Page 221 of 243 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

I am defoiling my MUD list. I have had these cards a long time, and they've gained a lot of equity. I have currently got all 71 cards from the deck and the extended sb up on FB high end, and etc. I will also include a list here. PM me or message me on FB if you are interested. Thanks, Alex. PS: I AM NOT QUITTING MUD. The deck is my baby, and I love it waaaaaay too much for that. Lol.

This is a link to the list of cards, itself: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    Yeah I totally agree with you.
    My list (below) is very similar to yours. The main difference is that I don't run Spyglasses MD but instead thorn of amethyst. I enjoyed the 2 lists but with a metagame filled of Delver & 4c control (or at least the DRS - Ponder - BS - FoW shell) I really enjoyed these cards. Of course a well placed wasteland can destroy us but I hope to get a quick grim monolith in those MU.

On another topic I have started to fill a "result sheet" that allows me to keep statistics with different MU. It is only recent so for now it doesn't say a lot but you can take a look here if you want. I can also send an excel file by private message if needed.
    I see what you mean, my list is geared towards brazillian meta, that is usually filled with midrange decks. RUG and BUG delver are being less used here in favor of grixis, so spyglass helps me against a wider range of popular decks (it's mostly a dead card only against Burn).
    I think the sheet may be very helpful on deciding how to sideboard, but it looks hard to maintain. I believe Airwave have a friend that kept one like that.

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    I am defoiling my MUD list. I have had these cards a long time, and they've gained a lot of equity. I have currently got all 71 cards from the deck and the extended sb up on FB high end, and etc. I will also include a list here. PM me or message me on FB if you are interested. Thanks, Alex. PS: I AM NOT QUITTING MUD. The deck is my baby, and I love it waaaaaay too much for that. Lol.

This is a link to the list of cards, itself: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&theater&ifg=1
    This is a long shot but are you interested in foil BUG shit?
    Once you go Legacy...

Hi,

I have seen decks that has 4x darksteel citadels in it, is it really good having d.steel citadels on the deck?

thanks!
    Team Budget
    "Deadly When Hungry"

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    I see what you mean, my list is geared towards brazillian meta, that is usually filled with midrange decks. RUG and BUG delver are being less used here in favor of grixis, so spyglass helps me against a wider range of popular decks (it's mostly a dead card only against Burn).
    I think the sheet may be very helpful on deciding how to sideboard, but it looks hard to maintain. I believe Airwave have a friend that kept one like that.
    Actually it is quite fast as everything is automatized. About the sideboard cards : I don't keep a real history of it as I usually don't hesitate for long to what cards I should side in/out.
    The main interest is to know what are your "auto win" MU and what are your worst MU in order to get some modifications on your SB to gain a few win %.
    I will try to keep a record of sideboard history so if anyone is interested we can share thoughts on it.

cin
    I have seen decks that has 4x darksteel citadels in it, is it really good having d.steel citadels on the deck
    thanks!
    I don't think the deck can allow itself to have lands producing only 1 mana without any supplementary effects. The ones we have currently are either
    - cavern against FOW-daze MU
    - Glimmerpost to boost cloudpost
    - inventor's fair as a tutor
    - wasteland as a mana denial
    (- thespian stage as a utility land)
    I don't want to cut any of these to get indestructible, artifact lands. The upside of an early kuldotha is just too risky. You can't lose you lands + possible creatures just for an artifact that can eat a Liliana - edict - StP etc

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    I'm still here, lists are what outdated though, I've made trips to Big Eldrazi and Men of Steel but I'll always come back to MUD of course :)
    Sideboard guide is found on p. 138 of this thread.

I'm not actually sure which direction to go with MUD, more control or more aggro, I sure hope the new sphere won't see much play, that will hurt Cloudpost strategies a lot

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Nope. Not interested in more foils. Im defoiling and never foiling a deck again, please.

Apr 2018
    France

Nope. Not interested in more foils. Im defoiling and never foiling a deck again, please.
    Noooo :p
    I'm also a foiled MUD deck player. Although I only have 1 foiled grim monolith, the 3 Grim and 4 metalworker are altered for budget reasons. I am very proud of my metalworkers though (I will put a photo of theses altered cards this evening if asked)
    Obviously I don't own any foiled city of traitors ...

@ Airwave
    I personnaly prefer the more control-ish deck as you have bigger threat than usual players, and if they can't cast any spells they will not be able to remove it anyway.

I also have a question about your thoughts between steel hellkite and sundering titan, steel is very good against delver and non flyer deck but almost worthless against any strix deck. Whereas sundering titan is very nice against all greedy decks. What are you usually prefering ?

I was planning on foiling MUD in the future, as I dont have the cash to burn right now. Would have loved to inherit your foil MUD stuff. :( May I ask why you are defoiling?

@Airwave: I've gone from MUD to Stax, Eldrazi, big and small, Thalia Stompy, and gone back to MUD. Its just such a classic deck. We all meet again here, lol.

I'm running Darksteel Citadels right now as my meta is Lands heavy. But also running a very modified version to address that specific meta problem (more controlling list). I'll report here after my games on Friday.

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post

I'm running Darksteel Citadels right now as my meta is Lands heavy. But also running a very modified version to address that specific meta problem (more controlling list). I'll report here after my games on Friday.
    I definitely look forward to your report and your list. If you have managed to get a deck surviving lands MU and still pretty explosive I may be in love with your deck

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Noooo :p
    I'm also a foiled MUD deck player. Although I only have 1 foiled grim monolith, the 3 Grim and 4 metalworker are altered for budget reasons. I am very proud of my metalworkers though (I will put a photo of theses altered cards this evening if asked)
    Obviously I don't own any foiled city of traitors ...

