Page 76 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2666727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1599

Thread: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

Re: [Deck] Team America (Midrange/Control Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post
    Hi!
    I'm Fabio Aliprandi, the owner of this list.
    I decided to play this list because of the increase of Red Prison, Delver decks, Combo and others...I prefer to reduce casting cost (only 1 jace and playset of goyf) against aggro/fast decks.
    In every matchup GOYF was MVP. I've lost only 2 games(top8 against Mar and another 4c Control with decay)....Only in this game I would have liked to have TNN instead of Goyf.

So, in addition:
    - To the slaughter: It is too strong right now (against 4c I played this one against Jace and DRS in Swiss). 2 Edicts maindeck help me to not to play dismember maindeck (4 life can be too much)
    - Sylvan Library MD: I don't know the reason why all BUG players don't play this MD...It is one of the best cards ever printed.
    - Split 3 (llveil,llhope,jace): the trio of wonders. LLVEIL instead of 4th tourach, llhope against small creatures, jace as engine.
    - Tarmogoyf: Every time I played this one, I gave to my opponent a 3-turn clock. It is immense. In addition I can play Toxic Deluge maindeck with its.
    - SIDEBOARD: my change will be -1EE +1BBLOSSOM, against lands, bg depths, 4c control. The others are crucial.
    - NO SNAPCASTER MAGE: I think that this fantastic spell is too strong in 'RED' decks, not here. I prefered to cut it in order to have all responses maindeck (slaughter, deluge, pws etc.)

Swiss:
    white stax 2-0
    ur delver 2-1
    4c control 1-2
    burn 2-0
    eldrazi 2-1
    ant 2-1
    sneak&show I.D.

TOP8
    Mar Czech Pile 0-2 (maybe you willsee the feature match in a few days on youtube).

Do u want a small report? As soon as possible I'll do that.
    Hi,
    gratz on the great result, glad that a BUG made it to the top 8 bracket

I personally would say that the whole debate around Tarmogoyf vs TNN/SCM is all about the expected meta, nothing more nothing less. If your wanna get a litte bit more win percentage vs Burn, Chalice prison decks, UR Delver or any combo deck in general then Tarmogoyf is very fast and strong here just because he adds a super aggressive clock and is way bigger than anything on the other side of the table, especially with Jace and Strix in the MD.

If you expect more grindy/controlish decks and also more DnT and Elves for example than 2 TNN + 2 SCM are way better just because a stupid big vanilla dude sucks in matchups where your oponent can A) Stall it to death like DnT/Elves or B) Has tons of spotremoval for it...

Your personal MU´s on the event show this perfectly, nearly just good MU´s for Tarmogoyf execpt for your 2 Czech Pile MU´s which you of course lost.

I had to the Slaughter not on my list and I think it´s a interesting option in the SB to get rid of oposing PW´s...Two for one´ing your oponent and getting rid of a dude + PW is a big advantage especially because the deck cannot handle PW. Delirium should not be that difficult to activate, cc3 is a bit stupid but ok cant have it all I think.

Sylvan Library is of course a powerhouse but I personally have not find room for it in the past, so it had no place, sadly...

Greetings Franz
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

May 2016
    italy

Preface: I don’t speak english very well, so I apologize in advance eheheh

4 verdant catacombs
    4 polluted delta
    3 wasteland
    3 underground sea
    2 tropical island
    2 bayou
    1 island
    1 swamp

4 deathrite shaman
    4 baleful strix
    4 tarmogoyf
    2 leovold, emissary of trest

1 liliana of the veil
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 jace, the mind sculptor

4 force of will
    4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    3 hymn to tourach
    3 abrupt decay
    2 fatal push
    1 toxic deluge
    1 to the slaughter
    1 sylvan library

SIDEBOARD
    2 surgical extraction
    2 flusterstorm
    1 thoughtseize
    1 grafdigger’s cage
    1 pithing needle
    1 leovold, emissary of trest
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 engineered explosives
    1 golgari charm
    1 toxic deluge
    1 diabolic edict
    1 blue elemental blast
    1 life from the loam

T1: WHITE STAX 2-0 (1-0)
    G1: My opponent mulligans to 6 and he started with plains go. In my turn DRS e in his next turn Thalia, Heretic forced by me. The next 2 turn Hymn to tourach, Liliana of the veil and a Goyf brought home the match. I’ve never played against this archetype, so I didn’t know to side in/out very well. Win.

