Page 55 of 243 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 4851

Thread: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Re: [Deck] MUD (Metalworker)

Man, im losing faith in this deck rapidly. there are just so many mana-cheap and good cards toon fight against in legacy. Theros should offer us some new fresh playable artifacts fast..

where is the brown version of a delver/ deatrite/ pyromancer critter?

really would like a 4 or 5 mana artifact to replace batterskull. Wurmcoil is just better against artifact hate because at least he will give u 2 new creatures when destroyed. and 2x deatouch is huge. thumbs crossed for a trojan horse of 5 mana wich spits out heavily armed soldiers

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Holland View Post
    I don't think something like that will be print: those are cards defined, thus limited, by their color while an artifact can be played in any deck. Right now the fastest things we have, regarding mana cost, are phyrexian revoker, metalworker and phyrexian metamorph, which aren't half bad.
    Ignorance is strength

Mmmm.... the tokens are white too not even artifacts...

Quote Originally Posted by Samsunait View Post

Mmmm.... the tokens are white too not even artifacts...
    Is every bad spoiled artifact gonna be suggested in this thread?
    Come on guys, be serious.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Sea R Hill View Post
    Is every bad spoiled artifact gonna be suggested in this thread?
    Come on guys, be serious.
    Well, everytime I see an artifact being spoiled, the comment is always "gonna be good in Stax".
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

I was not suggesting it, my post was an aswer to Alex Holland, really that was kinda obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsunait View Post
    I was not suggesting it, my post was an aswer to Alex Holland, really that was kinda obvious.
    Ok!
    Sorry I thought this was a suggestion because I don't even read his posts. ;)

theros gives us no love

well, i did have fun playing mud last night (uwr stoneforge 2-0, pox 2-1) so ill keep it up..

OT: still waiting for a good list that runs smokestack.. card is broken and needs a home! synergy with wurmcoil is obvious.. any more ideas/synergy?

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

theros gives us no love

well, i did have fun playing mud last night (uwr stoneforge 2-0, pox 2-1) so ill keep it up..

OT: still waiting for a good list that runs smokestack.. card is broken and needs a home! synergy with wurmcoil is obvious.. any more ideas/synergy?
    I'd go with a build with no Chalice of the void, to play Goblin Welder + Voltaic Key + Sensei's Divining Top. Voltaic Key gives much-needed acceleration, and comboes with Sensei's Top to generate card advantage (like Welder).

I would then play resistors (Sphere of Resistance, Lodestone Golem, possibly Thorn of Amethyst, Sculpting Steel to copy other artefacts) to slow down my opponent.

The Stax aspect would be done with Smokestack + Tangle Wire + Prototype Portal. As was discussed a few months ago in this thread, you can imprint Tangle Wire on Prototype Portal, which lets you put up to 4 Tangle Wire into play, making your opponent tap 10 permanents per turn, while you tap a lot less... You can also imprint a Sculpting Steel and go nuts.

I would also have 4 Wasteland + 4 Rishadan Port + a few crucible for recursion.

Batterskull is also a good beater that combines well with Smokestack, since you can sac the germ token...

Not sure if everything fits in the deck, though...

Maybe... storage matrix?

(3) artifact: untap only artifacts, lands or creatures.. slows down play and could be in muds advantage especially when u play artifact lands and much artifact mana sources like dynamo.

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

Maybe... storage matrix?

(3) artifact: untap only artifacts, lands or creatures.. slows down play and could be in muds advantage especially when u play artifact lands and much artifact mana sources like dynamo.
    Nice idea.

Made me think of Sands of time, combined with the M14 card Strionic Resonator. I think somebody discussed it on The Source when M14 was spoiled, but I don't remember where.

You can use it to keep your opponent's creatures tapped. You can also generate infinite mana during your upkeep. Not sure how to convert that infinite mana into a win, though...

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by SirTylerGalt View Post

Nice idea.

Made me think of Sands of time, combined with the M14 card Strionic Resonator. I think somebody discussed it on The Source when M14 was spoiled, but I don't remember where.

You can use it to keep your opponent's creatures tapped. You can also generate infinite mana during your upkeep. Not sure how to convert that infinite mana into a win, though...
    I think you are looking for rocket launcher or goblin festival ;-)
    Ignorance is strength

Aug 2007
    Netherlands

So, I finally played a tourney with this deck. Just 8 players but is was to get a chance to play again.

I played welders maindeck, with some Lotus Petals to get things welding a.s.a.p. and have another shot a 2 mana on turn 1. 3 kuldotha Forgemaster and pretty stocklist beyond that. Maybe I'll post the list later (this a quick report while cooking dinner).

round 1
    Playing against somebody who is in his first legacy event, playing a borrowed deck with some foreign cards. A mix of maverick and Rock I guess. Anyway, first game I have some wastelands and Golems against a manalight draw. Second game I lock quite a few cards under a Chalice. Easy win. afterwards I play my Goblin deck against him which he wins handily.

round 2
    Match against combo (storm). Fast chalice in both games (first game topdeck it after a discardspell, sweet!). That seems really the main thing in this matchup, get that chalice down a.s.a.p. (preferably 2 of them, at 0 and 1).

Round 3
    Against my own reanimator-deck, which I lended out. Nice tense match. Sideboarded Duplicant took out the Blazing Archon so my Blightsteel Colossus could bring it home. Nice job by the Forgemaster. Welder also proved great since both discard and counters are pretty bad once that goblin is doing it's thing.

