Page 233 of 243 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

The Mengucci video that was just posted was really great but 3 Karn Scion of Urza seems overkill. With taking out Cloudposts he had a chance to run Goblin Welder with Great Furnace in there. He also could have cut a Voltaic Key as 2 seems to me to be too many. With that he could have played another Trinisphere. Walking Ballista is really powerful as removal but it's not much of a threat and the deck can win by slamming down a Wurmcoil or a Lodestone or a Forgemaster so I don't think it's needed. This is what I would run inspired by his list, not tested but I'm excited to try it out

4 Great Furnace
    4 Cavern Of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Metalworker
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Chalice Of The Void
    3 Trinisphere
    1 Lightning Greaves
    1 Staff Of Domination
    4 Goblin Welder
    1 Karn Scion of Urza
    1 Sundering Titan
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Voltaic Key
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Crucible of Worlds

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post
    The Mengucci video that was just posted was really great but 3 Karn Scion of Urza seems overkill. With taking out Cloudposts he had a chance to run Goblin Welder with Great Furnace in there. He also could have cut a Voltaic Key as 2 seems to me to be too many. With that he could have played another Trinisphere. Walking Ballista is really powerful as removal but it's not much of a threat and the deck can win by slamming down a Wurmcoil or a Lodestone or a Forgemaster so I don't think it's needed. This is what I would run inspired by his list, not tested but I'm excited to try it out

4 Great Furnace
    4 Cavern Of Souls
    4 Wasteland
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Darksteel Citadel
    4 Metalworker
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Chalice Of The Void
    3 Trinisphere
    1 Lightning Greaves
    1 Staff Of Domination
    4 Goblin Welder
    1 Karn Scion of Urza
    1 Sundering Titan
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Voltaic Key
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    That list seems reasonable, I agree it would be better than Mengucci's.

I'm running a weird list myself. Apart from the endbringer, that could be 2nd Karn/kuldotha, 4th Coil or 3rd Ballista, it seems to be running well, apart from missing artifact count sometimes, warranting me 2 top8 in a row in the weekly LGS tournament:

This was my run yesterday, as best as I remember:

Round 1 - UW Delver
    I'm paired with my former teammate. He played the Pro tour last month, being 1 game away from prize. Due to traffic, he is late but we managed to start the game with 30 minutes in the clock. He plays several decks, but lately he was running Elves, so that's what I think he is on.
    G1- I win the die roll and keep a tomb + chalice + metalworker +caverns hand. I see I'm wrong as he plays stoneforge mystic on the second turn, fetching for a jitte. On T3 I cast TKS and take his jitte. He casts 2 snapcasters to block my TKS (I saw his hand with TKS, so I'm well aware not to attack even beffore he casts the second), he gets a tnn and stall for a few turns, until he gets a batterskull and equips it. I'm bashed to 1 life, but I managed to get a kuldotha online, so when he goes for the kill, I fetch for an emperion. With post base, I'm soon with over 20 mana, so when I draw a staff, I'm able to draw 5 cards a turn and go infinite.

SB OUT: 3 wurmcoils, TKS, Endbringer, Trinisphere, 1 chalice
    SB IN: 1 Ratchet Bomb, All is Dust, 4 keys, Thorn
    I try a T1 monolith that gets dazed. He ponders and go for the 3rd land, casting a tnn. I have a Karn, Scion so I draw for a few turns trying to find an answer. I don't have 3 artifacts in play to crack the inventor's fair, only monolith and a dynamo. I fail to find the find the answer and die to tnn equipped with jitte.

IN: 1 chalice
    OUT: Thorn
    I keep a slow hand with 2 glimmers, cavern, 2 metalworker, 2 keys, ballista.
    I ramp to metalworker and attempt to cast the lodestone that gets forced. He plays delver and jitte, so I play caverns on construct, trade ballista . I have metalworker and 2 keys in play, 1 key in hand, so I get a total of 9 mana with my lands. I attack him a few times with metalworker as I have nothing to do with the mana. I topdeck a sundering titan that gets plowshared, but destroys his manabase he is slowed. He plays another delver, but I find an ugin to deal with it. Next turn I bolt him, taking Ugin to 11. He finds council and feels visibly relieved. I tpdeck another Ugin that ups and ults, not finding much, but enough to close the game.