SIDEBOARD: +1 thoughtseize, +1 golgari charm, +1 toxic deluge, +1 diabolic edict, +1 pithing needle(karn,gideon maybe,stoneforge etc..) ||| -2 leovold, -1 llhope, -1 ponder, -1 strix

G2: I have seen 1 Tourach and 1 Seize, forcing Suppression Field and then 2 Goyf 6/7 brought home the match. I think that my opponent should have mulligan his hand. Win.

T2: UR DELVER 2-1 (2-0)
    G1: I start with DRS, my opponent with Volcanic-Monastery. The next turn wasteland + abrupt decay..the next turn his stormchaser was useless with my Strix and a Goyf gave 3-turn clock. Win.

SIDEBOARD: +2 flusterstorm, +1 blue elemental blast, +1 diabolic edict ||| -1 llhope, -1 jace, -1 deluge, -1 library

G2: Delver flip and flusterstorm on my fatal push, Daze on diabolic edict and 3 vapor snag on my baleful strix. Lost.
    G3: I start with DRS, Volcanic-Ponder my opponent. In my turn wasteland + tourach change the match…After that Abrupt decay on his Stormchaser and Goyf brought home the match. Win.

T3: 4C CONTROL 1-2 (2-1)
    G1: library on turn 2, tourach + push on his drs on turn 3, and then llhope. He conceded.

SIDEBOARD: +2 flusterstorm, +1 blue elemental blast, +1 thoughtseize, +1 llhope, +1 leovold, +1 golgari charm, +1 life from the loam ||| -4 Force of will, -2 Fatal Push, -1 Ponder, -1 Abrupt Decay

G2: a fantastic game. His jace and DRS were destroyed by To the slaughter, but from the top he topdecked 2 kolaghan’s command + 1 snapcaster mage……kcommand is too strong against us. Lose.
    G3: the best game. He managed to resolve 4 leovold (1 from llhope ability), 4 goyf with 2 toxic deluge to 7 (yes, he was at 7 life points – 2 fetches), 2 llhope, 1 llveil and my Jace. I’vee seen all, but he was very lucky to draw all answers…I’m dead at second additional turn with DRS ability, Bolt, Snapcaster + Bolt, DRS Ability. One of the best game i’ve ever played.

T4: BURN 2-0 (3-1)
    G1: I start with fetch go – open push (hand with 2 fetch, 1 push, 1 goyf, 1 tourach, 1 force, 1 strix), goblin guide trigger to land and push’em. In my turn tourach and the next turn goyf (with tourach discarded Chain and eidolon)……..Force on sulfuric vortex and GG…Goyf was immense.

SIDEBOARD: +2 flusterstorm, +1 blue elemental blast, +1 diabolic edict||| -1 llhope, -1 jace, -1 deluge, -1 library

G2: I drew very well: 2 tourach, 1 flusterstorm and 1 blue elemental blast, 1 sea, 1 fetch, 1 goyf….I think you understand the power of goyf, after this hand eheheheh

T5: ELDRAZI 2-1 (4-1)
    G1: He mulligans to 6 and in his 2 turn he played only chalice to 1. I started with DRS and Goyf. Turn 3 TKSeer was too little rather than my Goyf, but he exiled my LLVeil….After that I played another Goyf to kill him in 3 turns.

SIDEBOARD: +1 diabolic edict, +1 life from the loam, +1 pithing needle, +1 thoughtseize||| -1 llhope, -1 library, -2 leovold

G2: The best start for Eldrazi. Eye of Ugin – 2 Mimic. Tomb + Seer. Eldrazi Temple + Smasher. G3 FAST.
    G3: My hand was: 2 fetch, 1 waste, 1 drs, 1 loam, 1 strix, 1 force….I started with fetch + drs…in his turn mishra’s factory + dismember on drs…FORCE!!!!!!!!. In my turn wasteland + loam. CONCEDE!!!

