Page 149 of 217 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4327

Thread: [Deck] Dredge

Re: [Deck] Dredge

Quote Originally Posted by slave View Post
    Hi guys,
    I have a question RE: chat over the last few pages.

I have a fairly typical LED-Dredge list, but my local is pretty hateful. Sure every deck runs gravehate, but it's the style of hate I see.
    Game2 and 3 tend to be very difficult, as cards like RiP, Grafdiggers & Leyline are quite common.
    I'm a dredge fanboy, so I might be to blame for that in some small part.

Anyways, seeing as the hate I see is typically a complete shutdown with a very tough (or impossible) way to play through it, is Tireless Tribe perhaps a better choice?
    I too, find that LED is usually a card I side out.
    > Could Tribe be a more flexible choice postboard, giving the deck a better game 2 and 3?
    I would start off by saying no, can i ask what decks your playing against and what your sideboard looks like ?

Yes the maindeck meta has improved. I've recently found my sideboard is just anti hate. I can keep up with most of the quick Aggro just with ichorids and bridges. Mud and miracles have. Dry reliable sb strategies. We're on the same clock as other combo decks. I've had a few turn one wins. Only possible LED and breakthrough in my opening hand. 3 red floating and dredge into looting. Makes me so happy.
    I've play testing unmask to increase turn one hand disruption. Ive been playing some belcher and oops for more combo fun. Waiting to respond to whatever hate we'll see is too slow. As a combo pilot, our main job in games 2-3 firstly to make sure the "coast is clear" before attempting to DR in our win condition. Sideboard anti hate now looks like
    -4 led +3-4 unmask
    -3 breakthrough + 3-4 natures claim

Lotv is great to just shut down goyfs and reanimators and mirror matches.
    Just sticking to the required hate seems to allow me to get hilarious wins with moeba and putrid hits. Proper disruption "cripples them aswell. Even thoughtseize or surgical as mentioned are great!
    So tough to get past a well timed gravehate.

would petrified field be a compliment to dredge? thinking so many countered spells and so many wins with uncounterable triggers and effects, i figured it would dig up coliseum for uninterrupted dredging.

Quote Originally Posted by ottofromorbit View Post
    would petrified field be a compliment to dredge? thinking so many countered spells and so many wins with uncounterable triggers and effects, i figured it would dig up coliseum for uninterrupted dredging.
    We ran it back in Vintage when the deck was first ported from extended so that Bazaar could tap for mana.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    The fairly obvious flaw in your reasoning is that Dark Ritual and Wild Cantor do produce mana. Pretending they don't won't change the function of the cards.

Drew Levin recently wrote an article on how to build dredge and dredge master Richard Feldman chimed in with some interesting comments.

Take a look:
    http://www.starcitygames.com/article...ld-Dredge.html

Sep 2013
    Brasil

Pretty good article!

replacing careful study with street wraith can be a thing!
    I have nothing to do this week (got hurt in my last fight, so no training for me this week) so I will hit my local store and start playtesting!

Honestly not impressed with the article at all. One suggesting cutting careful study at all is just a bad idea in general... Even more so his logic that careful study is bad when theirs a field full of shamans. Careful study allows u to bin two dredgers to get around shaman. Plus allows u to keep hands where ur only land is cephalid colosseum. Honestly the articles a joke, results of people playing dredge in event are a better take on the archetype then drew levin trying to reinvent the wheel by suggesting running a full four street wraiths that don't allow you to discard a dredger.

Quote Originally Posted by raikenxy View Post
    Honestly not impressed with the article at all. One suggesting cutting careful study at all is just a bad idea in general... Even more so his logic that careful study is bad when theirs a field full of shamans. Careful study allows u to bin two dredgers to get around shaman. Plus allows u to keep hands where ur only land is cephalid colosseum. Honestly the articles a joke, results of people playing dredge in event are a better take on the archetype then drew levin trying to reinvent the wheel by suggesting running a full four street wraiths that don't allow you to discard a dredger.
    I do actually have to +1 ...some of that.

like if you were going to cut anything for street wraith, breakthrough would be so much better as it's also a card that relies heavily on dredgers already being in the yard. street wraith and breakthrough occupy the same role in accelerating past deathrite shaman. But like.... no careful study and ur only cantrip being faithless looting which only 8 lands in ur library can produce mana for... that math honestly doesn't add up at all.

May 2011
    Louisiana

like if you were going to cut anything for street wraith, breakthrough would be so much better as it's also a card that relies heavily on dredgers already being in the yard. street wraith and breakthrough occupy the same role in accelerating past deathrite shaman. But like.... no careful study and ur only cantrip being faithless looting which only 8 lands in ur library can produce mana for... that math honestly doesn't add up at all.
    A hand with Street Wraith+Careful Study would be better than a hand with Street Wraith+Breakthrough.