1-0
    Rd2 - UW Miracles Legends
    This is a experienced player, we both know what the other is on. He tells me we are paired and we sit down for a smoke before playing.
    I lose the die roll.
    G1- I keep tomb + monolith+ chalice+ mw+ wurmcoil.
    I cast chalice, that gets fow'ed. He ponders and I play metalworker, bringing wurmcoil next turn. He plowshares the wurmcoil, I get Citanul online, he councils it, so I get a ballista. I draw a staff and go infinite.

SB IN: 2 Ratchet Bomb, 1 Ulamog, 1 Karn Liberated, 4 Voltaic Key, 1 All is Dust
    SB OUT: 3 wurmcoil, 1 Trinisphere, 1 staff, 2 spyglass (not sure if I should, he uses karakas as an engine)

He mulligans (he told me later he was looking for back to basics). I Mulligan to find a key + rock. He goes tundra go, I do nothing go. He plays plains and ponder. I vesuva his plains and go for key. a second vesuva copies his plains and go for monolith + chalice for 1. I start drawing and play cavern on construct and golem, so he can't do nothing to protect his manabase against Sundering Titan. I hit him once, then he finds an answer to the titan. a 10/10 ballista follows, closing the game.

2-0
    Rd3 - Burn
    I'm playing against the store's judge. He tells me he was going to play with MUD in that tournament, but he was short on lodestones. I tell him I'd lend him and explains a bit on how my list is different from Mengucci's before we start playing. I saw him playing earlier so I know he is on burn.
    I win the die roll. Go for tomb + chalice. T2 I cast TKS taking Light up the Stage, and T$ wurmcoil. He concedes.

SIDE IN: 2 ratchet bombs, 1 sphere of Resistance, 1 Thron, 4 Keys
    SIDE OUT: 2 Ugin, 1 Citanul Flute, 1 Sundering Titan, 1 Endbringer, 2 Staff, 1 Karn, Scion

I keep a slow hand to ramp to wurmcoil. het casts 2 monastery swiftspears and starts bashing. I play trinisphere that holds him 1 turn, but he gets to the 3rd land, killing metalworker before it can untap. When I'm at 8 life, he casts PoP.
    SIDE IN: 1 Staff
    SIDE OUT: Endbringer
    I mulligan to 6 to a ridiculously good hand. I play tomb + chalice on 1. He land, passes. I play sphere of resistance, he pass. Since he didn't get the 2nd land, I play metalworker first. He goes 2nd land, passes. I play lodestone. He gets to the 3rd land eventually, but taking 6 damage a turn, he doesn't get to play a single spell.

3-0
    I'm first on the standings so I ID the 4th round.
    Last edited by Silverflame; 03-06-2019 at 12:42 AM.

Ive been loving Traxos in MUD. Its a fantastic secondary plan when you get mana screwed (tomb wastelanded, metalworker StPed etc).

Often wins games by itself even when you dont have the mana to play your higher casting cost dudes.

I play 3 copies and am never unhappy to see it in my opening hand.

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    That list seems reasonable, I agree it would be better than Mengucci's.

I'm running a weird list myself. Apart from the endbringer, that could be 2nd Karn/kuldotha, 4th Coil or 3rd Ballista, it seems to be running well, apart from missing artifact count sometimes, warranting me 2 top8 in a row in the weekly LGS tournament:

This was my run yesterday, as best as I remember:

Round 1 - UW Delver
    I'm paired with my former teammate. He played the Pro tour last month, being 1 game away from prize. Due to traffic, he is late but we managed to start the game with 30 minutes in the clock. He plays several decks, but lately he was running Elves, so that's what I think he is on.
    G1- I win the die roll and keep a tomb + chalice + metalworker +caverns hand. I see I'm wrong as he plays stoneforge mystic on the second turn, fetching for a jitte. On T3 I cast TKS and take his jitte. He casts 2 snapcasters to block my TKS (I saw his hand with TKS, so I'm well aware not to attack even beffore he casts the second), he gets a tnn and stall for a few turns, until he gets a batterskull and equips it. I'm bashed to 1 life, but I managed to get a kuldotha online, so when he goes for the kill, I fetch for an emperion. With post base, I'm soon with over 20 mana, so when I draw a staff, I'm able to draw 5 cards a turn and go infinite.

SB OUT: 3 wurmcoils, TKS, Endbringer, Trinisphere, 1 chalice
    SB IN: 1 Ratchet Bomb, All is Dust, 4 keys, Thorn
    I try a T1 monolith that gets dazed. He ponders and go for the 3rd land, casting a tnn. I have a Karn, Scion so I draw for a few turns trying to find an answer. I don't have 3 artifacts in play to crack the inventor's fair, only monolith and a dynamo. I fail to find the find the answer and die to tnn equipped with jitte.

