Page 212 of 243 FirstFirst ... 112162202208209210211212213214215216222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

bruizar

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Quote Originally Posted by P210 View Post
    Sounds like a plan for a more lockdown / Stax orientated MUD...^^

By the way, Wasteland will turn DRS on again
    woops, yeh the waste turns it back on. but still, without waste it is a tempo play that can put your opponent out of contention quickly, especially against greedy delver decks that wont be able to dig them selves out of a situation with brainstorm.

What I always disliked about wasteland is that it puts you behind on your land drops while the clock is ticking and you're tapping ancient tombs and eating bolts or delvers. This can serve the same role, plus serve as a maindeckable answers to other emergent problems and give you a welcome peek in their hand.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

I can't say if Spyglass is a better maindeck option than Revoker, but certainly seems better than Needle as a sideboard choice. The aforementioned Spyglass > name the fetch in their hand seems like pure happiness, but more importantly you can cast Spyglass through your own Chalice. I'll grab a playset and dick around with them.

Hello there,
    long time lurker, first time posting.
    Despite i have been playin more infect than mud recently, im still in love with the deck and i tweak my list a bit and i found It very interesting to play

4x cloudpost
    4x glimmerpost
    2x vesuva
    3x city of traitors
    4x ancient tomb
    4x wasteland
    1x inventor's fair
    3x cavern of souls
    1x buried ruin

Pretty straight foward manabase, i left few utility lands cause i don't play crucible

4x walking balista
    This was my starting point; in a fair meta , i wanted a card that could cover the whole curve and be useful turn 1 and 10. Very good card

4x warping wail
    3x spatial contortion
    If you consider walking balista as a Little removal, we manage to reach a quantity of 11 board control elements for tiny creatures. I May low the Number of contortion a bit, but it's a card that's interesting also to add that bit more dmg you need sometimes, or to lower the toughness of a creature enough. Wail instead, is an awesome tool; It counters a lot of problematic cards such as natural order,show and tell, discard spells etc plus It gives ramp/chumpblock and removal on drs and delvers.

4x wurmcoil engine
    The Beast of the fair matchups. This card Can be devastating in so many scenarios and Can be powered il by turn two with:

4x Grim monolith
    I'm think of a split 3/1 in favor of dynamo, but sometimes this help cast a balista big enough to clear the board, a wurmcoil or a trinsphere in t1

4x chalice of the void
    3x trinsphere

Pretty much standard, trinsphere raise the cost of your spell a bit, but it's soo good with wasteland It wins games Alone

2x lodestone golem
    3x thought knot seer

This split is made to hold back combos while providing a solid clock. I have decided to put more ks beccause interacting with enemy's hand is so powerful in the current meta and the card overall performed well for me. I lowered the amount of golems beccause they tax also our card in this shell

2x coercitive portal
    1x endbringer
    1x all is dust

Having no tutor in form of forgemaster means that we need as some form of alternative draw, and portal is perfect in the task. All is dust is an awesome card since provides answer to enchantment, Walkers and TNN
    61st card is endbringer, which i found awesome in the show and tell/depths matchup, but also can give some card advantage, gut-shot Little creature and provide a good clock , simultaneously.

Other valid options:

1) Ugin
    Was a card that if resolve is gg, but having anche 8 mana cost (sometimes 9 beccause of lodestone) doesnt fit a build with zero metalworker
    2) welding jar
    This was a card that could be interesting, since some decks completely fold to lock pieces, and has alternative uses like regenerating a wurmcoil and a balista, but i found It too situational
    3) phyrexian metamorph
    Cool card, and good in some matchups but doesnt shine against most of the field
    3) Additional copies of coercitive portal, thought knot seer or all is dust
    This could be meta choices,if you find those card strong enough to put more copies

Sideboard is still wip, but i am excited to test spyglass

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by GradStudent View Post
    psyched to hear how your mirage mirror testing is going, got a list already?
    I'm making the final adjustements for a tournament this saturday, any thoughts?

current list is:

1 Staff of Domination
    1 Wastes
    2 Walking Ballista
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    1 Thran Dynamo
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    3 City of Traitors
    2 Trinisphere
    4 Chalice of the Void
    2 Steel Hellkite
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
    2 Vesuva
    2 Inventors' Fair
    4 Glimmerpost
    2 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 Grim Monolith
    2 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Metalworker
    2 Mirage Mirror
    SB: 1 Endbringer
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb
    SB: 1 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 2 Warping Wail
    SB: 3 Pithing Needle
    SB: 2 Faerie Macabre
    SB: 1 All Is Dust
    SB: 1 Contagion Engine
    SB: 1 Basilisk Collar
    SB: 1 Karn Liberated

Oct 2015
    Virginia

I've been using dark steel citadel instead of inventors fair, it's so good, anti wasteland and ghostquarter, has allowed for turn 3 platinum emporeon.

4x ancient tomb
    3x city of traitors
    4x cloudpost
    4x glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    3x wasteland
    4x dark steel citadel
    Now Playing:
    Dark depths
    Reanimator
    MUD
    Disclaimer: The above person does not claim to have knowledge pertaining to the following subject: anything. Thus, said person may not be held liable for any mishaps/explosions that his advice incurs.

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjace View Post
    I've been using dark steel citadel instead of inventors fair, it's so good, anti wasteland and ghostquarter, has allowed for turn 3 platinum emporeon.

4x ancient tomb
    3x city of traitors
    4x cloudpost
    4x glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    3x wasteland
    4x dark steel citadel
    care to share the rest of the deck? I PMd you but you probably missed that.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

4x ancient tomb
    3x city of traitors
    4x cloudpost
    4x glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    3x wasteland
    4x dark steel citadel

I'd only play Darksteel Citadel if you're seriously lacking artifacts. Otherwise Cavern of Souls or Inventors' Fair seem better choices to me.

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    I'd only play Darksteel Citadel if you're seriously lacking artifacts. Otherwise Cavern of Souls or Inventors' Fair seem better choices to me.
    gee I don't know. the idea of not getting wastelanded out of play and the fact that citadel is another free fuel for forgemaster makes want to try them out.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by AmokPL View Post
    gee I don't know. the idea of not getting wastelanded out of play and the fact that citadel is another free fuel for forgemaster makes want to try them out.
    I've played a set in the past. Problem is that they will just waste one of your other lands, so you're still stuck on low mana often. The fuel for forgemaster is nice ofcourse, if you lack artifacts you could definitely play them.

Anyway, we have a new way to beat Wasteland now right? T1: Tomb, Spyglass, name wasteland, go

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I think citadel with fair would be good, it would activate faster.

I went terrible on the big tournament with my list, got paired with 2 show and tell, one sideboarded game I went tomb holding wail, land for needle sneak attack holding mana for wail, then got to 4 mana and comteplated on casting thought knot with cavern. Figured if my opponent had the combo, he'd go fir it, so I could take one piece of the combo, and next turn I'd have mana for wail again. I casted and saw a blood moon, show and tell and wipe away. I took S&T. he EOT wiped the Thought-Knot, drawing 2 cards, a Show and Tell and an Emrakul '.' Got him to 1 life and was annihilated.
    Gonna try this list http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=13637&d=280259&f=LE

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

I think this is the first time since I started playing legacy around 4 years ago that MUD is not in the "recent decks" list on MTG top 8

Time to turn that around

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    I think citadel with fair would be good, it would activate faster.

Gonna try this list http://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=13637&d=280259&f=LE
    I am coming from that deck. Even though it is great to have an early Ulamog, you often end up being overwhelmed by small creatures. I decided to rebuild as a MUD deck and so far it has been way more stable.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

I am coming from that deck. Even though it is great to have an early Ulamog, you often end up being overwhelmed by small creatures. I decided to rebuild as a MUD deck and so far it has been way more stable.
    I probably went too far away from classic MUD, maybe I should get in touch with my metallic roots again.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    I think this is the first time since I started playing legacy around 4 years ago that MUD is not in the "recent decks" list on MTG top 8

Time to turn that around
    Just seen this and had to check. I was going to play maverick at a local win-a-tundra event but hearing about this has made my decision on deck choice for me. Time to sleeve up the robots and get to work.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Jan 2010
    UK

Had my first legacy tournament in like 5 years with just finished MUD deck last Tuesday. I love it. I used to play old extended Tinker deck so all the memories :D Well, went 2-2 losing to Grixis Control and Nic Fit, both games really tight ending 1:2 so decent show.

