Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1599

Thread: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Re: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt_Lucifer View Post
    Mostly play BUG Delver but dable with BUG Control cause at some point you get annoyed when Delver doesnt flip...

This list looks interesting, like its leaning towards Delver side of things with Dazes and no Planeswalkers main.

How is your Lands matchup?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    It's fine, relatively speaking, definitely better than if you're playing Delver with the extra TNNs and basics. Actually the lands (and D&T) matchups are why I switched off of Sultai Delver to start with. You're right, it's basically just a delverless Delver deck.

Nov 2017
    Shanghai, China

Quote Originally Posted by robx13 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in replying.

Along with Aluren, it's a really tough matchup. The BUG Leovold mirrors are already basically a coin flip; one player draws more Deathrites and Leovolds than the other draws removal and then they win. But on top of that, Food Chain has a combo that you have to respect and also the value of Manipulate Fate > cast 3/3 flyers every turn which you basically can't beat. You're leaning on Hymn pretty heavily and trying to stick a TNN, Leo or Tombstalker early to win before they can recover. In addition, your Wastelands are mostly useless as they have access to 3-4 basics usually. Out of the board you want to be able to bring in 1-2x Marsh Casualties, 1x Toxic Deluge, 1x Snapcaster Mage, 1x Liliana the Last Hope and 1x Invasive Surgery as well as potentially the Painful Truths, Thoughtseizes and the Null Rod, which shuts off Walking Ballista but does little else. My last opponent had Relic Of Progenitus as well so I felt it was worth it but not sure overall. To make room, I'm sure I want to cut the Wastelands and a Diabolic Edict, and then some number of Dazes depending on play/draw, True-Names which gets a bit worse post board, and perhaps also the basic Island if you're feeling aggressive. Usually Force Of Will is the first thing I'd board out in a GB mirror, but stopping Manipulate Fate from resolving is too important and countering a Leovold is fine too; maybe 2-3 copies is sufficient however. I'm not entirely sure what's correct and could use more practice at it, but I hope that's helpful to you.

Onto Eternal Weekend... Earned a bye going 4-1 in a trial on the Friday morning. Results:

R1 vs. Grixis Delver: 2-0
    R2 vs. ANT: 0-2 (I got totally outplayed by an excellent opponent, unsuprised to see them 5-0 the trial and at the top tables for most of the main event.)
    R3 vs. Aluren: 2-1
    R4 vs. Infect: 2-0 (I'm 4-0 against our local Infect player, have to believe it's an excellent matchup
    R5 vs. Belcher 2-1

Main event ended up a relatively disappointing 6-3 for 38th place overall:

R1 BYE
    R2 vs. Elves 1-2 (This is the first time I've ever lost to Elves with a BUG list, particularly frustrating as I fought back from being down 8 permanents vs. my 1 basic Swamp in G2 to put them DOB, only for them to topdeck their 1 remaining Nissa on the final turn. But it was a well-fought match by my opponent too so not to discredit them.)
    R3 vs. Tin Fins 2-0
    R4 vs. BUG Delver 2-0 (Fairly sure my opponent tried to cheat in G2, they were DOB, played a Tombstalker which I dazed, they tried to exile a card from their GY to pay for it. Judge simply ruled they couldn't do it, no warning even.)
    R5 vs. Grixis Delver 1-2 (Played a terrible G3 and deserved to lose despite my opponent making some big mistakes too. Truth told I was feeling a bit off it this round and played a bit scared.)
    R6 vs. Esper Deathblade 2-1
    R7 vs. Miracles 2-1 (Against a friend who I consider probably one of the best Miracles players in the world, intense match, lots of fun! Got pretty lucky to win it in time!)
    R8. vs. Sneak and Show 2-0
    R9. vs BUG midrange 1-2 (Leovold mirrors are dumb, none of the games were particularly close)

The list was the same except for a 1-of Stifle in the board over the Liliana, because I was expecting a fair amount of Turbo-Depths and also it's a useful card against Grixis Delver, Storm and Miracles and totally reasonable to just side in anytime you're on the play against a deck with fetchlands. It didn't disappoint. Moving forwards, I really want to find space for a second Tombstalker because it's basically the best card in the deck when you can resolve it and the best realistic mirror-breaker. I've cut the Spell Pierce for now which can be a little too high variance and doesn't mesh with the tap-out style of the rest of the deck. In the sideboard, I'm fine with the Stifle but I'm still looking for other options. If I can get my hands on one in time I'm going to try a Liliana's Defeat for tonight's local event as another card for DRS/Leovold/Gurmag Angler decks where the main way that you lose is due to your opponent sticking one of those cards.

