Page 5 of 435 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 8694

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

  1. #81
    itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Julian23's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2007
    Location

    Munich / Germany
    Posts

    3,184

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Please don't say it's folish because there have been TES versions -Recent TES versions and In This Thread with 1 A.N.
    And again, I'm not debating that slot I'm asking for options for that slot. For me that second A.N. sucks when you kill yourself trying to make The Epic Storm on first turn. This is my personal opinion . Fine. It's ok.
    Please any other options for that slot?
    Without being a regular TES player let me state that you shouldn't be talking "personal opinions" here. Especially when your opinion is "it sucks to be killed".

    What are the odds of killing 1st turn when running 1 AdN?
    What are the odds of killing 1st turn when running 2 AdN?

    When the chance of the latter is greater, it doesn't matter that it sucks to be killed by revealing the 2nd Ad Nauseam. Overall, you will win more.

    With that aside, if you're really that interested in 1st turn kills, you might wanna look into Spanish Inqusition.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

  2. #82
    Member
    Oiolosse's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2010
    Location

    Houston,texas
    Posts

    396

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Hmm..Ad Nauseam comes to mind?

    double ritual into AdN during their turn is too much fun. That's why you wanna run two.
    Last edited by Oiolosse; 03-22-2012 at 01:02 AM.

  3. #83
    Member

    Join Date

    Aug 2010
    Location

    Seattle, WA
    Posts

    167

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Please do not feed the trolls.

  4. #84

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Nothing is better than the second ad nauseam, unless they print a better storm engine (VERY unlikely, ad nauseam was the best storm engine printed since mind's desire when it was released.) Empty the warrens on the draw is awful against all the stoneforge decks in the format and stifle. And I don't like having it in my opener and being unable to play it, because empty the warrens gets worse every turn that passes while a turn 2 ad nauseam is still the nuts unless you're facing burn, are on the draw, and they have triple bolt + 2 mountains + fireblast to make ad nauseam look awful. But you can still ad nauseam from 7 life and win, it actually happened to me when I was playing mystical tutor ANT back in the day where I was at something like 8 life, ad nauseam'd, and won. But really, this deck is built to ABUSE ad nauseam, hence the 4 chrome, 4 petal's, 4 LED's, and 8 other ritual effects. If a turn 1 ad nauseam doesn't get there, you got quite unlucky. If it happens twice in a tournament, you are maybe the most unlucky person ever since, again, this deck abuses ad nauseam better then any deck in legacy at the moment.
    Bread Connoisseur on MTGSalvation Forums
    Currently Playing:
    All flavors of storm combo
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacrix
    Lands is a joke for Solidarity. Its like asking a morbidly obese parapalegic to run the mile with his shoes tied.

  5. #85
    Member

    Join Date

    Feb 2006
    Location

    Sweden
    Posts

    14

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    If it would be legandary I could play it in order to destroy target Darksteel Relic opponent could control.
    Any other suggestion?
    Add Doomsday and Meditate...

    The thing is Ad Nauseam is the best card in that slot, the other cards that have been used are either Past In Flames or Empty the Warrens, everything else is just worse. Can we please stop this trolling now?

  6. #86

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    Please any other options for that slot?
    I run Ill-Gotten Gains in that slot, because I also am running Cabal Rituals instead of the Chrome Moxes for budget reasons (or rather, because I was in a hurry to complete this deck before a tournament a while ago, didn't have the money back then and later I've been too lazy to get the Moxes).

    However, the second Ad Nauseam is definitely the best option.

  7. #87
    Don't Tell Stacy
    RaNDoMxGeSTuReS's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jul 2010
    Location

    Sioux City, IA
    Posts

    727

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Bloodstained Mire makes opponents put you on Goblins.

    I'm OK with this.

