Page 209 of 217 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4327

Thread: [Deck] Dredge

Jan 2013
    Land of Snow and Purple Rain

Re: [Deck] Dredge

Quote Originally Posted by Que View Post
    Oh sorry yeah its pretty much the same as before, however, because DRS has declined somewhat in the meta I have shifted back towards the inclusion of Putrid Imp over the Street Wraiths I had. In either case I don't feel such a change makes or breaks the deck tbh and you can beat DRS with either list convincingly.

Main Deck
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    3 Golgari Thug
    3 Ichorid
    4 Narcomoeba
    2 Prized Amalgam
    3 Putrid Imp
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    Creature ( 23)

4 Cephalid Coliseum
    2 City Of Brass
    3 Gemstone Mine
    4 Mana Confluence
    Land ( 13)

3 Breakthrough
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Careful Study
    1 Dread Return
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    Other ( 24)
    qty: 60

Sideboard
    1 Ancient Grudge
    2 Ashen Rider
    1 Breakthrough
    1 City Of Brass
    1 Dread Return
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Lotus Petal
    2 Unmask
    3 Wear // Tear
    Sideboard ( 15)
    Whenever get the dredge urge. I typically refer to you and your list for the best practices//tech at the time. I'm liking ashen rider. Seems funny to dread return, sac and dread return again.

Oh sorry yeah its pretty much the same as before, however, because DRS has declined somewhat in the meta I have shifted back towards the inclusion of Putrid Imp over the Street Wraiths I had. In either case I don't feel such a change makes or breaks the deck tbh and you can beat DRS with either list convincingly.

Main Deck
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    3 Golgari Thug
    3 Ichorid
    4 Narcomoeba
    2 Prized Amalgam
    3 Putrid Imp
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    Creature ( 23)

4 Cephalid Coliseum
    2 City Of Brass
    3 Gemstone Mine
    4 Mana Confluence
    Land ( 13)

3 Breakthrough
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Careful Study
    1 Dread Return
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    Other ( 24)
    qty: 60

Sideboard
    1 Ancient Grudge
    2 Ashen Rider
    1 Breakthrough
    1 City Of Brass
    1 Dread Return
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
    3 Lotus Petal
    2 Unmask
    3 Wear // Tear
    Sideboard ( 15)
    Can't wait to see Prized Amalgam in action as I'm currently on the fence with the card. Question for Potato David: is that you with the radically-bodacious moustache for an avatar?

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Well we were crushed all night. xD 4 Matches total

We had to play against the same BUG Delver guy twice in which he scooped Turn 1 both game 1s. But he had enough disruption to stop us all other games in the form of counterspells, DRS, and wasteland with Surgicals. Mulligans to 5 and 4s did not help throughout the night either. Then we had to play against some BUG lands deck? I've never even seen such a thing, but he was able to disrupt our combo with FOW and then blow us out with Crop rotation? 2nd game he drew 3 crop rotations... Last game against Miracles. I directed an incorrect sideboard plan as I prepped for RIP and instead faced Surgical Snap Caster surgical. I do believe GP Louisville had something to do with the amount of Surgicals we saw tonight.

All in all I think it was a great experience streaming with Erin, And I would definitely run it back. Some tighter play, better draws, and less tanking on my part (trying to interact with the chat was an experience) would have served us well. Sorry if I was being dismissive to the chat at times. Part of why I wanted to stream alongside Erin was to give my input, but I think I was overthinking it and reading what lines the chat wanted to take. xD

Thanks for anyone that stopped by. I might go back and watch the vod too to offer notes on the matches.

Peace
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Jan 2013

We had to play against the same BUG Delver guy twice in which he scooped Turn 1 both game 1s. But he had enough disruption to stop us all other games in the form of counterspells, DRS, and wasteland with Surgicals. Mulligans to 5 and 4s did not help throughout the night either. Then we had to play against some BUG lands deck? I've never even seen such a thing, but he was able to disrupt our combo with FOW and then blow us out with Crop rotation? 2nd game he drew 3 crop rotations... Last game against Miracles. I directed an incorrect sideboard plan as I prepped for RIP and instead faced Surgical Snap Caster surgical. I do believe GP Louisville had something to do with the amount of Surgicals we saw tonight.

All in all I think it was a great experience streaming with Erin, And I would definitely run it back. Some tighter play, better draws, and less tanking on my part (trying to interact with the chat was an experience) would have served us well. Sorry if I was being dismissive to the chat at times. Part of why I wanted to stream alongside Erin was to give my input, but I think I was overthinking it and reading what lines the chat wanted to take. xD

Thanks for anyone that stopped by. I might go back and watch the vod too to offer notes on the matches.