T6: ANT 2-1 (5-1)
    G1: He started with Gitaxian Probe and he saw I didn’t have force….12 Goblin on turn 1 -.-….G2.

SIDEBOARD: +2 surgical extraction, +2 flusterstorm, +1 seize, +1 leovold, +1 golgari, +1 grafdigger ||| -1 llhope, -4 strix, -2 push, -1 to the slaughter

G2: I think started with a slow hand, because I made lands DRS + Leovold next turn (he played a lot of cantrips, but he could’nt draw)..after my tourach at 4th turn, in addition with Goyf he conceded.
    G3: The same with G2, but he decided to storm with Leovold onto the blattlefield…With his Tendrils I drew a lot of cards and I found flusterstorm….GG!!! Thanks Leovold.

T7: SNEAK & SHOW ID (5-1-1)

TOP 8 !!!!!
    CZECH PILE – Tomas Mar 0-2

I know this guy and I tell u he is a very strong player, in addition humble and friendly. I don’t want to report this match, because in the next days “Ovinotournament” will upload feature matches on Youtube. A preface: Tomas he apologized for his 2 kolaghan command’s from the top with 0 card in hand eheheheh (G1). G2 lost with 3 lands……So, At the end of the match Tomas told me that his deck was sit very well against control decks.

Questions:
    - Surgical extraction SIDE-IN against 4c/Czech Pile ? I’m scared about drawback.
    - Tell me different sideboard options and comments, please!
    B U G
    born by a broken condom. grown in a manger.
    twitter.com/toffino

May 2016
    italy

My choices to play TNN/GOYF are these:

or

4 goyf + 1 deluge

or

3 tnn + 1 jitte + 1 push/dismember

The rest of the decks is too crucial right now (Slaughter/Edict, 2Jace/1 veil etc...). In my opinion, obviusly.
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

Ok guys the DRS ban hit us hard

I don't really know what is going to await us but here is my first approach (see post #1495 for my old list):

- 4 Deathrite Shaman
    - 1 Snapcaster Mage

+3 Tarmogoyf
    +1 Thoughtseize
    +1 Ponder

So that would be my first list:

//Lands
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    3 Wasteland

//Creatures
    4 Baleful Strix
    3 Tarmogoyf
    3 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest

//Instant
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Fatal Push
    1 Diabolic Edict
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will

//Sorcery
    4 Ponder
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Thoughtseize

//Planeswalker
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

//Artifact
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

//Sideboard
    1 Diabolic Edict
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Hydroblast
    2 Marsh Casualties
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Hymn to Tourach

What I'd really like to see in this deck are:
    1) 1-2 Liliana of the Veil
    2) The fourth Wasteland
    3) A third Hymn to Tourach

What are your thoughts on the future of this deck?

Nov 2017
    Shanghai, China

Quote Originally Posted by FlinkerMomonga View Post
    Ok guys the DRS ban hit us hard

I don't really know what is going to await us but here is my first approach (see post #1495 for my old list):

- 4 Deathrite Shaman
    - 1 Snapcaster Mage

+3 Tarmogoyf
    +1 Thoughtseize
    +1 Ponder

So that would be my first list:

//Lands
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    1 Island
    3 Wasteland

//Creatures
    4 Baleful Strix
    3 Tarmogoyf
    3 True-Name Nemesis

//Instant
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Fatal Push
    1 Diabolic Edict
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will

//Sorcery
    4 Ponder
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    3 Thoughtseize

//Planeswalker

//Artifact
    1 Umezawa's Jitte

//Sideboard
    1 Diabolic Edict
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Hydroblast
    2 Marsh Casualties
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Hymn to Tourach

What I'd really like to see in this deck are:
    1) 1-2 Liliana of the Veil
    2) The fourth Wasteland
    3) A third Hymn to Tourach

What are your thoughts on the future of this deck?
    My only concern is, without the 1cc acceleration, will it be too slow to expand this deck?

