Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2161676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1599

Thread: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by A21ClownSalute View Post
    Let's keep this thread alive!

What do we think becomes of 4c variants after the miracles ban?
    It doesn't invalidate having Red for K. Command and 'Blasts, those are still good cards.

It does possibly mean that some form of Stifle is more popular, a la RUG Delver, so you might get punished for the mana more often.

It probably means that the "goodness" of running 4 colors is even more meta-dependent.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Hey guys, having trouble figuring out exactly which BUG thread I should be posting in with my decklist, but hoping I could get some feedback/discussion on my current BUG build, based on the Reid Duke style deck, I live in an area that was a very big miracles meta, so I'm going into a pretty unknown field this week. I haven't built a sideboard yet, looking for suggestions.

Creature: 16

4x Deathrite Shaman
    3x Noble Hierarch
    2x Scavenging Ooze (Maybe Baleful Strix?)
    4x True-Name Nemesis
    2x Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1x Vendilion Clique

Non-Creature: 24

4x Force of Will
    4x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    2x Ponder
    2x Stifle
    3x Abrupt Decay
    1x Sylvan Library
    2x Fatal Push
    2x Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Land: 20

4x Misty Rainforest
    3x Verdant Catacombs
    2x Polluted Delta
    1x Bayou
    2x Tropical Island
    2x Underground Sea
    4x Wasteland
    1x Island
    1x Forest

Quote Originally Posted by Thedougler View Post
    Hey guys, having trouble figuring out exactly which BUG thread I should be posting in with my decklist, but hoping I could get some feedback/discussion on my current BUG build, based on the Reid Duke style deck, I live in an area that was a very big miracles meta, so I'm going into a pretty unknown field this week. I haven't built a sideboard yet, looking for suggestions.
    Well this is the list I will be running this Friday. My local meta has lots of combo decks, and had a couple of miracle players. I expect them to either switch to combo or blade decks, so I'm keeping that in mind.

Creature: 14

4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Noble Hierarch
    4x True-Name Nemesis
    2x Leovold, Emissary of Trest

Non-Creature: 25

4x Force of Will
    4x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    2x Ponder
    3x Thoughtseize
    3x Abrupt Decay
    1x Sylvan Library
    1x Umezawa's Jitte
    2x Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1x Murderous Cut (I kept cut over push because some of the aggro decks locally like to run fatties, plus I like that this kills Eidolon without 2 damange)

Land: 21

4x Misty Rainforest
    2x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Polluted Delta
    1x Bayou
    2x Tropical Island
    3x Underground Sea
    3x Wasteland
    1x Island
    1x Forest

Sideboard: 15
    2x Faerie Macabre (there is for a Br Reanimator deck, and each time he had Annex in hand I lost, so I'm trying these this week)
    2x Flusterstorm
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Surgical Extraction
    1x Thoughtseize
    1x Chill (there are usually 1-3 burn decks and occasionally mono-red sneak attach, so that's why I'm running chill, otherwise it would be Mindbreak Trap #2)
    1x Marsh Casualties (this was Dread of Night, but with Miracles gone all it hits is death and taxes, Casualties will also be good against elves)
    1x Umezawa's Jitte
    1x Engineered Plague
    1x Krosan Grip (this was abrupt decay #4. I expect an uptick of blood moon locally and blade decks)
    1x Mindbreak Trap
    2x Submerge (along with elves, there are usually 1-2 land decks locally)

Before the recent changes, I had 1x Nihil Spellbomb, 1x Painful Truths, similar to Reid's list. Both worked well.

Do you guys think it is too greedy to try to run 3 basic lands? I run forest/island now, but was thinking of cutting a 4th wasteland for a swamp. My list is 2 posts above, though I removed Stifles and Gurmag Angler for 3x Thoughtsieze.

Do you guys think it is too greedy to try to run 3 basic lands? I run forest/island now, but was thinking of cutting a 4th wasteland for a swamp. My list is 2 posts above, though I removed Stifles and Gurmag Angler for 3x Thoughtsieze.
    Well, I for one am a big proponent of lots of basics. But in the end, while looking at this deck with a friend, we both agreed that 2 basics seemed to be just enough. With the number of fetches and wastelands the deck runs, getting black mana under hate isn't as hard as you would expect, so long as you remember to be patient with when you activate DRS for black, while suffering under blood moon or other land hate. I'm probably pushing it by trying out Marsh Casualties this evening, but most decks I want it for, are not going to be playing anything that turns off my black mana completely.

I gotta ask.

