Page 211 of 243 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Been really skeptical about mirage mirror, but have yet to test it. Someonone who has tried a list with mirror tell me the pros and cons of the card. It seems bad to me because it demands a pre-existing boardstate, but who knows, I could be completely wrong.

Completely get what you are saying. It does require a preexisting board state but the fact it can copy lands is a possible upside. Being able to copy a goyf and block a creature is pretty big. I think the pros are going to outweigh the cons but only time will tell. I'll give an update when I played against my buddy before we head for Indianapolis for Gencon. He has a Big Red Suprise, Bug Delver, Elves, Black Red reanimator, Death and Taxes and TES built. It should be a pretry good gauntlet to run it though. If it sucks I'll go to 3 Wurmcoil Engine and 3 Walking Ballista.

can mirage mirror target a card from a graveyard?

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    can mirage mirror target a card from a graveyard?
    Pretty sure the answer is no. However the gatherer has no specific guidelines about this at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2014
    West Lafayette, IN

No, is correct. Your graveyard list cards in that zone specifically as cards. so Mirror would have to say target creature card, land card or artifact card.

Oct 2015
    Virginia

Took MUD to an event, had mirage mirror stave off marit lage today and eat several counter spells because people were scared of it.
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

Quote Originally Posted by TTX View Post
    Pretty sure the answer is no. However the gatherer has no specific guidelines about this at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yeah I checked gatherer too, and usually it says "on the battlefield" to specify a card can't be targetted in gy, so two guys say no, guessing thats close to confirmed. I guess otherwise it'd be too good right?

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    yeah I checked gatherer too, and usually it says "on the battlefield" to specify a card can't be targetted in gy, so two guys say no, guessing thats close to confirmed. I guess otherwise it'd be too good right?
    If 'target creature' meant 'target creature card in any zone' then there would be plenty of extra weird things that other cards could do e.g. Swords to Plowshares could be used like a Surgical Extraction.

114.2. Only permanents are legal targets for spells and abilities, unless a spell or ability (a) specifies that it can target an object in another zone or a player, (b) targets an object that can’t exist on the battlefield, such as a spell or ability, or (c) targets a zone.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I've Been really happy with 2 MD mirrors, up to the point where a D&T player said "yeah, this is a very bad match for me, GG" when I went 2-0. First game he revoked the t2 mirror, but Ballista set it free, so a few turns later I was swinging with 2 wurmcoils. He jailed the coil and proceeded to attack with flickerwisp, but mirror copied the wisp and saved the coil. Metalworker came down and soon I was threatening to beat with 2 blighsteels (1 mirror) so he conceded.
    Second game went faster with a hand full of posts and Thought-knot, I drew a monolith and thought-knotted his t2 SoFI from stoneforge, then came metalworker and ballista for 7 clearing the board.
    Last edited by Silverflame; 08-12-2017 at 12:07 AM.

I ended up playing this list at gencon, pretty happy with it overall. Didn't play the mirror in the 75 since I'm not sure how it is yet. I'm working on a home in the 75 now. I'll update when I see how it is.

23 land

4 cloudpost
    4 glimmerpost
    2 wasteland
    2 inventors fair
    4 city of traitors
    4 ancient tomb
    3 cavern of souls

Creatures 18
    3 walking ballista
    4 metalworker
    4 lodestone hole
    2 kuldotha forgemaster
    3 wurmcoil engine
    1 blightsteel colossus
    1 platinum emperion

Non creature artifacts 19
    4 chalice of the void
    4 lotus petal
    2 thorn of amethyst
    4 grim monolith
    3 trinisphere
    1 staff of domination
    1 spine of ish sah

Sb 15
    2 wasteland
    2 tormonds crypt
    1 walking ballista
    1 trinisphere
    3 faerie macabre
    3 spine of ish sag
    3 phyrexian revoker

We hung in the magic event area 90% of the time we spent there. I played against d&t, maverick, U/B reanimator, sneak and show, b/r reanimator, tin fins, b/g belcher , storm, mono red sneak attack, grixis delver. Pretty diverse field, mostly just pick up games. I would say it was probably in around 55-65% win percentage. Some games were in small comp REL events for a bye at eternal weekend. The changes I made sped the deck up to where I was always able to have a way to cast turn 1 disruption. The late game was still viable with wurmcoil engine or a huge ballista that could dome them at any time. It played a faster, more stable game that didn't suffer from late game slow down. Every threat except metal worker is a beater. I think this was my favorite configuration to date. If someone gives it a try let me know what you think. Sorry for rambling I just got back home to pa from the con, it was a 10 hour drive lol

bruizar

Well.. never gonna finish my playset of foil grim monoliths i'm afraid..

Why what happened?

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Greiver View Post
    Why what happened?
    They jumped to $1k-$2k per foil

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    They jumped to $1k-$2k per foil
    Didn't think of that. Just saw 1 at GenCon for 1400. Just didn't put 2 and 2 together...

bruizar

So what about Sorcerous Spyglass? If there's going to be any deck, this card is made for MUD.

So what about Sorcerous Spyglass? If there's going to be any deck, this card is made for MUD.
    It competes with Revoker for the sideboard.
    Shutting down mana abilities with Revoker can be crucial, but shutting down utility lands seems also good. In MUD it's the better option than Needle for sure.

Perhaps a mainboard option for Legends MUD / Big Eldrazi...?

Quote Originally Posted by P210 View Post
    It competes with Revoker for the sideboard.
    Shutting down mana abilities with Revoker can be crucial, but shutting down utility lands seems also good. In MUD it's the better option than Needle for sure.

Perhaps a mainboard option for Legends MUD / Big Eldrazi...?
    Legends mud is good in this moment?

Decklist? Thanks

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

I'm really excited about this one, but have to test it.

Might even be considered for mainboard-use, the casting cost is better this way because of Chalice and looking at the opponent's hand is certainly useful!

bruizar

I'm suggesting it for the following sequences on the play. The percentage of hands you get with these type of blowouts will increase dramatically compared to just the chalice hands...:

Turn 1 ancient tomb -> spyglass name fetch land (this does double duty against DRS! No lands in GY = no mana from DRS so it's -2 mana instead of -1 often)
    Turn 2 wasteland

and

Turn 1 Ancient Tomb -> Chalice of the Void

Lantern in modern plays 4x pithing needle

I'm suggesting it for the following sequences on the play. The percentage of hands you get with these type of blowouts will increase dramatically compared to just the chalice hands...:

Turn 1 ancient tomb -> spyglass name fetch land (this does double duty against DRS! No lands in GY = no mana from DRS so it's -2 mana instead of -1 often)
    Turn 2 wasteland

and

Turn 1 Ancient Tomb -> Chalice of the Void

Lantern in modern plays 4x pithing needle

Sounds like a plan for a more lockdown / Stax orientated MUD...^^

By the way, Wasteland will turn DRS on again

Thread Information