Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: USPS International Priority & Lost Packages

Aug 2011
    Italy

Re: USPS International Priority & Lost Packages

Well if I knew that Priority was just an expensive first class without any of these features I would definitely have chosen Express. I thought that Priority provided the same level of tracking but Express only enabled a very fast air transport. I thought I didn't need the cards within 5 working days and just having tracking and reliable delivery was fine so I picked the Priority.

Nevertheless if I'm not misreading what you said, regardless of the shipping method being Priority IF USPS received the package it would have been scanned and status would have been updated. If I'm seeing the "Electronically notified..." status even after 18 days, then it means that the shop didn't ship the package.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Quote Originally Posted by bilb_o View Post
    Nevertheless if I'm not misreading what you said, regardless of the shipping method being Priority IF USPS received the package it would have been scanned and status would have been updated. If I'm seeing the "Electronically notified..." status even after 18 days, then it means that the shop didn't ship the package.
    This is true for any USPS shipping service that provides "Delivery Confirmation" and/or a tracking number. The service can be initiated from any electronic postage program, but unless it is scanned at the post office, it will remain with the status "Electronically notified ..." Once the package is scanned somewhere en-route, it will update on the USPS database.

If, as you said, 18 days after you were provided with a tracking number the status has not changed from "Electronically notified ..." then the package has not been scanned at all. You can also use the tracking number and its status log as evidence for chargeback.
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Aug 2011
    Italy

Ok guys so after a threat to call my bank for a chargeback on Friday morning I received a response. Here's the deal.

The shop is MTGFanatic. I put in the order February 19th. After a long process of reauthorizing my credit card (which I used to shop with them before) they send me the "Shipped" message on February 29th. Meanwhile they had 3 cards in the stock and it went to 0 upon my purchase.

After my order is delayed I checked their store again and saw that the cards were replaced with 4 new copies. I kept checking and they were gone too.

After sending multiple emails, calling USPS myself several times, and 4 weeks of inactivity on my tracking label here comes the response from our dear shop.

"I am sorry for the delay in response to your e-mails. I checked with our shipping department and they said your package was not there or that they could not find it within the department. However, based on the information provided by the USPS it does not appear that they have received your package for shipping yet."

and shortly after another update:

"Ok I found out what is going on with your order. We are actually out of stock of the cards you ordered"

So apparently after 1 month I get notified that they were out of stock on the items and it was nothing to do with USPS. They also said that refund was made (which I will be checking out in the morning, if I'm hit by the exchange rate difference even 1 cent I'll be very pissed off). I wasn't intending to talk trash about the shop and that's why I didn't give their name first. I had confidence in them and looked for the blame in USPS. Turns out you have to chose your online shopping wisely.

mtgfanatic is a famous ripper-store. One of he shadiest mtg-stores there is. Incidents like this is not rare...

Let me guess, the card you ordered raised in price? What cards did you order? Do they have them in stock atm?

Aug 2011
    San Antonio, TX

There is a huge thread over on mtgsalvation where some higher up with mtgfanatic goes ballistic and makes his or her store look bad. It's well known for finding a way to screw their customers.

Aug 2011
    Italy

For me the case is closed. I'm not shopping with them again.

On the other hand for USPS Priority shipping, I still don't know if they would have provided reliable tracking but they sure have a way out incase they don't provide you with anything. When i called them they specifially said that "They don't guarantee that the package will be scanned upon arrival or during the transit". So when using USPS you either get First Class for the cheapest option or get Express with actual tracking. Priority is just an expensive First Class without any additional features.

Quote Originally Posted by bilb_o View Post
    For me the case is closed. I'm not shopping with them again.

On the other hand for USPS Priority shipping, I still don't know if they would have provided reliable tracking but they sure have a way out incase they don't provide you with anything. When i called them they specifially said that "They don't guarantee that the package will be scanned upon arrival or during the transit". So when using USPS you either get First Class for the cheapest option or get Express with actual tracking. Priority is just an expensive First Class without any additional features.
    Just to clarify, this is true internationally but not domestically. The tracking of Priority is domestic so it's what you want for within the US - though First Class w/Delivery Confirmation is the exact same thing as priority in most cases and cheaper.
    “It's possible. But it involves... {checks archives} Nature's Revolt, Opalescence, two Unstable Shapeshifters (one of which started as a Doppelganger), a Tide, an animated land, a creature with Fading, a Silver Wyvern, some way to get a creature into play in response to stuff, some way to get a land into play in response to stuff (a different land from the animated land), and one heck of a Rube Goldberg timing diagram.
    -David DeLaney

Thread Information