Hi everybody,

Got a question for all overseas buyers. I've bought some cards like 3 weeks from a store which has been discussed here earlier for its questionable business approach and customer relations, but the prices seemed good and I made the impulse purchase.

Upon placing the order I sent them and email and told them that I wanted to update my shipping method to Priority instead of First Class because I wanted tracking. They gladly did the update and sent me the letter with the tracking number and told me the items were shipped.

It's been 3 weeks but the package is nowhere to be seen. And later I learned that USPS Priority tracking actually doesn't "track". It was a $300 purchase and seems like it is lost. Because I thought I had tracking I didn't get the insurance but now since the tracking doesn't track and I'm uninsured what would be my options?

I've sent the customer service 4-5 emails over the last 10 days but received only one reply 4 days ago saying that one of the representatives "would be looking into it right away".

If they outright say that "USPS Priority doesn't guarantee tracking and your order is uninsured therefore suck it up" do my email requesting "an update to my shipping because I requested tracking" hold any value? Can I claim misguidance since they didn't tell me that Priority didn't actually provide (even though they just give you a dummy number)?

USPS tracking just says that "The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 02, 2012 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date" but this could also mean that the shop never sent the package and since there is no way to get any kind of confirmation from USPS it looks quite open to abuse by the shop against customers making high value, uninsured, USPS priority shipments doesn't it?

Any advice, earlier experiences..?