Any further questions about matchups, please ask away!
    Thanks for you sharing! It was a tough game against food chain and aluren when I was playing Team America. And I was thinking of how would it goes with BUG control. Now seems it would still be an issue but it should be better than that for TA.

Several question(might a little bit basic but want to discuss w/ this chance:):
    1. Which land do you often fetch at the beginning of the game? Will you try to fetch basic first to avoid wasteland/blood moon?
    2. I used to have daze in my deck but it looks tricky when the game goes longer. What do you think? Is spell pierce works better than JD's Flusterstorm in main?

Share my current list here:) https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1009027#paper

Quote Originally Posted by ReinhardtGao View Post
    Thanks for you sharing! It was a tough game against food chain and aluren when I was playing Team America. And I was thinking of how would it goes with BUG control. Now seems it would still be an issue but it should be better than that for TA.

Several question(might a little bit basic but want to discuss w/ this chance:):
    1. Which land do you often fetch at the beginning of the game? Will you try to fetch basic first to avoid wasteland/blood moon?
    2. I used to have daze in my deck but it looks tricky when the game goes longer. What do you think? Is spell pierce works better than JD's Flusterstorm in main?

Share my current list here:) https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1009027#paper
    1) Fetching is tough in any Legacy deck of course. In general, against an unknown opponent I prefer to just fetch my duals, especially if I have a Deathrite Shaman. The basic Island is REALLY bad on turn 1 as it prevents you from casting Hymn on T2 so try not to fetch that if possible. I'm quite happy to just fetch-pass on T1 against an unknown rather than cast something like a Ponder, that way you get more information before you make you fetching decision, and what you're looking for with the Ponder as well.
    2) This deck's 'late-game' is True-Name Nemesis, Leovold and Tombstalker, all of which have a nasty habit of making most of the game's subsequent draws obsolete, from both players. Because of this, the late-game Daze is rarely a problem, and is sometimes even actively good when teamed up with Wastelands as well for keeping your opponent off of their catchup spells. Typically, in most BUG lists such as your own, you're running PWs in these slots instead. While that does give you a better lategame, I find it to be uneccessary in these colours because usually, keeping your opponent off what they're doing and following up with one of the big creatures is usually enough, while a card like Jace I find to be sort of win more, because when you're resolving a 4 mana sorcery speed permanent and have the board clear enough to protect it, you're usually winning anyway. Daze on the other hand, helps you to get to the mid game against combo decks and is crucial against Delver strategies where your mana is under pressure. Sure, it can be a terrible topdeck but it's one of the best cards to see in you're opening hand, and with this list many of the games are effectively won or lost by turns 3-5. Now, if you've decided you do definitely want to play with Jace and Lili in your deck, then I wouldn't recommend Daze and prefer more discard such as Thoughtseize, as you've chosen to do. I will however say that at GP Birmingham this past weekend, Daze was a huge overperformer, not only in the work that it did do, but also the number of times where having one in hand would have won me games (and matches) that I ended up losing. I suppose the other side of that is that it's inherently a somewhat high variance card, but so are many of Legacy's most powerful cards.

About Spell Pierce, I think it is better than Fluster yes. You really need answers to Chalice and opposing Blood Moons and Planeswalkers, all of which are huge problems. In this style of deck without much play at instant speed to build storm, Flusterstorm functionally ends up being the same as Spell Pierce against most instants/sorceries anyway, and combo matchups are already quite solid over a 3-game match. Having said that, the Pierce is the 60th card in the main and I could certainly see wanting more discard or removal (but not another Daze, I've tried from 2-4 and 3 feels the perfect number).

