Page 222 of 243 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 4,421 to 4,440 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Wasteland is a tempo play, but as the formats mana cost has gotten lower its impact has become less effective. I could see cutting them if you planed to add something yacht supported the game plan more. Inventor’s Fair perhaps.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    The biggest reason why we lose is because of inconsistency and mulligans. There is now a land that helps fix this problem and does it without a mana cost and without a drawback besides being a non-basic land.

I know the land seems like it doesn't have a lot of impact but it addresses the one problem that causes mud players to lose most frequently: consistency. It should get tested at least.
    I wouldn't call possible sending of one card to the bottom "fixing the consistency".

R1 vs RG Lands
    G1 - On the draw and kept my opener with an Ensnaring Bridge and 2 Darksteel Citadels, which were my first two land plays. I follow it up with Wasteland, Monolith into Metalworker since there was no danger of him comboing. He Punishing Fires the Metalworker on his turn. I play the a Thran Dynamo into an Ensnaring Bridge. Turn 5, I get an Ugin online, and Turn 6, I Chalice for 2, which prompted the scoop.
    (1-0)

SB: -3 Trinisphere, -2 Karn, Scion of Urza, -1 Ugin
    +4 Leyline of the Void, +1 Helm of Obedience, +1 Thought-Knot Seer

G2 - I Chaliced for 1 after his Exploration and get nothing but mana and swiftly die to a 20/20.
    (1-1)

G3 - I opened up with a City of Traitors into a Grim Monolith without Leyline. He opened up with an Exploration and didn't break my City. I followed my side up with a Thran Dynamo, Chalice on 2, and Wasted his Depths. I cast a Metalworker turn 3, and he casted a Molten Vortex off a Grove upping me to 21. I wasted his Grove to see if I can save my Metalworker and it did, but the robot didn't do anything but attack for the next 4 turns as we draw-go. He was missing land drops and had to discard Sylvan Library on turn 7. I get a 2nd Chalice and think what to set it to. If I set it on 3, I lock myself out of Ensnaring Bridges even though I lock him out of Krosan Grips, so I decided to Chalice for 2 again. He gets a Tireless Tracker and starts to catch up with the land drops he missed. I get a Forgemaster and get to untap with it so I tapped for 8 mana, activated the Forgemaster (keeping him in play) for a Planar Bridge and fetch Ensnaring Bridge with the 8 floating. If I fetched for Ugin here, I was open to being comboed so I fetched Ugin the turn after and got to exile his Tracker, Vortex, Marit Lage, and 2 Explorations. Now he would need 2 Grips (for Bridge and Forgemaster) if he wants to attack with a 20/20. I draw a Thought-Knot Seer and play it, he didn't respond so I see a hand without a Grip. He scoops shortly after.
    1-0 (2-1)

R2 vs ??? [Turbo Depths]
    G1 - He opens with a Karakas and a Lotus Petal so I was confused what he was playing and decided to play defensive. I played an Ensnaring Bridge turn 2 instead of a Metalworker and he didn't look happy about it. He played Dark Depths on his 2nd turn. In the next couple of turns I played Staff of Domination, Inventor's Fair, and Forgemaster, while he assembled his combo and made a 20/20 that can't attack. Eventually I get a 2nd Ensnaring Bridge in and EoT activate Forgemaster for a Metalworker and went infinite on my turn. (3-1)

SB: -3 Trinisphere, -1 Orbs of Warding, +1 Thought-Knot Seer, +1 Null Brooch, +2 Warping Wail

G2 - I get 2 Bridges in again and thought I had him on a lockdown. He makes a 20/20 and plays Rites of Consumption. I stare at the Chalice in my hand and 4 open mana and move to Game 3.
    (3-2)

SB: -2 Karn v2, -1 Ugin, +1 Orbs of Warding, +2 Warping Wail

G3 - I get a Chalice for 1 and 2 then an Ensnaring Bridge in. He misses a couple of land drops but my board only developed to 3 Metalworkers that were attacking his life total. He finds the combo (using Petal and ESG) and makes a 20/20 for defense sacrificing his only lands. We draw and go for a bit and he gets a Ghost Quarter and an Urborg, while my deck gave me 2 Wastelands. I used them both to lock him out, and I eventually drew an Ugin to exile his 20/20 and free my Metalworkers to attack.
    2-0 (4-2)

