Page 157 of 217 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167207 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 4327

Thread: [Deck] Dredge

Re: [Deck] Dredge

Ya guys, same old debate. Personally I love the LEDs in the dredge. I started out ledless and would never go back. Just get a set now before they get even more pricey. If you're reading this you're a combo player. They're staples in TES ANT Belcher, all spells... You'll be playing with them forever!
    So T1 combo out to win you'll prolly need LED, Breakthrough, dredger (imp/troll preferred) in hand at very least. Then pray that our opponent doesn't interrupt with a counter. You need to call red off the "led crack" then hit, 1 DR, FKZ at least 2 Bridges and god help you, Looting. I'm a gambling man so I go all inand call bluff when ever I can. I've pulled it off many times where I chained into looting and win. Its playing odds..I always hope that DR resolves I rip their hand apart with therapies and finish with zombie horde. Can't be done without LEDs.
    The other way to secure a win is a heavy disruption hand turns 1-2.
    Quadlazer consistency will win you G1. With the meta now I've been trying the streetwraith/unmask board list.
    It stops other combo and pretty much every thing else. If we wreck their kept hand early enough we can coast to the win not worrying about them going off before us. Doing this off a mull to 6-5 cards is dissapointing. This deck is fragile but ive read somewhere "luck is a byproduct of design and practice is the mother of skill. Combined this makes dredge win.
    Keep posting reports and ideas fellas! I study the game but may not have the "experience" with certain archetypes. Please share.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

A LED dredge player is on the SCG stream. It seems that he does not know he can crack his coliseum in response to ichorid's trigger on the stack.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    A LED dredge player is on the SCG stream. It seems that he does not know he can crack his coliseum in response to ichorid's trigger on the stack.
    There were several misplays. He should have beaten the Esper-Deathblade-Guy with ease. Therapy is your best friend and should be used with a little bit of thinking. Maybe he undervalued an opposing Brainstorm and overvalued a True-Name Nemesis ^^

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    huh?
    so pass turn ,,untap, crack coliseum and dredge a shit ton of cards, then upkeep the ichorid triggers, then dredge again for draw .......
    this guy missed this?... dayum. learning to sneak in triggers within the untap phase is tricky when under pressure
    I've tapped opponents mana with Mana helix on their untap steps before. this was infuriating for the opponent. played elves with thermokharst and winters grasp.. id win with overrun...very long time ago but fun.

May 2011
    Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by ottofromorbit View Post
    huh?
    so pass turn ,,untap, crack coliseum and dredge a shit ton of cards, then upkeep the ichorid triggers, then dredge again for draw .......
    this guy missed this?... dayum. learning to sneak in triggers within the untap phase is tricky when under pressure
    I've tapped opponents mana with Mana helix on their untap steps before. this was infuriating for the opponent. played elves with thermokharst and winters grasp.. id win with overrun...very long time ago but fun.
    Ichorid trigger(s) go the stack even with no other black creatures in graveyard. You can crack Coliseum while Ichorid has trigger(s) on stack, dredge bunches then remove whatever creature(s) you want( even if they weren't there at beginning of turn) and have Ichorid come into play. Ichorid triggers go on the stack right after you untap.

Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    Ichorid trigger(s) go the stack even with no other black creatures in graveyard. You can crack Coliseum while Ichorid has trigger(s) on stack, dredge bunches then remove whatever creature(s) you want( even if they weren't there at beginning of turn) and have Ichorid come into play. Ichorid triggers go on the stack right after you untap.
    Ah,,,K. During the upkeep triggers stacking. For sure. Make use of those opportunities. Games are won and lost here.
    Rarely someone has the patience to wait. It's pro!

Man versus nature is not a fair fight.
    Oct 2012
    New York

Quote Originally Posted by joemauer View Post
    This is something learned the hard way, and coming from a long time closet Dredge player and Vintage Dredge player, it is easier to understand how to stack triggers when you are taught early on that you should be using Bazaar in response to Ichorid Triggers on the stack. On a lighter note, I've been messing around with a list as of late for Legacy that runs both Bloodghast and Ichorid along with Narco to gain easier dredge returns to hopefully turn 2/3 every game. Bloodghast seems to be put aside because of LED running less lands but the obvious counter-part to that argument is that Dakmor Salvage exists and you can easily run 2-3 and sequence spells/triggers correctly in order to "guarantee" Bloodghast triggers. Maybe the reason I want to go this route in Legacy is because of my Vintage style of play and understanding that the extra four dread return enablers are really useful in fighting off hate and being a faster/more consistent deck. Another thing I noticed watching the coverage (which made me cringe, I really dislike missing triggers and piloting dredge incorrectly) was the lack of cabal before dread returning when it was easily achievable. Even blind Therapies are better than dread returning blindly.