Peace

https://www.twitch.tv/originaloestrus/v/115513444

Bug crushes. I've been told that MODO is a bad place to test dredge because all the yard hate is extremely cheap.

Hey guys, long time lurker, been playing dredge on and off for about 3 years now and am looking to dive into it again. Unfortunately, i no longer have LEDs and won't be able to afford them in the near future, so my primary question is should i just stick to Manaless or can an LED-less version work? Hand disruption is a lot more common now between Grixis Delver being the popular flavor of delver, BR Reanimator, and BG Depths. I played at GP Lousiville and just got completely wrecked so I've been thinking about trying out a "budget" mana-version. For the record, I'm currently on the Blue version with mainboard FoW and whirlpool riders but will more than likely switch over to the all-in Balustrade Spy list if the budget list can't compete. Any thoughts are much appreciated!

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Peace
    Ouch! Sorry to hear it, man.

Don't despair, though; from your report, it sounds like at least one of those people was determined not to lose to Dredge if they were hitting Surgicals that consistently (you got to play him/her twice!), and the metagame seems saturated with sideboard grave-hate for Reanimator right now.

Out of curiosity, do you think Force of Will would've helped in the matches you played? From my limited experience, Forcing a Surgical feels good, man.

Quote Originally Posted by YungPyr0 View Post
    Hey guys, long time lurker, been playing dredge on and off for about 3 years now and am looking to dive into it again.
    Hey, YungPyr0!

LEDs are ideal, but I don't see any reason you couldn't run without them. More often than not LED doesn't make an appearance. And often, when it does, it's gumming up dredges because it doesn't do anything if we don't have it in hand. It's exceedingly powerful (especially here and in Storm), but it's not without flaws.

You're going to be running a lot less explosively, and you won't be able to capitalize on Faithless Looting, so I think if you want to try dredging without the Diamonds, you'll need to find a way to get more out of your dredges or to make your dredges more consistent. You might try running extra recursive creatures, cantrips, or discard outlets (e.g., Nether Shadow, Bloodghast, PAm, Street Wraith, PImp, or Firestorm), or maybe you could try maindeck disruption like Unmask.

Anybody else have ideas? I've never had the stones to try eschewing LED.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Cutting LED is really, and I mean REALLY counterproductive from a competitive standpoint. You would basically be playing a modern deck. It's effectively the same as removing the ammunition from a gun and expecting it to still shoot. Like dropping food crates on an enemy country instead of bombs. I don't recommend it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    The fairly obvious flaw in your reasoning is that Dark Ritual and Wild Cantor do produce mana. Pretending they don't won't change the function of the cards.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    Cutting LED is really, and I mean REALLY counterproductive from a competitive standpoint. You would basically be playing a modern deck. It's effectively the same as removing the ammunition from a gun and expecting it to still shoot. Like dropping food crates on an enemy country instead of bombs. I don't recommend it.
    Don't get me wrong: I don't think it's a good idea to run without it unless a) you don't have the cards, or b) you're 'boarding in Force of Will (even then, I don't think it's good to cut all of them). I was just saying that, if one were to build LED-less, the priority is to find a way to get better dredges because without LED you won't be getting god-hands that just blow through the deck on T1–2.

In answer to the original question, I guess I'd err on the side of playing manaless if you don't have Diamonds, though I can't say I'd recommend manaless either outside of very specific metagames.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Oct 2013
    Berlin

the same BUG Delver guy twice
    Man, who could beat anyway 2x DRS + Waste + Surgical + Fow? Nevertheless, it was pretty entertaining watching the stream and I'm definitely gonna try out your sideboard, three Wear // Tear are really spicy.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by meffeo View Post
    Man, who could beat anyway 2x DRS + Waste + Surgical + Fow? Nevertheless, it was pretty entertaining watching the stream and I'm definitely gonna try out your sideboard, three Wear // Tear are really spicy.
    Finally people joining me on the Wear//Tear plan.
    One mana to destroy RiP/Leyline and two mana to destroy Chalice@1 or Cage.
    And no additional life points go to the opponent, helping us grind the game out.