R3 vs Storm
    G1 - He mulled to 6, and I mulled to an uneventful 5 with 2 Karns and 3 lands but kept. He made me discard the 2 Karns in the first two turns. He doesn't go off for the next 3 turns, and I topdeck a Trinisphere. He goes for 4 goblins but I get a Forgemaster after 12 damage and he scoops. (5-2)

SB: -4 Bridge, -2 Karn v2, -2 Ugin, -1 Planar Bridge, -1 Dynamo, -2 Key (wrong sideout)
    +4 Leyline, +4 Wail, +1 Helm, +1 Brooch, +1 TKS, +1 Bomb

G2 - I start with a Leyline. He rips off the Two Chalices in my hand. I get a 3rd Chalice a little late and a bunch of mana, realizing I took out my payoff cards. He eventually goes off. (5-3)

SB: -1 Dynamo, +1 Karn v2 (still wasn't able to think of a correct SB plan for this then. But now, I think that I would be siding out my higher payoff cards, so siding out the mana rocks and keeping Karn v2 in would make more sense.)

G3 - I couldn't have asked for a better hand vs Storm - Leyline, Tomb, Chalice, Trinisphere, TKS, another land, forgot the 7th card. I pretended I needed to think about my hand and said keep a little after. When I got to peak at his hand with TKS, he had 2 1CCs, 2 2CCs, and a Tendrils, so I took the Tendrils. TKS might have been a surprise for him, I don't know. He scoops before I could untap with a Null Brooch a couple turns after.
    3-0 (6-3)

R4 vs Elves
    G1 - I go first and open with a Chalice on 1. Then a Trinisphere. Then a Chalice on 2. He scoops.
    (7-3)

SB: -2 Karn v2, -1 Orbs of Warding, -2 Trinisphere, +4 Warping Wail, +1 Ratchet Bomb (I feel like Trinisphere is a catch-up game on the draw)

G2 - I get a Bomb in and he has Rec Sage it. He casts a Symbiote and I responded with a Wail on his Sage. Then I Buried Ruin for the Bomb. The Bomb didn't make it in time.
    (7-4)

SB: -2 Warping Wail, +2 Trinisphere

G3 - Turn 1, I play Wasteland and Key, he plays a Sentinel. Turn 2, I play Tomb and Trinisphere, and he looks heartbroken. He plays a Cradle and passes. Turn 3, I waste his Cradle, play another Wasteland and a Metalworker, he misses his land drop. Turn 4, I reveal 4 artifacts twice through Metalworker and Key, play Planar Bridge, Bridge for a Staff of Domination and go infinite.
    4-0 (8-4)

The post lands are the most vulnerable part of the deck so I switched out of them. I opted for 4 basic lands because on top of the heavy Lands meta I am in, I've also been seeing Back to Basics in Miracles MD here. I don't think the power of basic lands should be overlooked.

@Wastelands - My opinion on Wastelands is that they are an important part of the deck because it can take advantage of situations where your opponents are struggling with lands and can serve as multiple time walks.

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by darkgh0st View Post

R1 vs RG Lands
    G1 - On the draw and kept my opener with an Ensnaring Bridge and 2 Darksteel Citadels, which were my first two land plays. I follow it up with Wasteland, Monolith into Metalworker since there was no danger of him comboing. He Punishing Fires the Metalworker on his turn. I play the a Thran Dynamo into an Ensnaring Bridge. Turn 5, I get an Ugin online, and Turn 6, I Chalice for 2, which prompted the scoop.
    (1-0)

SB: -3 Trinisphere, -2 Karn, Scion of Urza, -1 Ugin
    +4 Leyline of the Void, +1 Helm of Obedience, +1 Thought-Knot Seer

G2 - I Chaliced for 1 after his Exploration and get nothing but mana and swiftly die to a 20/20.
    (1-1)