If I play 4c control with red splash, where am I supposed to write my posts? Is this the thread? Do we need a new primer? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by useL View Post
    I gotta ask.

If I play 4c control with red splash, where am I supposed to write my posts? Is this the thread? Do we need a new primer? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    I'd say here.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Feb 2017
    Czech Republic

Re: [DTB] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by theMonster View Post
    Just played against someone on Cockatrice who was running what he said was Tomas Mar's latest 4C control iteration with two Wastelands, a Lili, at least one Leovold, Hymn, K-Command, a Bolt/Push/Decay mix, and a smattering of Strix and Snapcasters. I didn't see any Jaces or TNNs. Anyone know any more about this list? It was pretty powerful.

Hi :D

Jan 2015
    Austin, TX

Hi all,

I recently acquired a set of Underground Sea, and am now seriously considering BUG as a possible deck. I have previously piloted Canadian Threshold and RG Lands. I have a question for anyone familiar with the archetype.

It looks like the Delver variant of BUG has fallen out of favor, is that accurate?

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Just for my own OCD/sanity/pedantry:

Playing basics is the antithesis of "greedy." Greedy literally means things like splashing the 4th (or even a 3rd) color, having UU next to WW and BB or something. Shardless BUG was exceptionally greedy because it had UB, UG, GB, BB, and UU; meaning it could barely afford a single forest most of the time.

Basics are almost a direct measurement of how not-greedy you are. Being greedy is saying "I know this could totally screw me on colors but if I just cut *one* more basic, I can probably make it work." Delver decks are also notoriously greedy. "How few lands can I run, shaving all of my basics, and maxing wastelands, so that I draw live as often as possible."

"Greedy" decks are punished by Back to Basics, Blood Moon/Magus, Wasteland, Ghost Quarter, Stifle, and similar. The less "greedy" you are, the less those cards will punish you, but the more you have to be conservative on the mana costs of cards you're running.

Greed is a metric of your lands : difficulty-casting-things ratio. Lands, for example, is also greedy to a degree, because with a single basic Forest, it's banking on having Crop or fetches get it in matches that matter; but it will *guaranteed* lose to a T1 blood moon [though it can kill magus..]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

I'm also curious about the current state of BUG midrange/control. It doesn't seem to be putting up results. Any thoughts on its place in the current meta?

Quote Originally Posted by tescrin View Post
    Greed is a metric of your lands : difficulty-casting-things ratio.
    This (fine) definition shows the reason you're wrong: basics make things harder to cast because they give you less versatility and increase the odds that you draw color-screwed.

I'd say it's hard to use "greedy" to describe any manabase:
    Running more duals makes it easier to cast your spells if you don't see hate, at the risk of Wasteland/Blood Moon.
    Running more basics makes it harder to cast your spells if you don't see hate, for more security against nonbasic hate.
    And this doesn't consider Port, which is always surprisingly punishing against basics.

It's more true to say that a spell configuration is more or less greedy in the color requirements involved. And even then, you're making trade-offs. Is cutting Leovold for Eternal Scourge less greedy because Scourge is easier to cast? Sort of, but you're being greedy toward castability at the expense of power.
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Nilla Pac View Post
    I've goldfished with Doomsday decks about twenty times and I still haven't won a game yet.

Is Cancer

Jul 2014

Quote Originally Posted by anwei View Post
    This (fine) definition shows the reason you're wrong: basics make things harder to cast because they give you less versatility and increase the odds that you draw color-screwed.

It's more true to say that a spell configuration is more or less greedy in the color requirements involved. And even then, you're making trade-offs. Is cutting Leovold for Eternal Scourge less greedy because Scourge is easier to cast? Sort of, but you're being greedy toward castability at the expense of power.
    After posting and driving to work, I *knew* someone would post a response like this. The greed here isn't in the basic land, it's in the spell's inability to be casted.

Yes, Eternal Scourge *is* less greedy than Leo. That's the point. You can make your *mana base more greedy* to compensate the greedy choices in the deck, but you're still playing difficult to cast cards, which is "greed." Greed doesn't mean bad; it just means weak to a certain set of card effects.

Similarly, someone can play 17 lands weak to wasteland and twelve 3-drops and five 4-drops. Probably won't work, but functionally they will occasionally get the exact same draws they would have with 23 lands; except they have 6 more live cards. The majority of the time they will, however, will be lacking the lands to carry their top-heavy deck along. This is greed. Playing powerful cards in place of the manabase that it requires to support them.

