Page 226 of 243 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

4 cavern Of souls

4 ancient tomb

4 city of traitors

4 great furnace

4 wasteland

2 dwarven Ruins

If you’re not familiar, Dwarven ruins is part of the fallen empires sac land cycle, they come into play tapped, add R, or sac to add RR. The cycle has seen some play in legacy, in some Aluren lists (haven wood battleground , the green one)

I want to play Welder and lack much acceleration besides monolith metalworker and the sol lands

I also need red sources to cast welder

The sac land seems to be a good fit

Any opinions?

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    So, my gut feeling is that MUD will be a solid choice while the meta's in flux over the next month or two, because:
    1) Post ban, it's always good to do something proactive and powerful
    2) There's gonna be a lot of Reanimator, Sneak & Show, RUG, and Miracles, all of which we can punish with shit like Chalice, Lodestone, and Thorn

I'm a bit nervous about DnT rearing its head, though Ballista and Spyglass are useful printings since DnT was super popular a year or two ago. Here's the 75 I'll be trying next week:

4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone
    3 Forgemaster
    3 Wurmcoil
    1 Emperion
    1 Sundering Titan
    2 Ballista
    2 Ugin

4 Monolith
    4 Chalice
    4 Thorn
    2 Greaves
    1 Spyglass
    1 Staff of Domination

3 Wasteland
    4 Tomb
    3 City
    11 Post
    2 Cavern
    1 Inventors' Fair

1 Ballista
    2 Spine
    1 Contagion Engine
    2 Portal (maybe this becomes Karn 3.0)
    2 Crucible
    2 Spyglass
    2 Tsabo's Web
    3 Tormod's Crypt

(This isn't a huge departure from my old lists. Main changes are 4 Thorn - I'd been on just 2 Trinisphere for a while - and reintroducing Spine to the board.)
    I like your list but maybe 4 thorns is a bit too many. They are going to be harder and harder to cast and it will be harder to cast Ugin (which usually just wins you the game if it hits the board)
    I also think that now sundering titan can shine again.
    How do you fell about no blightsteel colossus ? Of course it is sometimes an overkill, but the "indestructible" part is useful against some decks. I still have in memory a game against Lands where he had to block with 3 marit lage to finally find a maze of ith.
    Personally I am currently building a deck with crucible MD and 2 karns. I am a bit afraid of wastelands again. Moreover if we are going to fight against goblins again I want to have Ugin on the board as fast as possible. The new trashmaster is insanely good against us. Hopefull the deck will not be heavily played.
    I have also thought of contagion engine, is it really good ? I guess it is mainly played against DnT and merfolk. I think it also synergizes quite well with our PW and ballista. I should give it a try.

@Troll of grimness
    I like your idea of Dwarven ruins, I have also thought of spire of industry.
    However I haven't looked into a welder build. In that case it may be interesting to try the plan with blood sun and lands like scorched ruins to cheat a massive early threat. (like t1 : welder, t2 bloodsun, t3 scorched ruins + sundering titan/steel hellkite/wurmcoil etc etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    I like your list but maybe 4 thorns is a bit too many. They are going to be harder and harder to cast and it will be harder to cast Ugin (which usually just wins you the game if it hits the board)
    I also think that now sundering titan can shine again.
    How do you fell about no blightsteel colossus ? Of course it is sometimes an overkill, but the "indestructible" part is useful against some decks. I still have in memory a game against Lands where he had to block with 3 marit lage to finally find a maze of ith.
    Personally I am currently building a deck with crucible MD and 2 karns. I am a bit afraid of wastelands again. Moreover if we are going to fight against goblins again I want to have Ugin on the board as fast as possible. The new trashmaster is insanely good against us. Hopefull the deck will not be heavily played.
    I have also thought of contagion engine, is it really good ? I guess it is mainly played against DnT and merfolk. I think it also synergizes quite well with our PW and ballista. I should give it a try.