G3 - I opened up with a City of Traitors into a Grim Monolith without Leyline. He opened up with an Exploration and didn't break my City. I followed my side up with a Thran Dynamo, Chalice on 2, and Wasted his Depths. I cast a Metalworker turn 3, and he casted a Molten Vortex off a Grove upping me to 21. I wasted his Grove to see if I can save my Metalworker and it did, but the robot didn't do anything but attack for the next 4 turns as we draw-go. He was missing land drops and had to discard Sylvan Library on turn 7. I get a 2nd Chalice and think what to set it to. If I set it on 3, I lock myself out of Ensnaring Bridges even though I lock him out of Krosan Grips, so I decided to Chalice for 2 again. He gets a Tireless Tracker and starts to catch up with the land drops he missed. I get a Forgemaster and get to untap with it so I tapped for 8 mana, activated the Forgemaster (keeping him in play) for a Planar Bridge and fetch Ensnaring Bridge with the 8 floating. If I fetched for Ugin here, I was open to being comboed so I fetched Ugin the turn after and got to exile his Tracker, Vortex, Marit Lage, and 2 Explorations. Now he would need 2 Grips (for Bridge and Forgemaster) if he wants to attack with a 20/20. I draw a Thought-Knot Seer and play it, he didn't respond so I see a hand without a Grip. He scoops shortly after.
    1-0 (2-1)

R2 vs ??? [Turbo Depths]
    G1 - He opens with a Karakas and a Lotus Petal so I was confused what he was playing and decided to play defensive. I played an Ensnaring Bridge turn 2 instead of a Metalworker and he didn't look happy about it. He played Dark Depths on his 2nd turn. In the next couple of turns I played Staff of Domination, Inventor's Fair, and Forgemaster, while he assembled his combo and made a 20/20 that can't attack. Eventually I get a 2nd Ensnaring Bridge in and EoT activate Forgemaster for a Metalworker and went infinite on my turn. (3-1)

SB: -3 Trinisphere, -1 Orbs of Warding, +1 Thought-Knot Seer, +1 Null Brooch, +2 Warping Wail

G2 - I get 2 Bridges in again and thought I had him on a lockdown. He makes a 20/20 and plays Rites of Consumption. I stare at the Chalice in my hand and 4 open mana and move to Game 3.
    (3-2)

SB: -2 Karn v2, -1 Ugin, +1 Orbs of Warding, +2 Warping Wail

G3 - I get a Chalice for 1 and 2 then an Ensnaring Bridge in. He misses a couple of land drops but my board only developed to 3 Metalworkers that were attacking his life total. He finds the combo (using Petal and ESG) and makes a 20/20 for defense sacrificing his only lands. We draw and go for a bit and he gets a Ghost Quarter and an Urborg, while my deck gave me 2 Wastelands. I used them both to lock him out, and I eventually drew an Ugin to exile his 20/20 and free my Metalworkers to attack.
    2-0 (4-2)

R3 vs Storm
    G1 - He mulled to 6, and I mulled to an uneventful 5 with 2 Karns and 3 lands but kept. He made me discard the 2 Karns in the first two turns. He doesn't go off for the next 3 turns, and I topdeck a Trinisphere. He goes for 4 goblins but I get a Forgemaster after 12 damage and he scoops. (5-2)

SB: -4 Bridge, -2 Karn v2, -2 Ugin, -1 Planar Bridge, -1 Dynamo, -2 Key (wrong sideout)
    +4 Leyline, +4 Wail, +1 Helm, +1 Brooch, +1 TKS, +1 Bomb

G2 - I start with a Leyline. He rips off the Two Chalices in my hand. I get a 3rd Chalice a little late and a bunch of mana, realizing I took out my payoff cards. He eventually goes off. (5-3)

SB: -1 Dynamo, +1 Karn v2 (still wasn't able to think of a correct SB plan for this then. But now, I think that I would be siding out my higher payoff cards, so siding out the mana rocks and keeping Karn v2 in would make more sense.)

