Page 227 of 243 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_AGUILA View Post
    I think the MUD legacy deck is in stand by (pause),because the mud players don't know how the ban DRS and gitaxian affect the metagame. Splash to red is great but versus combo decks is good deck?
    Depends on combo: in my experience the worst is Omniscence because S&T doesn't care about Chalice or Trinisphere, and you cannot hide under a bridge as you could against Sneak&Show

Versus the other combo it all depends if they go off before you play your disruption. If your meta is really infested by fast combo you should play some free cards in the side, like Mindbreak trap and Faerie macabre
    Ignorance is strength

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_AGUILA View Post
    I think the MUD legacy deck is in stand by (pause),because the mud players don't know how the ban DRS and gitaxian affect the metagame. Splash to red is great but versus combo decks is good deck?
    Playing the following cards maindeck like in the list i posted last page gives the deck great game against both combo and tempo...

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog (fast win condition)
    4 Thought-Knot Seer (thoughtseize with a 4/4 attached to it)

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Still unsure why people are saying MUD is bad against combo. Lodestone, Chalice, Trinisphere/Thorn, Wasteland, and a fast clock is about as good of a non-BUG combo gameplan as you can ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Playing the following cards maindeck like in the list i posted last page gives the deck great game against both combo and tempo...

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog (fast win condition)
    4 Thought-Knot Seer (thoughtseize with a 4/4 attached to it)
    The list you posted is Steel Stompy, which is a different deck. MUD is a Metalworker big mana combo deck.

#

I played my first post-ban Legacy last night and enjoyed myself. Wins were against Miracles and Food Chain, losses were to DnT and Maverick. Some quick takeaways:
    - Locally, the meta is still super fair. I assume this is because everyone's overboarding grave hate and scared to bring Reanimator.
    - Ballista continues to impress, though I need to get more disciplined at sitting on them. I have a tendency to run them out to deal with mana dorks, etc, but obviously they can win on the spot once you're in the late game.
    - I'm currently on 4 Spyglass in the 75, as DnT and Aggroloam are apparently very popular around here now. It wasn't terribly relevant for me last night, though it saved me from getting Ballista'd by Food Chain.
    - I think I want some Bridges in my board - I had 2 in there and cut them last minute. I lost my 3rd game against Maverick to a pair of 12/12 Knights, and then learned he only had a single Pridemage to deal with problematic artifacts, so Bridge would have been a pretty hard lock. It also has obvious applications against shit like Sneak & Show.
    - I had 2 seperate Forgemaster activations for Sundering Titan, and while I still won in both cases, a Blightsteel would have ended the game faster. I might bring him back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Still unsure why people are saying MUD is bad against combo. Lodestone, Chalice, Trinisphere/Thorn, Wasteland, and a fast clock is about as good of a non-BUG combo gameplan as you can ask for.

The list you posted is Steel Stompy, which is a different deck. MUD is a Metalworker big mana combo deck.

