Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

Looks cool! I need to work with white because I dont have any Bayou, so for me maybe 2 cratermakers and something else replacing the decays. Cratermaker looks nice as you can ping 2 creatures if you have judith on the board.

Im trying something like this today on my weekly tournament:

Main:
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Carrion Feeder
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Gravecrawler
    3 Judith, the Scourge Diva
    1 Marsh Flats
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Scrubland
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    3 Thoughtseize
    1 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard:
    2 Blessed Alliance
    3 Liliana of the Veil
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    3 Wear // Tear
    1 Zealous Persecution

A more aggroish build, Bob helping with card advantage and taking removal before Judith... turning bombardment activations into shocks is crazy, you can really speed the clock up, and remove threats otherwise harder. One Bridge from Below is there for those crazy plays that gets you the win out of nowhere.

Blessed alliance is there vs burn/tnn/marit lage (very common decks in my meta), still not sure about Jitte though. Zealous Persecution is also great on this build to get an early unexpected finish.

Needle also is good for several reasons (wasteland, rishadan, mother of runes, stoneforge, planeswalkers..), but with Judith in the deck, it is a way to deal with Karakas.

Liliana competes with Judith on the 3drop slot, maybe its better to swap her out with something else, maybe a couple engineered explosives and something else.

Any thoughts?

Dec 2010
    Montreal

@johncarvalho,

The only thing I don't like about the mainboard is Bob. Not because I don't think Bob is good in this deck but because you are dilluting the synergy for it. Cutting on GY value cards like Lingering Souls maked your built in card advantage from Supplier and Looting worst. I also find Souls to be a better and more reliable source of card advantage than Bob in grindy matchups and aggressive matchups.

Your SB seems fine. I definitely preffer EE to Jitte/ZP/Needle in this deck because it tends to be a one sided wrath and it hits a lot more stuff like Chalice, Warrens, Liliana, Counterbalance, Vial + Mom. I will admit that I like EE a lot less now that I pack Feeders and Trophies/Decay... I won't fault anyone for playing Jitte because it's amazing in the right matchup (like Burn).
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Quote Originally Posted by Qweerios View Post
    @johncarvalho,

The only thing I don't like about the mainboard is Bob. Not because I don't think Bob is good in this deck but because you are dilluting the synergy for it. Cutting on GY value cards like Lingering Souls maked your built in card advantage from Supplier and Looting worst. I also find Souls to be a better and more reliable source of card advantage than Bob in grindy matchups and aggressive matchups.

Your SB seems fine. I definitely preffer EE to Jitte/ZP/Needle in this deck because it tends to be a one sided wrath and it hits a lot more stuff like Chalice, Warrens, Liliana, Counterbalance, Vial + Mom. I will admit that I like EE a lot less now that I pack Feeders and Trophies/Decay... I won't fault anyone for playing Jitte because it's amazing in the right matchup (like Burn).
    I think I got excited because I got 3 bobs a few days ago and wanna play them hahaha perhaps lingering souls is better, but I will try the Bobs for today to see what happens.

EE might be good if you need to get several judith triggers for the kill, having no sac outlets on the board. I will replace one needle for one EE. The rest I will keep because Im pretty sure I will be paired against burn I wanna see how jitte does against it.

A complete disaster yesterday
    Went 1-3

Match 1 - 2-0 vs Manaless dredge missing cards
    His deck was missing chancellor of the annex, and he used weird creatures, more like a kitchen table deck, so i cant even count this victory.

Match 2 - 0-2 vs Eldrazi post
    I think this is probably the worst matchup... their threats are big, ballista takes away our bridge instantly. We played 8 more matches waiting for the 50minutes to end, and lost 6...

Match 3 - 0-2 vs Maverick
    This guy had vampiric tutor hands, because he topdecked exactly what he needed on both games.. and i drew several lands in a row on both games. Still feel like a bad matchup because of 4 qasali pridemage maindeck, and also ooze (i was able to take ooze out g1 before he did anything with it, but still got owned by a big KoTR and a flyer with jitte)

Match 4 - 0-2 vs BR Reanimator
    The usual stuff... no chance g1, g2 started with chancellor and combo on turn 2.

The times I casted Judith it scared the opponents because it really accelerates the clock, but felt a little like it was a win-more card... Bob was cool, but lingering souls feels better, you practically negate your opponent spot removal spells playing souls, and with Bob they have use for them.

I played against a friend on Grixis Control before the tournament started, and this build felt much worse then the usual as well.