Jun 2010
    Philippines

I've been testing the Serenity plan by Parcher as an answer to chalice and multiple leylines and I have been happy with the results. Might just drop the other anti hate and free up some sideboard slots by running a full playset of Serenity as an answer to artifact/enchantment based graveyard hate but I want to jam in more games with it first just to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    We play an Eternal format. Any threat, unanswered, will be your ass in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Asthereal View Post
    Finally people joining me on the Wear//Tear plan
    I've had them in and out for years, they're top tier. Some of the best plays with Wear//Tear were hitting Aether Vial & Rest in Peace at the same time vs Death & Taxes. The downside to Wear//Tear vs Serenity is that you pay 3 and only hit 2 things, when Serenity clears everything. This doesn't seem like a big swinger in Serenity's favor on paper, but Parcher is correct-it does something no other card can do for us. The upsides with Wear//Tear are great and I'm a huge advocate for it: you can sandbag it in your hand, it can't be Abrupt Decayed on the vital turn, can be cast for 1 if you just need to kill a Leyline effect, and you can 2 for 1 on a good day. All that said, both are proven better options than Nature's Claim and I'm glad the community as a whole is finally taking notice, even if it is 4 years late. If you're seeing a lot of Enchantress (which by the way was an actual abysmal unwinnable matchup in 2012-I was cursed by Brandon Large "what's your worst matchup? enchantress? that's what you're playing after your byes." at the legacy GP that year while we were getting lunch during our 2 byes. I panic and find an Aura Thief at a dealer table. Write it into my sideboard. Sit across from my round 3 opponent, what are the odds...he's Enchantress and he slaughters me. Miss that day 2 by 1 match loss. Looking back, I should have just brought Serenity instead of Wispmare.) then definitely pack 4 Serenity.

This actually reminded me I only own 3 Serenity. Good work team!

Edit: I was thinking about using a 1 of Sun Titan again in the main just for the lols while I was in the shower today, somewhere my brain was thinking about Thug recursions in modern and how Macabre/Wispmare/Ingot Chewer is a good package and whether or not Bojuka Bog/Loam was better than Thug/Macabre since you can kill the Thug when you want with Darkblast or Conflagrate-DIFFERENT FORMAT I KNOW-but back in 2012 we used Sun Titan to get back anything from LED or Cephalid Coliseum to put the entire deck in the graveyard, recur Therapy fodder or blockers, and we could cast Gnaw to the Bone out of sideboard vs burn and storm. Sun Titan would also be able to recur Serenity. The downside vs most Dread Return options is that it doesn't remove to Ichorid. Idle thought, sorry.
    The fairly obvious flaw in your reasoning is that Dark Ritual and Wild Cantor do produce mana. Pretending they don't won't change the function of the cards.

Everybody's a jerk! You, me..........this jerk.
    Jan 2006
    DuPont Circle

All that said, both are proven better options than Nature's Claim and I'm glad the community as a whole is finally taking notice, even if it is 4 years late.
    I got 25th at 2013 GPDC with 4 Wear/Tear. Caleb Neufeld copied the list and topped SCG Jersey a couple of months later. Sooo.....yeah.

If you're seeing a lot of Enchantress (which by the way was an actual abysmal unwinnable matchup in 2012-I was cursed by Brandon Large "what's your worst matchup? enchantress? that's what you're playing after your byes." at the legacy GP that year while we were getting lunch during our 2 byes. I panic and find an Aura Thief at a dealer table. Write it into my sideboard. Sit across from my round 3 opponent, what are the odds...he's Enchantress and he slaughters me. Miss that day 2 by 1 match loss. Looking back, I should have just brought Serenity instead of Wispmare.) then definitely pack 4 Serenity.
    2012 GP Atlanta. Only went 11-4, that was GP Reanimator. Beat 2 Enchantress players on day one alone. One being Melissa De Tora. Without Wear/Tear, or Serenity. Sooo.....yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
    Look, I will suck your dick. I will suck your fucking dick. I will do it, just join my team. I’ll suck your dick. You can fuck me or get fucked by me. You can watch me fuck something. Just point at something, I’ll fuck it for you. Just tell me what you want me to fuck!
    ~ Team Unicorn Motto

