Page 439 of 446 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Nah, D7 isn't for the Island match up unless it's your only option. Hard casting this thing is also better than Time Twister, the flashback is sitting in the graveyard for any LED draw to let you D7 again (Amazing for BMing with Grape Shot).
    you know I always try to find excuses to play Orims Silence....
    I really would like this to be used also for island MU
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    you know I always try to find excuses to play Orims Silence....
    I really would like this to be used also for island MU
    Gold Lands are bad, three colour deck is good.

In all seriousness the deck can still cast a D7 vs Island.dec in order to reset and build up a manabase if it's too late to Empty the Warrens. If you want to play it more vs Island.dec, then I think you can SB in Hope of Ghirapur.

Bryant Cook

I had a lot of thoughts about Echo the Eons, so I wrote an article: https://theepicstorm.com/card-review-echo-the-eons/

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I had a lot of thoughts about Echo the Eons, so I wrote an article: https://theepicstorm.com/card-review-echo-the-eons/
    I had more or less the same thoughts, I don't think Faithless Looting is needed at all tho' because you're probably never going to cast Echo of Eons by hand anyway. I doubt cons 2 and 5 are relevant, it's a "3cc" card that exiles itself so how much it costs to hard cast isn't important and the 6cc won't burn you on a Ad Nauseam flip. Echo of Eons just makes Burning Wish a better gold fish, I'll take the added % vs D&T and its ilk.

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring special guest Max Gilmore (@MXGOnline):! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-29/

It's possible that I went too deep with this one!

https://theepicstorm.com/surviving-the-karnpocalypse/

May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Vivarus View Post
    It's possible that I went too deep with this one!

https://theepicstorm.com/surviving-the-karnpocalypse/

All I can say is:
    a) to be quick - 2nd AN in the flex spot has been amazing for me, I took ideas from MMastery and now is making even the deck faster because of 2nd AN. Main, I am liking MMaster a lot.!
    b) I am changing from 3 duress to 3 CTherapy main - it may sounbd strange but the unique match up you'll see you'll be more clnky is vs chalice decks, that is not a suggestion, that is my personal preference as I love Therapy, I always play it wheter in side or nmain, the idea about this is to hit several FoWs and after Narset, if you played some cantrips before, it iw better than duress. as said, sure if chalicedecks are everiwehre then duress is just better, I'll leave also some xantids or _Hope in my side as it is pretty tight as before I played 3 CTherpay in my side, now I'll leave 1 and 2 xantids...

What I will not do is to change any in my base because of karn or narset.
    narset is good when played in 4th turn with fluster backup and 2 fows (1 took from narset)
    karn is good if 4th chalice is in their side, but not likely. I can anticipate anyway and play B.W. > Pulverize as soon as i can.

EDIT: F.Fortune, well, you know, I have to disagree on this. I still can not determine if gold lands are bad.
    EDIT 2: F.Fortune, why you say that with EE you have GY dependancy? I am having some ideas about a deck around this...

just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Pelikanudo; 06-03-2019 at 01:35 PM.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Bryant Cook

So Scheming Symmetry is a sorcery speed mirrored Vampiric Tutor, seems like a way to abuse cantrip and LED interactions that could be useful in the SB for Burning Wish if not in the MD.

May 2008

So Scheming Symmetry is a sorcery speed mirrored Vampiric Tutor, seems like a way to abuse cantrip and LED interactions that could be useful in the SB for Burning Wish if not in the MD.
    Ha ha ha that is my moment.
    Time To Go Back to Orims/Silence definately!

long time ago that so many storm cards in a so brief period were released....

I really see the list clearly...
    EDIT: Come on... was reading the spoiler and what about Veil of Summer...

EDIT 2: Again, I find EoE a very good card and also Scheming Symmetry, BUT ths new card - Veil of Summer - made me felt in a different way... Maybe I have understood badly this card... at its simplest It seems for me:

- 2x1 card by G mana vs Duress, Hymn, Therapy and all the discard in the world.
    - 2x1 card by G mana vs Stifle!
    - 2x1 card by G vs Sinkhole, Trophy, AD - well less important.
    - cantrip if useless in opp. turn if casted blue or black spell
    - Essentially Orims by G mana.

I really would like to play 4 in my TES deck of this card... which are your opinions on this card?

as said maybe I miss something... don't know... @F.Fortune this is better than your desired Orims in Red.!
    Last edited by Pelikanudo; 06-20-2019 at 07:01 AM.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Ha ha ha that is my moment.
    Time To Go Back to Orims/Silence definately!

long time ago that so many storm cards in a so brief period were released....

