Page 229 of 243 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Is there a reason why no one is playing Traxos. Yes the ideal is to metalworker out a huge guy early but you won’t have metalworker every game.

A 4cc 7/7 trampler on turn two is a great way to apply pressure and should be able to win some games by itself (or absorb removal that would have hit something that costs more mana later).

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    In other news, how bad do we think the assassins trophy phenomenon will be? Im tempted to run a 1x wastes for that, lands, d and t and miracles, post board. Path to Exile is annoying, and gq is still backbreaking, if you run into a lands player running it.
    The deck doesn’t need X mana so any basic land should work. I think it would make sense to play a single island or something to fetch with Asstrophy, Path, Vet Expl etc and mislead your opponent into thinking you’re playing Show and Tell or Farie Stompy.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Hi guys! My buddy ran my mud deck at eternal weekend to a total record of 7 and 4. He had some really crappy matchups early in the tournament, most down the draw. I don't exactly have a tournament report, since I didn't play it. On the other hand I will post my list later, so that y'all can throw darts at it, and we can all learn from it, including me lol.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Apr 2018
    France

Hi !
    haha good idea !
    I have recently adopted your idea of ghirapur orrery and it had performed quite well.
    However I still need to find a solution for lands and turbo depth as well as show and tell that is appearing a lot recently.
    For the latter you still have warping wail for unexpected show and tell couter magic, or chalice & trinisphere to make them struggle to get a S&T/sneak with a creature but it's still not enough for consistent solution.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    I still need to find a solution for lands and turbo depth as well as show and tell that is appearing a lot recently. .
    believe it or not, I find DD combo a much harder match than sneak. For sneak I side board in my bridges, senior liberated, and that's about it. I don't find the match horribly out of favor for us, as long as you run enough tax pieces, and as I do 2 staff. My usual line of play is 2 put in staff on the show and tell as long as I have for Mana. You can perpetually tap down their attack before attacks occur. Because they cheat on Mana we are fighting on the same axis. On the other hand, DD combo is basically on interactable for us. Our best defense is still Bridge, but they run decay, and their combo is basically creature based so some of our taxes don't hit them

Apr 2018
    France

I undertand your point of you, I don't play Karn liberated, maybe that doesn't help. I used to run spine and/or replicant instead but indeed Karn is not a bad idea. I'm still a bit cautious with planeswalkers as we still have taxes effect (lodestone and eventually thorns)
    I totally agree with you on DD, it is in instant speed so Ugin doesn't work, not a lot of possible outs. The best way is still emperion with greaves

That is the main struggle with MUD: you can have solution to multiple things but it is not always clear what to bring in MD. I really enjoy sorcerous spyglass, the 2 staff, etc etc but you can't really have everything :p

Columbus scg team event report. 6-1 in the legacy seat before our team dropped.

Decklist
    4x Metalworker
    4x lodestone golem
    4x kuldotha forgemaster
    3x wurmcoil engine
    1x sundering titan
    1x steel hellkite
    1x blightsteel colossus
    1x platinum emperion

4x chalice of the void
    4x grim monolith
    2x ugin the spirit dragon
    2x trinisphere
    2x lightning greaves
    1x staff of domination
    1x sorcerous spyglass
    1x spine of ish sah

4x cloudpost
    4x glimmerpost
    4x ancient tomb
    3x city of traitors
    3x vesuva
    3x cavern of souls
    3x wasteland

Sideboard
    2x faerie macabre
    2x ratchet bomb
    3x warping wail
    1x wurmcoil engine
    1x batterskull
    2x thorn of amethyst
    1x trading post
    1x spine of ish sah
    1x staff of nin
    1x sorcerous spyglass

MUD tournament report.

Columbus team scg

Rd1 turbo depths 2-0
    G1- won the roll, t1 ancient tomb monolith. T1 thoughtsieze took my t2 wurmcoil. T2 stuck lodestone. T2 he durdled. T3 I spyglass naming his hexmage in hand, t3 he needles wasteland. I start the golem beats and he dies.