Quote Originally Posted by Parcher View Post
    2012 GP Atlanta. Only went 11-4, that was GP Reanimator. Beat 2 Enchantress players on day one alone. One being Melissa De Tora. Without Wear/Tear, or Serenity. Sooo.....yeah.
    Was 2012 a reanimator year? I came back to magic that year after a small break from 2009-2011 and had no metagame analysis when I entered the tournament beyond scouting grinders on Friday night. I'm pretty sure I was working at a LGS at the time of Atlanta, and couldn't get the time off to make the 16 hour drive. I forgot we used to get more than 1 legacy GP a year...heartbreaking. Every enchantress player in the world vs me still today gets a natural t1 ramp+Elephant Grass, t2 SoCo or whatever they need. This guy in particular was running maindeck Ground Seal too, so I couldn't even Dread Return. I'm not even joking, it was the most humiliating game of magic for me of all time-oh you're on dredge? Here, let me E tutor for every card you can't win against. I need 8 Serenity to win that matchup personally. This was before RtR and RiP too, you know. I still remember an Esper Stoneblade player having maindeck Surgical+Snap in his opener (turns out he knew a friend of mine and found out I was on dredge so kept accordingly) and a Merfolk player having maindeck Relic of Progenitus at that tournament too. I ended at x-3, just short of day 2.

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Hi all,

Just some notes from my last couple of tournaments.

I played in a 43 man credit tournament so it was 6 rounds. I went 4-2 and with some good breakers ended up in 8th. We all split the credit and called it a day. I don't remember much details about this tournament, but the decklist was the same as the one Erin played on her stream.

http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=21778&iddeck=167485

Most recent played a Legacy Staples tournament with Volcanic as the top Prize. It was 6 rounds and I went 4-0, Id, Id into top 8.

My matchups:

Round 1: Lowell H. with Elves
    1-0
    Round 2: John H. with Elves
    2-0
    Round 3: Christopher G. with Manaless Dredge
    3-0
    Round 4: Travis B. with B/R Reanimator
    4-0
    Round 5: ID
    Round 6: ID

Top 8

Quarterfinals: Greg Borish with Aggro Loam

You can watch the Quarterfinals on twitch here:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118069223
    The match starts around 5:07, Also I apologize in advance for the amount of shuffling that happens lol skip ahead appropriately xD

Semi Finals: Patrick with Lands (off stream)

Game 1 notes: I had a zombie, 2 Amalgams, and an LED in play and no lands after an early setup. Patrick draws a crop rotation on his turn and grabs a Tabernacle. He didn't want to grab a Bojuka Bog as I already had 8 power on the board and he had nothing really going. On my turn I crack my LED to keep my 3 creatures around. I crash in for 8 putting Patrick down to 12. Patrick plays some land don't remember. On my turn I stack the tabernacle trigger and return an Ichorid back from my graveyard even though I lose the 2 Amalgams and the zombie. At this point I also have 3 Bridge from Below, but tabernacle is making them somewhat irrelevant since i can't pay to keep the zombies around anymore. On my turn I dredge into a Narcomoeba and Cabal Therapy. I cabal therapy'd myself to generate 3 zombies. I Dread Returned another Ichorid to crash in for 6 putting Patrick down to 6. Next turn I stacked the triggers again and brought both Ichorid back to finish the game.

Game 2: Patrick made a turn 3 20/20 and killed me swiftly.

Game 3: Patrick has an early tabernacle, but I'm able to combo and Dread Return into the Ashen Rider I boarded in to Exile the pesky land. Ashen Rider plus Ichorid and zombies finish the game and the match for me.

Finals on stream: Same link match starts around 6:54

Decklist is the same as the one I posted above, however, I replaced the Putrid Imps and favored Street Wraiths again. After seeing the amount of Surgical that was being played it felt absolutely right. That and the fact that BUG decks are starting to rise.

I'll edit the post later to fill in anymore details about the swiss matchups tomorrow. gnight. :)
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Jan 2013

Hi all,

Just some notes from my last couple of tournaments.

I played in a 43 man credit tournament so it was 6 rounds. I went 4-2 and with some good breakers ended up in 8th. We all split the credit and called it a day. I don't remember much details about this tournament, but the decklist was the same as the one Erin played on her stream.

http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=21778&iddeck=167485

Most recent played a Legacy Staples tournament with Volcanic as the top Prize. It was 6 rounds and I went 4-0, Id, Id into top 8.