Anyway here is the list:

4x Ancient Tomb
    3x City of Traitors
    4x Cloudpost
    4x Glimmerpost
    2x Vesuva
    4x Darksteel Citadel
    3x Wasteland

4x Metalworker
    4x Kuldotha Forgemaster
    4x Wurmcoil Engine
    1x Sundering Titan
    1x Blighsteel Colossus
    4x Lodestone Golem
    1x Platinum Angel
    1x Walking Ballista

4x Chalice of the Void
    3x Trinisphere
    4x Grim Monolith
    1x Staff of Domination
    1x All is Dust
    2x Karn Liberated
    1x Batterskull

SB

4x Leyline of the Void
    2x Phyrexian Revoker
    1x Trading Post
    1x Witchbane Orb
    1x All is Dust
    3x Spatial Contortion
    3x Warping Wail

I have no access to 4th City nor Caverns otherwise I would play them but the deck performed well. Citadels performed good . Being an extra indestructible fuel for Forgemaster means that once you drop the KF you only need one more artifact. Full set of Wurmcoils also means I can block Rhinos all day and not really be afraid that much of Kolaghan's Command. Had been stuck hellbent with a lot of mana few times so might need to add some Coercive Portals and maybe more Ballistas. Seems like Batterskull doesnt really belong here although it can be played t2 one turn faster than Wurmcoil.

Question 1 - since I have access to Karns instead of Ugins should I keep playing them or invest in Spirit Dragons? Never had a chance to play the Golem but even if I could I don't think it would do as much of a difference as Ugin would.
    Question 2 - would Emperion be better than Angel? I mean, they all die to KC but hmm PE seems hmmm fatter?
    Question 3 - Sorcerous Spyglass seems amazing I might replace the Revokers with it. anybody had experience with it?

I am a huge ugin fan, the -x wins games you had no right winning and the ultimate is attainable and absurd in a deck with no spells.

Angel/emperion - I play angel as it is an out to wonky situations such as painter combo and infect. I run the emperion in the side for when I need a second copy of that effect.

I would be reluctant to replace revoker but I tend to lower my curve and be fairly aggressive against most lists (I play 3 Thought-Knot seer main)

Have been testing spyglass but initially impressions are the look at their hand is a trap, you should probably just name the thing you bought it in to name *coughwastlandcough*

Jan 2010
    UK

thanks. I see a copy of Cavern of Souls in many lists. How is one copy relevant?

thanks. I see a copy of Cavern of Souls in many lists. How is one copy relevant?
    Seems strange to me as well. I have never felt that there is any creature which is a "must resolve". I assume it's one of the best taps for colourless lands and people want to fill those slots. I have always preferred 3 wastelands and an inventors fair. Wasteland works well with chalice/lodestone and and the fair does a lot of work mitigating tombs and being a late game threat

Hi everyone. Newer Metalworker player. How does the deck deal with Null Rod or Stoney Silence?

I really only see 4 options, Karn Liberated, Scorn of Existence, Culling Scales or Spine of Ish Sah.

Is there some more options that I don't know of?

Quote Originally Posted by Palacejailer View Post
    Hi everyone. Newer Metalworker player. How does the deck deal with Null Rod or Stoney Silence?

I really only see 4 options, Karn Liberated, Scorn of Existence, Culling Scales or Spine of Ish Sah.

Is there some more options that I don't know of?
    Null Rod is a rare sight but does happen and is usually used in tempo decks. Pray you get to Karn or Spine and it resolves or survive a Wurmcoil to do work.

Stony Silence is even more odd, so I'm assuming its vs control. You should still be favored in that match up. Make your land drops and cast big stuff, don't overextend your board in case of wipes.

Thread Information