G2- t1 he inquisitions away my t1 monolith. T1 I top deck monolith, tomb drop monolith. T2 he sylvan scry to go get stage. T2 I jam metalworker tapping my wasteland to cast. T3 he blows his load making token to get it out before my wasteland untaps. I activated metal worker slam ugin, eat token. T4 he draws a pass. T4 I drop lodestone, waste his bayou, and start the pain train.

Out- 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 sundering Titan, 2 trinisphere, 1 spine of ish sah
    In- 2 thorn of amethyst, 2 faerie macabre, 1 sorcerous spyglass.

Rd 2 BR reanimater 2-0
    G1- won the die roll. Pregame, he revealed 2 chancellor of annex. This changes my plans. T1 I drop city of traitors, play chalice on zero paying the 2 for the Chancellor's. He the draw, land passes. He had 2 lotus petals locked in his hand. T2 float 2 with city, drop cavern, play metalworker. Pass. He draw, passes. T3 I drop lodestone, and wasteland his Badlands, and beat him down.

G2- he pulled to 6, t1 swamp pass. T1 City, thorn of amethyst. T2 land pass. T2 metalworker. T3 he dumps hos whole hand to reanimate chancellor. T3 I drop forgemaster with worker Mana. T4 he bashes and passes. T5 I cast spine to kill his chancellor. T6 he draws and passes. T6 I cast boots. Forgemaster up blightsteel to kill.

Out- 2- ugin, 2 wurmcoil engine, 2 trinisphere, 1 sundering Titan, 1 steel hellkite.
    In- 2- faerie macabre, 1 spyglass, 3 warping wail, 2 thorn of amethyst.

Rd3- br reanimater 2-0
    G1- t1 thoughtsieze took my chalice. T1 land go. T2 he drew and passed. T2 land pass, spyglass on g-brand, seeing he had ritual, exhume, exhume, g-brand, land, land. T3 he drew and passed. T3 I stick a trinisphere. T4 he draws, pitches g-brand to hand size. T4 I metal worke. T5 he land go. T5 I spine and wasteland both his lands.

He had no discard outlet to drop his g-brand, so he couldn't fight back at all really. But even if he did, spine would have eaten g-brand and wasteland would kept him under trinisphere.

G2- t1 he goes ritual, entomb g-brand, animate dead, I macabre his g-brand. T1-3 is land pass game. And I stick metal worker. He passed back 1 more time and I metal work out 2 lodestone golem and a thorn off the top of my deck. He scooped.

Out-1- sundering Titan, 2- ugin, 2 wurmcoil engine, 2 trinisphere, 1 steel hellkite
    In- 2 thorn of amethyst, 3 warping wail, 2 faerie macabre, 1 spyglass.

Rd 4 jund lands 2-0 (from my local area)
    G1- t1-t3 was wasteland s back and forth. T4 I tomb, monolith, monolith, lodestone. He ran out of steam. T5 I wasteland him, and lodestone carries to victory.

G2- was a slugfest back and forth, he stuck a dark confidant. He got his wasteland loam engine online the same turn I stuck a metalworker. I got to activate metalworker and drop forgemaster, a lodestone, and another artifact. He drops exploration, and keeps digging into my Mana base. Forgemaster comes online and I hit with lodestone and pass. He drops a tireless tracker and hits another of my lands. I forgemaster for blightsteel end of his turn. He then loses both dudes to soak some infect. And wastelands out my last 2 lands. He had no maze of ith, or chasm or anything else to not die to blightsteel.

Out- 2 trinisphere, 2 ugin, 2 wurmcoil, 1 sundering Titan
    In- 1 trading Post, 2 faerie macabre, 2 ratchet bomb, 1 spine of ish sah, 1 spyglass.

Honestly, I didn't like trading Post and extra spine here, and should have just left in the 2 ugin.

Rd 5 sneak and show 2-0
    G1- won the roll. T1 Glimmerpost pass. He
    Island ponder. T2 ancient tomb metalworker. He cantrips more. T3 cavern on golem drop a lodestone. He cantrips more. T4 I cavern construct, drop forgemaster. Bash lodestone. He drops land, show and tell. He shows g-brand, I stick spine. He draws 7 before g-brand dies to spine. T5 I forgemaster, getting spine to my hand, and tutor up sundering Titan. He gets screwed out of all but 2 of his lands. And beats for the win.

