Page 240 of 243 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243 LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Mar 2016
    Long Island, New York

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Also of sphere feels better than 3 ball in testing. It hits every strategy and doesnt cause a self lockout nearly as easilly

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    He exercises his right to bear arms.

Yes I asked because of Karn and Wrenn.
    Wrenn+Wasteland you can combat via Spyglass, of course. But Karn is giving me headaches.

If you were deadset on running the 12 post metalworker + lodestones, kuldothas, wurmcoils, blightsteel etc build, would you try to fit in new Karns of your own?
    I tried for a few rounds and I'm not quite sure if I even like him in there.

Any suggestions on secret weapons or strategies against him?

Edit: I'm asking these questions because I had just finished the deck in paper two months prior Karns printing. I'm actually still learning it but am already really attached to these robots.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    I'd say it's the opposing Karns and also the fact that metalworker is fragile and needs to dodge removal for a turn to do work, compared to Rock+Key into walker/mystic forge which produces value right away.
    I agree on the fragile part. Metalworker didn't see much play even before Karn was printed. There's a reason legends MUD turned into Big Eldrazi, going from metalworker build to multiple mana-rocks build.

Karn is only in red stompy and bomberman, those matchups just got a lot harder. Especially red stompy which was a pretty good matchup (apart from occasional well-timed blowouts with fiery confluence).

I feel key is to design the deck in a way that it can beat RUG delver. I've always had trouble with this matchup and Wrenn & Six doesn't make it easier

Aug 2014
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

What's you guys opinion on Null Brooch?

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    What's you guys opinion on Null Brooch?
    I've played some in the past (in the sideboard).

It's nice with Ensnaring Bridge and Bottled Cloister. Also works with Ghirapur Orrery.

Mar 2016
    Long Island, New York

Cot promo alt art (that looks like city of brass) high prize for legacy champs na

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    He exercises his right to bear arms.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Storm is growing in numbers which is good for us, alas the stupid Stifle's prevents me from trying a MUD list again for now. Hopefully they will vanish soon

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Storm is growing in numbers which is good for us, alas the stupid Stifle's prevents me from trying a MUD list again for now. Hopefully they will vanish soon
    *POOF*

The side events at Magicfest Columbus will my first time playing MUD. I'm playing more of the older version with metalworker/blightsteel over karn/ugin. https://deckstats.net/decks/142627/1436915-mud/en
    However is the karn/lattice lock just that strong of an effect with this deck that it's worth completely moving the deck towards the planeswalker style?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by PuppyWuppy View Post
    The side events at Magicfest Columbus will my first time playing MUD. I'm playing more of the older version with metalworker/blightsteel over karn/ugin. https://deckstats.net/decks/142627/1436915-mud/en
    However is the karn/lattice lock just that strong of an effect with this deck that it's worth completely moving the deck towards the planeswalker style?
    This is now the thousand dollar question, tbh. Now that w6 is banned, hense poof, we should be back in business, as is lands. The walker version has a slightly lower curve to get started and doesnt utilize metalworkers due to a lower amount of artifacts. Null rod will begin to be played more bc grixis and ru delver will proliferate, which may be enough reason. Idk. Bridge will still be good, although how good I dunno. We're doing some testing locally later today and we may have more answers then. Stifle will drop a little in its utilization, but I dunno if itll totally dissapear nownthat people finally remember it exists. Walkers cannot utilize caverns either. Not 100pct but may run a defense grid sb for now. I expect miracles to also be on an uptick, so theres that.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Imma try this as a starting point post w6 ban:

Deck: Legacy Colorless Superfriends 11-24-19.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:7
    1 Walking Ballista
    3 Thought-Knot Seer
    2 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Artifacts:18
    3 Chalice of the Void
    1 Manifold Key
    3 Grim Monolith
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Mystic Forge
    2 Thran Dynamo

Others:10
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    4 Karn, the Great Creator
    2 Ugin, the Ineffable
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:26
    4 Ancient Tomb
    3 Blast Zone
    1 Buried Ruin
    1 Cascading Cataracts
    1 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Karakas
    3 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    1 Walking Ballista
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Razormane Masticore
    1 Chalice of the Void
    1 Defense Grid
    1 Liquimetal Coating
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Mystic Forge
    1 Nevinyrral's Disk
    1 Batterskull
    1 Orbs of Warding
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Spine of Ish Sah

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlenasty View Post
    Yes I asked because of Karn and Wrenn.
    Wrenn+Wasteland you can combat via Spyglass, of course. But Karn is giving me headaches.

If you were deadset on running the 12 post metalworker + lodestones, kuldothas, wurmcoils, blightsteel etc build, would you try to fit in new Karns of your own?
    I tried for a few rounds and I'm not quite sure if I even like him in there.

Any suggestions on secret weapons or strategies against him?