I really see the list clearly...
    EDIT: Come on... was reading the spoiler and what about Veil of Summer...

EDIT 2: Again, I find EoE a very good card and also Scheming Symmetry, BUT ths new card - Veil of Summer - made me felt in a different way... Maybe I have understood badly this card... at its simplest It seems for me:

- 2x1 card by G mana vs Duress, Hymn, Therapy and all the discard in the world.
    - 2x1 card by G mana vs Stifle!
    - 2x1 card by G vs Sinkhole, Trophy, AD - well less important.
    - cantrip if useless in opp. turn if casted blue or black spell
    - Essentially Orims by G mana.

I really would like to play 4 in my TES deck of this card... which are your opinions on this card?

as said maybe I miss something... don't know... @F.Fortune this is better than your desired Orims in Red.!

Summer's Veil is format defining, I don't think it's worth adding G to the manabase for TES but that is the best protection a Belcher or Oops, All Spells deck could get. The card is hilarious vs Storm as well, cast Summer's Veil in response to Tendrils of Agony, counter their kill condition and draw a new hand … yeah … I think between Scheming Symmetry and Summer's Veil there has to be a B/G combo deck out there.
    I

May 2008

Summer's Veil is format defining, I don't think it's worth adding G to the manabase for TES but that is the best protection a Belcher or Oops, All Spells deck could get. The card is hilarious vs Storm as well, cast Summer's Veil in response to Tendrils of Agony, counter their kill condition and draw a new hand … yeah … I think between Scheming Symmetry and Summer's Veil there has to be a B/G combo deck out there.
    I
    well you think it does not worth. I think backwards - the card is just the nuts. long time ago I didn't see a card with so much potential in TES...

this will be my first approach (I am so happy about that...):

4 Gemstone Mine
    3 Scalding Tarn
    3 City of Brass
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Volcanic Island

4 Dark Ritual
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Lion’s Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Infernal Tutor
    4 Silence (maybe 3 and 14th land - not sure on this...)
    4 Veil of Summer
    1 Scheming Symmetry
    1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Empty the Warrens

1 EoA
    1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Grapeshot
    1 C.T / Duress
    1 D.P

please, be good to me.

Lem? are you by here? I miss you... now time to discuss! come to here and be a man AntiGemstomes guy!
    Any other who want to join to the discussion is well come.

Apart, I am seriously thinking in joining to the MTGO as MWStation is more often than not down.... but I don't like the money investment and therefore the competitiviness it involves for my opponents...
    Everybody seems to play on MTGO right and not in MWstation, right?
    you F.Fortune were not on MTGO right? I think the only ones are Mr. Bryant, wPreaux and that guy that looses because of having Island in main - dont remember his name... (sure and others).

Maybe it is time the raise of a New Online TESStormer... - I think I am getting old....

EDIT:I've been goldfishing with Scheming Symmetry and as I suspected didn't like the card too much... the thing is that you need a cantrip and ussualy the cantrips are used as setup, the goldsishing icnluded several hands with SS in it and always I've preferred 2nd AN as example, not sure if the card even deserves a slot in the Side... maybe in a shell with much more cantrips like ANT is good but not with only 8 cantrips...
    any opinion on this?
    Last edited by Pelikanudo; 06-23-2019 at 06:57 AM.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

This month's "Infernal Tutoring" article is now live, featuring special guest Brian Gallagher (Chhaam):! Check it out, and let me know what plays you would have made in our three latest scenarios.

https://theepicstorm.com/tes-infernal-tutoring-30/

[Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

I am merely a hobby stormer but i like Veil quite a lot. It’s great that it both has a reactive and a proactive mode. I like that it can reactively beat flusterstorm if you for example play AdN or empty from your hand. It’s great FOW bait if you play it in the dark and it enables safe Eons lines.
    However i like TES more with the stable grixis manabase and i dont like that veil can’t be cast off a ritual.
    I ultimately think it might be better in the slower, already green, cousine.

Bryant Cook

I was fortunate enough to win the Legacy Challenge today! You can check out all of my matches right here!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jbI...zu8I5x_oA8syUf

Congrats! Looking forward to watching the vids to see how the 3 Mox Opal/2 Defense Grid maindeck treated you.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Haven't really watched your videos before. Really nice to hear someone who doesn't talk with uptalk or vocal fry. Fun to watch.
    -rob

Thread Information