G2- didn't take good notes of this matchup because I locked him out so hard from playing anything beyond 2 cantrips.

Out- 2 ugin, 3 wurmcoil engine, 1 steel hellkite, 1 chalice of the void
    In- 3 warping wail, 2 thorn of amethyst as 1 spine of ish sah, 1 trading Post.

Probably should have boarded out the something else instead of 1 chalice, and brought in the sorcerous spyglass also. Was starting to get tilted that I was 5-0 in the legacy seat, and our team was 2-3 in the team event.

Rd 6 grixis delver 2-0
    G1- this game was a clogged up slugfest. At one point he had zombie fish, young peezy with a few tokens and then top decked back to back delvers. Wurmcoil held all of that at Bay for enough turns to assemble metal worker staff combo. Post Mana was allowing me to tap the delvers and draw another card each turn, until I found metalworker.

G2- our game ended with me with 2 wurmcoil engines on the field and my opponent with 1 land and a fist full of spells, as I wastelanded him into Oblivion, sticking cavern on wurmcoil was amazing here. He scooped as my 2 team mates lost their matches

Out- 2 trinisphere, 1 lodestone, 1 spyglass.
    In- 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 trading Post, I staff of nin, 1 batterskull

This opponent was pouring sweat and offered up the sweatiest handshake I've ever received, from him being so shaken sitting across from me. When we went to sideboard he rather loudly told his team "I hope you guys got this, because I'm not winning this"

Rd7- miracles 0-2
    I didn't take notes for this matchup because I tilted so hard because my team lost again and I was getting absolutely shit on by this miracles player. Game one was 30 minutes long of him top decking the exact perfect answer to counter, kill, bottom deck, top deck, mill and counter everything I did, and land a Jace to ride to victory. Game 2 I scooped to him when he countered my first few plays, stuck a t4 Jace, and my opponents officially lost at this moment.

I' ll also have a report for my 9-2 finish at eternal weekend.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkX9 View Post
    I' ll also have a report for my 9-2 finish at eternal weekend.
    Looking forward to it!

Apr 2018
    France

Same, I would really enjoy a report :)

Concerning the team trio report
    Really nice run !
    I also feel like you were more lucky than me :p It happens quite usually that my opponent forces my chalice/early 3-ball, or champagne start from reanimator opponents.
    You seem to side out 3-ball a lot. Have you consider switching it with thorns or anything else ? When 3-ball is not relevant, thorn is usually not relevant either (I can only think of Elves as the exception)
    And globally how did you find Trading post ? I also used to run it as a 1-of in the side but as llotv and all the sacrifice package is no more so commonly seen I stopped. a

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Had the same question regarding Trinisphere, especially when I saw you sided it out against Reanimator. Is Thorn just better here? Do you not want both?

Same, I would really enjoy a report :)

Concerning the team trio report
    Really nice run !
    I also feel like you were more lucky than me :p It happens quite usually that my opponent forces my chalice/early 3-ball, or champagne start from reanimator opponents.
    You seem to side out 3-ball a lot. Have you consider switching it with thorns or anything else ? When 3-ball is not relevant, thorn is usually not relevant either (I can only think of Elves as the exception)
    And globally how did you find Trading post ? I also used to run it as a 1-of in the side but as llotv and all the sacrifice package is no more so commonly seen I stopped. a
    The boarding out of trinisphere, isn't really as much as this tournament shows. Any deck that gives me the feeling that they can wasteland lock me under my own 3 ball, so all the depths decks with loam, DnT, etc. Also, I've found that br reanimater 3-ball just isn't fast enough, and thorn is a direct 1 for 1 swap. 3-ball stays in against show n tell only if I'm tipped off to omniscience. I mean, we could talk 3-ball in all the matches for a bit.

Trading Post, I wasn't a fan. It only made it in because I brought it in because I put spines back in my 75 for show and tell, but it was too cute, and became a sideboard 3rd ugin for eternal weekend.

