Thread: [HELP]Norin the Wary (some men just want to watch the world burn)

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

[HELP]Norin the Wary (some men just want to watch the world burn)

Alright,

I was on Cockatrice and I witnessed a Norin the Wary general wreaking havoc to everyone.

I actually want to make one for my local group, so I am going to ask for pointers.

I am on my iPhone right now but will post my initial list soon.

So far, the idea is to run Norin the Wary with Confusion of the Ranks, Genesis Chamber and the likes with back up Goblin package (for good things such as Goblin Matron, Goblin Recruiter and Moggcatcher to fetch useful goblins such as Kiki-Jiki,Mirrorbreaker and Goblin Welder) and MUD/Stax elements (after all, I am running Goblin Welder).

I'm not sure if I should run land destruction since everyone in my playgroup hates it and I don't want to be the target all the time.

I was looking at MTGS and there was already an awesome Norin Primer though it also ran a coinflip theme which is something I am trying to avoid. I am also trying to avoid cards that would cost above $15 each (so no Imperial Recruiters and Gauntlet of Might).

I was wondering if anyone has a similar mono-red theme or even runs Norin that want to share techs.*

Thanks in advance!
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Not playing Bant
    Oct 2010
    Rockwall, Texas

Re: [HELP]Norin the Wary (some men just want to watch the world burn)

Warstorm Surge seems pretty good with Norin.
    Asylum EDH: Foil or go home.

Sep 2010
    MNL

That probably is Gaka's Norin deck from MTGS. He has done an unbelievable job with the deck and would vouch for the strength of the deck despite its janky cards. The coinflip theme has already been dropped and the deck still runs well without Imperial Recruiter (I don't have it) but it's infinitely more awesome if you have it. My deck is roughly around 5-10 cards different than his.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=294369

Funny story: Gaka was accused of netdecking his own deck on cockatrice :)) That's when you know you've created a monster. It's not that the deck is overpowered, it's just extremely annoying to play against.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by mrjumbo03 View Post
    That probably is Gaka's Norin deck from MTGS. He has done an unbelievable job with the deck and would vouch for the strength of the deck despite its janky cards. The coinflip theme has already been dropped and the deck still runs well without Imperial Recruiter (I don't have it) but it's infinitely more awesome if you have it. My deck is roughly around 5-10 cards different than his.

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=294369

Funny story: Gaka was accused of netdecking his own deck on cockatrice :)) That's when you know you've created a monster. It's not that the deck is overpowered, it's just extremely annoying to play against.
    I think I was watching that match too. Would you mind posting your list and what elements does it have?

I was looking at Gaka's list on MTGS and I noticed he wasn't running Kuldotha Forgemaster. I would imagine he'd be good if you get an active Genesis Chamber.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Thread Information