G3 - I couldn't have asked for a better hand vs Storm - Leyline, Tomb, Chalice, Trinisphere, TKS, another land, forgot the 7th card. I pretended I needed to think about my hand and said keep a little after. When I got to peak at his hand with TKS, he had 2 1CCs, 2 2CCs, and a Tendrils, so I took the Tendrils. TKS might have been a surprise for him, I don't know. He scoops before I could untap with a Null Brooch a couple turns after.
    3-0 (6-3)

R4 vs Elves
    G1 - I go first and open with a Chalice on 1. Then a Trinisphere. Then a Chalice on 2. He scoops.
    (7-3)

SB: -2 Karn v2, -1 Orbs of Warding, -2 Trinisphere, +4 Warping Wail, +1 Ratchet Bomb (I feel like Trinisphere is a catch-up game on the draw)

G2 - I get a Bomb in and he has Rec Sage it. He casts a Symbiote and I responded with a Wail on his Sage. Then I Buried Ruin for the Bomb. The Bomb didn't make it in time.
    (7-4)

SB: -2 Warping Wail, +2 Trinisphere

G3 - Turn 1, I play Wasteland and Key, he plays a Sentinel. Turn 2, I play Tomb and Trinisphere, and he looks heartbroken. He plays a Cradle and passes. Turn 3, I waste his Cradle, play another Wasteland and a Metalworker, he misses his land drop. Turn 4, I reveal 4 artifacts twice through Metalworker and Key, play Planar Bridge, Bridge for a Staff of Domination and go infinite.
    4-0 (8-4)

The post lands are the most vulnerable part of the deck so I switched out of them. I opted for 4 basic lands because on top of the heavy Lands meta I am in, I've also been seeing Back to Basics in Miracles MD here. I don't think the power of basic lands should be overlooked.

@Wastelands - My opinion on Wastelands is that they are an important part of the deck because it can take advantage of situations where your opponents are struggling with lands and can serve as multiple time walks.
    what an original list. Don't you think you are too low on threats though? Big Eldrazi plays mana stones+ keys but they have 8-10 huge monsters to spend the mana on. I mean I see the idea and I kinda like it but Revoker on Ugin and a medium size blocker and then what? How do you spent that infinite mana w/o Ballista? How is the new KARN?

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    I play this list

Match 1 vs Miracles (2-1)

Match 2 vs BUG Delver (1-2)

Match 3 vs Blue Painter (0-2)

Match 4 vs Slivers (2-0)

Match 5 vs Landstill (2-0)

i try to change

2 Batterskull
    1 Fleetwheel Cruiser

for

1-2 Voltaic Key
    1-2 Crucible of Worlds

some people play Back To Basics or play more wastelands

Jan 2010
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by NickDoom View Post
    I play this list

Match 1 vs Miracles (2-1)

Match 2 vs BUG Delver (1-2)

Match 3 vs Blue Painter (0-2)

Match 4 vs Slivers (2-0)

Match 5 vs Landstill (2-0)

i try to change

2 Batterskull
    1 Fleetwheel Cruiser

for

1-2 Voltaic Key
    1-2 Crucible of Worlds

some people play Back To Basics or play more wastelands
    maybe Voltaic Servant - comes t1 untaps Traxxos and Monolith, early bloker can carry Batterskull and is a Construct :) I'll try this list but will add some Ballistas

Quote Originally Posted by AmokPL View Post
    maybe Voltaic Servant - comes t1 untaps Traxxos and Monolith, early bloker can carry Batterskull and is a Construct :) I'll try this list but will add some Ballistas
    Need 1 or 2 crucible for recycle inventor's fair and wastelands

Don't you think you are too low on threats though? Big Eldrazi plays mana stones+ keys but they have 8-10 huge monsters to spend the mana on.
    The more higher CCs the deck has, the more inconsistent the deck becomes, so I wanted to stay mid-range. Besides, I want to play MUD, not Big Eldrazi. You may be right about having a low number of threat count. This list is my first draft into a redesigned MUD deck and that was the first tournament I took it to.

Revoker on Ugin and a medium size blocker and then what?
    I see your point here too, 2 Revokers (on Ugin and Staff) can shut down the primary win cons. When I designed it, I wanted to make something that would survive and beat a heavy Lands metagame. My LGS has gone from 4 DnT decks to non-existent so I didn't have that deck in mind. There will be adjustments for sure.

How do you spent that infinite mana w/o Ballista?
    When you have infinite mana, infinite life, draw, tap, and untap, people normally concede to it. If they don't, I guess you just spam the board until they decide to concede. Ballista is a win-more in that combo situation.