Apr 2018
    France

The boarding out of trinisphere, isn't really as much as this tournament shows. Any deck that gives me the feeling that they can wasteland lock me under my own 3 ball, so all the depths decks with loam, DnT, etc. Also, I've found that br reanimater 3-ball just isn't fast enough, and thorn is a direct 1 for 1 swap. 3-ball stays in against show n tell only if I'm tipped off to omniscience. I mean, we could talk 3-ball in all the matches for a bit.

Trading Post, I wasn't a fan. It only made it in because I brought it in because I put spines back in my 75 for show and tell, but it was too cute, and became a sideboard 3rd ugin for eternal weekend.
    I see more clearly your point of view and I can't disagree with you. However I still keep some 3-ball against D&T as it can help to lock them, or at least prevent them to use their rishadan package if they didn't stuck a vial, or we spyglassed it. I prefer to side out chalice as it's just for 4 swords (+ eventually pte) and they can take care of it with flickerwisp.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Im sorry I didn't respond to the question about traxos. Scary enough, I run it because we just have better for drops to fill the spot. Turn one Thorn makes turn to trinisphere the best for dropping the deck. Also golem as a 4 drop, in some cases t2 worker or dynamo into trini. Staff becomes a t2 play. I just have a clogged t2. It is pretty gross, but is it better than a t2 or 3 wurmcoil? I dont know, but i also dont think so. Might be good sb stuff for d and t or other creature matches.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Also, unlike steel stompy, we dont run zero drops to untap it on the spot. I often wonder why more of them dont run it, but it really isn't in their main plan.

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Im sorry I didn't respond to the question about traxos. Scary enough, I run it because we just have better for drops to fill the spot. Turn one Thorn makes turn to trinisphere the best for dropping the deck. Also golem as a 4 drop, in some cases t2 worker or dynamo into trini. Staff becomes a t2 play. I just have a clogged t2. It is pretty gross, but is it better than a t2 or 3 wurmcoil? I dont know, but i also dont think so. Might be good sb stuff for d and t or other creature matches.
    I like traxcos as a card, but I'm not sure I like how it functions in our game plan. Yes, it is a big scary beater that hits like a Mack truck. If you think about it as a 4 drop 7/7 it's awesome. But in application, it really costs more since you have to cast artifacts to untap it. So, it costs 4 upfront, but you have to treat it as a 6+ cmc bomb slot, and I'd rather have a wurmcoil all day over traxxos as a 6+ cmc bomb slot. It fits those steel stompy lists much more. They have small spells all day to untap that. You get stuck with a fist full of wurmcoil, sundering Titan, ugin, and blightsteel, unable to untap traxxos one time, and he gets booted. We need to rely on bombs that are big and scary and self sustaining.

I see more clearly your point of view and I can't disagree with you. However I still keep some 3-ball against D&T as it can help to lock them, or at least prevent them to use their rishadan package if they didn't stuck a vial, or we spyglassed it. I prefer to side out chalice as it's just for 4 swords (+ eventually pte) and they can take care of it with flickerwisp.
    I agree that chalice is fragile against DNT, but chalice vs them never hurts us. I personally have very few times been locked under my own trinisphere, but out at big tournaments when I'm walking around and I find another MUD player, I watch. And I see it alot where they start out strong with a 3-ball, and don't stabilizes and locks them under their own trinisphere. I'd rather not give them the opportunity to do that. And if they have to waste a flicker wisp trigger on my chalice, and not get crazy value flickering their dudes for triggers, ory blockers out of the way, then I'll be happy with that.

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Can't wait to read your EW tourney report.

Quick question that has probably already been answered: Since we have access to infinite mana with Metalworker and Staff, does it make sense to include a 1-of Ballista? That gives us an alternate win con staring down a Bridge, for example.