    Seriously, all of this has been answered in previous threads. Do some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

  8. #88
    Member
    Darkness's Avatar
    Join Date

    Oct 2010
    Location

    Bergen County - NJ
    Posts

    348

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelikanudo View Post
    @Bryant:
    Question:
    I've lost one game because of showing A.N. at 19 life playing 2 A.N. in main. That tournament I started 5-0 rounds, althoutgh I won also this march up. So statistics are always the key.
    Next I tryed PiF instead of the second A.N. I won some more match ups but almost always I preferred the Other .A.N.
    I've also been testing other options like more chants or T.Seize but nothing worked except Inquisitions, Also debating the space of the Duress in side, but again no, so I have to agree with B.Cook again in everithing.
    I need any explanation why to play 1 other card like preordain or I don't know instead of the space of the second A.N. because of statistics. and mosts of times ths side strategy involves taking out at least 1 threat that can be prefectly the second A.N or the Card I don't know yet but I need to subtitute for the second A.N.
    Please give some answer of which card can be and don't say it must be the second A.N.
    This space is Preordain, but please any other suggestion?
    Thanks
    If you do not love 2 AN in the MD go play ANT and trolololol over there. You want to maximize the chance of getting AN in your early turns. I've been playing TES for about 8 months, in which it originally had the 4 chant effect MD and split of 1 AN 1 EtW MD. Since these switches I've fallen in love with the deck even more. Honestly when testing the 5 loss of life rarely happens and as stated before, you are playing one of the highest risk and reward decks in the format. There are few T1 kill decks in the current meta and even fewer with the correct protection.

  9. #89

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Ritual View Post
    Nothing is better than the second ad nauseam, unless they print a better storm engine (VERY unlikely, ad nauseam was the best storm engine printed since mind's desire when it was released.) Empty the warrens on the draw is awful against all the stoneforge decks in the format and stifle. And I don't like having it in my opener and being unable to play it, because empty the warrens gets worse every turn that passes while a turn 2 ad nauseam is still the nuts unless you're facing burn, are on the draw, and they have triple bolt + 2 mountains + fireblast to make ad nauseam look awful. But you can still ad nauseam from 7 life and win, it actually happened to me when I was playing mystical tutor ANT back in the day where I was at something like 8 life, ad nauseam'd, and won. But really, this deck is built to ABUSE ad nauseam, hence the 4 chrome, 4 petal's, 4 LED's, and 8 other ritual effects. If a turn 1 ad nauseam doesn't get there, you got quite unlucky. If it happens twice in a tournament, you are maybe the most unlucky person ever since, again, this deck abuses ad nauseam better then any deck in legacy at the moment.
    This is interesting, which lead me to think about this question:
    Why isn't cunning wish played with ad nauseam?

    It hurts the comboing turn, but it helps with setting up..

    Edit: never mind, ad nauseam would hurt...how about cunning wish in the second ad nauseam slot?

  10. #90

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    This is interesting, which lead me to think about this question:
    Why isn't cunning wish played with ad nauseam?

    It hurts the comboing turn, but it helps with setting up..

    Edit: never mind, ad nauseam would hurt...how about cunning wish in the second ad nauseam slot?
    Targets for cunning wish? Ad nauseam (for that board that AN maindeck)?? No, AN is always better in that slot,

  11. #91

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    This is interesting, which lead me to think about this question:
    Why isn't cunning wish played with ad nauseam?

    It hurts the comboing turn, but it helps with setting up..

    Edit: never mind, ad nauseam would hurt...how about cunning wish in the second ad nauseam slot?
    Same bad ideas in every new thread.

  12. #92

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Same bad ideas in every new thread.
    Why don't we run Angels Grace or Phyrexian Unlife? You can draw your whole library!


    Back on track though, I played some post SB games vs. Maverick last night, Inquisition was good pretty much every time I cast it. Infest was fine the couple of times it came up although one game I lost where a ruin would have won it. On the same note I won at least one game because infest armageddoned him... so, I guess I'm sold on infest.
    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

  13. #93
    Member
    Shimi's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2009
    Location

    Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Posts

    179

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by leegoo View Post
    Why don't we run Angels Grace or Phyrexian Unlife? You can draw your whole library!

    You can go Adn -> ToA for 18 -> PiF -> Adn -> PiF , you draw all your deck and play it twice. And without bad cards.

    @leegoo: In your testing did Infest was better than Virtue's Ruin? Killing Nobles was really relevant over killing KotR and equiped bears.Thx.
    Super Bizarros Team.
    HUEHUEHUE BRBRBR. VIVA DILMA!!! EM NOME DE JESUS CRISTO!

