Page 446 of 446 FirstFirst ... 346396436442443444445446
Results 8,901 to 8,918 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

I was playing TW during the Lurrus era. I think it’s a good compromise if you want to play 1-2 of that effect, avd then the chaining problem isn’t really a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    the bad thing about TW is that you cannot chain into TW as aopp to RoF.
    I tried several things in the form of GMonolith, the problem was it costed me 1 game because of its CMC - tried also to max out Opals and taking out Tendrils, and in the end I felt RoF seemed less worse. but I liked GMonolith it was super powerfull, maybe I should invest more time in that approach...
    happy new year to all!
    Monolith builds are the best I've played, their mana base and middle game are rock solid.

Bryant Cook

Alex McKinley (@vivarus_) reviews his MOCs Legacy Qualifier TOP 8 FINISH!!! With main deck Carpet of Flowers AND no Rite of Flames.

This is a video you won't want to miss!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Pu...l=TheEPICStorm

A Dedicated Storm Player...
    May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Monolith builds are the best I've played, their mana base and middle game are rock solid.
    Hi,
    can you provide me your current 75 - I wanna brew something new - I've been tinkering with GMonliths and they have their pros and cons - no much time to spend on MTG...

I'm more likely inclined to a 4veil/3TSeize disruption, but 7discard is something I don't discard - the thing I am more worried about is opp. Veils, how do you handle this? I in theory do not see a way to overlap this...
    let me know a quick howtoside vs 3shold, urzas, 4colorcontrol, miracles
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build
    Yes, I am advanced and you know it...

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Hi,
    can you provide me your current 75 - I wanna brew something new - I've been tinkering with GMonliths and they have their pros and cons - no much time to spend on MTG...

I'm more likely inclined to a 4veil/3TSeize disruption, but 7discard is something I don't discard - the thing I am more worried about is opp. Veils, how do you handle this? I in theory do not see a way to overlap this...
    let me know a quick howtoside vs 3shold, urzas, 4colorcontrol, miracles
    Same list as before, I change the numbers here and there but it never makes a real difference. The Veil deck has better disruption, so you have to take the time to discard it or force them to cycle. They probably have the edge, but I don't worry about combo mirrors so much as beating counter spells. I mean people are running MD carpets fwiw, so the whole building up a manabase thing has merrit.

SB is really up to you, I am a bit out of the loop these days with a new baby in the house.

May 2008
    Universe > Laniakea > Virgo Supercluster > Milky Way Galaxy > Solar System > Earth By the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fortune View Post
    Same list as before, I change the numbers here and there but it never makes a real difference. The Veil deck has better disruption, so you have to take the time to discard it or force them to cycle. They probably have the edge, but I don't worry about combo mirrors so much as beating counter spells. I mean people are running MD carpets fwiw, so the whole building up a manabase thing has merrit.

SB is really up to you, I am a bit out of the loop these days with a new baby in the house.
    I wish you all my best FFortune!

yesterday played a local and went fine - standar list with veil/Echo, only added 2 truths instead of CoV for thse cjalices/karns, it worked really well...
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

Suggestion: Play Magic as a Hobby. Competitiveness is uniquely usefull in this Era and just to evolve the human being to a certain extent...

May 2008

Hi TES stormers!

the other day I tried a build consisting in -4RoF = +4th Opal, 3 Tinder Wall! and really don't know how much relevant they were but it was successfull!, I believe it is more because of 4th Opal than other thing, I really believe there is a strong tension between 4th Opal and 4th RoF, and finally determined it was going to be 4th Opal. really love the fast deployemnt opal offers and want to have it in my initial 7.

