Page 223 of 243 FirstFirst ... 123173213219220221222223224225226227233 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Feb 2015
    Sweden

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    Metalworker seems a bit out of place for the same reason, not enough mana sinks for it, but I might be wrong. You could add 1-2 ballista for that, or cut em for some more disruption pieces (thorns, thought-knot) or more threats. You gotta close the game fast as you're cutting the lategame options. Also with artifact lands and no coils it's autoloss if the opponent cast a null rod.
    Hm, ok.

I forgot to update that i actually made the first switch that you sugested, changed the 2 Dynamos for Greaves and Batterskull. I goldfished for a bit and it was nice.
    i feel metalworker is awesome for when you need those really explosive turns, but then again it could be win more.
    Wouldn't Thorn slow me down way too much?

Im gonna see what i can cut for the Ballistas, otherwise i add a few to the sideboard, tho i feel that they would be awesome in the mainboard.

Removing 2-3 Darksteel Citadels for Cavern of Souls. I can also go down a Wasteland maybe?

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Runninonwater View Post
    Hm, ok.

I forgot to update that i actually made the first switch that you sugested, changed the 2 Dynamos for Greaves and Batterskull. I goldfished for a bit and it was nice.
    i feel metalworker is awesome for when you need those really explosive turns, but then again it could be win more.
    Wouldn't Thorn slow me down way too much?

Im gonna see what i can cut for the Ballistas, otherwise i add a few to the sideboard, tho i feel that they would be awesome in the mainboard.

Removing 2-3 Darksteel Citadels for Cavern of Souls. I can also go down a Wasteland maybe?
    You don't need 4 caverns as there are not too many creatures on the list to overlap, 2 should be enough. 1 inventor's fair could be nice to get the first traxos. Apart from that, it goes more from playtesting, kee p us posted :)

SB could go something like this:
    2 ratchet bomb (for ensnaring bridge)
    2 ballista
    3 faerie macabre/tormod
    4 thorn
    2 spyglass (against painter, vial, etc)
    2 warping wail

Feb 2015
    Sweden

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    You don't need 4 caverns as there are not too many creatures on the list to overlap, 2 should be enough. 1 inventor's fair could be nice to get the first traxos. Apart from that, it goes more from playtesting, kee p us posted :)

SB could go something like this:
    2 ratchet bomb (for ensnaring bridge)
    2 ballista
    3 faerie macabre/tormod
    4 thorn
    2 spyglass (against painter, vial, etc)
    2 warping wail
    Yes, that was my thought as well that i don't need 4, i switched for 1 Darksteel and 2 Caverns instead of 3 Darksteel. And its true, it could need inventor's fair.
    Maybe even either cut 1 Wasteland or 1 Grasping Dunes for the Fair.

And yes, i hope i can testplay it.

Thanks for the sideboard tips!

What's the game plan and sideboard tech people are using against RG lands? They are such a versatile beast. Threats that need dealt with while still being concerned about the others. 1. Stage depths 20/20 token. 2. Loam wasteland lock. 3. Punishing fire engine. 4. Tireless tracker and krosan grip out of their board. . . All suggestions are helpful.

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkX9 View Post
    What's the game plan and sideboard tech people are using against RG lands? They are such a versatile beast. Threats that need dealt with while still being concerned about the others. 1. Stage depths 20/20 token. 2. Loam wasteland lock. 3. Punishing fire engine. 4. Tireless tracker and krosan grip out of their board. . . All suggestions are helpful.
    I personally try to put a chalice on 2 as soon as possible (I usually don't cast chalice for X = 1) if I don't have any gravehate. (typically G1 on the play)
    The best situation is when they are tapped down and you have the possibility to fetch an emperion and directly equip greaves on it.
    Concerning the sideboard plan : I am removing trinispheres and Ugin (they will make their token at the end of our turn anyway) and will take spyglasses and grave hate. I once lived in an area full of GR lands, so I tried Ankh of Mishra. It was very funny to watch land players almost killing themselves.
    But yeah it is definitely a rough MU.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkX9 View Post
    Always a tough match. Agreed, chalice 2 is boss. Also, i run sb bridges, which are great. They can still draw into combo, so i also like to spyglass before chalice 2, if possible, or otherwise fetch a spyglass. Ironically, lage is black, so he, exploration, manabound, etc are all hit by ugin, which is usally a good ride behind a bridge. Also, i run a thespians stage which is occasionally relevant. And all their creatures are susceptible to ta0 down by staff. Also early thorns can mess with them.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    It was already mentionned a few pages before. I am not personnaly sure about this land. Of course the deck is missing tools for cantrips but I am not sure we can afford this type of land. I prefer by far wasteland, cavern of souls or inventor's fair. I am more inclined to add Karn for this purpose.
    Been testing with one karn and one of the new 7x7 monsters. Karn has been basic ok, in place of cloister or portal, but underwhelming. He does take over behind a bridge tho. I like the 7x7, tho. Thing is gross. May move a wurmcoil to sb and put a second one in its place. Trample is super real.