IN: 1 chalice
    OUT: Thorn
    I keep a slow hand with 2 glimmers, cavern, 2 metalworker, 2 keys, ballista.
    I ramp to metalworker and attempt to cast the lodestone that gets forced. He plays delver and jitte, so I play caverns on construct, trade ballista . I have metalworker and 2 keys in play, 1 key in hand, so I get a total of 9 mana with my lands. I attack him a few times with metalworker as I have nothing to do with the mana. I topdeck a sundering titan that gets plowshared, but destroys his manabase he is slowed. He plays another delver, but I find an ugin to deal with it. Next turn I bolt him, taking Ugin to 11. He finds council and feels visibly relieved. I tpdeck another Ugin that ups and ults, not finding much, but enough to close the game.

1-0
    Rd2 - UW Miracles Legends
    This is a experienced player, we both know what the other is on. He tells me we are paired and we sit down for a smoke before playing.
    I lose the die roll.
    G1- I keep tomb + monolith+ chalice+ mw+ wurmcoil.
    I cast chalice, that gets fow'ed. He ponders and I play metalworker, bringing wurmcoil next turn. He plowshares the wurmcoil, I get Citanul online, he councils it, so I get a ballista. I draw a staff and go infinite.

SB IN: 2 Ratchet Bomb, 1 Ulamog, 1 Karn Liberated, 4 Voltaic Key, 1 All is Dust
    SB OUT: 3 wurmcoil, 1 Trinisphere, 1 staff, 2 spyglass (not sure if I should, he uses karakas as an engine)

He mulligans (he told me later he was looking for back to basics). I Mulligan to find a key + rock. He goes tundra go, I do nothing go. He plays plains and ponder. I vesuva his plains and go for key. a second vesuva copies his plains and go for monolith + chalice for 1. I start drawing and play cavern on construct and golem, so he can't do nothing to protect his manabase against Sundering Titan. I hit him once, then he finds an answer to the titan. a 10/10 ballista follows, closing the game.

2-0
    Rd3 - Burn
    I'm playing against the store's judge. He tells me he was going to play with MUD in that tournament, but he was short on lodestones. I tell him I'd lend him and explains a bit on how my list is different from Mengucci's before we start playing. I saw him playing earlier so I know he is on burn.
    I win the die roll. Go for tomb + chalice. T2 I cast TKS taking Light up the Stage, and T$ wurmcoil. He concedes.

SIDE IN: 2 ratchet bombs, 1 sphere of Resistance, 1 Thron, 4 Keys
    SIDE OUT: 2 Ugin, 1 Citanul Flute, 1 Sundering Titan, 1 Endbringer, 2 Staff, 1 Karn, Scion

I keep a slow hand to ramp to wurmcoil. het casts 2 monastery swiftspears and starts bashing. I play trinisphere that holds him 1 turn, but he gets to the 3rd land, killing metalworker before it can untap. When I'm at 8 life, he casts PoP.
    SIDE IN: 1 Staff
    SIDE OUT: Endbringer
    I mulligan to 6 to a ridiculously good hand. I play tomb + chalice on 1. He land, passes. I play sphere of resistance, he pass. Since he didn't get the 2nd land, I play metalworker first. He goes 2nd land, passes. I play lodestone. He gets to the 3rd land eventually, but taking 6 damage a turn, he doesn't get to play a single spell.

3-0
    I'm first on the standings so I ID the 4th round.
    Nice report !

I'm still a bit dubious about keys and chalice. It is a nonbo for me.
    Your list is a bit spicy but I should give it a try. How do you feel the 1-of forgemaster ? If it is only a 1 of, don't you prefer it to be another thing ?

@ Captain,
    I have never played with Traxos for now, but I am a bit afraid of the drawbacks: sometimes you can just get flooded and he won't do anything. If I had to choose between Traxos and wurmcoil I would still pref the wurm, in most cases lodestone golem are also very good.
    What did you cut for Traxos ? I may test it online :)
    I would cut 1 wurmcoil, 1 lodestone and maybe 1 ballista.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    Nice report !

Your list is a bit spicy but I should give it a try. How do you feel the 1-of forgemaster ? If it is only a 1 of, don't you prefer it to be another thing ?