  14. #94
    All the copies target you.
    thefringthing's Avatar
    Join Date

    Apr 2011
    Location

    Kitchener, Ontario
    Posts

    570

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by leegoo View Post
    I played some post SB games vs. Maverick last night, Inquisition was good pretty much every time I cast it.
    That's good to hear.
    Quote Originally Posted by leegoo View Post
    Infest was fine the couple of times it came up although one game I lost where a ruin would have won it. On the same note I won at least one game because infest armageddoned him... so, I guess I'm sold on infest.
    Were there any situations where Pyroclasm would have been better?
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

  15. #95

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    I found out this week that infest is better in the mirror at least, round one I got turn oned for 12 tokens. On my turn Mine, petal, wish for infest (hope to draw ritual). Turn two ponder, city of brass, dark ritual, infest.

    Waited a few turns, opponent casts Ad Nauseam none floating, goes to 1 life, only found one lotus petal, I responded to it with silence, and he conceded.

  16. #96

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimi View Post
    @leegoo: In your testing did Infest was better than Virtue's Ruin? Killing Nobles was really relevant over killing KotR and equiped bears.Thx.
    Killing Nobles, Dryad Arbors, and Sylvan Safekeeper were relevant in my testing.

    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    Were there any situations where Pyroclasm would have been better?
    When I play against Maverick opponents they've been mulling to hands with Mom/Bear or Mom/Zenith. Infest has been great for me.

    Ah, someone else mentions how infest was good for them and none of you don't attack them? I see how it is. But meanwhile, I had to defend myself for two weeks. Instead of resisting my changes, maybe you guys should just embrace them.

    Quote Originally Posted by dillonkbase View Post
    I found out this week that infest is better in the mirror at least, round one I got turn oned for 12 tokens. On my turn Mine, petal, wish for infest (hope to draw ritual). Turn two ponder, city of brass, dark ritual, infest.

    Waited a few turns, opponent casts Ad Nauseam none floating, goes to 1 life, only found one lotus petal, I responded to it with silence, and he conceded.
    I feel there was probably a better way for you to play this game but whatever works. You shouldn't have responded to Lotus Petal, that's a poor place to do so. In response to the 4th mana was probably the correct call.

  17. #97

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I feel there was probably a better way for you to play this game but whatever works. You shouldn't have responded to Lotus Petal, that's a poor place to do so. In response to the 4th mana was probably the correct call.
    You are probably right for a general matchup, but since he was at one life and tapped out(no chants or silences) and I had ToA in hand with 4 mana I thought it was fine.

  18. #98

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    That's good to hear.
    Were there any situations where Pyroclasm would have been better?
    The only advantages I could ever see to pyroclasm over infest would be the fact that it costs 1 less (2RR as opposed to 2RBB) if you want to wish and cast it the same turn. Against THALIA that extra mana *could* be an issue... but I think it's far worse 99% of the time and running it means you just lose games to Teeg+Mom that you would otherwise likely win. Basically what Bryant said. I think it's a far third behind Infest and Virtue's ruin for that slot.


    @ Shimi - As I said above, there was 1 game I gave up where infest being ruin would have saved me (involved big knights) but there were at least two games that infest killing his nobles and arbor's (along with hate bears) won me the game. Killing Knights and Hate bears with equipment on them sounds nice on the forums, but generally if your plan is really bw<virtue's ruin at that point in the game, you have already lost the game. I don't imagine even if everything goes "perfect" (ie - you wipe their board) that you can rebuild the resources needed to win before they find another threat in any but the most rare occasions. Plus post board you already have access to echoing truth.
    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

  19. #99

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Same bad ideas in every new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by plimplam View Post
    Targets for cunning wish? Ad nauseam (for that board that AN maindeck)?? No, AN is always better in that slot,
    bounce/removal, protection?

    Ad Nauseam isn't better when you can't cast your Rituals. Cunning wish can find removal or protection. It's more versatile (which is what Bryant says he's looking for).

    It's essentially IGG's old slot that becomes more versatile, I don't see how that's "the same bad idea". You still virtually have two Ad Nauseams.

  20. #100

    Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

    Quote Originally Posted by jin View Post
    cunning wish stuff
    your opening 7 is gemstone mine, petal, dark ritual, rite of flame, cunning wish, chrome mox, polluted delta

    Swim, Bike, Run, MTG

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)