I still wanna see how Judith fares on other builds

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Gifted Aetherborn is pretty good against Eldrazi, Burn and most Delver decks of you want a nice boost for these matchups.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

[Deck] Zombardment

Hi all, im playing the following list:

4x gravecrawler
    4x bloodghast
    2x carrion feeder
    2x goblin cratermaker
    1x judith
    4x stitcher supplier

4x cabal therapy
    3x thoughtseize
    2x hymn to tourach
    4x faithless looting

3x entomb

3x goblin bombardment
    3x bridge from below

1x phyrexian altar

4x verdant catacomb
    4x polluted delta
    1x undiscovered paradise
    1x phyrexian tower
    4x badlands
    3x scrubland
    3x swamp

Side:
    3x wear/tear
    3x faerie macabre
    3x swords to plowshares
    3x silent gravestone
    3x crypt breaker

Little differences from an usual list: tourach maindeck, feels always awesome starting with stitcher t1, or gravecrawler followed by a tourach. I think tourch it’s a super important card right now in this meta.
    Phyrexian altar won me some games going infinite, but usually it goes out in g2/g3.
    Judith is an awesome cards, dont think more then 2 copies. She add some nice power on board, but you have to already have a board

For rhe sideboard: Crypt breaker as postboard way to dodge gy. Silent gravestone coming in vs surgical/reanimator strategy/loam. Faerie macabre would be surgical once i decide to buy them online.
    I was skeptical about cratermaker. That goblin is awesome! Killed for me a bunch of delver, and chalice, and cage. Played as a rockstar vs mud. And left some zombies back with bridges. And with wear/tear you have a super package vs artifact.

Sometimes i really miss ligering souls. I think that they should take the place of 2 bridges and the altar, but i dunno yet...
    Thought also about including a dakmor savage, maximizing the potential hellbent Entomb topdeck. But i think that having it in your starting hand sucks too much..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

@qweerios I might try some of those, my meta is filled with Eldrazi and is probably the worst matchup. Maybe 2 on the SB? Or I can put specific hate cards like a Infernal reckoning and a Warmth(i wanna see the Burn players face ). I saw a Japanese list with a pretty intriguing SB list:

1x pithing needle
    1x reanimate (i like this a lot)
    1x infernal reckoning (and this)
    1x surgical
    1x zealous persecution
    3x silent gravestone
    3x karakas
    4x wear // tear

@nocioni88 your list looks pretty solid, I love Hymn, but never tried it in zombardment, might be a good call. I might try your list maybe next week, probably with lingering souls instead of 2 bridges/altar.

I will be testing this in preparation for GP Niagra Falls, please keep sharing your ideas.

I think white it’s a bettere splash, overall. Wear/tear was sooo good. And you can sideboard swords to plowshares too.
    I switched back also to 3 lingering souls maindeck. I often get hard times in deciding what to discard with looting. Something unexpected, but it happens a lot, and lingering is a nice addition. At worst is a 2 1/1 flyiers for 3 THAT can block.

I found judith a nice cards, but not in multiples copies. I play her as 1-of.

I am loosing a lot vs post, online. Someone tried a version with maybe urborg + wasteland? Or something similar?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by Teknomahge View Post
    I will be testing this in preparation for GP Niagra Falls, please keep sharing your ideas.
    I don't experiment with Judith because I don't think she is better than anything we already have. My current list plays the 4th Entomb and 2 Souls over the 3 Judiths. I also have a single Scrubland over the 4th Badlands to be able to hardcast Souls and reliably get EE on 4. Other than that I've included an Ancient Grudge in the SB and swapped my 3 Wear // Tear for 3 Assassin's Trophy.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Feb 2019
    Seattle

Hello! I’ve been playing Zombardment on and off for about a year, and finally decided to stop lurking here to post a report from this week’s Legacy night while considering deck choices for a 1k this weekend. This was also the first week I’ve gotten a chance to test out a few Judith’s in the maindeck. Here’s my decklist:

Gravecrawler x4
    Stitcher's Supplier x4
    Carrion Feeder x2
    Bloodghast x4
    Goblin Cratermaker x2
    Judith, the Scourge Diva x2
    Greater Gargadon x1

Faithless Looting x4
    Cabal Therapy x4
    Thoughtseize x3
    Entomb x3
    Goblin Bombardment x3
    Phyrexian Altar x1
    Bridge from Below x1
    Lingering Souls x2

Bloodstained Mire x4
    Marsh Flats x4
    Polluted Delta x3
    Badlands x3
    Scrubland x2
    Swamp x3
    Undiscovered Paradise x1

Sideboard:
    Surgical Extraction x3
    Wear // Tear x3
    Magus of the Moon x2
    Ensnaring Bridge x2
    Toxic Deluge x1
    Diabolic Edict x2
    Urborg Justice x1
    Silent Gravestone x1

Round 1: Burn 2-0
    Game One - Keep a hand with looting, bloodghast, therapy, entomb, and fetches. Get a Bloodghast and therapy off the looting and spend the next two turns shredding their hand.
    They land an eidolon, but gargadon, bridge tokens, and bloodghasts dodge that whole mess.

