Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1599

Thread: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Re: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Brewing a bit, and wondering if a list like the one here is playable. It's been a while since I've played tempo, so I don't have the feel of the deck. I'd prefer not to just copy someone else's list, so I brewed up this one. It has a much more classic tempo feel to it, with the addition of multiple Painful Truths to kind of mimic the seedy days of Treasure Cruise. I remember doing really well with a BUG delver deck back then, and often spending 3 mana for a cruise - truths can be that far behind?

Lands (20)
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Wasteland

Creatures (14)
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Tarmogoyf
    2 Tombstalker

Spells(26)
    4 Abrupt Decay
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Daze
    3 Force of Will
    3 Hymn To Tourach
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    3 Painful Truths
    3 Ponder
    2 Spell Pierce

Sideboard isn't built yet, but I'm considering cards like:

Flusterstorm
    Force of Will
    Golgari Charm
    Toxic Deluge
    Liliana of the Veil
    Null Rod
    Pithing Needle
    Submerge
    Thoughtseize
    Tormod's Crypt

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Well, like you said, your list is a tempo deck, so it is better placed in the BUG Delver thread. As for the list, well, it seems a bit top heavy for tempo, with that many 3-cmc cards.

I ran the same list as I did about two weeks ago (sorry, on my phone, can't link right now) and was 3-1. I beat a White Stax deck, an Imperial Taxes, and Colorless Eldrazi. I lost to UR Delver.

The White Stax deck was nearly a bye, I have enough removal and a timely Force in game 1, Library and enough threats to beat him game 2.

I wasn't happy about facing a red Death and Taxes and game all the answers he needed, Wastelands, Ports, and an early Vial. Game 2 we have an interesting battle over Jittes, but I have more removal so mine goes active first. Game 3 he mulls to 5 and ends up with only one land when the game ends. Got lucky here.

UR Delver is a terrible matchup, I mull to 6 and he just has enough burn to get me. Game 2 I slow him down with Goyfs, but he ends up having Price of Progress with Force backup.

I finally beat Eldrazi. Game 1 he crushes me with Thought-knots and Smashers. Game 2 I manage to steal off a big Goyf and a Sower stealing a Reality Smasher. Game 3 he has awkward mana and a Baleful Stix slows him down enough for me to get in a Garruk and flip it and with a Goyf, he can't race Deathtouch Wolves.

In the end I was both lucky and unlucky, I only had 2 games all night that I didn't have to mull, but still managed to top 4. I'm starting to think that 3 Truths might be too many, when I can finally play again, I will try just 2. I also had a Dismember in my board this time and I really liked it.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

A friend of mine is going to gp Columbus and was testing reanimator to find out its awful atm so I offered my bug control deck and he loves it. Hopefully he does well! I can post the list I gave him.
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardio View Post
    A friend of mine is going to gp Columbus and was testing reanimator to find out its awful atm so I offered my bug control deck and he loves it. Hopefully he does well! I can post the list I gave him.
    I'm curious about the number of Ponders. I know you have been running 4, but I have been pretty pleased with 0, which honestly has been a surprise to me. I thought I really would dislike the inconsistency, but really it does give you more live top-decks and, of course, less need to worry about Chalice on 1. In one of my Eldrazi games, he slammed a Chalice on 1 that literally had no bearing on the game. Less fluff gives me more bombs, in a way, but less ways to find them. I think in this meta, that might be better.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I'm curious about the number of Ponders. I know you have been running 4, but I have been pretty pleased with 0, which honestly has been a surprise to me. I thought I really would dislike the inconsistency, but really it does give you more live top-decks and, of course, less need to worry about Chalice on 1. In one of my Eldrazi games, he slammed a Chalice on 1 that literally had no bearing on the game. Less fluff gives me more bombs, in a way, but less ways to find them. I think in this meta, that might be better.
    4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 drs
    2 seize

that is my 1 cmc suite.

I also play 3 decay and 1 pulse so I can deal with them but the 3 lotv can get rid of fluff from my hand. I also play 4 baleful strix, 4 goyf, 3 wasteland and 1 loam all mb. I would hope the eldrazi matchup isn't awful. I and my friend played a few games against both eldrazi stompy and eldrazi post he only lost games where the draws were severely lobsided. Being totally honest, not many decks can handle t2 tks and t3 uncoutnerable smasher so I wont worry about that. THe sideboard I have set up seems so so.

