Page 51 of 446 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 8918

Thread: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Re: [Deck] T.E.S. - The EPIC Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    EDIT: Not that any of you care or are wondering, but holy crap! The TES opening post is 32 pages in word.
    Too long so here's a haiku:

Ad Nauseam low,
    Flash it all back for more storm,
    Grapeshot their face off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koby View Post
    My love for Valakut knows no bounds. It mise well read:
    Land - Super Duper Mountain
    When you play a land, LIGHTNING BOLT!
    Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.
    Follow me on Twitter @RaNDoMxGeSTuReS

Buying cardboard >
    Jan 2011
    801,Utah

So, I went to a GPT this weekend with TES. almost the exactly 75 except 2 sideboard cards were different. -1 karakas - hullbreach + 2x junk cards

round 1: I played against a miracle deck. 1-2 bad hand 3rd game. mulled and mulled, nothing good.
    round 2: RUG - 1-2 hand issues... again
    round 3: High tide against a friends. 0-2 * scooped* we played games for the fun of it as I've never played against high tide. The turn he went off both games, I had a silence in hand and figured he'd wait 1 extra turn before going off... obviously wrong.
    round 4: Gobos. Killed him with therapies. * love this card*

Running on 1.5 hours of sleep and being up for 24 hours, Felt like I didn't do many player mistakes.

the people who didn't top 4 started another legacy event.
    2-0 against show and tell, beating through a omni. went off turn 2 one game, turn 4 the next.
    2-0 against miracle. went off turn 2 both games.
    0-2 against the same gobo guy. second game I forgot I had therapy in the graveyard. Cost me the whole round. after he won, we did a rewind back to when I made the mistake, won the next turn. then won the next game. but didn't matter to me. his first day for legacy events, so I gave him the win, even though he insisted on giving it to me. He made multiple player mistakes, so I helped him, yadda yadda.

Notes: love EtW mainboard, and absolutely love therapy in the side. I usually keep one in the side so I can wish for it and wreck a hand. Did it against a miracle deck and got his batterskull.

Maybe I'll do better next time when I have adequate sleep...

I spent today rewriting some of the opening post as well as the sideboarding guide, sample hands, links. Pretty much everything. Check it out.

EDIT: Not that any of you care or are wondering, but holy crap! The TES opening post is 32 pages in word.
    <3 all the work you're putting into this deck. I'll be getting the last cards to start messing around with it locally when Decemeber comes around. Thanks a bunch, Bryant.

(and Kirby, that's an epic Heiku)

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Finished 5th at a Grand Prix Trial for Denver yesterday, boo. Roommate won, taking home the byes, which is always good!

Played the OP list, really hated Reforge the Soul all day. Wished it were Diminishing Returns every time -- against blue and non-blue decks.

Probably switching back to returns. Even in goldfishing seems I win more with returns than reforge. Have two mana floating versus one or zero matters, I think.

Main deck EtW, but no Tendrils is still amazing.

Sort of questioning the Cabal Therapies in the board at this point. They're good, yes, but certainly not amazing. At some points they feel clunky, but that could be because I haven't used them enough in T.E.S. Haven't played in a while.

Best part of the day was 2-0'ing UWR Miracle Control. Gixtaxian Probe is so good, it's ridiculous. Let me win on turn one in game two.

Last round I killed my Reanimator opponent with Grapeshot... for 30.
    Strange as it may seem, this deck seems like the best place for Ruhan of the Fomori. A 7/7 with the right equipment will end games nightmarishly quick, and it comes with the perk of being blue to pitch to Force of Will if you draw into extra copies. And it wouldn't be too hard to protect him in counter-heavy build.

May 2011
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by RaNDoMxGeSTuReS View Post

Sort of questioning the Cabal Therapies in the board at this point. They're good, yes, but certainly not amazing. At some points they feel clunky, but that could be because I haven't used them enough in T.E.S. Haven't played in a while.
    I have been thinking that maybe it should be some sort or split like two Cabals and one Duress.