A quick report from GP Birmingham, where I had my worst run with this deck to date, going 4-4. The list was again unchanged in the main and I played the 3rd Abrupt Decay as the 15th sideboard card; if I were to register it again tomorrow that's the list I'd go with, I can't see where to improve it further.

R1 vs. Moon Stompy 1-2
    R2 vs. Slow Depths 2-1
    R3 vs. Death & Taxes 0-2
    R4 vs. Lands 2-1
    R5 vs. UR Delver 2-1
    R6 vs. BUG Delver 2-0
    R7 vs. Grixis Delver 1-2
    R8 vs. BUG Midrange 1-2

I have a simple rule in Magic not to blame luck for my results so I won't; I lost all 4 of those matches fair and square. Terrible result but that's life. For the time being though, no more Deathrites, True-Names, Leos, Hymns or Wastelands for me. Best of luck to all working on the deck moving forwards!

Nov 2017
    Shanghai, China

Quote Originally Posted by robx13 View Post
    1) Fetching is tough in any Legacy deck of course. In general, against an unknown opponent I prefer to just fetch my duals, especially if I have a Deathrite Shaman. The basic Island is REALLY bad on turn 1 as it prevents you from casting Hymn on T2 so try not to fetch that if possible. I'm quite happy to just fetch-pass on T1 against an unknown rather than cast something like a Ponder, that way you get more information before you make you fetching decision, and what you're looking for with the Ponder as well.
    2) This deck's 'late-game' is True-Name Nemesis, Leovold and Tombstalker, all of which have a nasty habit of making most of the game's subsequent draws obsolete, from both players. Because of this, the late-game Daze is rarely a problem, and is sometimes even actively good when teamed up with Wastelands as well for keeping your opponent off of their catchup spells. Typically, in most BUG lists such as your own, you're running PWs in these slots instead. While that does give you a better lategame, I find it to be uneccessary in these colours because usually, keeping your opponent off what they're doing and following up with one of the big creatures is usually enough, while a card like Jace I find to be sort of win more, because when you're resolving a 4 mana sorcery speed permanent and have the board clear enough to protect it, you're usually winning anyway. Daze on the other hand, helps you to get to the mid game against combo decks and is crucial against Delver strategies where your mana is under pressure. Sure, it can be a terrible topdeck but it's one of the best cards to see in you're opening hand, and with this list many of the games are effectively won or lost by turns 3-5. Now, if you've decided you do definitely want to play with Jace and Lili in your deck, then I wouldn't recommend Daze and prefer more discard such as Thoughtseize, as you've chosen to do. I will however say that at GP Birmingham this past weekend, Daze was a huge overperformer, not only in the work that it did do, but also the number of times where having one in hand would have won me games (and matches) that I ended up losing. I suppose the other side of that is that it's inherently a somewhat high variance card, but so are many of Legacy's most powerful cards.

About Spell Pierce, I think it is better than Fluster yes. You really need answers to Chalice and opposing Blood Moons and Planeswalkers, all of which are huge problems. In this style of deck without much play at instant speed to build storm, Flusterstorm functionally ends up being the same as Spell Pierce against most instants/sorceries anyway, and combo matchups are already quite solid over a 3-game match. Having said that, the Pierce is the 60th card in the main and I could certainly see wanting more discard or removal (but not another Daze, I've tried from 2-4 and 3 feels the perfect number).

A quick report from GP Birmingham, where I had my worst run with this deck to date, going 4-4. The list was again unchanged in the main and I played the 3rd Abrupt Decay as the 15th sideboard card; if I were to register it again tomorrow that's the list I'd go with, I can't see where to improve it further.

R1 vs. Moon Stompy 1-2
    R2 vs. Slow Depths 2-1
    R3 vs. Death & Taxes 0-2
    R4 vs. Lands 2-1
    R5 vs. UR Delver 2-1
    R6 vs. BUG Delver 2-0
    R7 vs. Grixis Delver 1-2
    R8 vs. BUG Midrange 1-2

I have a simple rule in Magic not to blame luck for my results so I won't; I lost all 4 of those matches fair and square. Terrible result but that's life. For the time being though, no more Deathrites, True-Names, Leos, Hymns or Wastelands for me. Best of luck to all working on the deck moving forwards!
    Thanks for your sharing. I haven’t had a chance to bring my deck to a big enough tournament yet, so it is so happy to see other players list and performance then think about the next step for me.

