorm.com/through-the-...an-braun-duin/

Hello Everyone!

My new article at TheEpicStorm.com is officially live! This month, I talk about my love for Burning Wish, by doing a deep dive! Check it out, and let me know what you think!

https://theepicstorm.com/a-deep-dive-into-burning-wish/

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

again, just saw a litle 1st game. but why the hell you did not play RoF > BW > ToA and keep it in hand after 2 DR countered? or even PiF!!

I think you should say: I am sorry but I played bad.

sure my case would have been DU! joke.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Hey everyone!

This month's Infernal Tutoring, featuring Caleb Scherer is up! Come check it out, including a situation that I overthought into oblivion!

http://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-22/

Bryant Cook

Hey everyone! It's getting close to the end of the year so I thought I'd take a look at where this year has gone for the EPIC storm, Legacy and myself!

theepicstorm.com/reflections-of-2018

Hey, guys. Recorded a Legacy League with The EPIC Storm on Magic: The Gathering Online. Check it out, thanks!

http://theepicstorm.com/legacy-leagu...9YjJLo4FX31WR4

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring special guest Kazu Negri (FLAMETONGUEKAZU)! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-23/

Hey Guys!
    In the SB guide on www.theepicstorm.com (which is GREAT btw) Goblins seems to be treated as a hatebear deck which I’m sure exist. The guide advises for bounce and a tendrils empty swap.
    Our local Goblin hero, however, plays a black splash, (which i believe is superior btw) givning him access Discard and the almighty Earwig squad. Since he has a powerful etb effect boucing him is the last i want to do.
    How would you guys board here? I opted to board nothing so that opponent couldn’t exile tendrils and i rather kept duress to nab Thoughtseize surgical and the possible mindbreak traps.
    Thanks!

My second video for theepicstorm.com is up, check it out and don't forget to subscribe to the YouTube channel!

http://theepicstorm.com/legacy-leagu...iHOOmEGS4p5cug

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

@wonderPreaux, F.Fortune and who wants to join:

I've had bad experiences my last 2 torunamnets with TES sadly...
    I really don't spend much time lately playing MTG...

I think the main issue I am facing is the absent of GP. I mean, at its simplest:

Now I really don't know if it is good to fire a discard or ponder or just wait... or even landing a land if it is my unique one in hand!
    there are a lot of casuistics that I just can't handle well enough. I mean I can play duress off a land and then wastelanded - loose or I can just do not play duress and loose equally because of cahlice next turn, the same applyes to cantrips, etc.

So I think I definitaly need to change my mana base to one with fetches and swamp.
    Also I've been hating quite a lot playing 4 CM, 3 has always been a number I've been happy with. Ialso see that sometimes 8 discard are too many, however I miss a lot the CT power... Ideally I would love toplay 7 discard and 3CT 4 TS. and really don't know how it will perform, but vs control decks CT is just better, not vs Combo/chalice.

Having in mind this list: http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=29163&iddeck=242436 which seems to be the staple - mine is the same but the manabase. and -1 EtW +1 duress.
    I've been thinking in:
    -1 CM +1 CR
    -1 Duress + 1 preordain
    -3 Duress +3 CT - dont know on this... but 3 CT stay in my side no mater what.

I really think that 1 CR instead of CM is fine now I play 8 fetches, 1 preordain I think is fine also instead of 8th discard - it could be EtW as 10th threat but having so much fetches and CR and 1 less CM seems like the proper replace. maybe 2nd EtW is the right call... + 4 CM.

and the manabase exact as you wPreaux!
    related to your manabase, I'd like you to ask:
    which is the need to play 2 swamps? why do you prefer it to 2nd USea or 9th fetch? - this was going to be my fetch manabase same but -2nd swamp +2nd USea.
    However I think I would like 10 outs to a swamp 1st turn.
    I think I could play Island, but it makes sense in a more cantrip focused build like 2 preordain and 2 CR, and apart of that - well you know my feelings on island.

which are your opinions on this?
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Thread Information