Round 4
    Enchantress, with blue for words of bouncing. Game one, he accidently shuffled his hand away when fetching land and using Zenith in one move (speed things up). so he scooped them up. Anyway, attacking Wurmcoil + incoming Sundering Titan would have won me that game anyway at that point.
    Second game we both have good hand but that means I win since MUD is faster. Turn 3 hardcast Blightsteel and win while he was busy setting up his engine.

Round 5
    Painters Servant, another combo game. First I win easy since the deck explodes again on mana and threats. Second game the same story, except he drops a last minute Ensnaring Bridge for which I have no answer in the 75. Third game he wins after we both get stuck. He stalls on land with the combo on the battlefield but being unable to kill my Phyrexian Revoker. Eventually he finds a Jaya Ballard Taskmage to kill my stuff while I find more mana. Still, I did have about 4 turns to find a real threat and put on the pressure. No luck.

4-1, win the tournament and byes to BOM in Paris. nice, :)

Lessons learned, I want at least a single Spine of Ishes Ash (name?) in the 75. And it a fun deck to play with but probably not so much to play against ;-)

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Good job

Would you like to share your list?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTylerGalt View Post
    Staff of Domination? It's not quite as good as getting your deck in hand during your main phase (with Metalworker) but it still gains life and could draw you into some spicy. Or throw in 1x Shimmer Myr...
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

i love mud, but am still yet to beat elves in a match, currently going to try a board in including 4 Ensnaring Bridge; 2 Bottled Cloister. idea for siding out is the welders, Sundering Titan, but after this im not sure. im running stock list with 4 CotV. any ideas for what i dont really need vs elves? or just advice as to how to win against them?

Aug 2007
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    Good job

Would you like to share your list?
    Yes I do. Got the time now .

3 Goblin Welder
    2 Lightning greaves
    2 Batterskull
    3 Kuldotha Forgemaster
    4 Wurmcoil Engine
    4 Lodestone Golem
    4 Chalice of the Void
    4 Grim Monolith
    4 Metalworker
    3 Lotus Petal
    1 Thran Dynamo
    1 Crucible of Worlds
    1 Voltaic Key
    1 Steel Hellkite
    1 Blightsteel Colossus
    1 Sundering Titan
    4 Ancient Tomb
    4 City of Traitors
    1 Mountain
    4 Great Furnace
    4 Wasteland
    1 Darksteel Citadel
    3 Cavern of Souls

SB
    2 Tormods Crypt
    1 Relic of Progenitus
    1 Platinum Emperion
    2 Trinisphere
    2 Bottled Cloister
    2 All is Dust
    1 Phyrexian Revoker
    1 Duplicant
    1 Witchbane Orb
    1 Ratchet Bomb
    1 Engineered Explosives

More thoughts on the deck;
    -Phyrexian Revoker is really good when it's good.
    -Batterskul was never that good, just a worse (much worse) Wurmcoil
    -The single thran Dynamo never made a big impact
    -Lotus Petals were pretty nice
    -Welder is a bomb (nothing new here, but I was great to have it online).
    -Maximizing Welder + Forgemaster might require a maindeck Myr Battlesphere
    -Selfmill (Faithless Looting) remains interesting with Welder but requires maybe to much red
    -Bloodmoon might be nice to but more colored cards keep making Metalworker worse

Man, im losing faith in this deck rapidly. there are just so many mana-cheap and good cards toon fight against in legacy. Theros should offer us some new fresh playable artifacts fast..

What are the tough MUs for this deck? Is it aggro (Goblins/ Zoo), Tempo (RUG), midrange (Jund, Mav)? Some other stuff? I'm curious to possibly tinker with the deck and wanted to know where it has gaps in its offense/defense. I think it was mentioned near the start of this thread, but The Abyss does deal with Goyf, Deathrite, SFM/Batterskull and just about all the other creatures that are more efficient than our creatures. Also, instead of Abyss, you can go something similar to old Sea Stompy and run smaller dudes + a tonna Jittes/ SoFIs. That'd be harder to do as the main option for that route would be Lodestone.
    Final Ritual: "I was your round 14 opponent with the 3 giant goyfs. I didn't know what the fuck you were piloting."
    Drunken Master strategy. If I don't know what I'm doing, how would you?

Tough mu's for me have been-

Omni-Tell
    Elves
    UW Miracles
    Esper Deathblade

maindeck things you can do is run 4 Lodestone Golem(many run 3), as well as md Spine of Ish Sah and Steel Hellkite, should these decks be in your meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunsatzu View Post
    Tough mu's for me have been-

Omni-Tell
    Elves
    UW Miracles
    Esper Deathblade

maindeck things you can do is run 4 Lodestone Golem(many run 3), as well as md Spine of Ish Sah and Steel Hellkite, should these decks be in your meta.
    i already run 4 main always since i play stompy.

my arch enemies:

Goblins/elves
    show and tell
    pox (hymn to tourach! land destruction!)

Against elves/goblins its just a race. Dropping a wurm or germ wirh lifelink wins u that race. As does all is dust x2 main. Taking out vials with revokers is priceless. Someone knows what i should name against elves? Im really inexperienced against those green dudes.

What really annoys me is the incredible amount of counter decks with delver in them. Thank god we have cavern nowadays but its still a race to beat them.

Dredge and reanimate is also hard, but i have a very anti gy sideboard.
    Last edited by Alex Holland; 09-16-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Thread Information