Last weekend I went to a local 10 players game with 5 round Swiss. I won stax, turbo depth and infect, but I lost against Grixis and Eldrazi because of mana stuck. My opening had no fetch but only dual land. As oppo wastelanded my land I got stuck all along. That’s why I’m thinking of which land to fetch first. After reading your post, I agree it is acceptable to fetch-go in T1 and put a pierce in hand as response. Will go more test about it.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I usually play Maverick but I've been jamming this UB list on and off, it's been a lot of fun and usually gets me 3-1 at my weekly. Just got my first 4-0 with it beating TES, Enchantress (Oh boy), Miracles, ANT. Only green card(s) are the 4 DRS, 1 bayou, and the 1 sb Decay. I know the list is a bit of a brew/different but this seemed like the closest thread for it, sorry if it doesn't belong.

// 60 Maindeck
    // 14 Creature
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Baleful Strix
    2 True-Name Nemesis

// 13 Instant
    3 Fatal Push
    1 Diabolic Edict
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    1 Spell Snare

// 20 Land
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Underground Sea
    1 Bayou
    3 Wasteland
    1 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Bloodstained Mire

// 4 Planeswalker
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    3 Liliana, the Last Hope

// 9 Sorcery
    3 Ponder
    4 Thoughtseize
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Toxic Deluge

// 15 Sideboard
    // 2 Artifact
    SB: 1 Null Rod
    SB: 1 Pithing Needle

// 8 Instant
    SB: 1 Echoing Truth
    SB: 1 To the Slaughter
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 1 Invasive Surgery
    SB: 1 Abrupt Decay

// 5 Sorcery
    SB: 1 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 3 Inquisition of Kozilek
    SB: 1 Hymn to Tourach

Liliana I feel is really powerful in this meta (even though my matchups today don't reflect that at all lol) and is kind of the point of the deck- trade down 1for1 with removal/thoughtseize then get slowly ahead with snapcaster/strix and liliana picking those back up will pull you even farther ahead, she also acts as removal/stall and a win condition. 1of Jace because he's solid lategame and it's a nice out to Ensnaring Bridge. I played Tomb Stalker before but I swapped them for TNN because he pitches to force and is harder to kill, importantly he doesn't get mucked by plow, so a lot of the cards that kill him will let Liliana pick him back up.

I have wastelands so I have more of a fight against Dark Depths, and there's a lot of cards to bring in vs combo as there's a lot of cards to take out like the Lilianas, removal spells, etc. Maybe I can jam more hymns and Echoing Truth might be an odd sb card but w/e. Deck is a lot of fun to play, I played the same snapcaster mage 3 times vs ANT game 1 because I had Liliana uptick kill my own snapcaster -> -2 it back next turn. Hey, gotta give her a job in that game before I side her out haha.

Went 2-1 today at my LGS's weekly with Denazi's list -1 Fluster, +1 Spell Pierce MB.

R1 vs. my friend's Cloudpost brew (with like 3 Candelabras, Ancient Stirrings, Hour of Promise, top end w/ Emrakul and such): 2-0
    - G1 was pretty uneventful. Forced relevant things and beat/drained him to death w/ TNN and Deathrite. G2 was won with an early Wasteland on Cloudpost into Surgical.

R2 vs. Jund Depths: 2-0
    - G1 was pretty grindy, but went similarly to G1 against Cloudpost. G2 was won quickly by drawing an early Life from the Loam coupled with Wasteland.

R3 vs. BUG Delver: 0-2
    - G1 I kept drawing the worst possible hands, and went down to 4 damned cards. Not much to say there, other than I almost recovered somehow. G2 was super grindy and close, but ended up losing to a Golgari Charm off the top which cleared my TNN and 2 Strixes. Doesn't feel like a bad match-up; I just got unlucky.

The list feels quite strong, and I don't think I really want to make any other changes. I didn't think I'd ever play a control shell, but this is my new favorite deck.