#

I played my first post-ban Legacy last night and enjoyed myself. Wins were against Miracles and Food Chain, losses were to DnT and Maverick. Some quick takeaways:
    - Locally, the meta is still super fair. I assume this is because everyone's overboarding grave hate and scared to bring Reanimator.
    - Ballista continues to impress, though I need to get more disciplined at sitting on them. I have a tendency to run them out to deal with mana dorks, etc, but obviously they can win on the spot once you're in the late game.
    - I'm currently on 4 Spyglass in the 75, as DnT and Aggroloam are apparently very popular around here now. It wasn't terribly relevant for me last night, though it saved me from getting Ballista'd by Food Chain.
    - I think I want some Bridges in my board - I had 2 in there and cut them last minute. I lost my 3rd game against Maverick to a pair of 12/12 Knights, and then learned he only had a single Pridemage to deal with problematic artifacts, so Bridge would have been a pretty hard lock. It also has obvious applications against shit like Sneak & Show.
    - I had 2 seperate Forgemaster activations for Sundering Titan, and while I still won in both cases, a Blightsteel would have ended the game faster. I might bring him back in.
    Can you post the decklist? S&T is very difficult for MUD but Maverick????, Two Walking Ballista is necessary.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Sneak and show is, was and always will be a problematic match pre board. Ive been pretty happy with my mavericks match amd rug match since i moved my new karns to the sb for grindy matches and put my two all is dust mb, instead. Also, im currently on a non traditional 2x to 3x monolith, as usual, but am also running only two forgemasters bc of stifle, and 3x thran dynamo to clost the mana gap. Been testing very well. Thorn has gotten less impressive mb bc of all the d and t, rug, gobbos and etc. They have felt oddly correct sb with a shift of a spyglass and the possible addition of mb crucible. Still on 2x staff to draw my deck bc of the newly lesser importnce of leovold. Storm has gotten even less scary, as theyve lost their training wheels. Now its blind therapies, which hurt a lot less. Lands have moved to 4x ports which can be shut down post board by tsabo's web. I may even add a second. Wail feels ok as insurance vs show and tell, but not great. Beware their new addition. That blue creature is gross amd becomes a must spyglass post board.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I am also interested in getting another ballista in sb if I play in an open meta or d and t and gobbos gets bigger in my meta. Here is my current working list.

Deck: Legacy MUD Post Ban 7-26-18.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:17
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    2 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Myr Battlesphere
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

Spells:21
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Grim Monolith
    1 Lightning Greaves
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Staff of Domination
    2 Trinisphere
    1 Coercive Portal
    3 Thran Dynamo
    2 All Is Dust
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:23
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Buried Ruin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    1 Karn Liberated
    1 Spine of Ish Sah

Apr 2018
    France

Interestingly we have the same conclusions : I have also brought 2 all is dust MB and moved out Karn.

Apr 2018
    France

I have just ID'ed the last local event in legacy with the following list :
    Creatures 18
    Blightsteel colossus 1
    Kuldotha Forgemaster 3
    Lodestone golem 4
    Metalworker 4
    Platinum emperion 1
    Sundering titan 1
    Wurmcoil engine 3
    Walking balista 1

Planeswalkers 2
    Ugin, the spirit dragon 2

Artifacts 18
    Chalice of the void 4
    Coercive portal 1
    Grim Monolith 3
    Lightning greaves 2
    Staff of domination 2
    Sorcerous Spyglass 2
    Trinisphere 2
    All is dust 2
    Lands 23
    Ancient tomb 4
    Cavern of souls 2
    City of traitors 3
    Cloudpost 4
    Glimmerpost 4
    Urborg 1
    Vesuva 2
    Wasteland 2
    Inventor's fair 1

Sideboard 15
    Duplicant 1
    Leyline of the void 4
    Orbs of warding 1
    Sorcerous spyglass 1
    Spine of Ish sah 1
    Ratchet bomb 2
    Warping wail 2
    Ensnaring Bridge 1
    Contagion Engine 1
    Tsabo's web 1

I really enjoyed Contagion Engine, it saved my ass against an angry rabblemaster and all its friends. I haven't met any MU where Tsabo's web were sided in (I encountered Burn x 2, D&T, Show & T, Dragon stompy, UR delver)
    Globally the list feels solid. I may switch again the sundering titan for a steel hellkite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    I have just ID'ed the last local event in legacy with the following list :

I really enjoyed Contagion Engine, it saved my ass against an angry rabblemaster and all its friends. I haven't met any MU where Tsabo's web were sided in (I encountered Burn x 2, D&T, Show & T, Dragon stompy, UR delver)
    Globally the list feels solid. I may switch again the sundering titan for a steel hellkite.
    D&T is one of the matchups where Tsabo's Web should go in.