2 negate
    2 invasive
    2 surgical
    1 clique
    1 library
    1 null rod
    1 needle
    1 deluge
    1 garruk relentless
    1 g charm
    1 disfigure
    1 cage

Mar 2013
    Mead Hall Games, Minneapolis

I am on 2 Ponder. I run 3 snapcaster so I want to keep the options for snaping high. Snap brainstorm is still the most common but ponder isnt terrible as topdeck. Snap is mostly there to provide a great combo match though with post board pierce, TS and surgical.

I run 4 Decay/1 pulse/2 Lily. I just made a switch of -2 TNN -1 Jitte to +JTMS, +deluge, +Hymn so that I now have 3.

Board is
    2 TNN
    1 Jitte
    1 Thrun
    2 TS
    2 Surgical
    2 Pierce
    1 Kgrip
    1 GCharm
    1 Loam
    1 Needle
    1 Library

Basically the idea is to have 2 halves. You have the TS, Pierce, Surgicals that come in against the combo and then the fair cards that fow and usually goyf (in response to RIP at least) come in. So you lose goyf but get 3 hexproof guys and a jitte.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Quote Originally Posted by Tom4ik View Post
    I am on 2 Ponder. I run 3 snapcaster so I want to keep the options for snaping high. Snap brainstorm is still the most common but ponder isnt terrible as topdeck. Snap is mostly there to provide a great combo match though with post board pierce, TS and surgical.

I run 4 Decay/1 pulse/2 Lily. I just made a switch of -2 TNN -1 Jitte to +JTMS, +deluge, +Hymn so that I now have 3.

Board is
    2 TNN
    1 Jitte
    1 Thrun
    2 TS
    2 Surgical
    2 Pierce
    1 Kgrip
    1 GCharm
    1 Loam
    1 Needle
    1 Library

Basically the idea is to have 2 halves. You have the TS, Pierce, Surgicals that come in against the combo and then the fair cards that fow and usually goyf (in response to RIP at least) come in. So you lose goyf but get 3 hexproof guys and a jitte.
    most of the things they bring in for strix will hit tnn for me so that's not an avenue. I hate pierce as a card. I would rather pay the extra and counter the damn spell. Thrun just seems underpowered, I like relentless more as its not easily dealt with albeit uncounterable is real text. I have mb seize and I will not go below 2. its been so strong and hymn compliments it well.

Mar 2013

- I am not sure what cards ppl would bring in for Strix. That seems wrong to SB a card for a 1/1 flyer that cantrips. I am not worried about -1 sweepers. Toxic delgue is the only one and that hits any creature you have.
    - I understand why you dislike pierce. In fact that is why I cut the card from the maindeck. The reason I like pierce (and this could probably be flusterstorm honestly) is that it is 1 mana interaction. Against Combo where we have Lily/Hymn to really go to work on their hand I just want additional cheap interaction and 2 mana spells will be harder to leverage.
    - I run the 2 TS side. I am not sure where our lists differ though. Do you have MD hymn? I have 3 right now but am not sure I want to stay that high. Without a jitte the only life gain is Drs and with Truths and deluge already looking to use life I am not sure I need the TS main. I am not sold that that is correct yet though so I am still open.
    - Your right in that Thrun is basically the same slot as Garruk. I could swap that for Garruk and see how that plays out. I like the fact that Thrun just hits the table. 4/4 isnt overly big but it should be enough that it forces a sweeper itself. Idk, ill test the Garruk in that spot too.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

- I am not sure what cards ppl would bring in for Strix. That seems wrong to SB a card for a 1/1 flyer that cantrips. I am not worried about -1 sweepers. Toxic delgue is the only one and that hits any creature you have.
    - I understand why you dislike pierce. In fact that is why I cut the card from the maindeck. The reason I like pierce (and this could probably be flusterstorm honestly) is that it is 1 mana interaction. Against Combo where we have Lily/Hymn to really go to work on their hand I just want additional cheap interaction and 2 mana spells will be harder to leverage.
    - I run the 2 TS side. I am not sure where our lists differ though. Do you have MD hymn? I have 3 right now but am not sure I want to stay that high. Without a jitte the only life gain is Drs and with Truths and deluge already looking to use life I am not sure I need the TS main. I am not sold that that is correct yet though so I am still open.
    - Your right in that Thrun is basically the same slot as Garruk. I could swap that for Garruk and see how that plays out. I like the fact that Thrun just hits the table. 4/4 isnt overly big but it should be enough that it forces a sweeper itself. Idk, ill test the Garruk in that spot too.
    - golgari charm and marsh casualties come to mind

-there is just so many better cards than pierce, albeit im not a fan of counterspells in the first place. just a green mage with some forces.

