Page 235 of 243 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

I know it's early to try a new list before the full spoilers are released, but I was thinking on something along these lines:

4 Wasteland
    1 Myr Battlesphere
    2 Trinisphere
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    3 Mox Diamond
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Buried Ruin
    1 Citanul Flute
    2 Master Transmuter
    2 Ash Barrens
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Mishra's Factory
    4 Metalworker
    1 Staff of Domination
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Walking Ballista
    1 Padeem, Consul of Innovation
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Thousand-Year Elixir
    2 Island
    1 Seat of the Synod
    3 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Solemn Simulacrum
    2 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    2 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Grim Monolith
    SB: 1 Walking Ballista
    SB: 1 Boompile
    SB: 1 Helm of Obedience
    SB: 1 Blightsteel Colossus
    SB: 1 Umbral Mantle
    SB: 1 Witchbane Orb
    SB: 2 Ensnaring Bridge
    SB: 1 Steel Hellkite
    SB: 1 Mycosynth Lattice
    SB: 1 Spine of Ish Sah
    SB: 4 Leyline of the Void

A lot of combo kills. Against decks that use many nonbasics you can go the usual t1 trini+wastes and eventually crucible, transmuter can keep bouncing sundering titan for a lock destroying all of opponents lands (unfortunately, our islands too), you can wish for an umbral mantle if you have 2 artifacts in hand for an infinite metalworker beats, you can transmute/kuldtoha/wish for lattice, or if everything goes bad, you can side in the leylines and fetch the helm. I was working on UR including Goblin welder and Thopter Engineer but the manabase was getting bad, so I need to rethink before posting.

Troll_ov_Grimness I tried tinkering with Vivien's Arkbow but it didn't manage to make it work. By splashing green I tended to try and put exploration and if I play a color I can't use post, so I might as well use wastelands, so I then want ramunap or crucible and so on. I ended up with a worst aggro loam.

Nov 2012
    Franklin, MA, US

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    I know it's early to try a new list before the full spoilers are released, but I was thinking on something along these lines:

3 Mox Diamond

4 Wasteland
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Buried Ruin
    2 Ash Barrens
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Mishra's Factory
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Island
    1 Seat of the Synod
    4 Ancient Tomb

Have you tested a lot with this? That is about the bare minimum for mox diamond to be viable, if you count wasteland as a mana source. I would almost think artifact lands and mox opal would be a better choice. But both ideas make my teeth hurt. 1000 year elixir is gas, one of my pet cards from back then. Have you liked it as a pseudo-key/greaves? Seems like the so-so half of haste isn't worth it, but not having to equip for it to work is awesome.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by forestfold View Post
    Have you tested a lot with this? That is about the bare minimum for mox diamond to be viable, if you count wasteland as a mana source. I would almost think artifact lands and mox opal would be a better choice. But both ideas make my teeth hurt. 1000 year elixir is gas, one of my pet cards from back then. Have you liked it as a pseudo-key/greaves? Seems like the so-so half of haste isn't worth it, but not having to equip for it to work is awesome.
    I haven't tested it enough yet, so it may change considerably. A likely addition would be Academy Ruins
    Since lately only elves and RUG seem to use null rod, we could include a few more synods. I wouldn't cut the islands as they also have their advantages.
    1000 years-elixir ends up being better than boots here because you have more ways to lock the opponent with the creatures' abilities than in regular MUD. say if you have new karn on play and elixir, you can fetch the lattice, play a transmuter, activate it putting lattice in play immediately or just kuldotha for it. Also you could fetch for an umbral mantle, play metalworker and make infinite mana (with just 2 artifacts in hand).
    Things to consider are transmuter is an artifact and an artificer, so cavern on artificer helps casting it and padeem. If you get padeem out, you can fetch for lattice and even if you lose karn, he will make all your permanents hexproof, plus the extra draw.
    Other interesting artificers are stoneforge mystic, goblin welder, thopter engineer. For now, I believe using one color is better for consistency.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

If, and it's a big if, I was in a color, it's likely be red for blood sun, trash treasure, daretti and welder. Also, if you're dedicated to blue, maybe fabricate or impulse might be better for some options? I'd just caution dipping too heavily into symbols. Maybe even jvp would be a fair blue option. Depends what you're trying to do.

Im currently considering going full stax with mb bridges and winning without combat damage if I dedicate to karn. Im not 100pct, but toolboxing the sb seems too good to not do.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

New ugin is so good.

Ugin, The Unspeakable

Legendary Planeswalker — Ugin

Colorless spells you cast cost 2 less.