May 2014

Andrea Mengucci featured a Daze version of the deck on CFB: https://www.channelfireball.com/vide...nnel-mengucci/ . Some interesting games in there (mirror, Lands, Sneak and Show, Elves, B/G depths). He had access to some more aggressive lines against SnS that I might have considered (at one point he has DRS+Strix against his opponent on 12 with Jace and he chooses to attack down Jace instead of trying to close the game out, in another case his opponent responds to a Hymn with Brainstorm and Andrea can Force the Brainstorm to leave his opponent on 0 cards, but chooses instead to let him hide cards).

2x Jace and 3x Daze seems awkward - an aggressive list like robx13's seems much more appropriate if you want to be Dazing people. No TNN also seems suspect to me, tho he's rocking 2x Liliana the Last Hope MD to beat up on creature decks, so maybe it's fine. Personally, I've felt the TNN+Jitte plan is one of the big draws for this deck, but Liliana is also a major house and seems to fill a similar role.

Hi there. im a former Bug Delver player that turn to the dark side of control. My playstyle is more conservetive and grindy so i think it was a good change.
    im going to put my list here and explain the reason of this configuration

BUG LEOVOLD

4 Deathrite Shaman
    3 Baleful Strix
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Tarmogoyf
    2 Leovold Emissary of Trest

4 Brainstorm
    4 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    3 Abrupt Decay

4 Ponder
    4 Hymn to Tourach

2 Liliana the Last Hope
    1 Jace TMS

3 Underground Sea
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    3 Wasteland
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Misty Rainforest

2 Diabolic Edit
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Disfigure
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Hydroblast
    2 Surgical Extration
    1 Sylvan Library

POINT 1 : why tarmogoyf ? When i play tarmogoyf i fell like a waste of mana. its a defender and attaking machine that does nothing. but like force of will its a necessary evil. this deck need goyf because you need to aply pressure. grixis delver cannot control tarmogoyf . normally a 5/6 its a huge ammount of pressure and puts their true name and Angler on defense.

Point 2 : 4 Fatal Push + 3 Abrup Decay . this deck needs a lot of removal. you have to delay the game and the best way its to kill everything that matters in front of you. one more tome grixis delver have few creatures to deal with all this removal

Point 3 : 4 Hymn to Tourachs . 2 for one its allways good. against Chzek Pille and other Control matchups ( mirror / Miracles / Grixis Control ) its a mvp. the person that uses.their resourses at his best is the favored to win , and Hymn to Tourach dennies your oppponent to do so.

Point 4 : 2 Liliana 1 Jace. Liliana is a beast. its clears the way for your goyfs / brings back your dudes / every turn becomes more and more like a threat. Jace is jace

Point 5 : Sideboard . i Think its well balanced.

Against grixis we have plenty cards to take. 4 forces 2 hymn 1 Jace for 2 golgari 2 edit 1 disfigure 1 Life from the loam and 1 hydroblast.

Last week i've spllited in the finals ( for a challice of the void ) after a 3 -1-1 in the swiss and winning in the semis against ur delver.

Hope you enjoy my resumed explanation
    Best Regards
    Xoila22 / Ricardo Martins

Apr 2017
    Delft, Netherlands

Dude wins a 88 player tournament in the Netherlands. Deck looks sweet. Did some test runs with it on xmage and its very promising.

https://www.facebook.com/dutchopense...type=3&theater

Quote Originally Posted by Ribo View Post
    Dude wins a 88 player tournament in the Netherlands. Deck looks sweet. Did some test runs with it on xmage and its very promising.

https://www.facebook.com/dutchopense...type=3&theater
    Yeah, same for me - Tarmogoyf adds a much needed clock in my opinion. I don't feel like there are many terrible matchups for the deck so far but I'm fairly new to legacy so I might be wrong.

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could give me some sideboarding help against Dragon Stompy. I'm playing basically the same list as what Ribo posted, except -1 Edict, +1 Blast. My current plan has been something along the lines of -2 Thoughtseize, -2 Leo, +2 Blast, +1 Deluge, +1 Lili. Not sure if that makes any sense at all, so I'd greatly appreciate any input.