I kept 1 kuldotha to fetch for emperion mostly since I cut blightsteel. The list is aimed to maximize metalworker since many decks are running mana denial. I've been comboing more consistenly now or at least bringing huge ballistas. A trick you get to pull is stalling until you have metalworker and staff, then you EOT fetch for Citanul, grab a ballista, draw and grab another thing to go infinite.
    It sure is, but keys are another way to protect your manabase and can also be used to fill your hand with flute (in theory, I didn't manage to do that yet) and tick ratchet bomb faster. I side them in when I think the opponent will try to manalock me or when I need to ramp faster, so it's a stance shift. I'm not sure if we need 4.

I still need to find a winning route to defeat goblins, the match has become so horrendous with MD trashmaster and cratermaker.
    I forgot to mention on the report, but from the 8 games played I mulliganed 6 times, thrice to 5. From those hands, there were 2 I'd keep if the new mulligan rule was valid.

Apr 2018
    France

I kept 1 kuldotha to fetch for emperion mostly since I cut blightsteel. The list is aimed to maximize metalworker since many decks are running mana denial. I've been comboing more consistenly now or at least bringing huge ballistas. A trick you get to pull is stalling until you have metalworker and staff, then you EOT fetch for Citanul, grab a ballista, draw and grab another thing to go infinite.
    It sure is, but keys are another way to protect your manabase and can also be used to fill your hand with flute (in theory, I didn't manage to do that yet) and tick ratchet bomb faster. I side them in when I think the opponent will try to manalock me or when I need to ramp faster, so it's a stance shift. I'm not sure if we need 4.

I still need to find a winning route to defeat goblins, the match has become so horrendous with MD trashmaster and cratermaker.
    I forgot to mention on the report, but from the 8 games played I mulliganed 6 times, thrice to 5. From those hands, there were 2 I'd keep if the new mulligan rule was valid.
    Ok, thank you for the insight.
    I personnally have abandonned the goblin MU. It's almost unwinnable without an Ugin (and still ...)
    Totally agree with the London mulligan being a very nice thing for us. I also tried at the last FNM and it's wonderfull.

My meta is quite control'ish, it's quite rare to stick a metalworker for a few turns so I'm not sure your plan will go well for me. It is however very interesting and for sure can help against B2B.

I will go to a ~80 man event at the end of the month. Will tell you how it went

Nice report !

@ Captain,
    I have never played with Traxos for now, but I am a bit afraid of the drawbacks: sometimes you can just get flooded and he won't do anything. If I had to choose between Traxos and wurmcoil I would still pref the wurm, in most cases lodestone golem are also very good.
    What did you cut for Traxos ? I may test it online :)
    I would cut 1 wurmcoil, 1 lodestone and maybe 1 ballista.
    Cut two of your flex slots (a Voltaic Key/Citanul Flute/Karn Liberated/a Endbringer/a Ballista/a Ugin/the second Staff if you play 2) to make room for 2 Traxos. It doesnt really have any drawbacks. Its an alternate play for when you dont have Metalworker or when the Metalworker gets killed. It comes down turn 1/2 while dodging Daze and starts beating for 7 the turn after forcing your opponent to deal with it asap and buying you time to ramp into your big guys. Unchecked, it wins the game with 2 attacks if you have any other creature that swings even once. At worst it gets countered/StPed instead of one of your higher cc dudes and gains you life in the process.

Traxos works best in builds that are almost entirely artifacts (the same builds that Metalworker excels in).

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Cut two of your flex slots (a Voltaic Key/Citanul Flute/Karn Liberated/a Endbringer/a Ballista/a Ugin/the second Staff if you play 2) to make room for 2 Traxos. It doesnt really have any drawbacks. Its an alternate play for when you dont have Metalworker or when the Metalworker gets killed. It comes down turn 1/2 while dodging Daze and starts beating for 7 the turn after forcing your opponent to deal with it asap and buying you time to ramp into your big guys. Unchecked, it wins the game with 2 attacks if you have any other creature that swings even once. At worst it gets countered/StPed instead of one of your higher cc dudes and gains you life in the process.

Traxos works best in builds that are almost entirely artifacts (the same builds that Metalworker excels in).
    I think I'll test traxos in the Endbringer slot. I tried Meteor Golem as another way to remove main b2b and other annoying things, but it seems underwhelming at best.