You could point out it's possible to make a greedy deck like 19 mountains, 46 red/colorless spells, 4 fatal push, and a swamp; but the greed here is the Fatal Push. The swamp won't screw him unless all of his spells lack colorless symbols (in which those cards are greedy additions if you're mixing colors.) Additionally, some of his draws will see the perfect combination of Push, Swamp, other stuff; and boy it'll feel nice when it does.

______
    The reason I'm bringing it up is that confusing that term muddies the waters of what many decks are often claiming to do. A Blood Moon punishes greedy decks. Period. Who dies to it? Decks without basics. This is where the definition comes from. Wasteland punishes decks the more greedy they are. When you waste a shardless player off of Trop and they instead have USea Wasteland with a Strix, Agent, and Lily in hand; what happened? They got greedy.

It's even the term used for "greedy" keeps. Have 1 land but a fist of *really* good synergistic spells? You could get lucky and rip the correct land off the top, or you could brainlock yourself looking for it. That is a greedy keep. Why? Because you can't cast your stuff. It's not the basic land's fault that you chose to have TNN, Liliana, Abrupt Decay, and Strix in a deck. It's the "greed" of all the raw power of mixing those cards, while realizing you will often lose to a well placed Wasteland, or a badly timed Back to Basics.

This isn't a judgement of condemnation for putting the good stuff together, but rather a correction of the term and how it's used.

Reminder: I am well aware that this is utterly pedantic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestalim View Post
    Wrong. Gideon Emblem protect you from losing and you can even open your binder and slam some cards on the board, not even the HJ can DQ you now.

Hi everyone,

New to The Source and first time post. Just wondering what has happened to this thread.

Are people still playing Sultai Midrange/Control or has everyone now playing 4c Czech Pile?
    If you still playing Sultai Midrange/Control,and have you updated your decklists?

Would like to keep this thread going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost888 View Post
    Hi everyone,

New to The Source and first time post. Just wondering what has happened to this thread.

Are people still playing Sultai Midrange/Control or has everyone now playing 4c Czech Pile?
    If you still playing Sultai Midrange/Control,and have you updated your decklists?

Patrick Richter took this deck to the recent MKM Hamburg and had some success. Saw some people already copying the deck. (Here you can find it: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16936&d=304758&f=LE) I played a similar version on the MKM Hamburg and it felt very strong in all matchups i faced. Much removal and TNNs against the fairer decks. And dedicated hate for the unfairer matchups. Nihil Spellbomb and Surgical are also some good help against annoying Snapcaster Mages. Why this over Czech Pile ? Personally i find it to be more stable with just 3 Colors and it tends to be a little bit faster.

I think my lack of practice with the deck (last minute switch from Reanimator) were the main issue of my medicore overall result. I find especially the addition of Strix tend to give the deck a stronger early game against the various delver style decks and help to protect you and your Jaces.

The list i would play now would be something like this:

3 Underground Sea
    1 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Misty Rainforest
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland

3 Baleful Strix
    2 Noble Hierarch
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    4 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Tasigur The Golden Fang

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    3 Thoughtseize
    3 Fatal Push
    3 Abrupt Decay

1 Umezawas Jitte

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

SB
    2 Nihil Spellbomb
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Flusterstorm
    1 Umezawas Jitte
    2 Marsh Casualties
    1 Liliana of the Veil
    1 Engineered Playgue
    1 Dread of Night
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Sylvan Library
    Current Legacy decks:

Turbo Nemesis
    Sneak and Show
    Reanimator
    Tin Fins
    GW Enchantress

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost888 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I've been testing iterations of BUG Control all by my lonesome. I used to come to this thread to check out ideas but it seems like people are mostly playing Noble BUG so lots of those principles didn't apply to what I was doing.

If you want to check out a list, here's something I Top 8'd a 72 player 1k with a few months back. I've been making tweaks and changes to the ideas in that list every week so my current build is very different. I'm not sure if these ideas are close enough to "Team America" for them to be posted here but in these colors, it feels like you can really just smoosh a bunch of good cards together and do okay.

I was mostly trying to build a planeswalker control deck with a varied number of permanent types to play better with an endgame fatty Goyf or SB To The Slaughter/Invasive Surgery. I now have Gurmag Anglers in place of Goyf now since those play better vs Fatal Push + with Pernicious Deed/Toxic Deluge.