How is the new KARN?
    He didn't get to see much action during the tournament, but in my testing, he's been pretty good. Especially in this deck where he can hide behind a bridge, develop your hand or the board, then you pop the bridge and attack for lethal. You also get scenarios with him making a 3/3 turn 1 or 2 that grows to 5+ easily. Also, Planeswalkers are my current answer vs 4 color control.

Hi guys.

Kindly also join this fb group
    https://web.facebook.com/groups/178310812825268/

You can also post pics of your decks and decklists there.

Its open for us MUD players.

Thanks!
    Team Budget
    "Deadly When Hungry"

Quote Originally Posted by Noctalor View Post
    So, this is the kind of Traxos list I would like to try

//Lands
    4 [TMP] Ancient Tomb
    4 [AVR] Cavern of Souls
    4 [EXO] City of Traitors
    1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter
    1 [KLD] Inventors' Fair
    1 [LEG] Karakas
    4 [ATQ] Mishra's Factory
    4 [TMP] Wasteland

//Spells
    2 [NPH] Batterskull
    4 [MRD] Chalice of the Void
    1 [KLD] Fleetwheel Cruiser
    4 [ULG] Grim Monolith
    4 [DOM] Karn, Scion of Urza
    3 [MRD] Lightning Greaves
    3 [NEM] Tangle Wire
    4 [DST] Trinisphere

//Creatures
    4 [WWK] Lodestone Golem
    4 [UDS] Metalworker
    4 [DOM] Traxos, Scourge of Kroog

The idea is to play on a lower curve and to try to win as fast as possible.

Karn should be pretty good in this deck just as token generator, -2 twice is pretty good and likely to spawn at least 4/4s or 5/5s.
    Traxos is likely to have no real drawback here, we dont really need tools to untap him, we are likely to just naturally have enough artifacts to just keep him swinging.
    both lightning greaves and tangle wire are here to make our clock as reliable as possible, greaves should be super good in this list, we are likely to have a creature to play, and both haste and shroud is relevant.
    Not sure about BS as the top of the curve, both it and fleetwheel may underperform.

Thoughts?
    I love everything about this list except Fleetwheel Crusier. Seems like a pointless card when they are so many better options. I would rather play Wurmcoil Engine or Precursor Golem or another lockpiece in that slot.

Tangle Wire also seems iffy. There’s better (more reliable and consistent) lock pieces no?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    I love everything about this list except Fleetwheel Crusier. Seems like a pointless card when they are so many better options. I would rather play Wurmcoil Engine or Precursor Golem or another lockpiece in that slot.

Tangle Wire also seems iffy. There’s better (more reliable and consistent) lock pieces no?
    Hey, I'll try to explain most of the cards
    The idea is to go aggro as hard as possible, not sure if it's going to work with this list, but fleetweel is pretty good if we are already aggroing, 1 traxos hit and a fetch means that the next hit is lethal if we have a fleetweel, which is likely to be unexpected.
    Also, crew is rather easy to obtain with 8 manlands, which i added to the list, wurmcoil would probably take batterskull's place, we dont really want to go heavy on costs ideally.
    Wire is a test, the idea is that with wire we have a chence to get a bunch of free hits/karn activations, not sure if it's going to work.

Im currently working more on staxx, had the chance to play karn and it is absolutely insane, in this MUD kard is likely ot be our best aggro tool, the token spam is often good enough to win the board against anything.
    At the moment this is the list im running tho

// 60 Maindeck
    // 19 Artifact
    3 Fleetwheel Cruiser
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Lightning Greaves
    3 Trinisphere
    2 Tangle Wire

// 15 Creature
    4 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 Metalworker
    3 Walking Ballista

// 22 Land
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Mishra's Factory
    4 Mutavault
    1 Karakas
    4 Grasping Dunes
    1 Inventors' Fair

// 4 Planeswalker
    4 Karn, Scion of Urza

// 15 Sideboard
    // 13 Artifact
    SB: 3 Umezawa's Jitte
    SB: 3 Tormod's Crypt
    SB: 3 Sphere of Resistance
    SB: 2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    SB: 2 Ratchet Bomb

// 2 Creature
    SB: 2 Spellskite

The main changes are
    3x balista, 4x dunes, balista is good so it doesnt really need explainations, dunes is kinda bad so it does, both cards are here because we absolutely need to have an easy out to baleful strix, the card hits us super hard if we dont play removals, dunes is actually better than cavern in my opinion here for this reason, also, ballista happens to be pretty good at crewing fleetwheel.