-2 hymn, 2 ts. I couldn't justify pruths sadly, I have a lot of CA but not enough life gain to make multiple pruths ok. wish I could.

-I appreciate you giving it a try and I hope he performs well. I just don't like a 4/4 in a world of 5/5s if you know what I mean.

I will discuss with my friend as to whether he has thought of any suggestions and report back.

Mar 2013

-Unless someone sees Tnn in game 1 I cant imagine charm or marsh casualties get brought in for strix. Otherwise snap/strix provide value even if they get swept.
    -I want to have multiple options for snap against combo post board. Having TS/Pierce let me have that option and make snap a quicker card to play. I also have hymn if I get to 4 mana.
    -I am guessing that at least one of your CA spells you have MD is loam which I play in the SB so that is probably 1 spell that 'could' be a truths though I know you are a fan of the loam.
    - If I can make it to the 4 round tonight I'll play a garruk in my board instead of the thrun. It does seem that it comes into matches in the same spot.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

-Unless someone sees Tnn in game 1 I cant imagine charm or marsh casualties get brought in for strix. Otherwise snap/strix provide value even if they get swept.
    -I want to have multiple options for snap against combo post board. Having TS/Pierce let me have that option and make snap a quicker card to play. I also have hymn if I get to 4 mana.
    -I am guessing that at least one of your CA spells you have MD is loam which I play in the SB so that is probably 1 spell that 'could' be a truths though I know you are a fan of the loam.
    - If I can make it to the 4 round tonight I'll play a garruk in my board instead of the thrun. It does seem that it comes into matches in the same spot.
    -you are correct, I was just saying it to prove your point

-I just hate that card. I already play force, why cant that be enough? haha

-1 loam mb for life, bud. that card has been the strongest in the 75, consistently.

-I hope you make it and he performs well for you.

Mar 2013

I went 1-2 Drop last night.

Lost to Grixis delver. Flooded out game 1. He had angler and I played jace. I bstormed thinking bouncing really doesnt get me anywhere but actually if I bounce and his tokens kill jace I will have a 5 power goyf. Game 2 I just ground him out with removal and double wasteland took him off casting anything for too long. Game 3 He had turn 3 tnn and pyro and I had deluge but played it a turn too early. My next sylvan turn showed me back to back fow that would have pushed the deluge through.

Beat Aluren. Game 1 I had a huge goyf that just clocked him too quick. He landed aluren but nothing to do with it. Game 2 he had discarded the parasitic and the witness and Drs ate them so his combo was off but I was beaten down to low life and his 2 Drs checked mine. Game 3 I landed turn 1 drs, decay his, TS, snap TS and he never really recovered from there.

Lost to Elves. Game 1 was all about the play. He went first and killed me turn 3. I didnt have a force but did have the deluge. Game 2 I ride sylvan library into lily and garruk. Garruk pinged and then spammed wolves but I liked the option to sac a wolve to get a snap. Didnt end up mattering that game but it could have. Game 3 We both went Drs into library. He had lots of mana but nothing to do with it. Garruk pinged and then died. I never found a sweeper or force so he eventually found and cast craterhoof.

The matchups were find. Aluren honestly felt like the worst. I think not seeing many forces vs elves was what did me in. I need to be able to stop the NO or the glimpse and the game I had fow was the game I won. Pierce could be something else maybe. either straight up CS or maybe fluster. Idk.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

I went 1-2 Drop last night.

Lost to Grixis delver. Flooded out game 1. He had angler and I played jace. I bstormed thinking bouncing really doesnt get me anywhere but actually if I bounce and his tokens kill jace I will have a 5 power goyf. Game 2 I just ground him out with removal and double wasteland took him off casting anything for too long. Game 3 He had turn 3 tnn and pyro and I had deluge but played it a turn too early. My next sylvan turn showed me back to back fow that would have pushed the deluge through.