Is Traxos working well without a batterskull? I'm afraid it may just be tapped when I need it without the keys, so I did not test it properly.

I was thinking in reviving the RW version Airwave was working on (here). b2b is seeing more play than blood moon, so we still get to use the cavern on artificer for stoneforge/welder, play some basics, etc. A perfect shell for batterskull and traxos. playing a few moxen can help casting colored stuff and casting T1 blood moon or blood sun.
    Last edited by Silverflame; 03-12-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

I think I'll test traxos in the Endbringer slot. I tried Meteor Golem as another way to remove main b2b and other annoying things, but it seems underwhelming at best.

Is Traxos working well without a batterskull? I'm afraid it may just be tapped when I need it without the keys, so I did not test it properly.

I was thinking in reviving the RW version Airwave was working on (here). b2b is seeing more play than blood moon, so we still get to use the cavern on artificer for stoneforge/welder, play some basics, etc. A perfect shell for batterskull and traxos. playing a few moxen can help casting colored stuff and casting T1 blood moon or blood sun.
    I've never thought of Traxos in that shell, it could certainly work I guess, with all the artifact-lands in there

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I thought of a card to try and beat Goblins. Since they are not running Tuktuk Scrapper/ tin-street/wear&tear anymore and relying on cratermaker and trashmaster to do their job. Cursed Totem may be useful. It barrs krenko and kiki too, so they have to try to overrun us with siege gang and lords, a game we are better equipped to win. Of course it also hurts us, but you can get back the value of wurmcoil and simply hold until you are at a winning position. Granted if it is a weird list with some extra artifact removal, you'll probably have extra time to prepare.
    It also hurts elves, but they have outs on GSZ to reclamation Sage.
    I'm packing 2 totems and 1 torpor orb SB.
    I'm gonna try it friday in my training group.

Apr 2018
    France

I thought of a card to try and beat Goblins. Since they are not running Tuktuk Scrapper/ tin-street/wear&tear anymore and relying on cratermaker and trashmaster to do their job. Cursed Totem may be useful. It barrs krenko and kiki too, so they have to try to overrun us with siege gang and lords, a game we are better equipped to win. Of course it also hurts us, but you can get back the value of wurmcoil and simply hold until you are at a winning position. Granted if it is a weird list with some extra artifact removal, you'll probably have extra time to prepare.
    It also hurts elves, but they have outs on GSZ to reclamation Sage.
    I'm packing 2 totems and 1 torpor orb SB.
    I'm gonna try it friday in my training group.
    That's actually a pretty good idea IMO. It shuts down MW but otherwise you don't really rely on kuldotha against goblins ... It is also depending on the number of ballista you are running (just a 1-of in my list).
    I can also see a utility of this card agaist grisel (not sure how it actually plays out)

Feb 2015
    Brazil

That's actually a pretty good idea IMO. It shuts down MW but otherwise you don't really rely on kuldotha against goblins ... It is also depending on the number of ballista you are running (just a 1-of in my list).
    I can also see a utility of this card agaist grisel (not sure how it actually plays out)
    I think against griselbrand it's not good enough, because you're on a 3 turn clock. If its S&T they could also go emrakul or omniscience, if it's burning reanimator on sideboarded games they tend to switch to plan B (casting grave titan). Against stoneforge, they'll just fetch jitte instead of batterskull, so it's more useful to use torpor orb against blade and D&T.
    I believe totem to be worth using against goblins, elves, maverick, infect (stops noble) and BG depths (stops hexmage, but we can't kuldotha, so it may backfire). A card worth using in 5 matches sounds good enough for me.

Apr 2018
    France

I think against griselbrand it's not good enough, because you're on a 3 turn clock. If its S&T they could also go emrakul or omniscience, if it's burning reanimator on sideboarded games they tend to switch to plan B (casting grave titan). Against stoneforge, they'll just fetch jitte instead of batterskull, so it's more useful to use torpor orb against blade and D&T.
    I believe totem to be worth using against goblins, elves, maverick, infect (stops noble) and BG depths (stops hexmage, but we can't kuldotha, so it may backfire). A card worth using in 5 matches sounds good enough for me.
    Totally agree with goblins, elves, maverick and BG depths but against infect I'm not totally sold on it. Shutting down MW, kuldotha, ballista and eventually steel hellkite is quite the opposite you want

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Wizards, if you're listening, we would like an artifact with both the Cursed Totem and Torpor Orb effect together

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Totally agree with goblins, elves, maverick and BG depths but against infect I'm not totally sold on it. Shutting down MW, kuldotha, ballista and eventually steel hellkite is quite the opposite you want
    On a second thought, I think you're right. The best play we have against infect is a huge ballista.