8x manland, to have an easy way to crew out fleetwheels, also, all we really want is to hit as hard as we can, so manlands are only going to help

SB is still kinda random, so i can't really say much about that.

In the few tests i got i noticed that maverik is a nightmare (we are likely to fold to knight unless we have karn), combo is a bye, moon stompy is pretty hard if not unwinnable, we have a good shot against blue decks regardless of colors
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Apr 2018
    France

I really like your deck, it is a nice change from the classical build.

On another topic, my local metagame doesn't have any dragon stompy deck. Does anyone play against this deck often ? I am quite sure it is a very hard MU for us with blood moons and MD artifact destruction.

Apr 2018
    France

Hello everyone
    Just a quick post about the eternal weekend. I was a bit disappointed by the attendance : only 300 people showed up. Maybe because of the strikes currently in France (as usual ...) but I would have thought people would have been more interested as GP Birmingham is just next week.
    Anyway I didn't performed well finishing at 5-4 with 2 byes... haha
    A report will be posted as soon as I come back from the US.
    I was a bit unlucky with my draws and the toss. I also made the biggest misplay I have never made x)

Interestingly a former Mud player finished second with Dragon stompy

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

How have people running numerous traxos liking it? Im still very leary about running a pack of the same legendary in lieu of a diverse threat set. I'm currently trying karn the newer out instead of the bottled cloister, and added ab1x traxos. I havent play tested in a live tournament yet tho.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Also, been giving back to basics some more thought. Has anyone ever tried running deserted temple?
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Jun 2012
    NY

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Also, been giving back to basics some more thought. Has anyone ever tried running deserted temple?
    What's the play you have in mind with deserted temple?

Tap sol land -> use 1 mana, tap deserted temple, untap sol land -> tap sol land = 3 mana.

or

Tap sol land -> tap any other land = 3 mana.

Though I guess it could help late game with several cloudposts in play. Voltaic key might be better overall.... not sure.

Feb 2015
    Sweden

Hello everyone!

I've been out of the magic scene for too long but i got a new decklist that im thinking of building.
    Been also reading a tiny bit on this forum this morning and took some inspirations from you guys so, no cred to me really.

Artifact (20)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    4x Grim Monolith
    1x Heart of Kiran
    4x Mox Diamond
    1x Mox Opal
    1x Lightning Greaves
    1x Batterskull
    2x Trinisphere
    1x Voltaic Key

Land (24)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    1x Buried Ruin
    4x City of Traitors
    3x Darksteel Citadel
    4x Grasping Dunes
    1x Karakas
    4x Mishra's Factory
    3x Wasteland

Creature (12)
    4x Lodestone Golem
    4x Metalworker
    4x Traxos, Scourge of Kroog

Planeswalker (4)
    4x Karn, Scion of Urza

Im thinking, with the cheaper artifacts and inclusion of Darksteel Citadel (we need lands) that it can powerup Karns construct tokens. It also lets us power out our cards easier, but i can see cutting them.
    I added Wasteland at the moment and a crucible to synergies with the Moxes but as Dice_Box , its more of a tempo play and apparently the format is faster so i can see me cutting them for Cavern of Souls.
    The Moxes can also work as a cheaper way to untap Traxos, also increases the likelihood to have 2 mana on turn 1
    Also, the Sphere can hamper the slower but bigger Locus Manabase so i thought this would be a better suited one... atleast im willing to try it out.
    Heart of Kiran seems spicy and can be quite the force with that turn 1 into karn turn 2, being able to attack and block on our turn two.
    Grasping Dunes was added because i saw someone mentioning Baleful strix and it can certainly kill other pesky 1/1s we might face.