+1: Exile the top card of your library face down and look at it. Create a 2/2 colorless Spirit creature token. When that token leaves the battlefield, put the exiled card in your hand.

-3: Destroy target permanent that is one or more colors.

4 starting loyalty

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I feel like this will be much better in modern eldrazi tron or even legacy eldrazi than it will be in our deck. Theres no obvious port in spot for it at 6 mana. Its solid, but how solid remains to be seen in legacy. It isnt as obvious absalom sunk as karn.

I agree, I think it'll be a 1-of in some decks. It definitely does seem better in modern.

By the way malfie, what does your list look like at the moment?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I've been back and forth for a bit over the new karn, if you mean my new brewing. If you mean my current existing list, I havent typed it up in a hot minute. I'm on my way to legacy in a few. I'll try to type it up while I'm there.

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    I've been back and forth for a bit over the new karn, if you mean my new brewing. If you mean my current existing list

All of the above lol. I always really like your lists. I also do the lucky 61 and am not a huge fan of Wasteland, which I have never seen you run either.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

My current list:

Deck: Legacy MUD 4-13-19.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:17
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    2 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

Artifacts:18
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Grim Monolith
    1 Lightning Greaves
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Staff of Domination
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Ghirapur Orrery
    2 Thran Dynamo
    1 Spine of Ish Sah

Others:2
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:24
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Buried Ruin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Karakas
    1 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Razormane Masticore
    1 Steel Hellkite
    1 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Karn Liberated
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

People love wasteland. I do too. I also run depths, lands, and pox. I don't like it in mud bc we want to ramp, and get punished by taking off our tempo.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Also for an open meta my list would be slightly different, and I'm currently redesigning.

Don't get me wrong, I love the card. I just don't think the correct home is in MUD. The deck needs mana to go off.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Speaking of.... I may go back to a singleton deserted temple in my list. Haven't totally decided. I also own a candelstix. Considering running within the sb for exactly miracles or stoneblade. Thoughts?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I assume everyone already saw the new ee / ratchet bomb land. I feel like stax is becoming more of a possibility with each new bomb reveal.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

I assume everyone already saw the new ee / ratchet bomb land. I feel like stax is becoming more of a possibility with each new bomb reveal.
    My god, that card is strong. Sweeps everything Chalice didn't catch

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

More I think about it, the more I like it. Definitely strong with or without crucible. Obv better with. Also just happens to hit whole fields of 1 drops on etb

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

My first thoughts about the colorless version of the deck would looks something like this after the new additions:

Deck: Legacy NEW MUD 4-19.dec

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:14
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    1 Razormane Masticore
    1 Platinum Emperion

Artifacts:20
    3 Chalice of the Void
    1 Voltaic Key
    4 Grim Monolith
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Staff of Domination
    1 Thousand-Year Elixir
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Orbs of Warding
    1 Mycosynth Lattice
    1 Spine of Ish Sah

Others:3
    2 Karn, 4.0
    1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:23
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Buried Ruin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva
    1 Ratchet Bomb Land

Sideboard:15
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Phyrexian Metamorph
    1 Chalice of the Void
    1 Candelabra of Tawnos
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    1 Thorn of Amethyst
    1 Tsabo's Web
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Ghirapur Orrery
    1 Witchbane Orb
    1 Mycosynth Lattice

Would also consider an second emperion sb. I'm not sure wurmcoil will be where we want to be, either pre or post board. Might also entertain a second staff sb as well. This is not my final word, at all. This is going to take a lot of testing.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

So. My buddy tells me we've been 5-0ing leagues. I'm to write up some thoughts on how to sb in a new reality where we are a t1 deck. I cold called it when I heard about the mulligan rule. I was correct.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

So. My buddy tells me we've been 5-0ing leagues. I'm to write up some thoughts on how to sb in a new reality where we are a t1 deck. I cold called it when I heard about the mulligan rule. I was correct.
    Looking forward to see that sb guide, your comments are always insightful. Also, the new set will shake things up, so any help on predicting the meta shift will be most welcome.
    As I said in the facebook group, I'm thinking on developing a small Mud app/site that helps building optimal decks for the strategy you want to play. My main idea is to have packages of cards (like the post ramp package, orrery+cloister package, etc) That you add. It is mostly for fun, but if it ends up being useful for someone, even better. I'm just having a hard time getting to actually sit in my desk and code, with the new job + studying to be a judge.
    I seem to be having more sucess the farther I get from the prison package and closer to a big midrange with a combo. I ended up cutting trinisphere and it is only missed when facing goblins in the play, burn and storm, that are already good matches. Did any of you get such impression?

Thread Information