Page 54 of 243 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Super Secret Tech "Ooh...shiny!"
    Jul 2010
    Edinboro, PA

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

I'd personally either keep the Staff of Nin (I love that card), or make it into the Spine of Ish Sah... Great when you sac it to tutor again... I don't know your list though. It's just what my opinion is being completely blind about the actual list you plan on playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Can't understand wanting the new new border if you have a choice, for any reason. You have to be a casual or have rickets.
    Cockatrice: EMFry

Quote Originally Posted by Fry View Post
    I'd personally either keep the Staff of Nin (I love that card), or make it into the Spine of Ish Sah... Great when you sac it to tutor again... I don't know your list though. It's just what my opinion is being completely blind about the actual list you plan on playing.
    List was posted a few posts above. I'm thinking Spine of Ish Sah because last tournament, I lost to Grafdiggers Cage, and Spine is an answer I can tutor for through Grafdigers cage. Though I know there are a couple Agro Loam players, so might play the Crucible or put it in the side. (They waste us out hard)

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

I would go for spine, I don't really like staff of nim in a combo build since its benefits pile up during the turns but you plan on winning in a couple of turns after the first activation of forgemaster
    Ignorance is strength

Nov 2012
    Finland

Hey check this new card http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...7&d=1378180951
    Good for fighting against miracles and we can hide there some random stuff and use ability to get all permanents onboard.

Quote Originally Posted by fogxanic View Post
    Hey check this new card http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...7&d=1378180951
    Good for fighting against miracles and we can hide there some random stuff and use ability to get all permanents onboard.
    This sucks.
    Miracle is a good MU anyway. I'd rather have something to consistently beat Shardless.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Why you want to make a gift to your opponent? This deck plays cards like golem, chalice or trinisphere exactly to prevent opponent from playing.
    And I don't even want to think of your opponent exiling emrakul (now harder to beat after the legend rule update) or omniscience...

EDIT: I know you were referring only to the miracle matchup, but I want to stress how this card seems unplayable to me. The miracle matchup doesn't seems so bad, but if you are having problems I advise you to play some batterskull (good with many decks of the field) or uba mask
    Ignorance is strength

Nov 2012
    Finland

Ofcource we would activate that opponents eot or greaves on bf and possibility to attack lethal. Not good against heavy permanent deck like mud but some decks with more spells (like solidarity, storm etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by fogxanic View Post
    Ofcource we would activate that opponents eot or greaves on bf and possibility to attack lethal. Not good against heavy permanent deck like mud but some decks with more spells (like solidarity, storm etc.)
    Are you drunk or typing with your feet?
    I didn't understand a single thing.

I play the forgemaster welder-less version and i'm having problems against miracle too; practically i side out most of the aggro cause winning that way is kinda impossible and i try to win as quickly as possible with the combo while stopping the Sense's Divining Top with Phyrexian Revoker.
    I did not know the Uba Mask card indeed it can be useful against it cause it stops terminus and if i understood it correctly it's really annoying against Brainstorm too cause the player must still put up 2 cards on the top right? i'll try to test it with a 2x sideboard; if anyone else has other suggestions for cards against Miracle i'm interested.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

I second Batterskulls and Revokers against Miracles. Of course, Chalice is also great against them as well. Karn Liberated is also a bad man against control decks.

Nov 2012
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Sea R Hill View Post
    Are you drunk or typing with your feet?
    I didn't understand a single thing.
    Sorry, english is not my main language and I was writing with phone

bruizar

Yes, I'm serious.

protection from lightning bolt, delver of secrets and swords to plowshares, as well as fast evasive beats. Also, beats Jace with haste and evasion. Random monstrosity is just icing.

It's strong but double red man is imho too hard to reach with this deck, 4 Great Furnace are not enought, maybe with 2 Mox Opal but i'm not convinced; it's not even an artifact, i think MUD is not the right deck for it.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post

Yes, I'm serious.

protection from lightning bolt, delver of secrets and swords to plowshares, as well as fast evasive beats. Also, beats Jace with haste and evasion. Random monstrosity is just icing.
    This is not the thread you're looking for
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Samsunait View Post
    It's strong but double red man is imho too hard to reach with this deck, 4 Great Furnace are not enought, maybe with 2 Mox Opal but i'm not convinced; it's not even an artifact, i think MUD is not the right deck for it.
    I think bruizar was suggesting the dragon for Godo MUD, the red version he pioneered:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post695113

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by SirTylerGalt View Post
    I think bruizar was suggesting the dragon for Godo MUD, the red version he pioneered:

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...l=1#post695113
    Yeah you are right. I believe that red has too many good options to negate, especially for side boarding, and I also believe that basic mountains make the deck much more reliable. RR isn't really that hard. Moltensteel Dragon is easier to cast, but protection from white is huge.

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Yeah you are right. I believe that red has too many good options to negate, especially for side boarding, and I also believe that basic mountains make the deck much more reliable. RR isn't really that hard. Moltensteel Dragon is easier to cast, but protection from white is huge.
    What about Hammer of Purphoros ( http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...-of-purphoros/ )? I hate it when I cast Goblin Welder / Metalworker, and get it bolted before my next turn... It's even better than Lightning Greaves, since they can't kill it in response to equipping. You can also use it to attack with a hasty Godo + Batterskull. It also lets you apply pressure with 3/3 golems.

bruizar

What about Hammer of Purphoros ( http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoi...-of-purphoros/ )? I hate it when I cast Goblin Welder / Metalworker, and get it bolted before my next turn... It's even better than Lightning Greaves, since they can't kill it in response to equipping. You can also use it to attack with a hasty Godo + Batterskull. It also lets you apply pressure with 3/3 golems.
    Interesting card. Too expensive for relying on the golems alone, but good against sweepers, and the haste is helpful. Not sure if it's costed efficiently enough but if there is any deck where this would do something, it would be here.

Thousand-Year Elixir is superior and colorless.

bruizar

@PIzzero: True, main problem is that haste wants to happen quickly, which means low casting cost. As long as there is lightning greaves, it will not see play. Then again, I do like the ability. I don't think thousand-year elixir is superior per se though. I would rather have something that can generate 3/3 hasters out of nothing than being able to untap a lodestone golem, or even a goblin welder, since, in the advent of a lightning bolt, you have nothing to give haste to. In that sense I think it is an upgrade, but the double red make it a hard sell. Also, Crucible of Worlds gives you a constant flow of dudes, but now we definitely embarked for casual town.

2R would have been a thumbs up for testing in my book, since it would curve nicely off of an Ancient Tomb and Metalworker could use it to nearly pay for itself. 1RR puts it back to turn 3, and thus ruins it. Still a cool card.

EDIT:

I was enthralled by Bow of Nylea initially http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attac...5&d=1377848125 . I have a soft spot for versatile cards. The card reminds me of Trading Post, but even though the abilities are minor; the mana cost is impossible and the abilities not really suited for MUD.

Thread Information