I just got my foil metalworkers and monoliths :)

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by 1ron View Post
    Indeed, I did it but I haven't found them (sorry, I was a bit tired and forget to mention this). I had the luck to be the aggressive player for these games. My opponent only wasted me once if I remember correctly.
    G1 it was :
    T1 : ancient tomb, chalice on 1. he went plain go
    T2 : ancient tomb, lodestone. Plain go.
    T3 : cloudpost, lodestone. Port go.
    T4 : glimmerpost, grim monolith, greaves, wurmcoil. Concede.

And G2 it was a bit similar.
    T1 : plain go. Ancient tomb, grim monolith, trinisphere (I usually keep one or two on the draw)
    T2 : wasteland go. Cloudpost go
    T3 : port, destroyed my cloudpost go. Cloudpost go.
    T4 : nothing. Cloudpost, untap grim.
    T5 : plain vial. Glimmerpost walking balista
    T6. Flicker my balista etc ...
    He built a board, and begin to be threatening until I played contagion engine to destroy his creatures with him having an empty hand.

Congrats on your pimp !

Apr 2018
    France

(Short) report on side events from GP Bruxelles incoming.
    The list I was playing did not performed very well and it feels I will play the third trinisphere + 4 grim monolith again.
    Overall I did a 2-2-2 with this deck. (ID, in reality it is 4-2). But I kept poor hands, I should have mulliganed more agressively.
    I was lucky to win lots of games thanks to perfect topdecks + unluck from my opponent.

Globally I played against :
    - BR réa (lost)
    - Stoneblade (win)
    - Elves (win)

- BR réa (lost)
    - Food chain (win)
    - Agro loam (win by miracle)

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Deck still has legs. I let my buddy run my list last saturday amd he went 4.0.1 (ID) at a local event vs people who knew what he was playing. Woulda been 5.0 nc they played it out. He played vs mircles, rug delver, elves, ub reanimator and something that i missed rd 2. Honestly, from what he said it was bridge mvp post board.

Has anyone tried a welder build yet? I picked up welders, blood suns and would probably pick up ash barrens, a single mountain and some faithless lootings. As background, my whole deck is foil, so i have the odd sitcon of needing dumbly expensive faithless lootings lol.

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Deck still has legs. I let my buddy run my list last saturday amd he went 4.0.1 (ID) at a local event vs people who knew what he was playing. Woulda been 5.0 nc they played it out. He played vs mircles, rug delver, elves, ub reanimator and something that i missed rd 2. Honestly, from what he said it was bridge mvp post board.

Has anyone tried a welder build yet? I picked up welders, blood suns and would probably pick up ash barrens, a single mountain and some faithless lootings. As background, my whole deck is foil, so i have the odd sitcon of needing dumbly expensive faithless lootings lol.
    Can you please share your Welder build?

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    Hell, I'll just go with "Can you share photos of your foil deck?".
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Hell, I'll just go with "Can you share photos of your foil deck?".
    I can gladly share photos of my foil MUD deck...complete with foil City of Traitors. :)

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I can gladly share photos of my foil MUD deck...complete with foil City of Traitors. :)
    Glorious.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Whoa, that's the foil I am missing, foil cot. That's dedication. Other than that, my whole deck is pimp too.

Who is going to ew? I am psyched. After the 22nd place finish last year, i just want to do better.

http://www.cardtitan.com/eternal_weekend

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by 1ron View Post
    With d and t and lands being enormous meta decks, tsabo's web feels like a must. May even run 3rd spyglass and a second web sb. Dont wanna die to a port or waste vs d and t, an otherwise easy match. Lands is a match that sucks already. Dont need to make it easier on them. As it is, they are running 4x port and 4x waste and 0 to 1 gq, thank god. Its gotten slightly better.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I'm still brewing what exactly i want to do with welders. Since there aren't any drs anymore, i feel like it could be well placed. It is the original version of the deck. I really dunno. It would require heavy testing. Id be on ash barrens and maybe 2 mts. Already run 3x cavern, might go to 4. Blood sun seems excellent. Allows us to survive path, btb and gq. Dunno

Thread Information