Page 218 of 243 FirstFirst ... 118168208214215216217218219220221222228 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

I've recently decided to rebuild MUD and I've been trying Ballista, I've got to say I'm really not a fan of it. Costs way too much for what it does, IMO.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    I've recently decided to rebuild MUD and I've been trying Ballista, I've got to say I'm really not a fan of it. Costs way too much for what it does, IMO.
    That's maybe fair, but in the decks where it is good it is stupid good. It helps vs a couple of usually meh matches, and adds a second "oops, i win", with metalworker amd staff. Also kills on any board, even a clogged one. Ive won more games recently that way than any other, honestly. Can also be value played on 2 vs d and t or infect of wtv, just to control the board and tick up from time to time.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Interesting to hear everyone trimming down on Trinisphere; I've been liking it less lately, too. It's tempting to replace them with MD Thorn, though I'm apprehensive about taxing our own Ugins. He's so frequently a get-out-of-jail-free card, so I'd hate to shut myself out of a win because I can't afford to pay 9 or 10 to cast him. Maybe when you're running both Ballista and Ugin you can afford the risk, though, as Ballista gives you another pseudo-sweeper.
    I usually run 4x thorn mb, bc its gross. Thorn into lodestone is actual gg vs many, many decks amd makes many of our matches unwinnable for opponents. Strix is a nuecence, but is one of the few cards not torched by this combo of other cards. I have had many people they would rather play into chalice than like 2 thorns and a lodestone.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

As an aside, i have been testing with the side razormane masticore, and it is very, very good where i want it to be. It kills leovold, thalia and other super issue creatures, and swings right through strixes. It has been coming in vs like every creature deck, and been doing hard work. I think it will be in my sb at my next comp rel event, assuming i go. I am still working on the rest of the board. I dunno how many of you have been blown out by a back to basics, ever, but it feels awful. Have also been testing nev disc. Im not entirely sure how i feel about it. Fetching it on opponent's endstep to blow on my turn feels good, although wear and tear or disenchant are annoying. What do you all use to remove back to basics, bc if i cannot fetch spine of ish sah, because it is in my hand or wtv, btb is the most feel bads.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    That's maybe fair, but in the decks where it is good it is stupid good. It helps vs a couple of usually meh matches, and adds a second "oops, i win", with metalworker amd staff. Also kills on any board, even a clogged one. Ive won more games recently that way than any other, honestly. Can also be value played on 2 vs d and t or infect of wtv, just to control the board and tick up from time to time.
    Would you say I should run a Staff of Domination alongside Ballista?

I cut Staff from my deck back in the day.
    ''The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.'' Lord Eddard Stark - A Game of Thrones

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

If youre running ballista, you should be running the infinite mana combo. Also i find that with leovold everywhere, it helps to draw a card on opponent turns. Also helps vs show and tell and reanimator, which are both currently endemic around here.

I think im a good to go for scg Worcester, guys. Wish me luck!

Feb 2015
    Brazil

If youre running ballista, you should be running the infinite mana combo. Also i find that with leovold everywhere, it helps to draw a card on opponent turns. Also helps vs show and tell and reanimator, which are both currently endemic around here.

I think im a good to go for scg Worcester, guys. Wish me luck!
    Good luck man, may the robot overlords bless you.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Had that annoying experience of being live until rd 9...then dying to the slow tick up of a ratchet bomb behind a bridge drawing like 20+ cards and finding no answers or tutors. Other than that i had a pretty good day 1. Ill try to craft a more official report when i can look over my notes. If only i knew we could both get in to day 2 on a draw....

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Ok, so I don't know how many of you have been following today's spoilers, but...did you see the artifact that shuts down the mana accelerant lands?

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

Ok, so I don't know how many of you have been following today's spoilers, but...did you see the artifact that shuts down the mana accelerant lands?
    Link?

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Froggy View Post
    Link?
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...eak-2018-03-08

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Cards that drew my attention, in order:

Karn, Scion of Urza
    Legendary Planeswalker — Karn
    +1: Reveal the top two cards of your library. An opponent chooses one of them. Put that card into your hand and exile the other with a silver counter on it.
    −1: Put a card you own with a silver counter on it from exile into your hand.
    −2: Create a 0/0 colorless Construct artifact creature token with "This creature gets +1/+1 for each artifact you control."

-----
    Urza's Tome
    Artifact
    3, T: Draw a card. Then discard a card unless you exile a historic card from your graveyard. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)

-----
    Damping Sphere
    Artifact
    If a land is tapped for two or more mana, it produces C instead of any other type and amount.
    Each spell a player casts costs 1 more to cast for each other spell that player has cast this turn.

-----
    Last edited by Silverflame; 03-08-2018 at 11:39 PM.

