Page 228 of 243 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Good luck to y'all that will play at Richmond, may you always be on the play with chalice on 1.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Did anyone day two?
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Was asked to share pictures of the current list. Just went 4.0.1 with this at a local torunament. Split finals, although i should have won 2.1.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2t9hP3q

Yes, only 1 3 ball. I'm a madman. Lol.

The tokens.

http://imgur.com/a/W6FxriS

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Was asked to share pictures of the current list. Just went 4.0.1 with this at a local torunament. Split finals, although i should have won 2.1.

http://imgur.com/gallery/2t9hP3q

Yes, only 1 3 ball. I'm a madman. Lol.

The tokens.

http://imgur.com/a/W6FxriS
    Awesome deck, man, gratz! The tokens are really nice too.

I've put the deck away for a while until the meta around here stabilizes. Too many goblins and Dragon Stompies running rampant.
    I see you cut some monoliths for dynamos, how ist it faring?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Dynamos are actually pretty boss. I was surprised how much i like them. Since I'm only on two Forgemasters and rug delver is still a deck that exists, the monoliths are at once a liability and make the deck more of a glass Cannon. The dynamos become true ramp because they untap every turn and still add 3 Mana. Sure it cost 4 instead of two, but for the same reason a lot of blue decks are running spell snare, I found myself wanting to chalice on two a lot. It hits goyf, snaps, life, and many other problematic spells

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Also I'd optimally run a second three ball, I just haven't figured out what to cut yet. I probably will at some point.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Only 3 Chalices?
    Ignorance is strength

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    Only 3 Chalices?
    One was in the board

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Feb 2015
    Sweden

hello hello!

Finally got to take my deck for a spin, sadly i was plagued with bad draws.
    This is the list i went with:

Land (24)
    4x Ancient Tomb
    1x Buried Ruin
    2x Cavern of Souls
    4x City of Traitors
    2x Darksteel Citadel
    1x Grasping Dunes
    1x Inventors' Fair
    1x Karakas
    4x Mishra's Factory
    4x Wasteland

Artifact (17)
    1x Batterskull
    4x Chalice of the Void
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    1x Heart of Kiran
    2x Lightning Greaves
    4x Mox Diamond
    1x Mox Opal
    1x Staff of Domination
    2x Trinisphere

Planeswalker (4)
    4x Karn, Scion of Urza

Creature (15)
    4x Lodestone Golem
    4x Metalworker
    1x Phyrexian Metamorph
    4x Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    2x Walking Ballista

Sideboard (15)
    3x Bottled Cloister
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    1x Crucible of Worlds
    4x Ensnaring Bridge
    2x Ratchet Bomb
    3x Smokestack
    1x Trinisphere

I tried and go with a Transformative sideboard, from MUD aggro to MUD Stax.
    Also, i were thinking of adding a Dunes of the Dead so i could create 2/2 zombies.

The cards i took out for the sideboard was:
    4 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    1 Phyrexian metamorph
    1 Heart of Krian
    1 Batterskull
    1 Mox Opal
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 karn, Scion of Urza

Sadly, my games were plagued with poor draws. Drew too many lands, too few lands etc.

But i had some games like against GW Maverick, where i managed to land a early lodestone to lock them out with Lightning Greaves on turn 2, into Traxos and Walking ballista to take out his Manadork.

And against UB shadow i swapped for stax and managed to lockdown the game with Bridge.
    Accidently played a land from the graveyard and had 2 lands in hand, he had infinite zombietokens because of Liliana, the Last Hope.
    Luckily i had 2 Ratchet Bombs out, one on 0 and one on 1.

Had to blow the bomb but the trinisphere locked him our, i took out all of his lands.
    Sadly it ended in a draw, he had 5 life and i couldn't find my ballista.

Against grixis delver, i managed to Trinisphere into turn 2 Karn and just mowed them down.

The whole thing, it ended with 0-2-1
    Fought: Junk Rector with Dovescape, Curse of Death's Hold, Veteran Explorer etc. 0-2
    UB shadow 1-1-1
    GW Maverick 1-2
    Grixis delver 1-2

I feel like i drew really poorly... made one or two gameplay mistakes. But it was fun playing legacy again.

Tell me what you think bout the list ^^

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Hey man, woe be it for me to ever criticize somebody for attempted to do something new with an established deck, LOL! It's always nice to see someone trying something new. Don't get discouraged, and take your experiences that didn't work and make your deck better next time. That being said, a certain amount of the mud game is pre-loading your deck correctly so that it runs correctly in your meta. The hardest thing to do is Judge an open meta correctly with the which is why even though the deck is silly powerful it can fizzle anyway.

Speaking of doing strange things, I am very seriously considering running a basic wastes in my deck for my next big event, as assassins trophy will be legal and many people are going to want to be playing with the new toy. Even I would like to play with the new toy to be totally honest, as I love black green X as my secondary deck choice. Maybe I'll do it for side events, before the main event where I want to play this probably I think it pays dividends to have at least one Basic Land at this point LOL

Feb 2015
    Brazil

A friend from Brazil top 8'ed an event with this list a few months:

24 LANDS
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Vesuva
    4 Wasteland

14 CREATURES
    3 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
    4 Metalworker
    3 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    4 Wurmcoil Engine

23 OTHER SPELLS
    3 Batterskull
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    3 Karn Liberated
    2 Thran Dynamo
    4 Trinisphere
    3 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

SIDEBOARD
    3 All Is Dust
    1 Batterskull
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Lodestone Golem
    3 Steel Hellkite

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Pushing for bombs, i see. Lol. I honestly love 3 ulamogs mb. It doubles as spot removal and is one of the best wincons colorless has! Also, i run 3 to 4 bws mb, so i like the 3 ugins. Dont know how i feel about sbs for lodestone. Best wincon ever is t1 thorn or chalice into t2 lodestone.... cant argue with success tho.