In: 3 Wear//Tear Out: 3 Thoughtseize

Game Two - They mull to five for a no lander with graveyard interaction. Play out my savannah lions normally, and close out quick with Judith on three. Talking afterwards, they had a pyroclasm in hand, and Judith got some points for board wipe value despite the non-game.

Round 2: Nic Fit 2-1

Game One - We both mull to clunky sixes, and I manage to build a sizable board of crawlers, souls, and an altar. They slowed things down with lingering souls, and their patience on a therapy in the yard paid off when they top decked an arena rector for an Ugin exiling my board. A sandbagged crawler, top decked cratermaker, and the altar for mana fixing led to one of the most satisfying plays I’ve gotten to make in awhile. An entomb off the top for the infinite zombies finished it up the next turn.

In: 3 Wear//Tear, 3 Surgical, 2 Magus(Game 3)
    Out: Altar, Bridge, 2 Stitcher's, 2 Entomb, 2 Feeder

Game Two - Keep a hand with therapy and surgical, but lead on supplier to try and get on board early. Don’t see much, and they go explorer into therapy into Evolutionary Leap to end things with academy rectors despite me tagging their area rectors with therapy into surgical.
    Game Three - Looking through their deck game two I saw they were actually kind of light on basics, so I brought in magus to see if I could steal a game. We both mull to six. Them pathing a crawler helps me hit magus on curve, and they proceed to play a lot of mountains for an abzan deck. Play Judith to close the game in two turns instead of three right after. Not sure if it would’ve mattered, but something to note.

Round 3: Sneak and Show 0-2
    Game One - They spell pierce a Thoughtseize on one. A therapy on two tagged a show and tell, but showed a sneak attack and an intuition. Emrakul and Griselbrand together two turns later ended things.

In: 2 Ensnaring Bridge, 3 Wear//Tear, 2 Edicts
    Out: 2 Lingering Souls, Altar, Bridge, 3 Stitcher's.

Game Two - Mulled to 6 with two therapies and a crawler. Unfortunately, they had two brainstorms to nerf my therapies. Still put them low on resources drawing a third, but an Arcane Artisan I really didn’t have an answer for stopped my crawler. It eventually exiled a Griselbrand which quickly put me in the ground.

Round 4: ANT 2-0
    Game One - Looting turn one ditched a Bloodghast and a land while they played preordain. Therapy, fetchland, therapy, crawler took two Infernal tutors and LED. Judith on three and a bombardment straight after wrapped it up from there.

In: 3 Surgical, 3 Wear//Tear
    Out: Altar, Bridge, 2 Lingering Souls, 1 Stitcher's, 1 Entomb.

Game Two - Double therapy, supplier, and crawler looked just fine to me while they mulled to 6. They drew most of their post-board interaction in decay and chain of vapor to slow me down, but weren’t recovering resources while multiple supplier triggers set me up pretty well with Bloodghasts. A top decked tutor while they were hellbent with PiF in their yard freaked me out though. Thankfully, a Judith off the top put them to one life, which shut off a fetchland that could have won them the game.

3-1 on the night felt pretty good overall. Made one or two smaller sequencing mistakes regarding graveyard enablers vs discard that I need to tighten up on being off the deck for a bit. The metagame breakdown for the stream showed 6 copies of both Lands and Burn, so I’m considering swapping a single Thoughtseize for Collective Brutality in the main for the 1k. The rest of it, including the Judiths, will probably stay the same though. While almost certainly results oriented thinking, having the Scourge Diva coming down on turn 3 or 4 always felt great in sideboarded games where I’m trying to lean less into the graveyard synergies. The closing power of 3/1s with reach on sac effects is exactly where this deck wants to be after disrupting the opponent for the first few turns. Too many can clunk up a hand hard though. I'm excited to test her out more, and see what all of you think about the deck moving forward.

Cabal Therapist auto-include?

Quote Originally Posted by Pittplayer View Post
    Cabal Therapist auto-include?
    I'd flex slot it if it were a zombie for gravecrawler interaction. As-is I think it's not good enough. Maybe it could find a home in a slow grindy meta.