My matchups:

Round 1: Lowell H. with Elves
    1-0
    Round 2: John H. with Elves
    2-0
    Round 3: Christopher G. with Manaless Dredge
    3-0
    Round 4: Travis B. with B/R Reanimator
    4-0
    Round 5: ID
    Round 6: ID

Top 8

Quarterfinals: Greg Borish with Aggro Loam

You can watch the Quarterfinals on twitch here:https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118069223
    The match starts around 5:07, Also I apologize in advance for the amount of shuffling that happens lol skip ahead appropriately xD

Semi Finals: Patrick with Lands (off stream)

Game 1 notes: I had a zombie, 2 Amalgams, and an LED in play and no lands after an early setup. Patrick draws a crop rotation on his turn and grabs a Tabernacle. He didn't want to grab a Bojuka Bog as I already had 8 power on the board and he had nothing really going. On my turn I crack my LED to keep my 3 creatures around. I crash in for 8 putting Patrick down to 12. Patrick plays some land don't remember. On my turn I stack the tabernacle trigger and return an Ichorid back from my graveyard even though I lose the 2 Amalgams and the zombie. At this point I also have 3 Bridge from Below, but tabernacle is making them somewhat irrelevant since i can't pay to keep the zombies around anymore. On my turn I dredge into a Narcomoeba and Cabal Therapy. I cabal therapy'd myself to generate 3 zombies. I Dread Returned another Ichorid to crash in for 6 putting Patrick down to 6. Next turn I stacked the triggers again and brought both Ichorid back to finish the game.

Game 2: Patrick made a turn 3 20/20 and killed me swiftly.

Game 3: Patrick has an early tabernacle, but I'm able to combo and Dread Return into the Ashen Rider I boarded in to Exile the pesky land. Ashen Rider plus Ichorid and zombies finish the game and the match for me.

Finals on stream: Same link match starts around 6:54

Decklist is the same as the one I posted above, however, I replaced the Putrid Imps and favored Street Wraiths again. After seeing the amount of Surgical that was being played it felt absolutely right. That and the fact that BUG decks are starting to rise.

I'll edit the post later to fill in anymore details about the swiss matchups tomorrow. gnight. :)
    *watching your matches now*

Jan 2013

Well done!

Que, did you replace all the Putrid Imps with Wraiths or just some?

Against which matchups would you side in Ashen Rider other than Sneak and Show and is there a matchup you would absolutely need the two Ashen Riders rather than 1 Rider and 1 fast-attacker (Flayer or Flame-Kin) in the sideboard?
    And when do Unmasks come in? Against counter-heavy matchups?

Man of the Bounce
    Apr 2011
    City of Angels

Quote Originally Posted by Plaek View Post
    Que, did you replace all the Putrid Imps with Wraiths or just some?

Against which matchups would you side in Ashen Rider other than Sneak and Show and is there a matchup you would absolutely need the two Ashen Riders rather than 1 Rider and 1 fast-attacker (Flayer or Flame-Kin) in the sideboard?
    And when do Unmasks come in? Against counter-heavy matchups?
    Yo Plaek. I did in fact replace all the Putrid Imp with Street Wraiths for the tournament reason being more BUG and Surgical and Chalice. Plus the extra Dredges are always welcome.

Other than boarding them in against Sneak & Show Ashen Rider is a catch all answer to any troublesome permanent. My matchup against lands is a perfect example as the Ashen Rider allows me to beat cards like Tabernacle, Glacial Chasm, etc. I've brought it in against decks that play Ensnaring Bridge or other types of soft lock permanents. I had two because my current meta sees a lot of Sneak & Show and I consider that a volatile matchup which I wanted to shore up. You can alternatively pick something else like Elesh Norn or open up that slot for something else. I don't bring it in against "Fair" decks though as the dread return package is not the primary plan. If you've seen my lists I don't play any dedicated DR targets. In my experience they're not needed, but its preference. If I did run any one target it would probably be flame kin for the sheer fact that you don't need anything else to make him work other than reanimating it. I guess Griselbrand would be a close 2nd.

The Unmasks I haven't used too often and I've only recently added them. They're mainly there to take hate pieces from DnT and presumably strip a Surgical before you commit anything to the graveyard against the Delver decks. I still have to do more testing with it. Originally I thought I would bring it in against other combo decks to break their combo, but I don't like that plan now and I'm sticking to being faster by bringing in lotus petals and just combing them harder. It usually works out.

@PotatoDavid. Thanks bro! :D
    WESTCOAST
    DREDGE Playlist

Jun 2010
    Philippines

Congrats on another win, Que! Can you share your sideboard plan against Lands? Is it just Ashen Rider? Sad to say that I haven't won an official match against it.
    Last edited by SHABOOGS; 01-31-2017 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Just watched the finals where Que won the whole thing :)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpikeyMikey View Post
    We play an Eternal format. Any threat, unanswered, will be your ass in short order.

Thread Information