Page 230 of 243 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Quote Originally Posted by ryscott85 View Post
    Congratulations on your finish! The deck seems solid! What are your thoughts on your current 75? It looks as though the third ugin from the board did work; would you advocate keeping that there over any other options? What are your thoughts on spellskite? On paper it seems like it’d be A worthwhile inclusion somewhere in the 75. Inventors fair also seems useful, however; it may be too cute and the lands suite already looks perfect. How do you feel MUD is positioned in the current meta? Most seem to think eldrazi post is the premier post deck of the meta..
    I really like most of my 75 as is. I change out like 2-4 main deck and 2-5 sideboard based on meta.

3rd ugin in the board was way better than I expected. I dunno what took me so long to put in in the board. Ugin is just a major "I win button" vs so many decks.

I'm not huge on spell skite. It feels too defense. And I try to play more like an uncontrollable landslide of deal with me or die.

I like inventor's fair as a card. But with my style of play, I want those tutored up artifacts in play, not in my hand. If I were playing a stack style of play, with crucible of worlds, I'd be more open to inventor's fair.

I was chatting with Jody Keith at eternal weekend, who was on mono green eldrazi post, with candelabras. He scrubbed out in the 5th or 6th round. He thinks the deck is bonkers. But, I'm not really impresed with it. I didn't like mono brown eldrazi post, when I tried it. Either variant feels like modern Tron. Ramp, slam big dumb shit, play at top deck mode at all time.

I think mud is decently positioned in this current meta. Everything is in flux, and everyone is still trying to find what the next top tier decks actually are. Miracles in its current state seems to be worse for us than it has been in a while. It's an annoying matchup.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Hey blackhawk, which sounds funny since we both know each other by real names, lol. That said, I had one question, why staff of nin? Is it because the t2 to 3 is sonclogged? I have found that another draw engine isbmore than fine, and found new karn sub par, but staff seems odd. It just eats a counter and comes down tapping down more of our mana. I never say win more, because that is literally what we are good at: frontrunning.

Comment is that I love the third ugin, too. I've been high on the idea as well. Its just too good to ignore as an idea.
    We speak for no one, we hear no one, we see no one

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Not taking any of blackhawk's thunder, ofc. This was the list my buddy took to 7 and 4. I don't have a report, bc i didn't run it this year. What he did say was that spyglass was good mb vs decks you'd expect, and that combo isnvery play draw dependent. Welcome to the muddy tourney world. I will put a couple of pieces of my philosophy of deck building at the end.

Deck: Legacy MUD Eternal Weekend 2018.dec

Counts : 61 main / 15 sideboard

Creatures:17
    1 Walking Ballista
    4 Metalworker
    4 Lodestone Golem
    2 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    3 Wurmcoil Engine
    1 Platinum Emperion
    1 Sundering Titan
    1 Blightsteel Colossus

Artifacts:18
    3 Chalice of the Void
    2 Grim Monolith
    1 Lightning Greaves
    2 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Thorn of Amethyst
    2 Staff of Domination
    2 Trinisphere
    1 Coercive Portal
    2 Thran Dynamo
    1 Spine of Ish Sah

Others:2
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

Lands:24
    4 Ancient Tomb
    1 Buried Ruin
    3 Cavern of Souls
    3 City of Traitors
    4 Cloudpost
    4 Glimmerpost
    1 Inventors' Fair
    1 Thespian's Stage
    3 Vesuva

Sideboard:15
    3 Faerie Macabre
    2 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Sorcerous Spyglass
    2 Tsabo's Web
    2 Ensnaring Bridge
    2 All Is Dust
    1 Ravenous Trap
    1 Karn Liberated

1: I obviously expected more reanimator and dredge than there was.

2: Totally agree with Blackhawk. All is dust in the board should be ugin no 3 and (my opinion) either an artifact based sweeper like nevs disc or o stone.

3: I correctly assumed there would be very few Leovold running around, so I cut down the fetching aspect of the deck in the interest of drawing the deck with staff and going infinite or playing blightsteel that way.

4: I feel ballista is still great when the above is your plan. Onviously, you can tap down the opposing team with staff snd swing with a lethal steel hellkite or blightsteel, but i also like just being able to not swing, and still win. Also ballista is bonkers vs infect, d and t and elves, etc.

Anyway. I thought I would add my two cents here. I dunno if I would have run better than my buddy with his matches, but I definitely would have enjoyed playing MUD this event as much or more with mine! Except k command decks. F that card. Lol.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Ps, do not hate. Im well aware there are 61 cards mb. Its lucky for me, so there is that. Running joke in my meta, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by malfie13 View Post
    Hey blackhawk, which sounds funny since we both know each other by real names, lol. That said, I had one question, why staff of nin? Is it because the t2 to 3 is sonclogged? I have found that another draw engine isbmore than fine, and found new karn sub par, but staff seems odd. It just eats a counter and comes down tapping down more of our mana. I never say win more, because that is literally what we are good at: frontrunning.