In other news, how bad do we think the assassins trophy phenomenon will be? Im tempted to run a 1x wastes for that, lands, d and t and miracles, post board. Path to Exile is annoying, and gq is still backbreaking, if you run into a lands player running it.

Also, who is on mb crucibles? I currently run zero wastelands, in order to run stage, ruin and 2x cavern. Not sure it warrants crucible, perhaps not even in the sb. I am going to wind up being slightly vague about my own choices until after ew, since i am going and i am really going to attempt to rock it.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Also, has anyone ever tried a phyrexian metamorph in the sb? I liked the concept of mimic and clone artifacts for nice cases, but mirage mirror always felt like too much of an investment.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Occasionally, etb as a creature is relevent, too.

Feb 2015
    Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Pushing for bombs, i see. Lol. I honestly love 3 ulamogs mb. It doubles as spot removal and is one of the best wincons colorless has! Also, i run 3 to 4 bws mb, so i like the 3 ugins. Dont know how i feel about sbs for lodestone. Best wincon ever is t1 thorn or chalice into t2 lodestone.... cant argue with success tho.

In other news, how bad do we think the assassins trophy phenomenon will be? Im tempted to run a 1x wastes for that, lands, d and t and miracles, post board. Path to Exile is annoying, and gq is still backbreaking, if you run into a lands player running it.

Also, who is on mb crucibles? I currently run zero wastelands, in order to run stage, ruin and 2x cavern. Not sure it warrants crucible, perhaps not even in the sb. I am going to wind up being slightly vague about my own choices until after ew, since i am going and i am really going to attempt to rock it.
    I ran his list with a few modifications in a small tournament, paired the worst matchups possible, 2 lands, aggro loam and Burning reanimator. On reanimator I went to town with wasteland copied by thespian, then vesuva, and so on. One lands player just comboed on my face early and I mulled to 4 on G2. The second Lands complained I said the match was bad for me, as I locked him out with T1 sol land + monolith + trini followed by 2 golems for sb. And turned the game where he locked me with wasteland + GC by using monolith to dynamo to get to a Ugin that ulted.
    The loam match I played poorly as I kept a post hand against a wasteland heavy deck.
    I believe trophy is going to make this list need some adjustments, as we'll have to rely more heavily on a chalice for 2. Maybe trade 1 wasteland for a waste, but wasteland was MVP on the 4 games, both for me as against me.
    Stage was devastating, its very versatile as you can copy wasteland, cloudpost and escape from back to basics lock by copying basic lands.

I suppose if you're going to run crucible, you should run 4 mox diamonds and 4 trinispheres. An early trini with mox in play can warrant you to wasteland several turns and still cast some stuff. Maybe go serum poweder into a combo-lock oriented deck?

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Any of you guys attending EW and playing MUD? I'll be there but haven't decided on my deck. MUD seems great if the fields leans towards combo and the Blue midrange/control stuff that's been popular lately, but I don't really wanna play 10-11 rounds against DnT and Aggroloam, which have also been putting up numbers. Plus, Ass Trophy seems pretty brutal against our Posts.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Any of you guys attending EW and playing MUD? I'll be there but haven't decided on my deck. MUD seems great if the fields leans towards combo and the Blue midrange/control stuff that's been popular lately, but I don't really wanna play 10-11 rounds against DnT and Aggroloam, which have also been putting up numbers. Plus, Ass Trophy seems pretty brutal against our Posts.
    Hey man. I am going to Eternal weekend, and will probably play The deck. That said, I've been doing a lot of testing vs the major decks. D&T isn't the problem. Agro loan is. Lands doesn't run 4c ga anymore, so it isn't as bad either. Very few decks run astrophy. Really the question is what is your plan for it. I currently run very few 2 drops. I don't mind chalicing 2 if it's important. If I slam a spyglass, see a wasteland deck, name wasteland and chalice 2, I often feel pretty confident. I do wonder about playing a singleton wanted to get around path and astrophy. Dunno tho. It's been long in my mind, just not sure what I'd cut. I also run 2x monolith and 3x dynamo. I don't like getting shut out by daze and wasteland in that order.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Feel like I need to rewrite that without spell check messing me up, lol.

Hey everyone, I am fairly new to MUD, but have been playing legacy for a long time. I took a variety of lists and altered them to fit what I was expecting at my LGC tonight. Ended up going 4-0-1, and the draw was only because my opponent was on stax and we essentially locked each other out. But here is the lists, any changes or suggestions would be appreciated for future events.
    Round 1: Burn 2-0
    Round 2: Lands 2-0
    Round 3: DNT 2-1
    Round 4: Grixis Control 2-0
    Round 5: Stax 1-1

Maindeck
    1x Batterskull
    4x Chalice of the Void
    2x Grim Monolith
    2x Lightning Greaves
    2x Sorcerous Spyglass
    1x Staff of Domination