The best card against infect is serrated arrows

It’s narrow but can shoot down 3 infect creatures even if they’re pumped and only costs 4 mana to cast

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post
    The best card against infect is serrated arrows

It’s narrow but can shoot down 3 infect creatures even if they’re pumped and only costs 4 mana to cast
    I used to play a Stax build with serrated arrows, contagion clasp and a 1-off contagion engine which allowed me to control the board very effectively through proliferate. Clasp comes down on turn 1 which can be very important against infect.

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    I used to play a Stax build with serrated arrows, contagion clasp and a 1-off contagion engine which allowed me to control the board very effectively through proliferate. Clasp comes down on turn 1 which can be very important against infect.
    Actually I think we are quite well prepared for the infect MU with our playset of lodestone, chalice, some 3-ball and Ugin.
    We just have to be carefull and block when they can become immense us.
    As least that is how I dow and it works quite well. Post board I bring thorns of amethyst, warping wail and I side out platinum emperion, sundering titan, coercive portal, wurmcoil.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I've just played a tournament with 84 players, finishing 11º, one win/ID from top 8.

4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Citanul Flute
    4 Grim Monolith
    1 Karn, Scion of Urza
    1 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    1 Lightning Greaves
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 Metalworker
    1 Meteor Golem
    1 Platinum Emperion
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Staff of Domination
    1 Steel Hellkite
    1 Sundering Titan
    2 Thran Dynamo
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    3 Walking Ballista
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    3 Vesuva
    Sideboard:

1 All Is Dust
    1 Boompile
    3 Cursed Totem
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Torpor Orb
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Voltaic Key

Round 1 - Storm
    G1- I'm paired with a player I don't know. I win the die roll. I keep a hand with cloudpost, vesuva, glimmer, 2 chalice, metalworker.
    I play land go. He duress my chalice, petal, thoughtseize, taking the other chalice. I believe he is on storm (don't know if vanilla or the phoenix version). He never goes off, just playing cantrips. I keep playing glimmers to gain life, find another chalice and an emperion and he scoops.
    Side in: thorn, sphere, trinisphere, surgical, ratchet bomb
    Side out: sundering titan, 2 spyglass, flute.

G2- He ponders, I play chalice on 1, having a metalworker, wurmcoil and surgical in hand. I think about casting surgical on his BS, what would prevent him from casting other 2 during the game. I play lodestone, he casts echoing truth on it and, scultps his hand and go off on turn 4. When he casts the 2nd cabal ritual, I cast surgical on it. I see a warrens and a petal in his hand. He makes 12 tokens. I play wurmcoil. He finds echoing truth and hits me for 12, next turn I play glimmer for 3, cast coil, he swings, bringing me to 9. I play steel hellkite, block again going to 6 and hit him for 15, closing the game.

1-0
    Round 2 - UW Blade
    I'm playing my friend from the last report. I'm not sure whate he is on.
    G1- I win the die roll. I keep a hand with 1 cloudposts, 1 vesuva, 1 glimmerpost, metalworker, 2 lodestones. I scry down a dynamo. I play post go. He plays flooded strands go, so he is not on elves. I play vesuva, chalice, that is pierced. He plays wasteland, destroy my post. I draw a monolith, try casting, it is pierced. He plays stoneforge fetching batterskull, I resolve a spyglass on stoneforge. I try casting flute, he snaps pierce. I'm beaten without doing anything relevant.
    Side In: thorn, key, all is dust, ratchet bomb, boompile, torpor orb
    Side out: Sundering titan, flute, 2 ballista, 2 wurmcoil
    G2- I keep a hand with tomb, thorn, spyglass, monolith, chalice, lodestone, scrying down an emperion.
    I play spyglass and see 2 islands, 1 plains, stoneforge, fow, back to basics, floode strands. I cry inside. Name stoneforge.
    Game goes downhill quickly, I try casting thorn to delay him from playing back to basics, but I end up only drawing lands 3 turns later and I'm never in the game.