@ Airwave
    I personnaly prefer the more control-ish deck as you have bigger threat than usual players, and if they can't cast any spells they will not be able to remove it anyway.

I also have a question about your thoughts between steel hellkite and sundering titan, steel is very good against delver and non flyer deck but almost worthless against any strix deck. Whereas sundering titan is very nice against all greedy decks. What are you usually prefering ?
    I prefer Steel Hellkite these days, Sundering Titan is crucial in matchups where threads are continuously removed with Sword/Terminus or any other removals. But I hardly see any swords anymore, except in Death and Taxes. Miracles sees less play than in the past too.

Also, in 9 out of 10 cases I forgemaster for either Blightsteel (for the kill) or Platinum (for survival) and Steel Hellkite is more easy to cast than Sundering Titan.

In the control shell I mostly play none of the above at all and go for Karn and Ugin (+Bridge).

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Foiling was an achievement i worked towards for a long time. It wound up building a lot of equity. Many of my buddies actually tried to talk me out of defoiling, but many more agree that if i was going to, now seemed like the time. Im still playing mud, tho. So im going to spend my time looking over actual strategy questions next chance i get. I wanna play at scg con in June so I've got to be ready

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    I'm still here, lists are what outdated though, I've made trips to Big Eldrazi and Men of Steel but I'll always come back to MUD of course :)
    Sideboard guide is found on p. 138 of this thread.

I'm not actually sure which direction to go with MUD, more control or more aggro, I sure hope the new sphere won't see much play, that will hurt Cloudpost strategies a lot
    I hear that. I feel like sphere is going to be in a lot of fairer decks in the sb to deal with storm and etc. It will cause collateral damage to us as well tho. Gotta see what comes in the first couple of large legacy events.

bruizar

Calling all colorless fighters out there, Zhalfirin Void seems like the real deal. Really want to bring this card to your attention once more as it fixes one of the bigger problems of the deck.

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Calling all colorless fighters out there, Zhalfirin Void seems like the real deal. Really want to bring this card to your attention once more as it fixes one of the bigger problems of the deck.
    It was already mentionned a few pages before. I am not personnaly sure about this land. Of course the deck is missing tools for cantrips but I am not sure we can afford this type of land. I prefer by far wasteland, cavern of souls or inventor's fair. I am more inclined to add Karn for this purpose.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

It was already mentionned a few pages before. I am not personnaly sure about this land. Of course the deck is missing tools for cantrips but I am not sure we can afford this type of land. I prefer by far wasteland, cavern of souls or inventor's fair. I am more inclined to add Karn for this purpose.
    I really like the card, but I already like the options MUD has. The SOL-lands are a given, then Cloudpost-package, which is at least 10 cards I think. So 18 spots taken. Then there are both Wasteland and Cavern of Souls which are both really great. And then there's Inventors' Fair as well. So many choices.

Maybe there will be more room if the sphere will reck us and cloudpost-package is no longer an option. But I'll guess we'll need to re-evaluate our strategy completely then.

Apr 2018
    France

I really like the card, but I already like the options MUD has. The SOL-lands are a given, then Cloudpost-package, which is at least 10 cards I think. So 18 spots taken. Then there are both Wasteland and Cavern of Souls which are both really great. And then there's Inventors' Fair as well. So many choices.

Maybe there will be more room if the sphere will reck us and cloudpost-package is no longer an option. But I'll guess we'll need to re-evaluate our strategy completely then.
    Exactly my fears, I will tell you what is the current part of the sphere in the meta next week. Let's keep in mind that dominaria has just been released so either every player will try to test the card or they haven't been able yet to get their playset.
    If we would have to abandon the cloudpost package I may be going to Eldrazi, or big eldrazi. But I guess it will be fine... usually people are more interested in the taxing effect where sphere of resistance is better. The land part is more for modern. I mean there are only cloudpost, eldrazi and us that are playing with sol lands (I don't count Show and Tell that is not very affected, same goes for dragon stompy). Eldrazi stompy is the only non-rogue deck and I am not sure that taking a slot in sideboard is a good idea for them. I think it may be better for them to prepare for MU against czech pile, lands, burn, delver and all its versions, D&T, elves, storm etc.

bruizar

I see what you're saying. I dislike wasteland however, the land drops are too important imo.

Feb 2015
    Berkeley, CA

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I see what you're saying. I dislike wasteland however, the land drops are too important imo.
    I have the same opinion - Wasteland is not must have in the deck. I am in no way expert in MUD, however I think 4x Wasteland are less helpful in the deck than a bunch of sol lands with spheres, thorns, and chalices. And by playing more one-mana lands we just deprive ourselves from a better chance of putting a threat in play on the first turn.

I also think that land destruction strategy perhaps is better in STAXX-like decks as it fits there more organically.
    ---
    Carpe Diem

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Chronatog View Post
    I have the same opinion - Wasteland is not must have in the deck. I am in no way expert in MUD, however I think 4x Wasteland are less helpful in the deck than a bunch of sol lands with spheres, thorns, and chalices. And by playing more one-mana lands we just deprive ourselves from a better chance of putting a threat in play on the first turn.

I also think that land destruction strategy perhaps is better in STAXX-like decks as it fits there more organically.
    The biggest reason why we lose is because of inconsistency and mulligans. There is now a land that helps fix this problem and does it without a mana cost and without a drawback besides being a non-basic land.

I know the land seems like it doesn't have a lot of impact but it addresses the one problem that causes mud players to lose most frequently: consistency. It should get tested at least.

Thread Information