I really want to add a Fleet Wheel Cruiser and a Batterskull.
    I also think i may be missing atleast a Trinisphere mainboard.

The landcount is... not too high, maybe even too low to support Mox Diamond but i haven't been working on it for too long.

What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I was only really planning to get 1 or 2 Karn but wow, i goldfished a bit and it can just snowball! The list has 4 and i guess i should get 4, he seems awesome.
    EDIT2: I remvoed 2 Dynamos for 1 Greaves and 1 Batterskull
    Last edited by Runninonwater; 05-18-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Runninonwater View Post
    Hello everyone!

I've been out of the magic scene for too long but i got a new decklist that im thinking of building.
    Been also reading a tiny bit on this forum this morning and took some inspirations from you guys so, no cred to me really.

Artifact (20)
    4x Chalice of the Void
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    4x Grim Monolith
    1x Heart of Kiran
    4x Mox Diamond
    1x Mox Opal
    2x Thran Dynamo
    2x Trinisphere
    1x Voltaic Key

Land (24)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    1x Buried Ruin
    4x City of Traitors
    3x Darksteel Citadel
    4x Grasping Dunes
    1x Karakas
    4x Mishra's Factory
    3x Wasteland

Creature (12)
    4x Lodestone Golem
    4x Metalworker
    4x Traxos, Scourge of Kroog

Planeswalker (4)
    4x Karn, Scion of Urza

Im thinking, with the cheaper artifacts and inclusion of Darksteel Citadel (we need lands) that it can powerup Karns construct tokens. It also lets us power out our cards easier, but i can see cutting them.
    I added Wasteland at the moment and a crucible to synergies with the Moxes but as Dice_Box , its more of a tempo play and apparently the format is faster so i can see me cutting them for Cavern of Souls.
    The Moxes can also work as a cheaper way to untap Traxos, also increases the likelihood to have 2 mana on turn 1
    Also, the Sphere can hamper the slower but bigger Locus Manabase so i thought this would be a better suited one... atleast im willing to try it out.
    For backup i added a Thran Dynamo and a Voltaic Key as well.
    Heart of Kiran seems spicy and can be quite the force with that turn 1 into karn turn 2, being able to attack and block on our turn two.
    Grasping Dunes was added because i saw someone mentioning Baleful strix and it can certainly kill other pesky 1/1s we might face.

I really want to add a Fleet Wheel Cruiser and a Batterskull.
    I also think i may be missing atleast a Trinisphere mainboard.

The landcount is... not too high, maybe even too low to support Mox Diamond but i haven't been working on it for too long.

What do you guys think?

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: I was only really planning to get 1 or 2 Karn but wow, i goldfished a bit and it can just snowball! The list has 4 and i guess i should get 4, he seems awesome.
    I like your list.
    I believe you could cut the dynamos, your highest costing card is 4. I'd go for 1 boots, 1 batterskull. 2 Trini has been good for me, it don't think you need to go up on them.

Feb 2015
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    I like your list.
    I believe you could cut the dynamos, your highest costing card is 4. I'd go for 1 boots, 1 batterskull. 2 Trini has been good for me, it don't think you need to go up on them.
    Dynamos aren't there for the high manacurve, its more of a another "safer" form av mana producer (atleast thats what im thinking) but im gonna think about it!
    Boots and a batterskull would be swell.
    And thanks! Im still iffy about the one off Mox Opal, but i really like the Darksteel Citadels. We need our lands, it adds artifacts to the deck and improves Metalworker.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Runninonwater View Post
    Dynamos aren't there for the high manacurve, its more of a another "safer" form av mana producer (atleast thats what im thinking) but im gonna think about it!
    Boots and a batterskull would be swell.
    And thanks! Im still iffy about the one off Mox Opal, but i really like the Darksteel Citadels. We need our lands, it adds artifacts to the deck and improves Metalworker.
    Metalworker seems a bit out of place for the same reason, not enough mana sinks for it, but I might be wrong. You could add 1-2 ballista for that, or cut em for some more disruption pieces (thorns, thought-knot) or more threats. You gotta close the game fast as you're cutting the lategame options. Also with artifact lands and no coils it's autoloss if the opponent cast a null rod.

Thread Information