When Burning Wishing for protection I sometimes want something more certain like a Duress.

Cabal Therapies were put in to help against decks like Maverick while still being able to hit Force of Will if needed. I think. I am unsure of them too. It is neat flashing it back after casting a big Empty the Warrens though.

Finished 5th at a Grand Prix Trial for Denver yesterday, boo. Roommate won, taking home the byes, which is always good!

Played the OP list, really hated Reforge the Soul all day. Wished it were Diminishing Returns every time -- against blue and non-blue decks.

Probably switching back to returns. Even in goldfishing seems I win more with returns than reforge. Have two mana floating versus one or zero matters, I think.

Main deck EtW, but no Tendrils is still amazing.

Best part of the day was 2-0'ing UWR Miracle Control. Gixtaxian Probe is so good, it's ridiculous. Let me win on turn one in game two.

Last round I killed my Reanimator opponent with Grapeshot... for 30.
    More importantly, you're back on this deck and not on RUG.

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbertthecat View Post
    More importantly, you're back on this deck and not on RUG.
    I'm playing budget TES.

Aug 2010
    Colorado, bitches!

I'm playing budget TES.
    Shit. You should have PM'ed me to let me know you were heading to TEG. I'm on vaca from 12/7 to the new year. Hit me up if you're in the area.

I'm playing budget TES.
    It's a hard transition to make, but it builds character or something.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbertthecat View Post
    It's a hard transition to make, but it builds character or something.
    Hahah, You don't know :) - I'm still with 3 shocklands instead of Volc/Seas and they hurt so much

Split top 4 of a Legacy IQ (for funsies as I already had the invite) going 5-0-2 with TES. Beat BUG Delver, Maverick, GU Eldrazi-Post, Fish, and Bant despite having a terrible last minute sideboard built.

Notes:
    -Deathrite Shaman hurts Rite of Flame a little, but it hurts Cabal Ritual even more. Yet another reason for TES over ANT.
    -I won 2 games off Dim Ret costing 4 instead of 5, but had one game where I wanted to Reforge off of Rites but couldn't. I don't remember what happened that game, but it's also very possible I made 12 Goblins and won. Leaning towards still playing Dim Ret but not sold either way.
    -I won 2 games off IGG not being PiF as it got back LEDs. This keeps happening, I'll keep playing IGG.
    -Xantid Swarm was the man.
    -The difference between 1 for Chain of Vapor and 2 for Abrupt Decay is huge against Maverick. The 2x Karakas/Chain slot is absolutely necessary.
    -MD Tendrils won me multiple games that Empty would not have (one was low life vs Deathrite, other was Batterskull in play with Sword of War and Peace)
    -Bant opponent in Top 8 thought he had me both games and promptly lost. First one was an absurd game where I had to Dim Ret, Ponder into LED, IGG, then Ponder into one of my two Burning Wishes to win. Second one he kept Force, Mindbreak, Mindbreak and got turn 1 Duress, Turn 2 Silenced and died.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Until I can play storm perfectly, I have not played it enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kibler
    Funny enough I was 18 once too. It was sweet, but being me now is way sweeter.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by AriLax View Post
    Split top 4 of a Legacy IQ (for funsies as I already had the invite) going 5-0-2 with TES. Beat BUG Delver, Maverick, GU Eldrazi-Post, Fish, and Bant despite having a terrible last minute sideboard built.