Beat Aluren. Game 1 I had a huge goyf that just clocked him too quick. He landed aluren but nothing to do with it. Game 2 he had discarded the parasitic and the witness and Drs ate them so his combo was off but I was beaten down to low life and his 2 Drs checked mine. Game 3 I landed turn 1 drs, decay his, TS, snap TS and he never really recovered from there.

Lost to Elves. Game 1 was all about the play. He went first and killed me turn 3. I didnt have a force but did have the deluge. Game 2 I ride sylvan library into lily and garruk. Garruk pinged and then spammed wolves but I liked the option to sac a wolve to get a snap. Didnt end up mattering that game but it could have. Game 3 We both went Drs into library. He had lots of mana but nothing to do with it. Garruk pinged and then died. I never found a sweeper or force so he eventually found and cast craterhoof.

The matchups were find. Aluren honestly felt like the worst. I think not seeing many forces vs elves was what did me in. I need to be able to stop the NO or the glimpse and the game I had fow was the game I won. Pierce could be something else maybe. either straight up CS or maybe fluster. Idk.
    Your current list?

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Mine or his?

Mar 2013

List I played last night was one without anything changed except moving all the hymns to the board and bring in strix/deluge main.

Current List:
    2 underground sea
    2 bayou
    2 tropical island
    2 creeping tarpit
    3 wasteland
    1 swamp
    1 forest
    2 misty rainforest
    3 polluted delta
    3 verdant catacombs

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 tarmogoyf
    3 snapcaster mage
    2 baleful strix
    2 True Name Nemesis

4 brainstorm
    4 force of will
    2 jace, the mind sculptor
    2 liliana of the veil
    2 painful truths
    2 ponder
    4 abrupt decay
    1 maelstrom pulse
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

SB
    1 Garruk Relentless
    1 Life from the loam
    2 hymn to tourach
    1 krosan grip
    1 golgari charm
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Pithing Needle
    2 surgical extraction
    1 sylvan library
    1 baleful strix

I feel like my deck is a bit too scattered right now though as I look at it. Looks a little awkward but the deck is very versatile. I think more MD discard in either hymn or TS would be good.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

I aimed somewhere between Bug Delver and Shardless: I think I hit the nail on the head by trimming delver fragility and cutting the durdliness of the shardless engine. Leaning on planeswalkers and the fast clock team of goyf and drs allow my death owls to be removal or peck away at my opponent.

My List Currently:

4 DRS
    4 Goyf
    4 Strix

3 Lotv
    3 JTms

4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 force
    2 hymn
    2 seize
    3 decay
    1 pulse
    1 loam

4 delta
    4 verdant
    3 sea
    2 bayou
    2 trop
    1 ctp
    1 forest
    1 swamp
    3 wasteland

SB is in flux atm:
    2 surgical
    2 invasive surgery
    2 negate
    1 v clique
    1 library
    1 garruk relentless
    1 needle
    1 null rod
    1 deluge
    1 g charm

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

My buddy is currently 5-2 w the deck.

Jan 2016
    Tampa Bay, Literally in the Water

Sorry for the late report out, but work caught up with me after I neglected it for the GP. I went 5-4 with Ricardio's list, one win off of making day 2 of my very first GP. For reference, the list after a last minute edit was:

Creatures:
    4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Tarmogoyf
    4x Baleful Strix

Spells:
    4x Force of Will
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    3x Abrupt Decay
    2x Thoughtseize
    2x Hymn to Tourach
    1x Maelstrom Pulse
    1x Life from the Loam

Planeswalkers:
    3x Liliana of the Veil
    3x Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Lands:
    4x Polluted Delta
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland
    3x Underground Sea
    2x Bayou
    2x Tropical Island
    1x Creeping Tar Pit
    1x Swamp
    1x Forest

Sideboard:
    2x Invasive Surgery
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Negate
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Vendilion Clique
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Toxic Deluge
    1x Garruk Relentless
    1x Golgari Charm
    1x Disfigure
    1x Blue Elemental Blast
    1x Null Rod
    1x Grafdigger's Cage

Shout out to Ricardio for saving my bacon after a last minute need to hop off of Reanimator Sunday before the GP. The changes made were adding a forest in place of a tar pit to let us cast abrupt decay under a blood moon. The blue blast in the side over a negate was a nod to playing in a legacy GP with no byes using a deck that's very soft to burn. Plus it can hit Nahiri if you're matched up against a miracles player who hasn't woken up from that dream yet.