Another good change I've been stablished in the side is: Old friend Vexing Shuser!!!:
    - lately some Counterbalance decks I've been facing and VS with all the fast mana deployment + Carpet of Flowers has been an all star vs all those DD, CB and excess of counters in the form of fow, fon, fluster.
    - also is a decent answer against chalices.
    - can be played proactively and pass turn to save mana or the same combo turn,
    - the goal is to cast a veil under vexing and things should go much easier from that.

another thing I've been doing is to cast wishclash and activate it ASAP, having in mind possible answers - the curious thing is that most of the times opponent is reulctant to activate it in the next turn, so you save mana or will have another answer, the more I play WT the more I like the card... some scenarios involved hate permant cards and just activating WT into decay, next opp activates into another hate, and next activate for 2nd decay is just a good chess move!

have all a nice day!
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

I asked them about tinderwall in the past. Vivarius seems to think the difficulty in chaining them and holding up veil is not worth it.

One alternative I had was jeweled amulet. It helps opal a lot, and is an additional green and black IMS.

May 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    I asked them about tinderwall in the past. Vivarius seems to think the difficulty in chaining them and holding up veil is not worth it.

One alternative I had was jeweled amulet. It helps opal a lot, and is an additional green and black IMS.
    in deed, I' ve not played too many games to reach that conclusion, this was my main conecrn however, when playing I think it was irrelevant to play TW or RoF during the matches.

the thing is: If I am going to play 4 TW/RoF, sure I'd play 4 RoF, but along the time I am just preferring to go with 4 opals, then 3RoF/TW, sure If I have to play 2 TW the same turn and protect with Veil I need 3 G IMS, and that would be a problem, but don't think that scenario will happen too much.

Some Pros I've found:
    - potentially can be a +RR if unchecked
    - it is potentially Instant Speed
    - can be used to avoid life loss
    - can be used proactively to be played vs hatebears in 2nd/3rd games as Swords will go out and then will save mana
    - TW somehow seems to be more casteable than RoF with manabase current - that is a feeling.

I've been trying als some GrimMnolith builds and they are fine, but still have issues with lifeloss and taking out Tendrils/Echo doesn't seem to me a good move.
    anyway, Vexing Shusher seems to me good right now, will experiment more with this...

Another thing I've been doing is vs control just side out all CM, with all those FoW/FoN + flusters , doesn't seem viable to try to win quick with CM... just want to avoid CDisadvantage as much as poss.

EDIT: no, jeweled amulet does nt worth even evaluation. GrimMon is the GoTo if goal is to max out on artifacts - once considered on SnowSwamp + Astrolabe, but same.
    Last edited by Pelikanudo; 02-14-2021 at 08:53 AM.
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

May 2008

Hi all!

definately Vexing Susher will remain in my side,
    likely it is the best card you can draw vs for example Miracles. all you need to do is: Susher + Veil of summer, the other day 8 spells on the stack occurred during Vexing susher deployment and finally Susher prevailed! it was in deed a great matchup! I needed to pass the turn anyway with among other things 1 swords on the stack and opp having 2 WT in his power, he decided to pick up balance + surgical to my Decay, but on my next turn I picked - you guess: 2nd Susher + veil and won.

Also, realted to TW, a case scenario that occurred to me was: 5 turns avoiding damage from Hullbreacher!

by te moment I'm happy with the 75, and preferred Echoing truth over CoV just because everybody seems to play Chalice at 1. I still am figuring out how to deal with those Urzas hell decks... which seems to me the worst match up out of there...

keep storming bros!
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

May 2008

hi guys,
    I just read the card Galvanic relay, and saw whoa, a cheaper minds desire and on RoF colors, not possible, a fake, likely redisign of TES completly or await banning?,
    next I was told to re-read the card and thought, well read is tech.