Quote Originally Posted by ReinhardtGao View Post
    My only concern is, without the 1cc acceleration, will it be too slow to expand this deck?
    That's my concern too. I goldfished my list yesterday and it was very clunky.
    Maybe we can also play a discard split of 2-2-2 IoK/TS/Hymn to get a better curve.

Is Noble Hierarch an option for us at all? Really grasping here.

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

This is what I am testing at the moment:

Creatures: (12)
    4x Baleful Strix
    2x Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    2x Snapcaster Mage
    2x Tarmogoyf
    2x True-Name Nemesis

Instants: (14)
    3x Abrupt Decay
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Fatal Push
    4x Force of Will

Lands: (23)
    2x Bayou
    1x Creeping Tar Pit
    1x Island
    3x Misty Rainforest
    4x Polluted Delta
    1x Swamp
    2x Tropical Island
    3x Underground Sea
    3x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland

Planeswalkers: (3)
    2x Jace, the Mind-Sculptor
    1x Liliana, the Last Hope

Sorceries: (8)
    2x Inquisition of Kozilek
    3x Ponder
    3x Thoughtseize

No Sideboard ATM

The list feels kinda good. I tested against RUG Delver, Esper Stoneblade, Miracles, Reanimator, Eldrazi and Show and Tell. Its definitely just a starting point for me. I looked back to 2014 and found some lists similar to this one. The deck is slower ofc, but the whole Meta will be slowing down I assume, so it feels okayish. I'm debating about a lot of slots at the moment. For example:

- How much Discard do we want? I feel like Hymn is too slow without DRS (you gain against SnT and Reanimator and lose to RUG and Eldrazi). Is IoK still playable? During testing, 5 CMC1 discard spells felt great. There were times against Eldrazi where IoK was not able to grab anything though. I might test going up to 6 CMC1 discard spells.

- How many planeswalkers do we want? The old lists from 2014 were quite heavy on them (mostly 6 planeswalker - 3 Jace, 3 Lilly). During testing I found that 6 felt too much and too clunky. But who knows, when the meta is right it might be possible to shave on cantrips and creatures and incorporate more PWs.

- What creatures do we want? I like to spread my creatures to mitigate the hate, just like the player who won the Dutch Legacy Open. 4 Baleful Strix felt good, especially against RUG and Eldrazi. 2 Snappys felt good aswell. I didn't miss DRS too much with this build.

What do you guys think?

This is what I am testing at the moment:

Creatures: (12)
    4x Baleful Strix
    2x Snapcaster Mage
    2x Tarmogoyf
    2x True-Name Nemesis

Instants: (14)
    3x Abrupt Decay
    4x Brainstorm
    3x Fatal Push
    4x Force of Will

Lands: (23)
    2x Bayou
    1x Creeping Tar Pit
    1x Island
    3x Misty Rainforest
    4x Polluted Delta
    1x Swamp
    2x Tropical Island
    3x Underground Sea
    3x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland

Sorceries: (8)
    2x Inquisition of Kozilek
    3x Ponder
    3x Thoughtseize

No Sideboard ATM
    What's your experience with Creeping Tar Pit?
    I've never played a manland before in a BUG build so I'm kinda unexperienced with that

The list feels kinda good. I tested against RUG Delver, Esper Stoneblade, Miracles, Reanimator, Eldrazi and Show and Tell. Its definitely just a starting point for me. I looked back to 2014 and found some lists similar to this one. The deck is slower ofc, but the whole Meta will be slowing down I assume, so it feels okayish.
    What's your first experience with opposing Wastelands / Stifles?
    My list that I posted above was too clunky and had massive problems against Wastelands.

- How much Discard do we want? I feel like Hymn is too slow without DRS (you gain against SnT and Reanimator and lose to RUG and Eldrazi). Is IoK still playable? During testing, 5 CMC1 discard spells felt great. There were times against Eldrazi where IoK was not able to grab anything though. I might test going up to 6 CMC1 discard spells.
    I agree on you with Hymn. I think what we really need now is a solid curve and we can get that through CMC1 discard spells.
    I guess we have to wait and test what the best configuration will be. But I can imagine a 3-3 split with IoK and TS.