Edit: I'm asking these questions because I had just finished the deck in paper two months prior Karns printing. I'm actually still learning it but am already really attached to these robots.
    New karn isnt really good in a metalworker list. Its tight and wants a lot of artifacts. I think new ugin is a much better addition to metalworker mud than new karn. I dont even like old 4 mana karn either in that deck. Mythic Forge is just straight up a better card in the 4 drop spot. Also run thorns, it barely hits you in that deck and is boss prison with lodestone. If you want an actual draw Engine, ghirrapur orrery with or without bottled cloister, staff of nin, and or a second staff of dom are all better. I like the utility of second staff of dom, and always start there.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

So after testing yesterday I definitely liked the goloses in the build and would likely add another. I'm considering putting a wasteland in the deck since i can summon it at will though. Blast zones past 2 may be still necessary. Remember that grixis delver is still a deck. I do maybe think adding a maze of ith can be ok, although it doesnt help vs sns as much as mb bridges.

I could also be talked into a candles or another key most likely. They're both so busted in the deck.

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    New karn isnt really good in a metalworker list. Its tight and wants a lot of artifacts. I think new ugin is a much better addition to metalworker mud than new karn. I dont even like old 4 mana karn either in that deck. Mythic Forge is just straight up a better card in the 4 drop spot. Also run thorns, it barely hits you in that deck and is boss prison with lodestone. If you want an actual draw Engine, ghirrapur orrery with or without bottled cloister, staff of nin, and or a second staff of dom are all better. I like the utility of second staff of dom, and always start there.
    Oh thank you for the late answer. Figured that out myself and dropped New Karn rather quickly. It just won't fit in Metalworker MUD for various reasons.

This is the list I'm on right now. I don't play it that often, so I'm still inexperienced with it.
    Do you find any major flaws? (Except for deciding for a Metalworker list to begin with)
    I feel like here and there the gears aren't shifting like I would want them to.

4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Trinisphere
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    4x Grim Monolith
    4x Metalworker
    4x Lodestone Golem
    3x Kuldotha Forgemaster
    3x Wurmcoil Engine
    1x Steel Hellkite
    1x Sundering Titan
    1x Platinum Emperion
    1x Blightsteel Colossus
    1x Lightning Greaves
    1x Staff of Domination
    1x Staff of Nin
    1x Spine of Ish Sah
    2x Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

4x Ancient Tomb
    4x City of Traitors
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Glimmerpost
    3x Vesuva
    3x Cavern of Souls
    1x Inventors Fair
    1x Buried Ruins

SB:
    2x Thorn of Amethyst
    2x Ratched Bomb
    2x Ensnaring Bridge
    1x Spine of Ish Sah
    2x All is Dust
    4x Leyline of the Void
    2x "flexy spots" where I use to run toys like Coercive Portal or Witchbane Orb/Orbs of warding, Trading Post and the like... Mostly Stuff that is mentioned in the Primer.

I have basically everthing I need for the Colorless Superfriends build or Welder Mud for example. But I really want to keep it 12 Post Metalworker for flavor reasons. This is "just" a pet deck of mine and I'm ok with losing a few matches to tier 1 decks. Still love the robots though and want them to do as good as possible. Keep in mind, I play against a lot of tier 2 and fringe/niche decks that are not to common nowadays. Goblins, Infect, Painter, Nic Fit, Bant, Jund, Mono Black Aggro mixed with more common DTBs. So I'm trying to build towards a very open and "unknown" field.
    I also have 1 Mystic Forge. Would you play it over Staff of Nin? Or next to it? It looks kind of great, but with Metalworker I'm not sure if I want to refill my hand rather than casting of the top. Though I see the synergy between Little Ugin and Forge. Will have to try that.
    Orrerys I own aswell but no Cloister.. so I'll drop that idea for now.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Yes, with metalworker drawing cards can be superior to playing them off the top. With a bunch of narset and leovold gunna be back in the format you may want to consider just running 2 staff of dom. I did last time there was a lot of bug midrange, control and delver and it won me hella games.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Orrery / cloister combo is best when there is a zero or whatever artifact hate meta. Like is basically going to be now. I'm less worried about getting my hand blown out than I am of getting stuck under a leo or narset

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Oh and the flex slots should probably be spatial contortions. Bc some stuff needs to die and occasionally it helps to kill someone with a wurmcoil. Both of which are good in the same matches.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

My last stable list for metalworker mud looked like this before I settled on using the Walker build:

Deck: Legacy NEW MUD 11-20-19.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:18
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

Artifacts:17
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Grim Monolith
    1 Lightning Greaves
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Staff of Domination
    2 Thran Dynamo

Others:2
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:24
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Buried Ruin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    2 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Crystal Vein
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Karakas
    1 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    1 Stonecoil Serpent
    1 Walking Ballista
    1 Razormane Masticore
    1 Emrakul, the Promised End
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Mystic Forge
    1 Orbs of Warding
    1 Spine of Ish Sah
    1 All Is Dust
    3 Leyline of the Void

Been noticing lists with ensnaring bridge in the side board that is not running the karn+lattice package. Can someone explain to me what match ups is bridge brought in against?

It's brought in against lists, that slam big creatures fast. Basically Sneakshow, Reanimator, Depths.

Thread Information