Edit - Also, what's the best strategy against Back to Basics? Is it just auto-lose? Seems tough when Miracles is one of the most popular decks in the format.
    Last edited by TLK; 11-08-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Apr 2018
    France

I agree that chalice is fragile against DNT, but chalice vs them never hurts us. I personally have very few times been locked under my own trinisphere, but out at big tournaments when I'm walking around and I find another MUD player, I watch. And I see it alot where they start out strong with a 3-ball, and don't stabilizes and locks them under their own trinisphere. I'd rather not give them the opportunity to do that. And if they have to waste a flicker wisp trigger on my chalice, and not get crazy value flickering their dudes for triggers, ory blockers out of the way, then I'll be happy with that.
    Yes, I see what you are saying. It happend to me once But usually I don't cast it unless I'm sure I can have access to mana if something goes wrong (other lands in hand, grim, metalworker ...)
    Also my sideboard plan generally consists in bringing in 2 warping wail and 2 spyglass and I side out 2 chalice, 1 sundering, and 1 3-ball.

Quick question that has probably already been answered: Since we have access to infinite mana with Metalworker and Staff, does it make sense to include a 1-of Ballista? That gives us an alternate win con staring down a Bridge, for example.
    Depending on my mood I sometimes play it. But in that case I reduce the number of forgemaster and go up to 2 staff.

Eternal weekend. 9-2 MUD tournament report.

Decklist
    4x Metalworker
    4x lodestone golem
    4x kuldotha forgemaster
    3x wurmcoil engine
    1x sundering titan
    1x steel hellkite
    1x blightsteel colossus
    1x platinum emperion

4x chalice of the void
    4x grim monolith
    2x ugin the spirit dragon
    2x trinisphere
    2x lightning greaves
    1x staff of domination
    1x sorcerous spyglass
    1x spine of ish sah

4x cloudpost
    4x glimmerpost
    4x ancient tomb
    3x city of traitors
    3x vesuva
    3x cavern of souls
    3x wasteland

Sideboard
    2x faerie macabre
    2x ratchet bomb
    3x warping wail
    1x wurmcoil engine
    1x batterskull
    2x thorn of amethyst
    1x Ugin, the spirit dragon
    1x spine of ish sah
    1x staff of nin
    1x sorcerous spyglass

MUD tournament report

9-2 at eternal weekend

Rd1 2-1 DnT
    G1- he stuck a t1 aether vial, and disrupted my Mana base with his lands enough to cheat in dudes to poke me to death.

G2- I Mulligan to 6, and him to 5. T1 ancient tomb, chalice on one. He has 3 1 drops in his mull to 5. T3 wurmcoil beats him to death, mostly uncontested.

G3- he starts clogging the board with dudes. Revokers my metal worker. Over extended dumping his hand setting up a 2 turn clock. I top deck a monolith, allowing me to take a hit for half bluffing that I got nothing, then slamming an ugin to take over.

Out- 1 blightsteel, 2 lodestone golem, 2 trinisphere, 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 sundering Titan, 1 platinum emperion, 1 spine of ish sah
    In- 2 ratchet bomb, 1 sorcerous spyglass, 1 ugin, 3 warping wail, 1 staff of nin, 1 batterskull

Rd2 UB death's shadow 2-1
    G1- t1 ancient tomb into chalice on 1. This shut off most of his hand. T2 trinisphere locked him under his 2 lands. T4 platinum emperion sticks and starts the beats.

G2- he had counters for my first 2 locks pieces. Stuck 2 flipped delvers, and beat me down While killing my creatures, and hymn to touraching me.

G3- t1 ancient tomb thorn of amethyst, t2 monolith, t2 he pays 2 for his cantrip. T3 trinisphere. T3 he pays 3 for another cantrip. T4 forgemaster. Wasteland his 3rd land. T5 play a random artifact, and forgemaster get sundering Titan dropping him to zero lands, under a trinisphere.

Out- 2 ugin, 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 spine of ish sah
    In- 2 ratchet bomb, 2 thorn of amethyst

Rd3- DnT 1-2
    G1-both of us were off to a slow start. A cloudpost, then 3 straight glimmerposts allowed me to keep pace with his little dude pokes. Started dropping big dude after big dude and he couldn't keep up. Sundering Titan proved too big for his triple block trade to clear the way for wurmcoil beats.
    G2- he out paced me with a fast batterskull, and beating up on my Mana base.
    G3- our board state got rather clogged up rather quickly. He had double aether vial. He started sticking dudes. I finally drew a spyglass to shut off his vials, and I saw his hand of plains, port, recruiter of the guard, and flicker wisp. Then I jam a wurmcoil engine. He top decks and sticks a palace jailer eating my wurmcoil. I top deck a chalice and make a major game losing misplay by casting chalice on 1, instead of on 3, knowing about the flicker wisp and recruiter in his hand. He then flickers his jailer to eat my next threat. Recruiter of the guard to get another flicker wisp, and flicker palace jailer again to eat my next threat.