1-1
    Round 3 - D&T
    I'm playing a friend from the store, he usually is on D&T and disllikes playing against me because I always win.
    G1- I keep a hand with 2 cloudopost, vesuva, glimmer, worker, chalice.
    He plays some wastelands and rishadan port to slow me down, fetching batterskull from a stoneforge. I play lodestone, but do not block for a few turns. I have a meteor golem in hand, but he has enough mana to bounce the batterskull, so I keep alternating between tapping the batterskull with staff or getting hit to have mana to advance my game. I go down to 6 and cast a 5/5 ballista, that soon takes over the game.

Side In: torpor orb, ratchet bomb, all is dust, key, spyglass
    Side out: sundering titan, meteor golem, kuldotha.

G2- I play chalice on 1 from tomb, then spyglass to stop his port. I see thalia, leonin relic-warden, karakas, plains, cataclysm and council judgment, I name rishadan port. With my posts free, I'm able to cast wurmcoil to bait his council. Instead, he plays warden. I play a second spyglass holding his drew ratchet bomb. I play a second wurm, holding ugin to clear the board before he cataclysms. He casts imperial recruit, fetching jailer and destroys the spyglass holding port. It wasn't necessary anyway as I have 8 mana without it. He swings with warden. I cast a ballista, killing his warden and swing for 6.He casts jailer, but I still have a 1/1 ballista and another coil. I cast ugin, taking his jailer and swinging, becoming the monarch. He plays cataclysm, but it was too late.

2-1
    Round 4 - Burn
    G1- Game goes uneventful, goblin guide hits me, showing another chalice, I play T1 chalice for 1, T2, chalice for 2, wurmcoil and she scoops.

Side In: thorn, trini, key, sphere
    Side out: Sundering titan, 2 spyglass, 1 ugin

G2- She plays land go. I play chalice on 1, she responds with a bolt. T2 I cast a chalice on 2. she still hits me with rift bolt and skewer. I go down to 5, but I have a ballista hitting and growing every turn.

3-1
    Round 5 - W Eldrazi

G1- He plays eldrazi temple, go. I cast a monolith to cast a wurmcoil next turn. He plays eye of ugin, TKS, taking my wurmcoil. I'm hit once, then I cast lodestone that halts him for a few turns, until he decides to trade. I have an emperion and sundering titan in hand, since he have a plains, I play the titan. He scoops.
    Side In: voltaic, torpor, sphere, sorcerous spyglass
    Side out: -4 chalice

G2- He wastes my cloudpost and I play cavern into city to mw. He plays TKS taking a lodestone, and I play a wurmcoil. He casts a 1/3 creature that removes target creature while it is in play and a ballista for 1. I trade my ballista for his creature, setting my wurmcoil free. He tries to slow me with a 3/2 thalia, but I already developed my mana base and cast a 5/5 ballista that takes over the game.

4-1
    Round 6 - W Bomberman
    I'm playing the feature match with the first guy that I lost to in a legacy tournament. I didn't scout, so I don't know what he is on.
    G1- I win the die roll. I go tomb chalice on 1. He goes city of traitors, petal monastery mentor. I'm not sure what is happening. I play a metalworker. He casts five 0-cost artifact and swings. I die in 2 turns.
    Side In: sphere, thorn, key, ratchet bomb, all is dust
    Side out: titan, 2 spyglass, meteor golem.

G2- I should have mulliganed this. I play land go. He makes a mentor. I play greaves to cast metalworker next turn and go bonkers. T2 He casts led, petal, auriok salvagers and goes infinite.

4-2
    Round 7 - Eldrazi Aggro.
    G1 - I win the die roll. Cloudpost go. Opponent plays city, chalice on 1. I play tomb, metalworker. He casts TKS taking my wurmcoil. I cast a lodestone to trade. He casts 2 mimics and I cast a chalice for 5. Somehow I draw all 4 metalworkers and keep throwing stuff at him, until I draw a hellkite that takes over the game.
    Side In: spyglass, bomb, key, torpor orb, sphere
    side out: 2 ugin, 3 chalice

G2 - He ramps to TKS while I ramp to mw. He takes my emperion, but I get a wurmcoil online, he plays smasher pass. When I swing, he casts dismember on the coil, to no avail. Smasher dies, coild makes tokens. I get flute online, bringing ballista to clear the mimics. He scoops.

All games were either 2-0 or 0-2. Thorn and spyglass should be voltaic keys and maybe torpor orb should be another meteor golem, other than that, the list worked very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    I've never thought of Traxos in that shell, it could certainly work I guess, with all the artifact-lands in there

Traxos is a cast trigger

Thread Information