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Another great finish for the deck. Again with the "new" Tarmogoyf version (Which I personally dont think is good right now tbh but anyway...).

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19413&d=323718&f=LE
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

May 2016
    italy

Quote Originally Posted by Manipulato View Post
    Another great finish for the deck. Again with the "new" Tarmogoyf version (Which I personally dont think is good right now tbh but anyway...).

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19413&d=323718&f=LE
    Hi mates, he is my friend and he was very lucky in that tournament.....
    So, the choice of Goyfs instead of Gurmag/3th TNN is because it gains a fast clock against combo/control/prison...It is good right now because of the increase of Red.
    In my opinion I prefer to play 3 TNN with Jitte or 2 Gurmag Angler with 5 discard spells...but this is a subjective choice.

PS: he played with 61 cards...another subjective choice. (in a control deck I play also 61 cards eheh).

This is my list right now:

BUG ‘ANGLER’ CONTROL

4 polluted delta
    4 verdant catacombs
    1 misty rainforest
    3 wasteland
    3 underground sea
    2 bayou
    2 tropical island
    1 island
    1 swamp

4 deathrite shaman
    3 baleful strix
    2 leovold, emissary of trest
    2 gurmag angler
    1 snapcaster mage

2 jace, the mind sculptor
    1 liliana, the last hope

4 force of will
    4 brainstorm
    3 ponder
    3 hymn to tourach
    2 thoughtseize
    3 abrupt decay
    2 fatal push
    1 dismember
    1 diabolic edict
    1 toxic deluge
    1 sylvan library

SIDEBOARD
    2 surgical extraction
    2 blue elemental blast
    2 flusterstorm
    1 engineered explosives
    1 grafdigger’s cage
    1 life from the loam
    1 toxic deluge
    1 golgari charm
    1 leovold, emissary of trest
    1 to the slaughter
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 pithing needle

And the previous list:

BUG ‘NEMESIS’ CONTROL

4 polluted delta
    4 verdant catacombs
    1 misty rainforest
    3 wasteland
    3 underground sea
    2 bayou
    2 tropical island
    1 island
    1 swamp

4 deathrite shaman
    4 baleful strix
    3 true-name nemesis
    2 leovold, emissary of trest
    1 snapcaster mage

2 jace, the mind sculptor
    1 liliana, the last hope

4 force of will
    4 brainstorm
    3 ponder
    4 hymn to tourach
    3 abrupt decay
    2 fatal push
    1 diabolic edict
    1 umezawa’s jitte
    1 sylvan library

SIDEBOARD
    2 surgical extraction
    2 blue elemental blast
    2 flusterstorm
    1 engineered explosives
    1 grafdigger’s cage
    1 life from the loam
    1 toxic deluge
    1 marsh casualties
    1 leovold, emissary of trest
    1 to the slaughter
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 pithing needle

There are some differences between them. I don't know if it is better TNN or Gurmag right now...but I think that TNN with Jitte can helps with some aggro-midrange decks...
    In addition...do u prefer the playset of Strix right now or only 3x-of?
    What do u think about that?
    B U G
    born by a broken condom. grown in a manger.
    twitter.com/toffino

Noble BUG version. Latest version has -2 daze, +2 hymn.

I had a nice 4-1 run in a smaller 27 player tournament in south Germany.

The matchups were:
    ANT (0:2)
    Nic Fit (2:1)
    Maverick (2:1)
    Czech Pile (2:0)
    Tezzerator (2:1)

This was my list:

Mainboard
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    3 Wasteland

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    3 True-Name Nemesis

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    4 Force of Will

3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Fatal Push
    1 Diabolic Edict

2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Thoughtseize

1 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Sideboard
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Marsh Casualties
    1 Diabolic Edict
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Hydroblast
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Life from the Loam

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by FlinkerMomonga View Post
    I had a nice 4-1 run in a smaller 27 player tournament in south Germany.