Comment is that I love the third ugin, too. I've been high on the idea as well. Its just too good to ignore as an idea.
    I used to run multiple coercive portal as my draw engine cards. But after the agressive discard from the deathrite decks kinda faded some, I figured I could be 1 turn slower to have the added utility of staff of nin, for pinging DNT creatures, baleful stryx, snap casters, poking Planeswalkers in a pinch, dmg over ensnaring bride decks, or even just to the face. Discard is still out tgere, yes, but it doesn't seem as fast and agressive as it once was.

I always like the thought of ugin ten fold over all is dust. But I was really happy with the 3rd ugin in th board. It was way better than I expected it would be.

Apr 2018
    France

Congrats Blackhawk !
    I like your list, as I like the spicier list of malfie :p
    Concerning the 3rd Ugin, I also tried it, but I also liked having a splash between all is dust and ugin because of DnT revoker or similar effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorruk View Post
    Congrats Blackhawk !
    I like your list, as I like the spicier list of malfie :p
    Concerning the 3rd Ugin, I also tried it, but I also liked having a splash between all is dust and ugin because of DnT revoker or similar effects.
    This is also why i have such a diverse sideboard. Ugin Wrecks DnT. With revoker on Ugin, i still have ratchet bomb, staff of nin pokey pokey, 3 warping wail or even steel hellkite in a pinch to try and deal with it, and even Spine of ish sah, if i'm really in a pinch. Most of the time, i've found that DnT players have been naming revoker on my monolith and metalworker to stop me from having the mana to cast Ugin, and just racing me with dudes.

Apr 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by BlackHawkX9 View Post
    This is also why i have such a diverse sideboard. Ugin Wrecks DnT. With revoker on Ugin, i still have ratchet bomb, staff of nin pokey pokey, 3 warping wail or even steel hellkite in a pinch to try and deal with it, and even Spine of ish sah, if i'm really in a pinch. Most of the time, i've found that DnT players have been naming revoker on my monolith and metalworker to stop me from having the mana to cast Ugin, and just racing me with dudes.
    Yup I see that, and I agree, in fact All is dust is less good than Ugin. (Except against reanimator I guess, but it is still a bit long)

Yup I see that, and I agree, in fact All is dust is less good than Ugin. (Except against reanimator I guess, but it is still a bit long)
    Against reanimater, they only ever have the one threat. So, if you pay 7 for all is dust, why not just cast spine of ish sah, and not dilute your precious sideboard slots.

Oct 2013
    Netherlands

Thanks for the report! Interesting reading. Good to see that MUD can still put up a (very) good fight!

Reading through it I saw you boarded differently throughout the three D&T matches, is there any particular reason for that or just decision at the moment?

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I mean we are pretty dead to reanimator without bridge, or sb cards, so there is that. Hi sire, g2? Lol. All is dust is a beating on them. So is bridge, plus ugin, minus ugin.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

Also kind of matters if we were on play with an uncontensted t1 worker. Reaninator is much less good on the back foot.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

As bad as it is for dnt, their best path to victory for them vs us is 100pct vial into consistent mana denial. Hope we dont get a spyglass down on how they planned on denying us or removal for a key revoker.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwave View Post
    Thanks for the report! Interesting reading. Good to see that MUD can still put up a (very) good fight!

Reading through it I saw you boarded differently throughout the three D&T matches, is there any particular reason for that or just decision at the moment?
    I don't keep a written down sideboard guide. So, it is always in the moment for me. My sideboard plan vs DnT is usually the same. I typically change how I sideboard in the moment based on what I see that is a slight variation from the standard lists. Some lists run palace jailer, some run more mirran crusader,

I mean we are pretty dead to reanimator without bridge, or sb cards, so there is that. Hi sire, g2? Lol. All is dust is a beating on them. So is bridge, plus ugin, minus ugin.
    I dislike bridge. I've tried it many times, and I can't find a way that I like bridge in my build. . Ya, sure. We just straight lose to t1 sire of insanity without like a faerie macabre, but they have the t1 sire hand like 10% of the time. This is why I keep my sideboard very diverse, and just take my 10% of the time lumps, and t1 lock them out the rest of the time with chalice, thorn, trinisphere, lodestone, etc and hold faerie macabre and warping wail as responses.