Out-1 wurmcoil engine, 2 trinisphere 2 lodestone golem, 1 spine of ish say, 1 sundering Titan, 1 platinum emperion
    In- 1 ugin, 3 warping wail, 1 staff of nin, 1 batterskull, 2 ratchet bomb

Rd4 Mono red prison 2-1
    G1- he stuck a t1 blood moon, he sticks a t3 rabble master. I stick a t3 metal worker as my only hope to land the ugin in my hand. T4 he lands Chandra torch of defiance, and rabble's all over my face.
    G2- t1 ancient, monolith, metalworker pass. T1 he sticks a blood moon. T2 I activate metalworker to make 6, play wurmcoil, play greaves with my lands, bash with wurmcoil.
    G3- t1 he plays great furnace pass. I wasteland his furnace. T2 he plays another great furnace pass. Ancient tomb pass. T3 he plays land pass. I drop a sorcerous spyglass, naming the Jaya Ballard in his hand. T4 he plays spyglass naming the staff of domination in my hand. T5 he plays blood moon. I top deck boots to go with the wurmcoil in my hand. Make 8, Mana drop wurmcoil with boots and start the pain train.

Out- 4 chalice of the void, 2 trinisphere
    In- 2 ratchet bomb, 1 sorcerous spyglass, 1 ugin, 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 staff of nin

Rd5 Mono red prison 2-0
    G1- I Mulligan to 6. Win the die roll. T1 cloudpost pass. T1 he powers out magus of the moon. T2 vesuva mountain pass. He casts another magus of the moon. T3 vesuva mountain metalworker. He plays blood moon and continues the magus beats. T4 drop lodestone golem. He drops another moon and passed. T5 I wurmcoil engine. He drops e-bridge. T6 I drop a trinisphere, and chalice on 3 with metalworker mana. T7 I drop chalice on 4. Then we play draw go for a few turns until he scoops realizing he can't cast any of his win conditions with chalice on 3 and 4.

G2- he t1 blood moon. I land go. T2 he slams e-bridge. We play draw go for a few turns. He lands a rabble master. I answer it with a lodestone golem. We play draw go for a few more turns with my golem eating free goblins from rabble master. By this time I have 9 mountains out to slam ugin and he takes 1 more draw and extends the hand.

Out- 1 sundering Titan, 4 chalice of the void, 2 trinisphere, 1 lodestone golem.
    In- 1 ugin, 2 ratchet bomb, 1 staff of nin, 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 spine of ish sah, 1 batterskull, 1 spyglass.

I boarded out the sundering Titan and the lodestone this match for the batterskull and 2nd spine for this matchup because this list seemed to rely on e-bridge more than my round 4 moon opponent. And I wanted the extra defense lifegain from b-skull and the extra spine to blow up a bridge if needed rather than the 2 extra dumb bodies.

Rd 6 combo elves 0-2
    G1- I won the die roll. T1 ancient tomb chalice on 1. He plays dryad arbor pass. T2 I play cloudpost pass. He land casts visionary to draw. T3 I stick metalworker with an ugin. In my hand. He plays cradle, green sun zenith for wirewood symbiote, casts rec sage from his hand killing chalice, bounces and recasts it killing metalworker. T4 land stick trinisphere. He bounces and replayed sage killing trinisphere, and casts 2 glimpse and combos off with cloudstone curio to get shaman of the pack to kill me.
    G2- t1 city of traitors chalice on 1. He plays forest pass. T2 I stick a metal worker. he kills metalworker with abrupt decay. T3 I land pass. He casts rec sage and kills chalice. T4 I land, play ratchet bomb. He glimpse, gets heritage druid and 2 nettle sentinels, engine draws a little and shaman of the pack kills me again.