- How many planeswalkers do we want? The old lists from 2014 were quite heavy on them (mostly 6 planeswalker - 3 Jace, 3 Lilly). During testing I found that 6 felt too much and too clunky. But who knows, when the meta is right it might be possible to shave on cantrips and creatures and incorporate more PWs.
    I think 3-4 will be the numbers to run but 6 are too much for my taste.
    Have you considered LOTV instead of LTLH?

- What creatures do we want? I like to spread my creatures to mitigate the hate, just like the player who won the Dutch Legacy Open. 4 Baleful Strix felt good, especially against RUG and Eldrazi. 2 Snappys felt good aswell. I didn't miss DRS too much with this build.
    I like the idea of spreading the creatures.
    What's your opinion on Jitte? Now that DnT will rise again, I think it would fit even better in the deck than before.

Quote Originally Posted by whocansay View Post
    Is Noble Hierarch an option for us at all? Really grasping here.
    I think you're playing BANT at that point, I'd look to Green Sun's Zenith first since you get a combination of acceleration, threats and utility.

May 2016
    italy

After ban, I think I'll test this deck, (from my deck which made top8, http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=27885&iddeck=225455)

4 verdant catacombs
    4 polluted delta
    3 wasteland
    3 underground sea
    2 tropical island
    2 bayou
    1 island
    1 swamp
    1 forest

4 baleful strix
    4 tarmogoyf

1 liliana of the veil
    1 liliana, the last hope

4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 force of will
    3 thoughtseize
    2 hymn to tourach
    3 fatal push
    3 abrupt decay
    1 sylvan library
    1 to the slaughter
    1 toxic deluge

SIDEBOARD
    2 surgical extraction
    1 grafdigger's cage
    1 nihil spellbomb
    2 flusterstorm
    1 blue elemental blast
    1 diabolic edict
    1 toxic deluge
    1 golgari charm
    1 pithing needle
    1 life from the loam
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 garruk relentless / scavenging ooze

What do u think about this idea?
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by toffee View Post
    After ban, I think I'll test this deck, (from my deck which made top8, http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=27885&iddeck=225455)

4 verdant catacombs
    4 polluted delta
    3 wasteland
    3 underground sea
    2 tropical island
    2 bayou
    1 island
    1 swamp
    1 forest

4 baleful strix
    4 tarmogoyf

1 liliana of the veil
    1 liliana, the last hope

4 ponder
    4 brainstorm
    4 force of will
    3 thoughtseize
    2 hymn to tourach
    3 fatal push
    3 abrupt decay
    1 sylvan library
    1 to the slaughter
    1 toxic deluge

SIDEBOARD
    2 surgical extraction
    1 grafdigger's cage
    1 nihil spellbomb
    2 flusterstorm
    1 blue elemental blast
    1 diabolic edict
    1 toxic deluge
    1 golgari charm
    1 pithing needle
    1 life from the loam
    1 liliana, the last hope
    1 garruk relentless / scavenging ooze

What do u think about this idea?
    Your list looks interesting. From my limited testing I can say, that 21 lands is definitely not enough. I would say minimum 22, better 23 (if you want to play Wasteland, that is). What I really like about your list is the incorporation of 1x Toxic Deluge MD. I think we need to take precautions against Death n Taxes. This deck is pretty strong right now and not a good matchup for us. Therefor I like 4x Goyf in your list. Goyf will be everywhere again and I calculate with Fatal Push being everywhere in the next weeks also. So we might want to bring in Delve creatures like Tombstalker and Gurmag Angler to combat that. I would also suggest to go 4x Fatal Push and 2x Decay just to curve out better.