Hi All,

Sorry for not updating for a while. I could not find much time to try out the deck..(hidding MTGA out)

With a bit of testing, I'd find Rix Maadi Reveler is like amazing card to solve bunch of our query.
    I thought he'd be a bit too slow, but actually was not, and spectacle mode is like bomb, nearly or even better than drawing three cards.

From basic opinion from the deck, four mana is not too heavy, and insta blocker against angler or something, is what we desired to.
    It also open the new sideboard plan; adding equipment from the board, it was not a great idea previously because we did not have much creatures after board(note that our creature does not come back easily after board).

With Reveler, we basically have 16+ angler/souls/anything(therapist?, Judith), so equipment plan could be a choice now.

Let me know what you'd think.

Dec 2010
    Prague

Great ideas tamiful - as always! It d be great if you always add the list you are on as it is sometimes hard to follow what did you cut and such.

Thank you!

Tomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Koplinchen View Post
    Great ideas tamiful - as always! It d be great if you always add the list you are on as it is sometimes hard to follow what did you cut and such.

Thank you!

Tomas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You're right Thomas, I've tried bunch of lists, and found out following one is good:

4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Bridge from below
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Phyrexian Alter
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Goblin Creatermaker
    3 Lingaling Souls

10 Fetches
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrublend
    3 Swamp
    2 Phyrexian Tower

- Haven't tried any changes on sides yet.
    - Excluded Entombs, it's not a best card anymore.. Especially after board.
    - Bridge or Souls? I'd say both is good, as I've learned from the history.
    - Willing to try Priests and Judith, instead of Souls?
    - Trying Goblin Creatermakers, those are good, but is one drop heavier than Explosives or Abrades in case of deleting Chalice.

Thanks!
    Makoto

Quote Originally Posted by tamiful View Post
    You're right Thomas, I've tried bunch of lists, and found out following one is good:

4 Bloodghast
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Bridge from below
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Phyrexian Alter
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Goblin Creatermaker
    3 Lingaling Souls

10 Fetches
    3 Badlands
    2 Scrublend
    3 Swamp
    2 Phyrexian Tower

- Haven't tried any changes on sides yet.
    - Excluded Entombs, it's not a best card anymore.. Especially after board.
    - Bridge or Souls? I'd say both is good, as I've learned from the history.
    - Willing to try Priests and Judith, instead of Souls?
    - Trying Goblin Creatermakers, those are good, but is one drop heavier than Explosives or Abrades in case of deleting Chalice.

Thanks!
    Makoto
    Looks like a nice list!! How is that working out for you? Im travelling atm so some weeks with no mtg for me

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    Looks like a nice list!! How is that working out for you? Im travelling atm so some weeks with no mtg for me
    I personally do not love to play this deck in MO, especially when I cast Therapy, but finally decided to do so..

Well, the deck is great, I mean Rix Maadi Reveler is just an insane card.
    -He's 2/2 and can block
    -Looting and Supplier was like best starting hand, now we have 12 good start instead of 8!
    -Bit more red-mana reliant, adding another badlands or mountain could be a good idea.
    -Judith was okay, very good at post-board, but might not necessary at pre-board(might a bit biased because I have seen miracles like 5 times in 3 days)
    -Priest sounds more likely to post-board card, does not do much against combos and miracles.
    -Missed souls and entomb like twice, and putting one entomb should be okay, he still is demonic tutor in our deck, and drawing one always feel nice, but not two.

Digests on matches in this month:

Miracles 6-1(did really bad draw and lost one match)
    BG Depth 2-0(lucky draws, Karakas is great)
    Mono-Red Stompy 3-0(Bit-more-red-reliant, okay)
    BUG Delver 0-2(Tarmogoyf and stifle. ew)
    Grixis Delver 1-1 (they do not cast angler multiple times, might making difference)
    BU Omitell 0-1
    High-Tides 1-0 (Won main board while he is solving brain freeze storm-48 )

With datas I got, I might do

Out
    1 Judith
    2 Priest

In
    1 Entomb
    1 Lingaring Souls
    1 Mountain(Badlands)

Regards,
    Makoto

Nov 2017
    France

I am quite tired of the Legacy deck i have been playing for several years now, this one looks quite fun and i might give it a try. I have read most of the forum but i have a few basic questions for the experts of the deck :

- How is the deck in the current meta ? I mean, basically what are the good and bad matchups ?
    - Is there some kind of concensus about a list ? I saw several of them, which one would you play now or suggest me to start with ?
    - Any hints that could help me start with it are welcomed of course.

Thank you

Thread Information