Mudslinger
    Oct 2017
    Long Island, New York

I dislike bridge. I've tried it many times, and I can't find a way that I like bridge in my build. . Ya, sure. We just straight lose to t1 sire of insanity without like a faerie macabre, but they have the t1 sire hand like 10% of the time. This is why I keep my sideboard very diverse, and just take my 10% of the time lumps, and t1 lock them out the rest of the time with chalice, thorn, trinisphere, lodestone, etc and hold faerie macabre and warping wail as responses.
    Lol, that is a pretty realistic assessment. I also bring in bridge vs sneak, omni, and Mavericks. I feel like behind a bridge we are favored vs each, unless Mavericks or a loam deck slams a relevant Walker. I usually also side in an ulamog or two vs each of these, and then use it to exile bridge plus blocker and kill with an alpha strike or perhaps just ugin being the worlds most expensive, and best, bolt snap bolt snap bolt....

Lol, that is a pretty realistic assessment. I also bring in bridge vs sneak, omni, and Mavericks. I feel like behind a bridge we are favored vs each, unless Mavericks or a loam deck slams a relevant Walker. I usually also side in an ulamog or two vs each of these, and then use it to exile bridge plus blocker and kill with an alpha strike or perhaps just ugin being the worlds most expensive, and best, bolt snap bolt snap bolt....
    Let me argue my point as to why I'd rather use something else over bridge in all those matchups.
    Sneak and show- if you drop a spyglass on sneak, they are much less explosive and scary. And if they show and tell and stick a fatty. More often than not, our show is better. ( Staff taps any of the fatties and we just poke them dead with whatever. Blightsteel beats grisel brand or anything that isn't emrakul. Platinum emperion beats anything that isn't emrakul. Spine blows up anything they drop. Forgemaster gets staff or any of the other tools. We already have the tools to beat sneak and show, it's just nice having the little extra safety of warping wail and stuff. We don't need bridge.

Omnitell- bridge does nothing against them. They show in Omni, we still bridge or even spine of ish sah on Omni. The use a free with Omni cunning wish, or free cantrip into wish to rebuild/ echoing truth bridge or split second stifle spine, and they kill us anyway. Omni is harder than other matchups than some. I usually have best success by taxing them out with thorn, lodestone, with warping wail backup. They seem to struggle paying 5+ for a show and tell, and pay for the tax on a force to stop our wail.

Maverick- if we land ugin, this game is over. The hard part about Maverick is them knight of reliquary to get all 4 wastelands stopping us from getting too big Mana. I really don't like bridge here because they just assault our Mana base until we can't cast things, and then our hand incidentally fills up and opens the bridge.

I love bridge as a card. But I feel like there have just become way too many answers and tools to get around, under, or over bridge. Plus, people already bring in artifact hate against us, so bridge just does to all that.

Got any other matchups that you want bridge?

Apr 2018
    France

I tend to agree with Blackhawck, on the paper bridge is good but usually it's underwhelming.
    Like he said, we have a lot of other solutions and bridge can easily be taken down by those decks. I have been playing with bridge and the only case I find it good is turbo depth (and even there, they can answer with Decay and Ass trophy)
    RG Lands - it's already a bad MU and we should more go on the tax + GY plan. They will side in Krosan Grip and be sure to have it in hand before Marit Lage.

Apr 2018
    France

Hi everyone,

I have a question about a deck that does not see a lot of play but with which I have maybe a 10% winrate... I am talking about Goblins.
    I just can't handle them, unless we are on the play with chalice for 1, the goblin lacquey is destroying us, and they can just destroy our whole board ... How do you do to fight them ?
    They have vial -> chalice, trinisphere and taxe are less relevant.
    Ugin is too slow
    Wurmcoil can buy some time but that's it
    Last edited by Jorruk; 12-06-2018 at 05:55 AM.

Hi everyone,

I have a question about a deck that does not see a lot of play but with which I have maybe a 10% winrate... I am talking about Goblins.
    I just can't handle them, unless we are on the play with chalice for 1, the goblin lacquey is destroying us, and they can just destroy our whole board ... How do you do to fight them ?
    They have vial -> chalice, trinisphere and taxe are less relevant.
    Ugin is too slow
    Wurmcoil can buy some time but that's it
    Game 1 is hard for us. I haven't played against the newest rendition of goblins recently, but I played the matchup alot before. They usually only run 1 artifact destroy ability in main deck, so if you can get a platinum emperion under boots, game one can take all the time you need to slam ugin and lock it up.

G2-3 gets a little tricky. Warping wail is a godsend here, since they hinge on so many x/1's . Ratchet bomb doesn't do much since they have so many different cmc's. I would lean on spyglass shutting off the new bane of our exsistance, goblin cratermaker, and warping wail.

I've considered bringing back torpor orb into my sideboard as tech vs elves, dn't, and it would work vs goblins too. Either way, if they go t1 lackey, and you don't have anything, you are in trouble.

Other good tools vs goblins could be walking ballista. I don't run any ballista, but it would work here.

With my list, I'd bring in 3 warping wail, 2 spyglass, and an ugin. Board out 2 trinisphere, 1 spine of ish sah, 1 sundering Titan, 2( lodestone on the play, chalice on the draw)

Thread Information