Notes:
    -Deathrite Shaman hurts Rite of Flame a little, but it hurts Cabal Ritual even more. Yet another reason for TES over ANT.
    -I won 2 games off Dim Ret costing 4 instead of 5, but had one game where I wanted to Reforge off of Rites but couldn't. I don't remember what happened that game, but it's also very possible I made 12 Goblins and won. Leaning towards still playing Dim Ret but not sold either way.
    -I won 2 games off IGG not being PiF as it got back LEDs. This keeps happening, I'll keep playing IGG.
    -Xantid Swarm was the man.
    -The difference between 1 for Chain of Vapor and 2 for Abrupt Decay is huge against Maverick. The 2x Karakas/Chain slot is absolutely necessary.
    -MD Tendrils won me multiple games that Empty would not have (one was low life vs Deathrite, other was Batterskull in play with Sword of War and Peace)
    -Bant opponent in Top 8 thought he had me both games and promptly lost. First one was an absurd game where I had to Dim Ret, Ponder into LED, IGG, then Ponder into one of my two Burning Wishes to win. Second one he kept Force, Mindbreak, Mindbreak and got turn 1 Duress, Turn 2 Silenced and died.
    Glad to see that you're back.

Ning (Endure2004) , Royce, and myself all piloted TES at Baltimore this weekend. We all did moderately well but not great, there's some changes I want to make after this weekend. Expect to read about it in my article this week everyone!

Also, my last Therapy came in the mail! /Finished.

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

...there's some changes I want to make after this weekend. Expect to read about it in my article this week everyone!
    Finally main decking Grape Shot?

Deathrite Shaman is awkwardly annoying. I really doubt it, but is this a card we need to worry about?

Dread Returned
    Jul 2012
    Maryland

Working on constructing TES (currently 3 Infernal Tutors and 2 Rites from completing it), question on is Preordain worth including? It is another cantrip and seems great
    Currently Playing:
    Dredge, The Rock, Lands, Spiral Tide, Affinity

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzeler View Post
    Working on constructing TES (currently 3 Infernal Tutors and 2 Rites from completing it), question on is Preordain worth including? It is another cantrip and seems great
    4 Brainstorm. 4 Ponder. 4 Gitaxian Probe. 0 Preordain.

We already have 12.

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzeler View Post
    Too many cantrips actually slows down the deck. You often spend too much time casting cantrips looking for real cards. The fact of the matter is that TES already plays all of the best cantrips it possibly can, adding Preordain would just make the deck worse.

Dread Returned
    Jul 2012
    Maryland

4 Brainstorm. 4 Ponder. 4 Gitaxian Probe. 0 Preordain.

We already have 12.
    Too many cantrips actually slows down the deck. You often spend too much time casting cantrips looking for real cards. The fact of the matter is that TES already plays all of the best cantrips it possibly can, adding Preordain would just make the deck worse.
    Okay thanks

I should hopefully have the last few pieces before the end of the year (for now I'll proxy what I don't have to goldfish and get used to the deck)
    Currently Playing:
    Dredge, The Rock, Lands, Spiral Tide, Affinity

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Has anyone messed around with Epic Experiment yet?

Edit: The amount of discard in this format makes me want to play some junk like Bottled Cloister or something.

Glad to see that you're back.

Ning (Endure2004) , Royce, and myself all piloted TES at Baltimore this weekend. We all did moderately well but not great, there's some changes I want to make after this weekend. Expect to read about it in my article this week everyone!

Also, my last Therapy came in the mail! /Finished.
    If anything, the results of the weekend make TES a much better deck. Less Miracles, more lightly disruptive, mediocre clock blue decks.
    Quote Originally Posted by emidln View Post
    Until I can play storm perfectly, I have not played it enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Kibler
    Funny enough I was 18 once too. It was sweet, but being me now is way sweeter.

Don't Tell Stacy
    Jul 2010
    Sioux City, IA

Quote Originally Posted by AriLax View Post
    If anything, the results of the weekend make TES a much better deck. Less Miracles, more lightly disruptive, mediocre clock blue decks.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see Burn win next week. Non-basics everywhere.

I don't even consider Miracles that hard of a match up anymore. They don't have a quick way of killing you. It's like playing against a Landstill deck that durdles more. So glad Countertop decks don't play Tarmogoyfs anymore.

Thread Information