My journey in Columbus started with running in a pair of last chance trials on Friday, both being single elim. First one out I get trounced by reanimator nut draws. I quickly throw $25 at the side event desk conveniently located on the other side of the event hall. Second one I stave off tin fins in a close match, followed by a win against dredge. Third match I play against Painter and lose by a landslide when he moons me on turn 2 twice. I also learned that pyroblast with painter out is a one mana stone rain. Fun stuff. After these games I make the two changes I described earlier, one as a reaction to the moon effects and two as a reaction to not having any byes.

Saturday comes and much to my surprise, I don't have the jitters and nervousness I usually get before a tournament. This lasted all day and I was ecstatic, I feel like that helped my play tremendously.

Round 1: Matt on TES (0-0)

Game 1 he wins the roll and I keep a solid 7 with no force as he mulls to 6. He turn one makes 14 goblins and I concede before he gets too much info. I sideboard horribly here. I have never played against TES, only seen lists, and all but one card he played looked to me like belcher. After the match I tell him this and he gives me a quick run down of how to identify TES from belcher.

Game 2 we both keep 7 and I get quick disruption followed by goyf getting in for 4. I misplayed here, preeeety badly. My hand is surgical, force, strix and he's at 5 after goyf gets in. I decide to hold strix because I thought the extra turn I give him is worth having force up. He draws and passes. I draw land, hit him to one and pass. He draws, exhales deeply, and with underground sea as his only permanent, casts dark ritual. I think for a minute and decide to force it, hoping to pinch his mana. He allows that and casts petal. Realizing he's got mana now, I surgical the burning wish I thoughtseized earlier, thinking that's his best chance to kill me. I get one from his hand and then he plays petal, LED, LED, crack both, hold priority infernal tutor for empty and make 18 goblins with me at 17. I smile at the fact that I boarded in deluge and kept pulse, knock on my deck and draw the land. After we talk about it, we came to the conclusion that not playing the strix was fine, but assuming we can pinch his mana when he's got a full grip was foolhardy. I vow to get byes next time and move on.

Round 2: Craig on Lands (0-1)

Game 1 after some opponent switching due to match slip errors, we both keep 7 and I get a quick double goyf opener. He finds combo just before I attack for lethal and Lages me.

Game 2 I thoughtseize away his exploration, counter his crop rotation and gamble attempt, and get there before he draws any gas.

Game 3 he starts off with tabernacle, mox diamond pitching depths, and diamond pitching depths, followed by loam. I play needle naming stage. He sets up a gamble that I force and I follow up with null rod. Goyf crushes face before he draws enough mana to play cards. He seems a bit upset at losing this one, whereas I'm jumping for joy for beating this awful matchup.

Round 3: Igor on Eldrazi (1-1)

Game 1 I wasteland him twice on the play after turn one DRS.

Game 2 I mull to 6 and keep a hand with goyfs, a strix, a thoughtseize and lands. Strix does the trade thing and goyf hits as a 5/6 and dominates the board. He seemed new to the deck and audibly commented how a 5/6 goyf just beats him, as if it was news.

Round 4: Sean on Grixis Delver (2-1)

Game 1 is a total slugfest, the only thing I truly remember is a board of 3 DRS on his side and 2 on mine. He for some reason didn't aggressively activate even though he wins those battles. I come up with a great quote as I ask him what beats 3 deathrites. He says what and I drop two 6/7 tarmogoyfs I got off of a brainstorm.

Game 2 he plays delver turn one, I answer with deathrite. He plays brainstorm on upkeep to flip and plays his own deathrite. I take the 3 and disfigure his delver then decay his deathrite. Liliana comes down after I force her through and cleans up.

Round 5: Will on Infect (3-1)

Game 1. This is, honest to God, the first time I've played against legacy infect. I know, that's just piss poor preparation, especially considering I proxied the deck to add to my playgroups legacy gauntlet only a couple weeks ago. He trounces me when he chooses to (correctly) buff his inkmoth instead of blighted agent when I had abrupt decay up.

Game 2 I play double strix to hold back the nexi while goyfs fat up the ground and roll in for the kill.