The matchups were:
    Nic Fit (2:1)

This was my list:

Mainboard
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    3 Wasteland

4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    3 True-Name Nemesis

4 Brainstorm
    3 Ponder
    4 Force of Will

3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Fatal Push
    1 Diabolic Edict

2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Thoughtseize

1 Umezawa's Jitte
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Sideboard
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Marsh Casualties
    1 Diabolic Edict
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Hydroblast
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Life from the Loam
    Ah there he is http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=19447&d=324135&f=LE

Glad that BUG Midrange top 8ed this event because I talked to Marius Hausmann the day before and he told me that he didnt like the deck right now even if I showed him strong results He prefered Moon Stompy which I call a "unconsistent piece of shit" and he went just 3:2, so

Your list is really close to mine right now execpt for -1 TNN -1 Jitte for +1 SCM +1 Lili in the MD and -1 Library in the SB for a 4th Wasteland but I´m not sure atm if this is better than your configuration. I have to test and play this list again. My last experiences with the deck are 6 month old...But I totally agree on 3 AD MD right now just because all of those Chalice decks and also B2B, Choke and Blood Moon around.

Have you lost the first Top 8 match or went the other four decks better than 4:1?

Have you any feedback for us to share?

Greetings Franz
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

Have you lost the first Top 8 match or went the other four decks better than 4:1?
    The other four decks just went better than me, we didn't play a Top 8

Have you any feedback for us to share?
    Overall, I have to say that I really like my list as it is right now. Before the tournament, I considered adding 2 Goyfs and cut 1 TNN and 1 Jitte.
    I did some testings on thursday and in every situation I drew them, Goyfs were extremely bad.

I tested 1 LTLH mainboard a few weeks ago but was never really happy with her.
    There were too many situations were there were no creatures in my graveyard to get back or kill anything with +1.
    In my opinion, she's a very good SB card for grindy matchups and of course Grixis Delver.
    I think running a Jitte in this slot gives us much more flexibility G1. An early Jitte can close out the game very fast and causes some surprising wins.

G1: Mulligan to 6 and no specific hate (I knew what he was playing but I was still too greedy)
    G2: Mulligan to 5 and no hate again. But I felt happy to see at least 2 lands. I relied too much on brainstorm which he discarded turn 1. My Baleful Strix didn't draw me anything and he started to storm.

Nic Fit (1:2)
    G1: Siege Rhino's trample made my TNN look like the worst card ever and killed me
    G2: I started with DRS which got exiled in his first turn. I wasted his Savannah, which was his only green source. From this point on, he was just way too slow and I had a lot of backups for whatever might have come.
    G3: He got greedy and attacked with 2 Explorers and 1 Siege Rhino. I blocked his board to death with a DRS, Strix and TNN. I knew that Dromoka was his last card in hand, which got immediately handled with Diabolic Edict. After that he was in topdeck mode and I killed him with DRS + TNN.

G1: A very close game in which he had lethal on board but didn't see it. I took my chance and let TNN do its work.
    G2: He was able to flood the board with a ton of creatures I wasn't able to handle.
    G3: I started again with a DRS. He fetched for a Savannah and played a Mother of Runes. Turn 2, I destroyed his Savannah with Wasteland and was lucky enough to hit his second land with a Hymn to Tourach. After that he was screwed and I just ran away with the game.

G1: A turn 3 TNN is pretty hard for Czech Pile to deal with. He didn't find his Deluge and TNN easily beat him down.
    G2: I played Czech Pile 3 months ago before I switched to BUG Control so I knew what one of the best ways to kill this deck is: get him off his red sources.
    Without red, he wasn't able to handle my jace which won me the second game with the ultimate.

G1: An early Strix + Jitte took me far ahead and a TNN + Jace to an almost empty board put the final nail in the coffin.
    G2: He started the game with a Leyline of the Void and was able to get his Helm of Obedience through two Transmute Artifact. Unfortunately, I just had one Force of Will.
    G3: This game was extremely grindy. The Abyss and Chalice of the Void on 1 prevented me from playing Leovold and TNN. Strix on both sides stalled the game and my Jace's Ultimate finally finished the game for me once again.

What do you guys think about this list that top 8'd a fairly large tournament yesterday? It looks like it utilizes Goyf well, but I'm not sure how I feel about losing TNN.

