Page 215 of 243 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Someone talked me outta the mirror, so its likely to go back to being either thorn or chalice 4
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I'll make a quick GP report: I had some personal issues that morning that put me on Full Tilt, and I played like Snot. Not that I didn't play some good players, and didn't learn anything about the game, but I definitely could have played smoother better and not made some of the mistakes I made had I not been on tilt. Next time.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    I'll make a quick GP report: I had some personal issues that morning that put me on Full Tilt, and I played like Snot. Not that I didn't play some good players, and didn't learn anything about the game, but I definitely could have played smoother better and not made some of the mistakes I made had I not been on tilt. Next time.
    It happens, you'll have a better result next time.
    About mirror, I was testing it with good results online, but when I tested on paper, I played twice in a tournament against Sneak and Show and could'nt get it to work, so I dropped it too.

Hello everyone! It's been a long time since I've rocked this deck, I had tried playing Eldrazi for a long while but have come to dislike it. I decided to pick up the old metalworker deck again last night and enjoy playing it much more. Out of 4 matches I won 2 and tied a game which at least got my entry fee back. I still think it is a very powerful deck.

One new card that has come out for it I am interested in playing is Inventor's Fair

but I don't know what lands to cut for it

My mana base right now is,

4 Ancient Tomb

3 City Of Traitors

3 Vesuva

4 Cloudpost

4 Glimmerpost

3 Cavern of Souls

3 Wasteland

I'd like some suggestions of what to cut

The best card to cut I think might be a wasteland? or a vesuva...

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post
    I'd like some suggestions of what to cut

The best card to cut I think might be a wasteland? or a vesuva...
    Inventors' Fair is really nice with singletons. I assume you're playing a Crucible of Worlds? If so, I'd keep the Wasteland because that combo is so strong. The third Vesuva can be awkward. Multiple Vesuvas in an opening hand are usually terrible unless you have a Cloudpost (or when your first land gets hit by an opposing Wasteland), so I would trim a Vesuva.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    MUD top 4’d a Classic this weekend. Maybe the deck’s not as poorly positioned as I thought...

Quick takeaways:
    - Mox Diamond
    - Darksteel Citadel
    - No Posts
    - Sweltering Suns?!? That can’t be right
    I talked to the player who made top 4 and he thinks that instead of Sweltering Suns there was a Sundering Titan.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Inventors' Fair is really nice with singletons. I assume you're playing a Crucible of Worlds? If so, I'd keep the Wasteland because that combo is so strong. The third Vesuva can be awkward. Multiple Vesuvas in an opening hand are usually terrible unless you have a Cloudpost (or when your first land gets hit by an opposing Wasteland), so I would trim a Vesuva.
    Agreed, though going down to 2 Caverns is also an option. Depends on your meta. Either way, agreed on Fair - it's a perfect singleton for this deck.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    My deck list and sideboard, besides my mana base that I already posted,

4 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    1 Staff Of Domination
    1 Staff Of Nin
    1 Lightning Greaves
    1 Spine of Ish Sah
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Trinisphere
    2 Ugin the Spirit Dragon

Sideboard,

4 Leyline of the Void
    1 All is Dust
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Steel Hellkite
    2 Duplicant
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Serrated Arrows
    1 Tsabo's Web

The Cavern of Souls is really important I want to stay with 3

I was thinking of cutting, Spine of Ish Sah (maybe move it to the sideboard), Trinisphere, Vesuva, or Wasteland

I'm certainly going to try mirror as a 2-of at my tournament tomorrow. It seems cute but I'm not quite sold on it.

I'll let you guys know how I do. :)

Edit: 2-2

Match 1 - Burn.
    He pretty much blew me out every game. Sulfuric vortex is a hell of a card.

Match 2 - Moon Stompy.
    Easy 2-0. Pre-board I got down 2 thorns and a Lodestone before he resolved his first Magus. Game 2 was grindy but I pulled it out.

Match 3 - Maverick.
    2-1. Not a great matchup because of qasali pridemage, but after getting flooded in the third game, I resolved a blightsteel, equipped greaves and swung for the game.