Out- 3 wurmcoil engine, 1 blightsteel, 1 spine of ish sah, 1 sundering Titan, 1 platinum emperion.
    In- 1 ugin, 3 warping wail, 2 ratchet bomb, 1 spyglass

I hate elves. It's my worst matchup.

Rd7- Rg lands 2-0
    G1- won the die roll. T1 cloudpost pass. He plays land, diamond, casts loam targeting the 1 land. T2 I play glimmerpost, monolith, lodestone golem. He dredges loam, dredging 2 crop rotation and an exploration. He plays a land and casts loam for 3 with no targets. T3. I play wasteland and start the golem beats. He sets up to try and get depths token. End of his turn I tap out to untap monolith. He crop rotates and blows his load making a token. T4 I stick glimmerpost, slamming ugin, eat his token and keep the golem beats. He scoops.
    G2- he Mulligana to 6. T1 Land pass. I ancient tomb, chalice on one. And he gets kinda sad. T2 he durdles. I drop glimmerpost, spyglass naming his rishadon port. T3 he durdles some more. I play land and stick a lodestone golem. . . . He had bad draws and the lodestone tax kept him from getting ahead enough to out race the 5 per turn beats.

Out- 2 trinisphere, 1 spine of ish sah, 1 sundering Titan, 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 lodestone.
    In- 1 ugin, 1 spyglass, 2 thorn of amethyst, 2 faerie macabre.

I probably should have taken out another wurmcoil instead of the 4th lodestone golem. It seems like taking their engine with a creature that needs 2 punishing fire to kill is pretty good against them. I'm still kinda toying with my strategy against lands.

Rd8 tezzerator 1-0
    G1- we both casted some stuff. He sticks a karn ( 4 drop karn) and starts drawing cards. I stick some other artifacts and a forgemaster. He lands ensnaring bride after I hard cast a blightsteel. I sacrificed 3 artifacts with forgemaster to get platinum emperion, and suit it up with boots. We stale mate durdle some more. At this point I have 4 cloudposts on the field and 3 glimmerposts. I realize, if we stale mate here I'll deck him, cause I can keep drawing blightsteel, and pitching him to hand size over and over. So I wasteland his academy ruins so he can't avoid decking. So, he sticks Jace the mindsculpter, with it on the stack, I sacrificed 3 random things (1 being blightsteel to shuffle it back in) to get spyglass naming Jace. So, we draw, land, go for a few, and I'm just jamming all the artifacts I draw. I get 3 more, sacrificed them, and get staff of domination. With my insane post land Mana, I start drawing like crazy hunting for ugin. He has 3 cards in library, and I have 6 left ( with 2 ugins in it). I draw with staff, finally get ugin. Dropped chalice on 2 and 5 throughout the nonsense trying to stop force and counter spell. Slam ugin, eat his board, pass. He thinks for a minute and scoops it up. Craziest fucking game ever.
    G2- we have 11 minutes left on the clock at this point, before sideboarding. We start our game. I play a t1 spyglass, naming the helm of obedience in his hand. ( He boarded in leyline helm combo.) I jam some more random artifacts with boots out. He does stuff and sticks another e-bridge. So I top deck cavern of souls, naming construct, jam the forgemaster in my hand, boots it up, go get platinum emperion again, and move him under boots. So I have 3 nonland permanents out, spyglass on helm, boots, and emperion. And we play into turns and he extended the hand.

Out- 2 wurmcoil engine, 2 trinisphere, 2 lodestone golem.
    In- 2 ratchet bomb, 1 spine of ish sah, 1 spyglass, 1 ugin, 1 staff of nin.

Rd9 UB Omni tell 2-0
    G1- he Mulligan to 5. I t1 he island, ponders. I ancient tomb, boots. T2 he plays underground sea, and main phase brainstorms, he passes. Land, metalworker, resolves. Boots up, make Mana, slam sundering Titan eating his 2 lands and he scoops it up before I can even really see what he is playing.

I sideboard thinking that he is on UB reanimater.