May 2016
    italy

Quote Originally Posted by battousai555 View Post
    What do you guys think about this list that top 8'd a fairly large tournament yesterday? It looks like it utilizes Goyf well, but I'm not sure how I feel about losing TNN.

Hi!
    I'm Fabio Aliprandi, the owner of this list.
    I decided to play this list because of the increase of Red Prison, Delver decks, Combo and others...I prefer to reduce casting cost (only 1 jace and playset of goyf) against aggro/fast decks.
    In every matchup GOYF was MVP. I've lost only 2 games(top8 against Mar and another 4c Control with decay)....Only in this game I would have liked to have TNN instead of Goyf.

So, in addition:
    - To the slaughter: It is too strong right now (against 4c I played this one against Jace and DRS in Swiss). 2 Edicts maindeck help me to not to play dismember maindeck (4 life can be too much)
    - Sylvan Library MD: I don't know the reason why all BUG players don't play this MD...It is one of the best cards ever printed.
    - Split 3 (llveil,llhope,jace): the trio of wonders. LLVEIL instead of 4th tourach, llhope against small creatures, jace as engine.
    - Tarmogoyf: Every time I played this one, I gave to my opponent a 3-turn clock. It is immense. In addition I can play Toxic Deluge maindeck with its.
    - SIDEBOARD: my change will be -1EE +1BBLOSSOM, against lands, bg depths, 4c control. The others are crucial.
    - NO SNAPCASTER MAGE: I think that this fantastic spell is too strong in 'RED' decks, not here. I prefered to cut it in order to have all responses maindeck (slaughter, deluge, pws etc.)

Swiss:
    white stax 2-0
    ur delver 2-1
    4c control 1-2
    burn 2-0
    eldrazi 2-1
    ant 2-1
    sneak&show I.D.

TOP8
    Mar Czech Pile 0-2 (maybe you willsee the feature match in a few days on youtube).

Do u want a small report? As soon as possible I'll do that.
    Last edited by toffee; 06-26-2018 at 08:59 AM.
    B U G
    born by a broken condom. grown in a manger.
    twitter.com/toffino

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post
    Hi!
    I'm Fabio Aliprandi, the owner of this list.
    I decided to play this list because of the increase of Red Prison, Delver decks, Combo and others...I prefer to reduce casting cost (only 1 jace and playset of goyf) against aggro/fast decks.
    In every matchup GOYF was MVP. I've lost only 2 games(top8 against Mar and another 4c Control with decay)....Only in this game I would have liked to have TNN instead of Goyf.

So, in addition:
    - To the slaughter: It is too strong right now (against 4c I played this one against Jace and DRS in Swiss). 2 Edicts maindeck help me to not to play dismember maindeck (4 life can be too much)
    - Sylvan Library MD: I don't know the reason why all BUG players don't play this MD...It is one of the best cards ever printed.
    - Split 3 (llveil,llhope,jace): the trio of wonders. LLVEIL instead of 4th tourach, llhope against small creatures, jace as engine.
    - Tarmogoyf: Every time I played this one, I gave to my opponent a 3-turn clock. It is immense. In addition I can play Toxic Deluge maindeck with its.
    - SIDEBOARD: my change will be -1EE +1BBLOSSOM, against lands, bg depths, 4c control. The others are crucial.
    - NO SNAPCASTER MAGE: I think that this fantastic spell is too strong in 'RED' decks, not here. I prefered to cut it in order to have all responses maindeck (slaughter, deluge, pws etc.)

Swiss:
    white stax 2-0
    ur delver 2-1
    4c control 1-2
    burn 2-1
    eldrazi 2-1
    ant 2-1
    sneak&show I.D.

TOP8
    Mar Czech Pile 0-2 (maybe you willsee the feature match in a few days on youtube).

Do u want a small report? As soon as possible I'll do that.
    To the Slaughter is amazing. Having a way to deal with a resolved Jace at instant-speed is just wonderful. Bitterblossom is a fucking house, and it also puts in work against Miracles.

I'd really appreciate a report! I'm particularly interested in how you sideboard. Looks like a fun list that I'm gonna have to take for a spin.

Thread Information