One interesting thing that Drew did point out in his article is that zero mana is better than one in dredge. I have been considering using Gitaxian Probe rather than Street Wraith though. It doesn't sneak up on Deathrite Shaman, but may cause enough of a burst of speed on turn one to ignore DRS. Free info is so sweet especially with Cabal Therapy.

Also, I don't think Nether Shadows should be in the sideboard right now as Surgical Extraction is not very played at the moment, and I think dredge should do something else games 2/3, not diluting the deck to add more threats.

Sep 2013
    Brasil

I was testing street wraith in MWS, I liked him, especially because I'm also using unmask in my SB, but anyway, I don't think that he is any better than careful study, he has some strong points going for him, but I liked the cantrip/outlet of careful study more.

He's definitely viable tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Teppes View Post
    I was testing street wraith in MWS, I liked him, especially because I'm also using unmask in my SB, but anyway, I don't think that he is any better than careful study, he has some strong points going for him, but I liked the cantrip/outlet of careful study more.

He's definitely viable tough.
    def not saying wraith isn't viable. I personally run two in my main... and he has been fantastic as a two of. I cut the 4th imp and 3rd breakthrough for him as he only really shines against fair decks and DS decks. But i still run 4 study's and 3 lootings. honestly just dont think levins article is that good.

I don't like Street Wraith as anything other than a SB card, I'd rather address that problem directly with Firestorm or race it with LED.

Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    A hand with Street Wraith+Careful Study would be better than a hand with Street Wraith+Breakthrough.

One interesting thing that Drew did point out in his article is that zero mana is better than one in dredge. I have been considering using Gitaxian Probe rather than Street Wraith though. It doesn't sneak up on Deathrite Shaman, but may cause enough of a burst of speed on turn one to ignore DRS. Free info is so sweet especially with Cabal Therapy.

Also, I don't think Nether Shadows should be in the sideboard right now as Surgical Extraction is not very played at the moment, and I think dredge should do something else games 2/3, not diluting the deck to add more threats.
    I enjoyed the read.
    I realize we've turned away from deep analysis, but I do miss it.

Great article about why Quadlazer is a consistent beast. What it lacks though is how explosive Dread Return dredge can be and just destroy game 1.

In saying that, with how much blue is in the format, maybe Quadlazer is the better dredge deck right now.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Jan 2012
    Dallas, TX

I haven't had any good experiences with Dread Return lately, is anyone casting that card these days?
    If I want to be DR-ing anything it would be either Terastodon (Lands variants, 12Post), Blazing Archon (possible alternative solution to Marit Lage?), or Ashen Rider. Any narrow but powerful targets dredge has options to?

So far, having DR has had minimal effects to my games, I'm really considering just cutting it and just playing more sideboard cards.

If anyone has tips against Miracles (card choices, approach to the game) that would be greatly appreciated.
    I also do not have any Reanimator experience. I know that the MU is bad, but can someone explain the details of the match up?

Quote Originally Posted by kingofethanol View Post
    I haven't had any good experiences with Dread Return lately, is anyone casting that card these days?
    If I want to be DR-ing anything it would be either Terastodon (Lands variants, 12Post), Blazing Archon (possible alternative solution to Marit Lage?), or Ashen Rider. Any narrow but powerful targets dredge has options to?

So far, having DR has had minimal effects to my games, I'm really considering just cutting it and just playing more sideboard cards.

If anyone has tips against Miracles (card choices, approach to the game) that would be greatly appreciated.
    I also do not have any Reanimator experience. I know that the MU is bad, but can someone explain the details of the match up?
    Elesh Norn is a bomb against many of the 'fair' decks in the format
    Iona is baller against combo decks.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    Elesh Norn is a bomb against many of the 'fair' decks in the format
    Iona is baller against combo decks.
    I have not DR in the main for some time. Currently 1 main (with no targets) and 1 side, with Iona, and Elesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Technics View Post
    I have not DR in the main for some time. Currently 1 main (with no targets) and 1 side, with Iona, and Elesh.
    DR Targets in the main clutter up the deck for consistency's sake for sure. I can understand why people will risk the consistency for the explosive potential of either Griselbrand or Flayer of the Hatebound but can also understand why people don't want to run DR targets either.I run Flayer of the Hatebound mainboard for fun more than anything else. I love flaying someone to death. I'd rather have a slightly less consistent deck that is more fun to play.
    - Albert Einstein

I'm playing Quad Laser.

What's the consensus on Ancient Grudge versus Ingot Chewer?

Ingot Chewer costs 1 less, but I have to have it in hand. However, it does trigger Bridge.

Thread Information