I've missed MUD after playing Eldrazi for a while and rebuilt it. Went 3-1 today losing to Infect. I cut down to 2 Trinispheres as well and want to go up to 4 Thorn in the SB due to 4cc's dominance.
    I think the new Karn fits right in vs control match ups (4cc especially). Since Karn isn't an artifact, it can't be K. Command destroyed and "draws" you cards over Leovold.
    I'd slot in the Karn or even Coercive Portal over Urza's Tome anyday.

Jan 2010
    UK

massive hype about it - everybody wants to play it against everything. It shuts down Cradle, Post lands, Sol Lands, hoses Storm. I think it is the same power level as Grafdigger's Cage. It does look scary and because we don't have a way to deal with it it seems problematic BUT...hey if things get really bad we can always transform - cut post lands and add Thran Dynamo and Voltaic Key like in the past. I missed that new Karn - seems solid.

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

I'm playing in the Legacy Challenge on MTGO, 2-1 right now, 3 more rounds to go.

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post
    I'd slot in the Karn or even Coercive Portal over Urza's Tome anyday.
    Agreed, except in red MUD, where it is also an enabler.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by AmokPL View Post
    massive hype about it - everybody wants to play it against everything. It shuts down Cradle, Post lands, Sol Lands, hoses Storm. I think it is the same power level as Grafdigger's Cage. It does look scary and because we don't have a way to deal with it it seems problematic BUT...hey if things get really bad we can always transform - cut post lands and add Thran Dynamo and Voltaic Key like in the past. I missed that new Karn - seems solid.
    You can skip voltaic key, run chalice and voltaic servant.

Tomb, Grim Monolith, Voltaic Servant seems like an ok turn 1. Not as explosive as voltaic key, but still nice.

Tomb, Grim Monolith Voltaic Key Karn is much nicer though :-)

Hi

Played local tournament tday (went 3-1)

R1: UW delver (with Thalia, Heretic Cathar) 0:2

R2: burn (noob player) - 2:0
    G1: - T1 sphere
    G2: - T1 challice

R3: Bug control - 2:1
    G1: T1 Sorcerouss spyglass on on land keep (verdant catacomb)
    his hand: (Verdant catacomb, deathrite shaman, Push, Strix, Decay, TNN, Pulse)
    G2: 40min game - got control magic on my wurmcoil, stabilized last turn before death with kuldotha for platinum emperion
    Liliana + pernicious deed got me
    G3: T1 Sourcerouss spyglass on verdant catacomb
    hand: (Liliana, TNN, Control Magic, Verdant catacomb, underground sea, deathrite shaman)
    T2 Golem = GG

R4: Food Chain BUG
    G1: opp mulligan to 5 (I keep 7)
    Golem got forced so Wurmcoil finished his job
    G2:
    T2: got hymned T2 for Sphere + Golem
    T3: 2nd golem got forced
    After I make board again he went off (time when I realized he is not a BUG sth. but food chain)
    G3: Kept 6card hand with 2 metalworkers
    T2: metalworker
    T3: Golem, kuldotha, wurmcoil, monolith
    in his T3 he had combo but golem made his job
    T4: he tried trinket mage - kuldotha for 2nd Golem --> GG

I played legacy after a 1year period. So probably made some mistakes (know about 1 in first round, but there were some close keeps), also deck was going pretty well - u know how can be mud frustrating time to time
    Sorcerouss spyglass --> rly good card, will include more in MB
    Coercive portal --> not good enough

Decklist:

//Artifact (17)
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Coercive Portal
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Lightning Greaves
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Spine of Ish Sah
    1 Staff of Domination
    3 Trinisphere

//Artifact Creature (18)
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 Metalworker
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Steel Hellkite
    3 Wurmcoil Engine

//Planeswalker (1)
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

//Land (24)
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Buried Ruin
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Crystal Vein
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    2 Vesuva
    2 Wasteland

SB: 1 All Is Dust
    SB: 1 Batterskull
    SB: 1 Contagion Engine
    SB: 1 Crucible of Worlds
    SB: 1 Duplicant
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle
    SB: 1 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 1 Spine of Ish Sah
    SB: 1 Sundering Titan
    SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 1 Torpor Orb
    SB: 1 Tsabo's Web
    SB: 2 Warping Wail

* Caverns of souls (dont have them)
    * pithing needle in SB (dont have 2nd sorcerouss spyglass yet --> thinking about MB both)

Fizzling Since '03
    Mar 2011
    Canada

How have you liked not running Walking Ballista?

-Adsum

-ChrisMeister on MTGO

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Spyglass is def better than needle for obv reasons. Also, why no faerie macabre sb? You have zero t1 interaction for reanimator if they chancellor you and you have a tapped land or on the draw. Seems like a mistake.

Thread Information