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Been testing with one karn and one of the new 7x7 monsters. Karn has been basic ok, in place of cloister or portal, but underwhelming. He does take over behind a bridge tho. I like the 7x7, tho. Thing is gross. May move a wurmcoil to sb and put a second one in its place. Trample is super real.
    Aren't you afraid of strix (still 6 dmg ok) ?
    I am quite surprised of keeping Ugin, I am almost always stuck with it in hand when playing against Lands. I use my grim monoliths preferably on wurmcoil, hellkite, kuldotha or ballista.
    Also agreed on the staff - bridge plan. I don't always have a bridge in side. Against S&T I prefer replicant and spine but I understand the point.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Aren't you afraid of strix (still 6 dmg ok) ?
    I am quite surprised of keeping Ugin, I am almost always stuck with it in hand when playing against Lands. I use my grim monoliths preferably on wurmcoil, hellkite, kuldotha or ballista.
    Also agreed on the staff - bridge plan. I don't always have a bridge in side. Against S&T I prefer replicant and spine but I understand the point.
    Yeah, duplicant is ok vs show, but if they are a good s and tell player, they dont show emrakul. Pushing through damage is fine with traxos, although strix is a pain. Ugin stays as a 1x post board vs lands for occasional blowouts and needing to win behind bridge. May also go back to a sb karn, liberated, which ive since taken out

Two other choice questions. Has anyone tried either phyrexian metamorph in flex slots or monkey cage in the sb? Ive been toying with the ideas. Both do interesting things in specific matches. I didnt know monkey cage existed until like last week.

Apr 2018
    France

Yeah, duplicant is ok vs show, but if they are a good s and tell player, they dont show emrakul. Pushing through damage is fine with traxos, although strix is a pain. Ugin stays as a 1x post board vs lands for occasional blowouts and needing to win behind bridge. May also go back to a sb karn, liberated, which ive since taken out

Two other choice questions. Has anyone tried either phyrexian metamorph in flex slots or monkey cage in the sb? Ive been toying with the ideas. Both do interesting things in specific matches. I didnt know monkey cage existed until like last week.
    Yup I agree on that too, but it's still a good fetchable artifact against a big creature.
    I have tried monkey cage and ... i didn't really liked it. On the long run grisel will still win, and against Emrakul you just have better options (IMO).

Feb 2015
    Sweden

@silverflame
    I've started to acquire some of the cards and i picked up a Umezawa's Jitte. I thought it could be good as a 1 off in the main or sideboard, to take care of annoying creatures like Strix and it fastens the clock. Its pretty cool with Trample as well.
    It also makes my Manlands better / a bigger threat.

Changes:
    -1 Voltaic Key, +1 Karn Liberated (-1 SB)
    +1 Thran Dynamo, +1 Crucible of Worlds (-1 SB)
    SB +2 Wurmcoil Engine - currently taking the Karn v1 and Crucible slot.

Games from May 11 FNM:

2-0 vs RG Lands
    2-1 vs Grixis Delver
    2-1 vs RG Lands

GP Toronto Side Events:

T1:
    2-0 vs Tin Fins
    2-0 vs RG Lands
    2-1 vs BUG Delver

T2:
    2-0 vs Deadguy Ale
    2-1 vs RG Lands
    1-2 vs BUG Leovold (stopped a 12 win streak. Unfortunate as he had Null Rods both G2 and 3.)

T3:
    0-2 vs BUG Food Chain (he had the T4 both games and I couldn't interact)
    2-0 vs Moon and Taxes
    1-2 vs Grixis Delver

At this point, I made some changes:
    -1 Darsteel Citadel
    +1 Cavern of Souls
    -1 Trinisphere
    -1 Ugin
    +2 Sorcerous Spyglass

SB:
    -1 Null Brooch (too slow)
    -1 Trading Post (too slow, barely saw play)
    -1 Warping Wail (had too many)
    +1 Thought-Knot Seer
    +1 Dismember
    +1 Sorcerous Spyglass

T4:
    2-0 vs BUG Leovold (rematch of tourney 2)
    2-1 vs Bant Deathblade
    ID vs Sneak and Show (friend)

T5:
    2-1 vs Nic Fit (Teeg didn't ended up being a problem, but my opponent didn't really know how to play the match-up)
    2-1 vs RG Lands
    2-0 vs Omni-Sneak and Show

T6:
    2-1 vs Reanimator
    0-2 vs Grixis Delver (w/Stifle, stopped a 6 win streak)
    2-1 vs Colorless Eldrazi

Total for the event: 13-4-1 (28-15)
    So far: 20-4-1 (42-21)

There's a weak spot against Grixis Delver, which needs to be worked on.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Grixis delver on the draw is super annoying, as it is for relatively everyone. I do and don't love the idea of umezawa jitte. I think that its great in some matches, where creatures are an issue. Ive been sbing razormane masticore, which cold stops a gurmag and kills every other non true name threat.