4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Forest
    3 Wasteland
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Baleful Strix
    2 Tarmogoyf
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Force of Will
    1 Counterspell
    4 Ponder
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Pernicious Deed
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

SB: 1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    SB: 1 Pernicious Deed
    SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Invasive Surgery
    SB: 1 Spell Pierce
    SB: 2 To the Slaughter
    SB: 1 Liliana of the Veil
    SB: 1 Garruk Relentless
    SB: 2 Thoughtseize
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge

What kind of lists are y'all messing around with?
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Thanks Joe Egio and Danyul. I have commented below my decklist.
    The list I have been playing was initially the list Reid Duke won with at Louisville but with the fatal push.

Decklist:
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Forest
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    21 Lands

2 Baleful Strix
    3 Noble Hierarch
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Gurmag Angler
    15 Creatures

4 Brainstorm
    2 Ponder
    3 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Umezawas Jitte
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    24 Spells

SB
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Mindbreak trap
    1 Diabolic Edict
    2 Dread of Night
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Fatal Push
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Painful Truths
    1 Umezawas Jitte

Joe Egio, I like Tasigur The Golden Fang but play Gurmag Angler. For the following reason:
    1) Tasigur can get bounced by Karakas
    2) Wouldn’t think we can activate Tasigur’s ability often enough
    3) The extra power can trade with Reality Smasher

I have never tested with it, how has it been for you? I could be convinced to change.

Danyul, I like your thoughts. Before I got my duals and Reid won Louisville. I was thinking of making a Nic Fit. Play planeswalkers and rest with deeds. It is even better with the new legendary rule for planeswalkers.
    For some extra ideas check out.
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...r-Deck-Nic-Fit

My thoughts on the deck:
    Thinking of cutting more nobles for baleful strix as drawing nobles late game they are not impressive. Also after Reid won, no more miracles and 4C Czech Pile, I find there is more removal and toxic deluge around.
    I understand the idea of Reid’s deck get a turn 3 threat out early and attack but right now, I think baleful strix is better as it replaces itself.

Thinking of cutting a Jace to make the deck quicker but not sure what to play.

I do like 4C Czech Pile, but don’t think I will invest in extra the duals yet. I sometimes find Sultai is mana intensive especially when they kill a deathrite or noble then wasteland you, therefore agree that 4C Czech Pile is even more mana greedy which makes Sultai better

Any advice on changes to make on the decklist?
    What do you feel are good and bad match ups?
    How do we sideboard strategies?
    My store has a variety of Decks (Lands, Elves, Death and Taxes, Portent Miracles, 4c loam, 4c czech pile, grixis delver and storm)

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey guys,
    so after playing Moon Walker Stompy for several months I'm back in black and gettin back into the goodstuff BUG world.

After seeing Pascal Richter & Marius Hausmann doing good work with this pile I just wanted to bring new life into this thread because the deck is quite popular here in europe and probably the best BUG shell available atm.

Here's Pascal Richter's Top 4 list of mkm Hamburg which has not changed till now.

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16936&d=304758&f=LE

I played a quite similar list back in February before my five month break but I stoped playing it because Food Chain looked to sweet.

I'm playing a small tournament tomorrow and will let you guys know how it went for me.

This will be the list tomorrow:

Maindeck:
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Baleful Strix
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Snapcaster Mage

2 Fatal Push
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Dismember

4 Force of Will
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Hymn to Tourach

2 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder

3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

SIDEBOARD
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Marsh Casualties
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Liliana the last Hope
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Thoughtseize

FoW Count 24

I made two small changes, -1 Push +1 Dismember because I know some Eldrazis will be there and -1 Flusterstorm -1 Hydroblast +2 Vendilion Clique because I know that combo will be a factor as well.

Greetings
    Last edited by Manipulato; 11-20-2017 at 01:27 AM.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Hey guys, short report as promised. BUG Midrange placed 1st and 3rd today ^^ 16 guys total.

Round 1: Esper Reanimator 2:0

Round 2: Burn 2:1

Round 3: ID (BUG mirror vs Marius Hausmann, we did not want to play the 70 card mirror)

Round 4: ID (NicFit Would have won 2:1)

Quarterfinals: ANT 2:1

Semifinals: Miracles 0:2 (2 Back to basics & Jace TMS did some work here, it´s super hard to get threw all the counters and Terminus is a solid answer to TNN. The discard is also not that great vs them because they just have a million cantrips + Jace to draw them out of the situations)

3rd place finish and picked up 1 Cavern of Souls & 1 Flooded Strand with 60€ value.

