Page 139 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Omen Machine kills Miracles .

They're not able to cast X costs of Entreat The Angels, because they cast it without paying the cost.

The only other way for them to win is with Snapcaster Mage and Jace The Mindsculptor.

I managed to try to cast it in my game against Miracles but it got Force'd

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post
    Omen Machine kills Miracles .

They're not able to cast X costs of Entreat The Angels, because they cast it without paying the cost.

The only other way for them to win is with Snapcaster Mage and Jace The Mindsculptor.

I managed to try to cast it in my game against Miracles but it got Force'd
    I think it looks better on paper then it is in practice. Yes it shuts down Entreat and their counters. But that does not stop Terminus, Sword to Plowshares, WearTear, Clique, Mentor and like you said SCM and Jace (which so happens to be their main wincon next to entreat). Miracles also often wins thru Clique beats and nowadays a lot run Mentor to. Also they run Sensei's Divining Top, which makes them able to choose what card to flip with Omen Machine. I must admit that the card looks very interesting and being able to drop a bomb nearly each turn seems like a winner. The card has been on my mind the moment i saw it. Still it has not convinced me to try it. The more i think of the card the more i think it is to good to be true.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

PREDICTION

Maybe some new card advantage potential coming to MUD decks. There are a lot of thopters flying around in this set.

On the surface, objectively.. Hangerback Walker isn't a very exciting card. However I am interested in it because of it's scaleability .

I'm wondering if there are any old cards we can combine with these to turn thopters into some kind of advantage

I notice that Hangarback Walker is a rare … but it looks like it could be an uncommon . Maybe there are some crazy combo potentials with it coming that pushed it to being a rare.

oh… Something really good with the land is that you can activate the ability when you're about to forgemaster combo and create a couple artifact dorks. That way when you forgemaster you can keep the rest of the artifacts and your board state from wiping itself. I think by itself it might be worth including just because you can put some artifacts into play with it. Whenever I want to forgemaster I am terrified of wiping my whole board state in case they're holding a Swords to Plowshares. This gives some more resilience to getting hit with a removal spell . I think it's worth running.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Hangerback walker. Unplayable in the deck, far too slow and small for the cost. The 2 thopter land though this could potentially be something. Especially paired with crucible in a stax build. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by potatodavid View Post
    Hangerback walker. Unplayable in the deck, far too slow and small for the cost. The 2 thopter land though this could potentially be something. Especially paired with crucible in a stax build. Very interesting.
    I don't think either card is all that exciting , I think the Land is playable maybe as a singleton to help with Forgemaster activations .

but I posted them because I noticed there are some colourless Thopter themed cards in the set, so I marked them as cards to watch in case there is any other thopter cards .

Maybe there are some older cards with sacrifice creature effects that are more playable now with all the thopter stuff around

There's also ,

I'm pretty sure some combo potential with Thopter cards is forthcoming

seems crazy to make all this thopter stuff but have nothing to break it with

I'm interested in Thopter builds too, because I think that with Genesis Chamber and Gaea's Cradle we can generate tons of mana to power out fatties.

http://mythicspoiler.com/ori/cards/orbsofwarding.html

Seems awesome against combo and better than Witchbane Orb despite the extra mana. Being able to shut down both Tendrils and Empty the Warren seems great.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I don't think either card is all that exciting , I think the Land is playable maybe as a singleton to help with Forgemaster activations .

but I posted them because I noticed there are some colourless Thopter themed cards in the set, so I marked them as cards to watch in case there is any other thopter cards .

Maybe there are some older cards with sacrifice creature effects that are more playable now with all the thopter stuff around

There's also ,

I'm pretty sure some combo potential with Thopter cards is forthcoming

seems crazy to make all this thopter stuff but have nothing to break it with
    might be worth on red splashes.

Also agree on Orb of Warding.

Well I got what I wanted,

An aggressive 3 drop

If the meta was different and Batterskull didn't exist I would play this .

It either runs into a Batterskull, or a Tarmogoyf .

clonk .

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Airwave, how did you fare at Lille? I hope you had a good result.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    Airwave, how did you fare at Lille? I hope you had a good result.
    I went 6-3. I'm quite happy with the result, since it was my first GP, but also a bit sad because I missed out on day 2.

Lost quite a heartbreaking match against Death & Taxes with a triple Wasteland on turn 1,2 and 3 against me in the first game and a terrible luck hand drawing in the third game, which forced me down to 4 cards

I won against BUG delver, Storm, Burn (2x), Merfolk, Transmute Welder and lost to Death & Taxes, RUG delver, Shardless BUG.