As I wrote above, I'm not a fan of Hymn anymore. In a Tempo-Style build it might still shine. For us it's too random I fear. Nothing worse than tapping out turn 2 for Hymn, hitting low-impact cards and then losing the board to whatever our opponent has left. Therefore I propose going back to 5-6 CMC1 discard spells (also better for our curve)

I like the idea of To The Slaughter. We definitely neet to find ways to answer opposing Jaces or opposing delve creatures.

In the end we have to look how the meta shapes up and then change accordingly.

Edit: Regarding your questions FlinkerMomonga, I didn't have to many problems against Stifle/Wasteland. Playing 23 lands helps alot. We might want more basics tho. The manland felt good. In my first iteration I played even 2 Tar Pits. Coming into play tapped is boo, but it really helps against miracles and other planeswalker decks. I think miracles will be a really strong contender in the next days, so I feel like preparing for that. Regarding Lilianas: I feel like I don't want more than 1 LTLH. But one feels great, it helps against miracles and DNT. LOTV on the other hand is also great against miracles and helps against RUG Delver but is weaker to DNT. If I would be running more planeswalker I could see myself going 2x Jace, 1x LOTV and 1x LTLH. Regarding Jitte: With how many creatures we play, Jitte might be quite good. I could totally see a one-of in the maindeck.

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    Edit: Regarding your questions FlinkerMomonga, I didn't have to many problems against Stifle/Wasteland. Playing 23 lands helps alot. We might want more basics tho. The manland felt good. In my first iteration I played even 2 Tar Pits. Coming into play tapped is boo, but it really helps against miracles and other planeswalker decks. I think miracles will be a really strong contender in the next days, so I feel like preparing for that. Regarding Lilianas: I feel like I don't want more than 1 LTLH. But one feels great, it helps against miracles and DNT. LOTV on the other hand is also great against miracles and helps against RUG Delver but is weaker to DNT. If I would be running more planeswalker I could see myself going 2x Jace, 1x LOTV and 1x LTLH. Regarding Jitte: With how many creatures we play, Jitte might be quite good. I could totally see a one-of in the maindeck.
    Thanks for your answers.
    I will try your list with the following changes:

-1 Creeping Tar Pit
    -1 Liliana, the Last Hope

+1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    +1 Umezawa's Jitte

The Sideboard is currently just a pure estimation but this will be my first attempt for an unknown meta:

3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Life from the Loam
    2 Hydroblast
    2 Marsh Casualties
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

May 2016
    italy

Quote Originally Posted by JanoschEausH View Post
    Your list looks interesting. From my limited testing I can say, that 21 lands is definitely not enough. I would say minimum 22, better 23 (if you want to play Wasteland, that is). What I really like about your list is the incorporation of 1x Toxic Deluge MD. I think we need to take precautions against Death n Taxes. This deck is pretty strong right now and not a good matchup for us. Therefor I like 4x Goyf in your list. Goyf will be everywhere again and I calculate with Fatal Push being everywhere in the next weeks also. So we might want to bring in Delve creatures like Tombstalker and Gurmag Angler to combat that. I would also suggest to go 4x Fatal Push and 2x Decay just to curve out better.

As I wrote above, I'm not a fan of Hymn anymore. In a Tempo-Style build it might still shine. For us it's too random I fear. Nothing worse than tapping out turn 2 for Hymn, hitting low-impact cards and then losing the board to whatever our opponent has left. Therefore I propose going back to 5-6 CMC1 discard spells (also better for our curve)

I like the idea of To The Slaughter. We definitely neet to find ways to answer opposing Jaces or opposing delve creatures.

In the end we have to look how the meta shapes up and then change accordingly.

22 lands might be right in my build.
    About discard spells, I think tourach is still too strong not to be played. 2x is right because of on-the-draw is less strong.
    3x push and 3x decay are obligatory.
    I think that a lot of players may play leyline of the void, so I think to not to play Angler/Stalker now...I don't know what decks will be in the next tournaments..
    And then...I would like to play 2 jace, 1 lotv and 1ltlh...but I can't find a slot for the 2nd Jace in my build....Any thoughts? I prefer to reduce casting cost for DT and RUG...