G2- he casted 6 cantrips in the 1st 4 turns as his only actions outside of land drops.
    I t1 I play wasteland. T2 I play ancient tomb, jam staff of domination. T3 I stick boots. T4 I stick monolith setting up for a big next turn. T5 he show and tells. I warping wail, he forces my wail going to 1 last card in hand. He slams emrakul, I stick forgemaster. My turn I jam another boots, use staff to tap emrakul, sac staff,
    2nd boots and monolith, getting blightsteel to boots up and kill.

Based on what little of his deck I saw, I didn't know he was on show and tell until he was already fucked.

Out- 3 wurmcoil engine, 2 trinisphere, 1 steel hellkite, 2 ugin.
    In- 3 warping wail, 2 thorn of amethyst, 1 spine of ish sah, 2 faerie macabre.
    I boarded thinking he was on UB reanimater.

Start of day 2.
    Rd10 DNT 2-0
    G1- won the die roll. Mulligan to 6. T1 cloudpost, pass. Plains mom. T2 vesuva copy post. Play monolith. He drops revokers naming monolith, poke with Mom. T3 glimmerpost wurmcoil engine. He drops 2nd mom and stoneforge. Overextending to try and go over wurmcoil. T4 I play another cloudpost, stick ugin, and I take over from there.

G2- t1 plains. Vial pass. Ancient tomb spyglass naming his vial seeing he had a 2nd on in hand and only 2 total lands, 2 path to exile, and a council's judgement. T2 he plays land and 2nd vial. I stick chalice on 1. T3 He misses his land drop and passes. I play land, and stick metal worker. T4 he missed another land drop and passes. I activate metalworker, drop staff of domination, and go infinite.

Out- 1 platinum emperion, 1 lodestone golem, 1 sundering Titan, 1 spine of ish sah, 2 trinisphere, 2 wurmcoil engines.
    In- 1 staff of nin, 1 spyglass, 1 ugin, 2 ratchet bomb, 3 warping wail.

Rd11 jeskai stoneblade 2-0
    G1- won the die roll. T1 ancient tomb chalice on 1. He plays land pass. T2 glimmerpost trinisphere. Land pass. T3 glimmerpost, pass. He plays land stoneforge for jitte. T4 cloudpost. Spyglass naming stoneforge. He casts jitte. And pokes me with stoneforge. T5 glimmerpost, wurmcoil engine. Land, true name Nemesis. T6 he has a counter spell in hand but can't cast it because of trinisphere. I play glimmerpost, jam ugin. Eat his board. He draws and passes keeping up his counter spell. T7 ugin bolt, cavern of souls on construct, stick metalworker as a blocker for ugin. He draws plays land pass. I ugin bolt him for a couple turns and stick a wurmcoil to block after baiting the counterspell with a lodestone. He goes to 1 life and top decks a council's judgement for ugin to stabilize. And sticks a stoneforge. He speed bumps wurmcoil, then casts batterskull to continue stabilizing. I drop a sundering Titan eat 3 lands and he can't keep up.

G2- t1 Land pass. Ancient tomb, chalice on 1. T2 stoneforge getting batterskull. I cavern construct drop metalworker. T3 he land pass. I make metalworker mana, cast trinisphere, it gets forced. Land forgemaster. End of turn he cheats in batterskull. T4 he bashes batterskull, bounces off forgemaster. I cast monolith, ratchet bomb, and boots. I sac metal worker, r-bomb and monolith to get a sundering Titan to eat all 3 of his lands. He draws no lands for 2 turns and scoops.

Out- 4 lodestone, 2 trinisphere, 1 wurmcoil engine, 1 spine of ish sah, 1 metal worker.
    In- 3 warping wail, 2 ratchet bomb, 1 spyglass, 1 ugin, 1 staff of nin, 1 batterskull.
    Last edited by BlackHawkX9; 11-17-2018 at 06:20 AM.

May 2012
    New Jersey

Congratulations on your finish! The deck seems solid! What are your thoughts on your current 75? It looks as though the third ugin from the board did work; would you advocate keeping that there over any other options? What are your thoughts on spellskite? On paper it seems like it’d be A worthwhile inclusion somewhere in the 75. Inventors fair also seems useful, however; it may be too cute and the lands suite already looks perfect. How do you feel MUD is positioned in the current meta? Most seem to think eldrazi post is the premier post deck of the meta..

Thread Information