Match 4 - Show and Tell.
    2-1. Game 1 was a pretty easy lock. Post-board I had mulligans to 5 each game and got blown out by turn 1 show and tells.

I only got to see the mirror once and it didn't seem stellar, but I want to keep trying it in playtests at the very least.
    Last edited by 1ron; 12-30-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

another sideboard option:

I'm missing something why is Silent Gravestone good? Are there cards you want with shroud in your graveyard? It also costs 1 and gets hosed by Chalice of the Void

Buried Ruin? Scarecrone? Goblin Welder? These are cards I haven't seen played in MUD for a long time

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I'm missing something why is Silent Gravestone good? Are there cards you want with shroud in your graveyard? It also costs 1 and gets hosed by Chalice of the Void

Buried Ruin? Scarecrone? Goblin Welder? These are cards I haven't seen played in MUD for a long time
    It's a sideboard option against reanimator, deathrite shaman, snapcaster mage, life from the loam and other shenanigans. It's also better than Grafdigger's cage as it doesn't hurt our kuldothas.
    Last edited by Silverflame; 01-03-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

What you think about this card?

http://mythicspoiler.com/rix/cards/azorsgateway.jpg

One of the issue with MUD is consistency and this can help to fix our draws.

The other side is good but I think it will be hard to transformit.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post

I like the card, mostly for the looting, but the inevitability is nice. although MUD have a lot of different CMC, I'm not sure how we could use it to its maximum potential, yet. Worst case scenario, it's a must answer to eat a removal instead of our bigger things.

Looting is nice, however I doubt we'd be looting away cards at a variety of CmCs, since we'd be generally be looking for action. Also if I'm looking for a solid early play I can sink mana into, I'd play more ballista.
    Lands, MUD, Stax, and Miracles.

It's not playable. And the transformed land isn't particularly great unless you want to kill someone with Magma Mine or something

We need to get the Forgemaster combo assembles while racing Delver and tapping Ancient Tomb at the same time AND fight cards through Force Of Will.

If you want to draw cards for cheap there is Coercive Portal if you don't want to play Staff Of Nin. With cloud posts mana reaching 6 mana to cast Staff Of Nin isn't that difficult.

Another card draw engine I have tried without the Forgemaster Combo in there is Phyrexian Portal. You exile 10 cards from your library and then pick either of two piles, which gives you 5 cards to look through. Your opponent should always split the piles evenly when given the option otherwise just pick the biggest pile for the most card selection. It's kind of insane

Feb 2015
    Brazil

It's not playable. And the transformed land isn't particularly great unless you want to kill someone with Magma Mine or something

We need to get the Forgemaster combo assembles while racing Delver and tapping Ancient Tomb at the same time AND fight cards through Force Of Will.

If you want to draw cards for cheap there is Coercive Portal if you don't want to play Staff Of Nin. With cloud posts mana reaching 6 mana to cast Staff Of Nin isn't that difficult.

Another card draw engine I have tried without the Forgemaster Combo in there is Phyrexian Portal. You exile 10 cards from your library and then pick either of two piles, which gives you 5 cards to look through. Your opponent should always split the piles evenly when given the option otherwise just pick the biggest pile for the most card selection. It's kind of insane
    Magma mine is bad, go for ballista instead.
    Last edited by Silverflame; 01-23-2018 at 12:37 AM.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/883700

MUD took 3rd place at the latest SCG Classic in Columbus

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/883700

MUD took 3rd place at the latest SCG Classic in Columbus
    Fuck yeah. It makes me genuinely happy to see MUD doing well lately. Some quick thoughts:
    - I like that he's switched his 3rd Trinisphere for a Spyglass.
    - Blightsteel has been a constant in recent lists. I haven't run the big boy for a while, because I felt like the other tinker bots did the job better, but maybe I should add him back in.
    - No Ballistas.

I’ve been thinking of moving spine to the board and might do that now for a spyglass

What I really strongly disagree with is not cutting a vesuva or something for an inventors fair

Thread Information