PS: In my opinion, I think that GRIXIS control is better than BUG right now.
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

Hey guys, new to the thread! Long time a Jund player, just recently moved to BUG because tired of horrible combo matchups. I was reflecting on what to play after drs got banned (begone dear friend) and in researching old metagame decklists I stumbled upon one that caught my attention.

Marco Cammilluzzi playing BUG Control Position: 1
    Deck Name: BUG Control Sideboard
    Creatures [4]
    1 Vendilion Clique
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    Instants [15]
    1 Counterspell
    1 Dismember
    2 Ghastly Demise
    3 Spell Snare
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    Sorceries [10]
    1 Duress
    1 Life from the Loam
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Thoughtseize
    3 Innocent Blood
    Enchantments [2]
    2 Pernicious Deed
    Planeswalkers [7]
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    4 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    Lands [22]
    1 Flooded Strand
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Bayou
    4 Misty Rainforest
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Wasteland

Sideboard
    1 Hymn to Tourach
    1 Perish
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Extirpate
    1 Surgical Extraction
    3 Tarmogoyf
    3 Spell Pierce
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 ?

This decklist was around during TopMiracles and NO/PRO-bant, BR reanimator, UW stoneblade and both jeskai and rug delver. Overtime BUG colors have gained good cards such decay, leovold, fatal push, liliana the last hope, toxic deluge and baleful strix, aswell as true-name nemesis.
    This is the decklist I've come up to during this last week of testing, mainly versus canadian threshold, br reanimator, miracles.
    The 75 keep in mind a metagame composed by Reanimator, Dredge, Death and Taxes, Canadian, BUG Threshold (?), Dragon Stompy, Miracles and UWx Stoneblade, but there are many cards I would like to add: to the slaughter is the last one, which I thank Toffee for.
    Creatures [10]
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Vendilion Clique
    3 Tarmogoyf
    Instants [16]
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Fatal Push
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    Sorceries [8]
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Ponder
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Inquisition of Kozilek
    Enchantments [1]
    1 Sylvan Library
    Planeswalkers [2]
    1 Jace, The Mind Sculptor
    1 Liliana of the Veil
    Lands [23]
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Misty Rainforest
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    4 Wasteland
    1 Swamp
    1 Island

Sideboard
    1 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Nihil Spellbomb
    3 Dark Confidant
    2 Flusterstorm
    1 Life from the loam
    1 Liliana, The Last Hope
    1 Pernicious Deed
    1 Diabolic Edict

One of the options I've thought of is to go full control mode maindeck, moving tarmogoyfs in the side and thus cutting confidants, adding some number of counterspells, a 2nd jace or liliana of the veil.
    I can't see hymn to tourach working as it should be (sadly), don't like baleful strix in some of the matchups stated above (it shines against canadian, mediocre against reanimator and uwx stoneblade, poor vs dnt dredge and dragon stompy).
    What are your thoughts on the decklist? What would you change?
    I hope this may help brewing something better than I can figure out on my own.

I think noble hierarchs might be necessary. Without playing hymns they might be the acceleration needed to face RUG Delver and Reanimator. There is still enough card advantage left to win grindy games. im going to try this list at my fnm:

Artifacts: (2)
    1x Nihil Spellbomb
    1x Engineered Explosives

Creatures: (13)
    4x Noble Hierarch
    3x Baleful Strix
    2x Snapcaster Mage
    1x True-Name Nemesis
    1x Scavenging Ooze

Instants: (16)
    1x Spell Pierce
    1x Counterspell
    1x Diabolic Edict
    2x Abrupt Decay
    3x Fatal Push
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Force of Will

Lands: (21)
    2x Bayou
    1x Island
    4x Misty Rainforest
    4x Polluted Delta
    1x Swamp
    2x Tropical Island
    3x Underground Sea
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland

Sorceries: (5)
    3x Ponder
    2x Thoughtseize

Storm Trooper
    Jun 2012
    Bremen, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by tobyha View Post
    I think noble hierarchs might be necessary. Without playing hymns they might be the acceleration needed to face RUG Delver and Reanimator. There is still enough card advantage left to win grindy games. im going to try this list at my fnm:

Artifacts: (2)
    1x Nihil Spellbomb
    1x Engineered Explosives

Creatures: (13)
    4x Noble Hierarch
    3x Baleful Strix
    2x Snapcaster Mage
    1x True-Name Nemesis
    1x Scavenging Ooze

Instants: (16)
    1x Spell Pierce
    1x Counterspell
    1x Diabolic Edict
    2x Abrupt Decay
    3x Fatal Push
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Force of Will

Lands: (21)
    2x Bayou
    1x Island
    4x Misty Rainforest
    4x Polluted Delta
    1x Swamp
    2x Tropical Island
    3x Underground Sea
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    3x Wasteland

Sorceries: (5)
    3x Ponder
    2x Thoughtseize
    Your list looks definitely sweet, please report how your games went!

3-1 with that list

won against burn 2-1, 2 games after sideboarding (2 fluster storms, 1 blue elemental blast)

2-0 against nic fit (was able to grind him out, true-name + leovold + jace did their thing and showed me, that this deck has a good midrange potential, even with the mana dorks)

2-0 against dredge (was lucky to hit my one of scavenging ooze on a mulligan + the acceleration of noble hierarch, after sideboarding i had 5 hate cards in my deck and it got a lot easier)

1-2 vs dnt , ( i made a terrible play at the start of game 3, played an ooze vs a vial on 1, with a push in my hand... he vialed in a mother of runes and i couldnt keep up - should have been a close game...)

other decks at the fnm: rug delver, stoneblade, 2nd dnt, maverick, 2nd nic fit

i really liked the ooze and with an expected reanimator and snapcaster meta i can even see me play 2.
    the acceleration of the noble hierarch saved my ass 2-3 times.

Do you guys think we can still afford 3 Wastelands and don't run any mana acceleration?

I thought about cutting the Wastelands for Underground Sea #4 and maybe Bayou #2.
    The third Wasteland would be replaced by either a 2nd Diabolic Edict or an additional beater like Tarmogoyf mainboard.

This would be a more Grixis Control stylish way for the deck.
    The list would for example look like this:

Land [20]
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    1 Island

Creature [12]
    4 Baleful Strix
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Tarmogoyf
    2 Gurmag Angler

Instant [17]
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Fatal Push
    1 Diabolic Edict

Sorcery [8]
    4 Ponder
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Thoughtseize

Planeswalker [3]
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

Sideboard [15]
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Diabolic Edict
    3 Flusterstorm
    2 Hydroblast
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Thoughtseize

May 2016
    italy

Quote Originally Posted by FlinkerMomonga View Post
    Do you guys think we can still afford 3 Wastelands and don't run any mana acceleration?

I thought about cutting the Wastelands for Underground Sea #4 and maybe Bayou #2.
    The third Wasteland would be replaced by either a 2nd Diabolic Edict or an additional beater like Tarmogoyf mainboard.

This would be a more Grixis Control stylish way for the deck.
    The list would for example look like this:

Land [20]
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    4 Underground Sea
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Bayou
    1 Swamp
    1 Island

Creature [12]
    4 Baleful Strix
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Tarmogoyf
    2 Gurmag Angler

Instant [17]
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Fatal Push
    1 Diabolic Edict

Sorcery [8]
    4 Ponder
    2 Hymn to Tourach
    2 Thoughtseize

Planeswalker [3]
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

Sideboard [15]
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Diabolic Edict
    3 Flusterstorm
    2 Hydroblast
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Thoughtseize
    In my opinion, Wastelands/Goyf/Decay/Library are the reasons to play BUG instead of Grixis. If someone miss on main/side, I think it should be better to play Grixis (pyro,bolt,kcommand,power of snapcaster).
    In BUG shell I think 1-2 snapcaster mage are right. I think 3-of is too-much, because there aren't so much strong spells rather than grixis.
    Wasteland is really strong right now, without DRS. Why not play them?!
    In addition, I think that, after ban, basic forest should be a must-have in this archetype.
    B U G
    twitter.com/toffino

Thread Information