Not quite the opposition I expected.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    I went 6-3. I'm quite happy with the result, since it was my first GP, but also a bit sad because I missed out on day 2.

Lost quite a heartbreaking match against Death & Taxes with a triple Wasteland on turn 1,2 and 3 against me in the first game and a terrible luck hand drawing in the third game, which forced me down to 4 cards
    Will be nice enough and write us how it all went?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Will be nice enough and write us how it all went?
    My notes are very brief, but I'll try to remember as much as possible and put it up here soon.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Story sounds really familiar. Think i spoke someone at the event telling me this, have we met there?
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Well I got what I wanted,

An aggressive 3 drop

If the meta was different and Batterskull didn't exist I would play this .

It either runs into a Batterskull, or a Tarmogoyf .

clonk .
    or Just eats a lightning bolt/abrupt decay.

BUG is almost an auto-win. Even when double Hymned, we can still come back and beat BUG. RUG is a tough one with Bolts and Ancient Grudge on the side.

Ouch to that triple Wasteland... What a luck that guy had.

Good job getting 6-3!

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post
    BUG is almost an auto-win. Even when double Hymned, we can still come back and beat BUG. RUG is a tough one with Bolts and Ancient Grudge on the side.

Ouch to that triple Wasteland... What a luck that guy had.

Good job getting 6-3!
    I don't know about BUG, they always seem to have an answer. Double Hymn is impossible to come back to and an active Lilliana can get too much.

Your best answer is to resolve an early Wurmcoil and hope your resistors are good enough to slow them down.

I think the RUG match up is better actually because they're more susceptible to the deck's resistors.

-----------------
    As what we all know, consistency is the problem of the deck. We know that Chalice strategies can be great in the meta (just look at GP Lille).

The question MUD players should be asking is how to be more consistent. A lot of decks achieve this with the blue cartel package but this deck preys on that. Looking at the GP Lille Aggro Loam lists, they achieved this with Life from the Loam with Green Sun's Zenith package. While that route doesn't really match this deck's game plan, there are other things that can be done.

Instead of trying to play catch up with the other deck's consistency, why not slow them down? Chalice and 3sphere already does that but is that enough? People might argue that putting a clock behind it wouldn't make it matter. If you look at the GP Aggro Loam lists, on top of slowing the opponent's cantrip with Chalices and mana denial, they also have GSZenith.

My suggestion is instead of doing that route, why not just go full blown denial like Lands? A lands deck made it big in GP Lille. Instead of relying on Chalice and 3sphere (that can get Decayed and Shattered), why not add more components to slow the opponent? A reliable means to slow the opponent from the very beginning of the game. Isn't that why the deck is called MUD? Because it's like trying to wrestle your way out of the MUD pit. Has anyone reconsider a low casting curve MUD that still uses 12post land package and Metalworker to abuse Winter Orb? What about using Sphere of Resistance as chalice/3sphere "clones". Also, why no Crucible?

Kuldotha Forgemaster is great but having to sacrifice 3 artifacts to it can be a demanding task. Not to mention when the plan backfires, you will just straight lose.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

The way to play a lower curve is to cut Forgemaster and targets, for Tangle Wire and Smoketack , with Ramroller

That's the magic bullet that a stax shell needs , a good aggressive 3 drop for early game pressure .

Without efficient early game beaters, the tax effects aren't powerful enough

I think Ramroller will change the way the deck is played
    I really think it is a better card than it looks. You can turn 1 it with Grim Monolith or a Mox, and then lay down the law with sphere effects. Your opponent might never cast a spell.
    Maybe with Lotus Petal

@nameless one: My stax deck has certainly curved lower than a generic MUD deck, though, I was still not willing to give up Wurmcoil and Sundering Titan. Those two are just very powerful cards. I'm always contemplating how to break Winter Orb, but when the meta is more focused on riding a single Delver to win, or wait till they can play their single card that will win the game (in a combo deck). I didn't think Winter Orb was the lock piece I was looking for.

2cc (15)
    4 Chalice of the Void (assume as a 2CC)
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Phyrexian Revoker

3cc (8)
    4 Metalworker
    4 Tangle Wire

4cc (7)
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Smokestack

6cc+ (6)
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Steel Hellkite
    2 Sundering Titan

10-Post
    7 Sol-lands
    4 Wasteland
    3 Cavern of Souls

SB:
    2 Buried Ruin
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Relic of Progenitus
    2 Ratchet Bomb
    2 Cursed Totem
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Trinisphere
    2 Spine of Ish Sah

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    Story sounds really familiar. Think i spoke someone at the event telling me this, have we met there?
    Yup, we did! I've sent you PM.

Thread Information