but next I was thinking in scenarios about the card and just concluded it was going to be in side no matter what I'll expose:
    - lately I've been playing like 3 Tnder Wall 4 opals, 3 CMoxen and fine
    - I consider the card more for a MidToLate game changer OR as a PlanB against an expected daze/s pierces or not counters BW scenarios, soemtimes they counter, but sometimes not - so it can somehow be considered right now as a must counter incase you expect or plays as BW to be countered, but it doesnt - and not pick up let say a Tseize - It can really acts as a TSeize now
    - it is just 3 silly mana 2R..., I am just thinking in going back to RoF or even to Baubles (3maybe is the number) as the idea behind is to just NOT invenst resources at mid game so that you just generate storm + dont invest resources like: Opal, Baulbe, LED, BS, THIS, (sure sacrifice bauble for next happy turn!) just providing the next turn a reaaaally smoother win... -->really dont want to invest a LED when playing this, thats the general idea behind!
    - It reads storm and it is asymetrical, as opposite to Echo, if you past the turn, you dont make the opp to refill his/her hand but you do!, mayb I am too optmistic, but if invested near 8 spells or 9 and you dont reach 10NoTendrils , containing number from invested spells/resources from opp. it is just the nuts... (NOTE same mana as Echo+dont need to iscard+asymetrical)
    - it will be a great play to justjam BW for this, liley opp doesnt counter and you just dont have any other prot spell, but doesnt matter and will be much more devastating than a perfectly-counterable PITI..
    -I have to say in my last 5To6 tournaments didnt use EtW and last one I just took out from side - nonsense? maybe, but I just dont find the need of EtW right now, Echo is safer and sometimes quicker, and seems that everboyd is well packed vs EtW or just other ways are jut better and safer.
    - it really makes the deck to play in a different way, from now on you need to evaluate more if to land stuff or not

onions?
    My Parfait Build
    My Psychatog Build

I've been thinking about getting back into Legacy, and TES seems interesting. Is the deck well-positioned?

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by Patrunkenphat7 View Post
    I've been thinking about getting back into Legacy, and TES seems interesting. Is the deck well-positioned?
    The London mulligan's fucked everything into the ground. Play All Spells.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

The deck is a bit difficult but it is great. Bryant and Vivarus are in the top8 almost every weekend. Chant gives them game against other combo decks and veil + galvanic relay makes it great postboard vs blue.

You will get way more info on their website though. the deck gets to play 4 “black lotus”, “time twister”, 6 Mox, and now 4 “minds desire”.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeplcheep View Post
    The deck is a bit difficult but it is great. Bryant and Vivarus are in the top8 almost every weekend. Chant gives them game against other combo decks and veil + galvanic relay makes it great postboard vs blue.

You will get way more info on their website though. the deck gets to play 4 “black lotus”, “time twister”, 6 Mox, and now 4 “minds desire”.
    Thanks for the helpful info!

Managed to make it back stateside in order to get some kitchen table top and local legacy in, went back to a more traditional URB list.

1 Ad Nauseam
    1 Echo of Eons
    1 Empty the Warrnes
    4 Infernal Tutor
    4 Burning Wish
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Duress
    2 Cabal Therapy
    4 Dark Ritual
    4 Rite of Flame
    4 Black Lotus
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Chrome Mox
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    1 Badlands

1 Tendrils of Agony
    1 Grape Shot
    1 Empty the Warrens
    1 Peer Through Depths
    1 Echo of Eons
    4 Galvanic Relay
    1 Massacre
    1 Pulverize
    4 Chain of Vapor

I went for maximum redundancy and efficiency, the plan with the manabase is to bluff Force of Will and Daze and tank Wastelands. I don't think a 4 color deck is worth Veil of Summer and Autumn's Veil, and just prefer to streamline down to 3 colors and discard. The deck has held up well for me, is faster and I would encourage other people to try it.

Edit: Gave the discard a little more punching power vs SBed counters.
    Last edited by Final Fortune; 05-12-2022 at 10:33 AM.

Does anyone have a good list with City of Brass? I'd like to dust off my Arabian Nights set if possible, but I'm not sure if the Cities are viable anymore.

Does anyone have a good list with City of Brass? I'd like to dust off my Arabian Nights set if possible, but I'm not sure if the Cities are viable anymore.
    Some number of City of Brass and Fetchlands are interchangeable for a deck supporting green, it increases over all mana stability at the cost of losing shuffling effects for Braintstorm - pick our poison carefully

Thread Information