@Troll of grimness
    I like your idea of Dwarven ruins, I have also thought of spire of industry.
    However I haven't looked into a welder build. In that case it may be interesting to try the plan with blood sun and lands like scorched ruins to cheat a massive early threat. (like t1 : welder, t2 bloodsun, t3 scorched ruins + sundering titan/steel hellkite/wurmcoil etc etc)
    The worst deck for MUD and all decks that haven't FOW, BU Reanimator, the sideboard should have more anti graveyard hate

Apr 2018
    France

Agreed on the fact that it is a terrible MU before side. After side I usually run faerie macabre but I guess i will switch again on the Leyline plan.
    It will make our MU easier against lands. I also like having a replicant in my SB for games against reanimator and S&T.

Apr 2018
    France

Here is the list I'm planning to play according to my feeling about the possible current meta.
    The land part is still perfectible, as I am playing crucible I may go to the 4x city of traitors.
    Also I may cut a land (cavern ?) to introduce a urborg.
    The possibility to play Karakas MD is also possible.

Creatures 18
    Blightsteel colossus 1
    Kuldotha Forgemaster 3
    Lodestone golem 4
    Metalworker 4
    Platinum emperion 1
    Steel Hellkite 1
    Sundering titan 1
    Wurmcoil engine 3

Planeswalkers 4
    Ugin, the spirit dragon 2
    Karn, scion of Urza 2

Artifacts 15
    Chalice of the void 4
    Crucible of world 1
    Grim Monolith 4
    Lightning greaves 2
    Staff of domination 1
    Sorcerous Spyglass 1
    Trinisphere 2

Lands 24
    Ancient tomb 4
    Cavern of souls 3
    City of traitors 3
    Cloudpost 4
    Glimmerpost 4
    Thespian Stage 1
    Vesuva 2
    Wasteland 2
    Inventor's fair 1

Total 61

Sideboard 15

Duplicant 1
    Leyline of the void 4
    Orbs of warding 1
    Sorcerous spyglass 2
    Spine of Ish sah 1
    Thorn of amethyst 2
    Warping wail 2
    Ensnaring Bridge 1
    Contagion Engine 1

EDIT : corrected page layout

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Theres also sandstone needle, if you want a tapped double red land. Im pretty sure that im not high on thorns. Rug doesnt care much about that. Might go up actual factual sphere of restistances
    in the sb for elves and gobbos. Also, warping wail is likely correct. I am running two ugins AND two all is dust mb until further testing. I dunno if i like leyline. I will never be casting them so they rot in my hand. Forgemaster can be easily stifled, so id rather invest mana in two staff, four worker. I may also go up to 4 monolith or three monolith, two dynamos. Draw engines and ballista plan are better if leovold isnt present. Thoughtseize and hymn decks will likely decline. These are my first observations. I will try to post a cobbled together day 1 list in a few, but i have no clue what to expect exactly, except that miracles is now t1 so new ulamog in the sb seems better than average.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Also, in addition to blood sun, one other consideration in actual, factual red is trash for treasure. Seems good with several pieces, especially if you run battleball.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

This is my day 1 list:

Deck: Legacy MUD Post Ban 7-7-18.dec

Counts : 60 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:18
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    2 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    1 Steel Hellkite
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Myr Battlesphere
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

Spells:19
    4 Chalice of the Void
    3 Grim Monolith
    1 Lightning Greaves
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    2 Staff of Domination
    2 Trinisphere
    1 Coercive Portal
    2 Thran Dynamo
    1 All Is Dust
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:23
    4 Ancient Tomb
    2 Buried Ruin
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Thespian's Stage
    1 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    3 Faerie Macabre
    1 Sundering Titan
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 Karn, Scion of Urza

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

As I am thinking about this, only running to forge Masters means I can probably get away with two monolith and 3 Dynamo. What Rex us at this point? Obviously recall and ancient Grudge, and no Rod is super annoying. They are all two drops

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    As I am thinking about this, only running to forge Masters means I can probably get away with two monolith and 3 Dynamo. What Rex us at this point? Obviously recall and ancient Grudge, and no Rod is super annoying. They are all two drops
    Back to basics and the new Goblin too (we need to stop their lackey to have a chance).