Game 3 I think I tilted him, the game goes almost exactly as 2, and as he's ready to give in, he casts probe and sees I've been holding onto golgari charm and deluge even though he has a glistener elf and 2 noble hierarchs in play. He scoops and walks off pretty quickly. He was actually a good opponent, not really a douche I swear. Just obviously tilting and hard.

Round 6: Juan on BUG Delver (4-1)

Game 1 was incredibly close, and came down to who had more deathrites. I had more deathrites.

Game 2 was also very good, and very long and very grindy. WE PLAYED SOME REAL MAGIC! I swear I think this was my favorite game all day. I don't recall all of the exact plays unfortunately, but basically I had Liliana that negged for a goyf then got deacyed. I then played another and put him in topdeck mode. Very fun match and I could really start to tell I was facing better players.

Round 7: Eli on Infect (5-1)

Game 1 I actually mulligan to 4. Decay, ponder, force, forest. Scry see wasteland. See an opportunity to win if he kept a one lander or something dumb like that. That's not what happens and I scoop once I see inkmoth and know what he's on. During boarding I see the true advantage of playing an off-meta deck as he's audibly trying to deduce whether I'm BUG delver, shardless BUG, or something else.

Game 2 he continuously tries to guess what I'm on as we play, and after turn one drs into turn two ponder and goyf, he's sold on BUG delver. Then I force his blighted agent pitching jace and he looks at me puzzled. I cast strix on my turn and he looks nauseous. He swings with inkmoth anyways and then I learn berserk gives trample. After the games he asks me a ton of questions about the deck and we have a great conversation about why Sharted BUG (my name for the deck BTW) is better than shardless. Great guy, he ends up 11-4? Hopes to get silver next GP. Good luck to him.

Round 8: Rich Cali on Miracles (5-2)

Game 1 he straight bodies me with an insane mentor turn after I have to go all out to stop a jace.

Game 2 I get the dream curve :) turn 3 Liliana, turn 4 Garruk, turn 5 Jace. I finish, he scoops.

Game 3 was a heartbreaker. I know he most likely did not mean it literally, but Ricardio told me if you have Jace and Liliana out, you can't lose. Wellll....... He cliques me, uses that to kill Lili that had to neg to kill a snapcaster, and pyroblasts my jace since he knows the coast is clear. It was a bit of a swing turn. He notes that Invasive Surgery doesn't seem great against him, and that the fact that I'm forced to sandbag deluge for mentor makes you play sub optimally if that's your only answer.

Round 9: Matt on Eldrazi (5-3)

Game 1 I mull to six and a turn 2 smasher with double mimic out on the play ends my face.

Game 2 I stave off the early aggression and slam a Jace with him having one relevant card. I immediately fateseal and keep him drawing lands, I have double force double blue card. I absolutely punt the game when I decide to let him keep warping wail, just to force it when he plays it realizing it goes ham with his jitte. I bottom the next card and have to force his endbringer he topdecks, and then the turn before I ult Jace, he plays the All Is Dust he had the whole time. Great patience and my misplay lead to my defeat. 5-4 finish.

Overall, I loved the deck. It felt great and I had a blast at my very first GP. The experience was capped off by Tim Horton's coffee and donuts and the most insane finals I've ever seen.

I'm acquiring the cards to build the deck myself and hope to be active in this thread as I have a lot of ideas that I'm sure I'll be told why they won't work. Of course I have to do a bit of reading to see what's already here. Thank you for reading and thank you again Ricardio for the hook up!

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

Haha good read. I disagree with the miracles player, but not because hes on miracles. Invasive is fine against him and deluge can clean up mentors/angels but sadly at sorcery speed.

Jan 2016
    Tampa Bay, Literally in the Water

His point was that the surgery really only hits terminus of note and it doesn't go with the board plan i went with of cutting goyfs and going more for walker dominance. And yeah his point with deluge was that i have to wait until he goes ham with mentor and just sandbag it until then. Several times i could not plus liliana because he had 3 cards one of which i know is mentor and i only had deluge. I wanted it to be pernicious deed sooooooooo bad. Btw I'm preeeety sure my board plan was shit, i cut 4 goyf, 4 strix, 4 force and added 2 surgery, 2 surgical, negate, garruk, clique, library, deluge, charm, needle, and null rod

Thread Information