Quote Originally Posted by JPettie View Post
    This is something learned the hard way, and coming from a long time closet Dredge player and Vintage Dredge player, it is easier to understand how to stack triggers when you are taught early on that you should be using Bazaar in response to Ichorid Triggers on the stack. On a lighter note, I've been messing around with a list as of late for Legacy that runs both Bloodghast and Ichorid along with Narco to gain easier dredge returns to hopefully turn 2/3 every game. Bloodghast seems to be put aside because of LED running less lands but the obvious counter-part to that argument is that Dakmor Salvage exists and you can easily run 2-3 and sequence spells/triggers correctly in order to "guarantee" Bloodghast triggers. Maybe the reason I want to go this route in Legacy is because of my Vintage style of play and understanding that the extra four dread return enablers are really useful in fighting off hate and being a faster/more consistent deck. Another thing I noticed watching the coverage (which made me cringe, I really dislike missing triggers and piloting dredge incorrectly) was the lack of cabal before dread returning when it was easily achievable. Even blind Therapies are better than dread returning blindly.
    His games had many misplays. Not attacking before sac'ing to dread return/cabal therapy, poor choices for his cabal therapy, not protecting his dread returns, etc.

However, after watching the manaless earlier in the tournament, I'm glad to be playing LED Dredge.

Jul 2013
    Detroit, MI

I realize that he's too slow, can't be cast off LED and will just get FoW'd, but a Faithless Looting every turn is pretty sweet.

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/dack-fayden/

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    I realize that he's too slow, can't be cast off LED and will just get FoW'd, but a Faithless Looting every turn is pretty sweet.

http://www.magicspoiler.com/mtg-spoiler/dack-fayden/
    You already mentioned all the points which speak clearly against him (but I like Dack very much, which is the reason for my IDW-Lootings ). He would require a completely other shell to work, which means a different deck. Maybe he could be something for my Modern Dredge-Brew, but unluckily he won't be legal there. At least I get a second City of Brass...

Does anyone else care that JOU is bringing yet more Dredge hate?
    DDD / Death & Taxes

Quote Originally Posted by easysantiago View Post
    Does anyone else care that JOU is bringing a unplayable crap card[/URL]?

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by easysantiago View Post
    Does anyone else care that JOU is bringing yet more Dredge hate?
    As I said in the other dredge board...

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    It costs 4 mana as opposed to somewhere between 0 and 2...

I think people'll rather go for the graveyard hate already available to them so no, I don't care.

T4 isn't really that intimidating. That card doesn't look very legacy playable.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Dec 2010
    GermOney

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    T4 isn't really that intimidating. That card doesn't look very legacy playable.
    Even Crypt Incursion would be better, and this shit doesn't see play at all. So now you may sleep well again.

Stomping blue decks with "dead" decks, as usual.
    Sep 2010

Sup guys. Have you tried to replace all Putrid Imps maindeck with Street Wraiths? I tried it and I still haven't reached a conclusion. Pretty much Street Wraith keeps our Ichorid resources and we can also fight early Deathrite Shaman activations. The only problem I see is that we might need to play the full Ichorid playset, and rely more on DDD (thus, draw in pretty much every dice-roll). The other problem I see would be the lack of body to flashback Therapy, but Narcomoebas can handle this fine, probably.

Something like this:

Lands [13]
    4 Cephalid Coliseum
    4 Mana Confluence
    4 Gemstone Mine
    1 City of Brass

Creatures [24]
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    4 Golgari Thug
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    4 Ichorid
    4 Narcomoeba
    4 Street Wraith

Spells [23]
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Careful Study
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    3 Breakthrough

Sideboard [15]
    4 Nature's Claim
    4 Firestorm
    2 Wispmare
    1 Ancient Grudge
    2 Dread Return
    1 Griselbrand
    1 Flame-kin Zealot

Putrid Imp, as most people agree in this forum, is the weakest card maindeck, and Deathrite Shaman being everywhere makes Street Wraith effect really appealling. Moreover, despite having less Discard Effects (and more important, a continous one) the extra free-draw effect can pull some extra dredging in early turns.

Can someone else try this and share thoughts?
    Let your Dredge 6 be: Narco, Narco, Narco, Bridge, Bridge, Dread Return

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJester View Post
    Even Crypt Incursion would be better, and this shit doesn't see play at all. So now you may sleep well again.
    It could be a good DReturn target in the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    No.

Jan 2014
    Spain

Quote Originally Posted by Bed Decks Palyer View Post
    Elesh norn is... GG in the mirror I think

And about the street wraigth I like the david thomas decklist

Quote Originally Posted by Elfkid View Post
    Elesh norn is... GG in the mirror I think

And about the street wraigth I like the david thomas decklist
    I got around elesh norn by having a flayer out and recurring ichorids for a few turns.....super slow but my opponent was at very low life. This obviously can only happen if you get your flayer out first, unless I'm missing something.

Thread Information