MTGO Legacy Challenge results after the bannings,

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2018-07-09

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_AGUILA View Post
    The worst deck for MUD and all decks that haven't FOW, BU Reanimator, the sideboard should have more anti graveyard hate
    Someone on reddit said, basically, the same thing, which is shocking to me. Sure, we're not a Force of Will deck, but as long as we don't get turn 1'd, we have access to Lodestone, Chalice, Thorn, Trinisphere, Wasteland, Spyglass, etc. I would definitely recommend running 3+ pieces of grave hate in your board right now, but if Reanimator really is popular, I think we're totally fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_ov_Grimness View Post
    MTGO Legacy Challenge results after the bannings,

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...nge-2018-07-09
    I don´t see any MUD, only colorless deck, Eldrazi Agro

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_AGUILA View Post
    I don´t see any MUD, only colorless deck, Eldrazi Agro
    MUD is not a very popular deck so I am not disappointed by these results. Moreover even pros have to suffer from variance. Let's see in a couple of months !

Additionally lots of MUD player have switched to eldrazi wich is thought to be more stable (but far less fun IMO)

Apr 2018
    France

What are your thoughts about torpor orb (reminder "Creatures entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.") if Gob decks become more and more popular ?

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    What are your thoughts about torpor orb (reminder "Creatures entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.") if Gob decks become more and more popular ?
    It's a good card against goblins and D&T, I used to run it with reasonable success.

Since the meta shifted, I was thinking on going more combo oriented. I'll remove the post lands and replace with factories, red mana and utilities. 2 Blood Sun MD against wastelands/Rishadan. Gonna test it a bit before posting a list.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverflame View Post
    It's a good card against goblins and D&T, I used to run it with reasonable success.

Since the meta shifted, I was thinking on going more combo oriented. I'll remove the post lands and replace with factories, red mana and utilities. 2 Blood Sun MD against wastelands/Rishadan. Gonna test it a bit before posting a list.
    Be Careful with Blood Sun!!!! versus turbo depths,lands is very bad because the 20/20 with the depths take only wirh the land.

I really think the deck would have a lot more success if it stayed lower casting cost and played more hate cards akin to Dragon Stompy or Vintage Shops decks.

Traxos is a fantastic and cheap win condition we now have access to.

Perhaps a build like this...

4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Wasteland
    4 Darksteel Citadel
    3 Mox Opal
    3 Lotus Petal

4 Arcbound Ravager
    4 Steel Overseer
    4 Foundry Inspector
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog

4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Thorn of Amethyst

4 Thought-Knot Seer
    4 Metalworker
    2 Walking Ballista

Other cards to consider...
    Chief of the Foundry
    Phyrexian Metamorph
    Phyrexian Revoker
    Umejawa's Jitte
    Tangle Wire
    Fleetwheel Cruiser
    Karn, Scion of Urza

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

For any of you that wants to splash red: years ago I played a version with some equipments (batterskull, sword of fire and ice, jitte, graves, ecc..) and a couple of godo, bandit warlord. Even if he eats a bolt you still have batterskull to put pressure, and if he does survive a turn, you can deal huge damage with your vigilant creatures.

I'm not saying it's OP or else, only that is a route to consider when splashing red.
    Ignorance is strength

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    For any of you that wants to splash red: years ago I played a version with some equipments (batterskull, sword of fire and ice, jitte, graves, ecc..) and a couple of godo, bandit warlord. Even if he eats a bolt you still have batterskull to put pressure, and if he does survive a turn, you can deal huge damage with your vigilant creatures.
    I'm not saying it's OP or else, only that is a route to consider when splashing red.
    I think the MUD legacy deck is in stand by (pause),because the mud players don't know how the ban DRS and gitaxian affect the metagame. Splash to red is great but versus combo decks is good deck?

Thread Information