Edit:and he was on the stifle build, which is even worse for us. The feel bads of having a forgemaster stifled is super real. Its why i tend to try to draw my deck vs non leovold delver.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Yup I agree on that too, but it's still a good fetchable artifact against a big creature.
    I have tried monkey cage and ... i didn't really liked it. On the long run grisel will still win, and against Emrakul you just have better options (IMO).
    Yea, my issue has been removing karn, liberated and just needing a solid answer. Staff does that to some degree, by tapping stuff down, but it isnt a perfect science.

Feb 2015
    Sweden

Grixis delver on the draw is super annoying, as it is for relatively everyone. I do and don't love the idea of umezawa jitte. I think that its great in some matches, where creatures are an issue. Ive been sbing razormane masticore, which cold stops a gurmag and kills every other non true name threat.

Edit:and he was on the stifle build, which is even worse for us. The feel bads of having a forgemaster stifled is super real. Its why i tend to try to draw my deck vs non leovold delver.
    Razormane can be really nice in my build if i can manage to get a Karn, Scion of Urza out that can fuel it. Thanks for the tips, 2 in the sideboard? Im thinking 1 but...

Sideboard (15)
    3x Faerie Macabre
    2x Ratchet Bomb
    1x Razormane Masticore
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    3x Thorn of Amethyst
    2x Walking Ballista
    2x Warping Wail

^this is the sideboard atm. Got the list from silverflame but removed a thorn and added the Razormane

Im open to suggestions.
    I've been thinking about Aethersphere Harvester, its a 3/5 that can be crewed by Metalworker alone. Maybe thats a better fit than a 1 off Jitte? Not sure.
    I feel like the build is tight and at the same time... yeah.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

[/QUOTE] .
    Sideboard (15)
    3x Faerie Macabre
    2x Ratchet Bomb
    1x Razormane Masticore
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    3x Thorn of Amethyst
    2x Walking Ballista
    2x Warping Wail

[/QUOTE]

I have a different build, but i run 3 thorns mb. Razormane is indeed best as a 1x. We can tutor it as a silver bullet, and is in general just gross, but two hurts us too much. You might consider a split bt the fae and a tormod crypt. Remember, fae can be needled.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Here is the current working list for scg con... thoughts? I am currently on 1x traxos, bc i really, really dont want the legendary rule to cost me games. Dunno if i want 3x wurmcoil, either. And I am beginning to think 2x cities may be fine, and may be better served running spyglasses mb instead of...something. Maybe the sundering titan and some incidental card. It was really hard to find a space for 2x karns. God it was hard. Cut two artifacts, which also lowered my artifact count. Dunno. Anyway, list is currently follows.

Deck: Legacy MUD For SCG CON.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:18
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    1 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    2 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    1 Steel Hellkite
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

Spells:19
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Grim Monolith
    1 Lightning Greaves
    3 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Staff of Domination
    2 Trinisphere
    1 Ghirapur Orrery
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza
    1 Spine of Ish Sah
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:24
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Buried Ruin
    2 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    1 Deserted Temple
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    2 Faerie Macabre
    1 Razormane Masticore
    1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    3 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Spatial Contortion
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    1 Nevinyrral's Disk
    1 Orbs of Warding
    1 All Is Dust

Apr 2018
    France

Hi,

I also join you about the legendary rule, but maybe 2 of is still fine ? Worst case it allows you to untap the previous traxos.
    Interesting list, I am quite doubtful about the kuldotha in just 2 exemplars. I would personally cut the sundering titan for a third kuldotha.
    About the MD sorcerous, what do you think of switching spine & 1 staff ?

But I really like the fact you are playing a MUD list a bit different than usual.
    We have previously debated about G. Orrery, I guess it's very good against deck with basically blue cards but I guess you don't play it/side out against D&T - burn - lands - turbo depths - nic fit etc ?
    On another topic, why is 1 Nevinyrral's Disk here ? against what kind of decks do you side it in ?

[Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Can't believe 3 chalice is correct (unless moon stompy has taken over completely???)
    I bet 4th chalice must be better than your second thorne, given that a third of your decks are non-lands non-creatures.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Did testing. Didnt like not running ballista. Also running 2 karns and a weatherlight instead of traxos. The tap clause is relevent.

Thread Information