Top 4 list´s can be found here http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=17560&d=308793&f=LE

Decklist:
    15 Creatures
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Baleful Strix
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Snapcaster Mage

24 Spells
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Dismember

4 Force of Will
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Hymn to Tourach

2 Umezawa's Jitte

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder

21 Lands
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Wasteland
    1 Island
    1 Swamp

SIDEBOARD
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Vendilion Clique
    2 Marsh Casualties
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Liliana the last Hope
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Thoughtseize

Clique did not dissapoint me and won me G2 vs ANT and was just a solid card vs NicFit & Miracles.

Dismember was not relevant because I did not face any creature based MU's especially no Eldrazi or Angler deck (Multiple in the room). Fatal Push would have been also irrelevant...

I really want the 3rd Flusterstorm in the SB because its just so good, I have to find room for it somewhere.

Mixing UU & BB spells in the MD can be a bit difficult from time to time but Hymn is just to good at the moment not to play.
    Last edited by Manipulato; 11-20-2017 at 06:25 AM.
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Hi all,

Longtime lurker, first-time poster.

Took the following Sultai list to a local event last week. It’s somewhere between Sultai Delver (which I've been playing for the last ~5 months) and Grupp's MKM Barcelona "Sultai Leovold" list:

4x Deathrite Shaman
    4x Baleful Strix
    3x True-Name Nemesis
    1x Snapcaster Mage
    1x Leovold, Emissary Of Trest
    1x Tombstalker
    (14)

4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Force Of Will
    3x Fatal Push
    2x Daze
    2x Abrupt Decay
    2x Hymn To Tourach
    2x Thoughtseize
    (23)

1x Liliana, The Last Hope
    1x Jace, The Mind Sculptor
    (2)

1x Sylvan Library
    (1)

4x Misty Rainforest
    4x Polluted Delta
    2x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Underground Sea
    1x Tropical Island
    1x Bayou
    1x Island
    1x Swamp
    3x Wasteland
    (20)

SB:

1x Diabolic Edict
    1x Far // Away
    1x Hydroblast
    2x Hymn To Tourach
    1x Invasive Surgery
    1x Life From The Loam
    2x Marsh Casualties
    1x Painful Truths
    1x Pithing Needle
    1x Spell Pierce
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Toxic Deluge
    (15)

The main quirk to the list would be the 2 maindeck copies of Daze. It seems that the main reason to play straight Sultai over 4C is in order to access 3+ Wastelands on top of rock-solid mana. The inclusion of Daze is attempt to further leverage Wastelands against greedy midrange decks, and also a way to help shore up matchups against the faster end of the format; Delver, ANT, Reanimator etc. Compared to 4C, you lose out on the absurd grinding capability of Snapcaster Mage + Kommand, but TNN/Tombstalker and the walkers are usually still good enough to go over the top of most of the format. The sideboard is constructed in such a way that it's full of generically useful cards so there are plenty of options for when the Dazes are bad. Thoroughly recommend giving it a spin in this shell over some of the frequently surplus top end such as the second Jace and Snapcasters that most lists play, definitely adds a different dimension to the deck and I can only assume makes it a lot harder to play against.

Anyway, went a thoroughly mediocre 2-2 at the event, with wins against Lands (2-0) and Death & Taxes (2-0), losses to Grixis Delver (0-2) and Turbo Depths (0-2). Despite the result, the deck felt pretty good.

Naturally, some tweaks made to the main deck:

-1x Fatal Push (I’ve generally run 2 in my Sultai lists since this it was printed and been happy with it. It’s a great answer to DRS, Delver and Thalia but beyond that often a liability)
    -1x Thoughtseize
    +1x Diabolic Edict (sided these in every game, it would have been an out in each of the 4 games lost. Marit Lage in particular is very popular in my meta.)
    +1x Inquisition Of Kozilek (I feel it would be very useful to be able to keep a discard spell in against Grixis Delver, where the information assymetry makes the matchup really difficult to play against Dazes and Stifles. Very much open to this being wrong but I notice Tomas Mar was high on this card in his Barcelona 4C list.)

and to the sideboard:

-1x Diabolic Edict (moved to main)
    +1x Counterspell (powerful, generic answer whose value goes up in slower post-board games. Alternatively, could be a Vendilion Clique or an extra Snapcaster Mage).

Since the changes, found the time for 6 matches on Xmage and an undefeated 6-0, against UW Stoneblade (2-0), Czech Pile (2-0), Temur Delver (2-1), Burn (2-1), and a couple of other decks I unfortunately don’t remember though I'm certain they were tier strategies. Needless to say very happy with the changes so far, and will be running the deck back at the local tonight with a report to follow.

Any comments or critique on card choices more than welcome.

Cheers!

Thread Information