Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940 LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Dec 2018
    France

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    I want to try putrid imps as well, specially with anger. Can you share your list please?

(Sometimes a putrid imp can save you from a marit lage , if you delve your graveyard enough with hogaak)

I was also thinking about testing satyr wayfinder, he can give you a land when you need, helps with casting hogaak, is a pitch for force of vigor and fill your graveyard. Any thoughts on him?

Thanks!
    Yep, 1 point for Putrid :)
    Putrid is for me better because : We don't like to draw bridge, Vengevine, Bloodghast, Anger. It's a zombie and he is black for Hogaak.

Why not Saty. Accelerate Hogaak and tricky with bloodghast :)

My list with Putrid Imp :
    19 LANDS
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Snow-Covered Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs

26 CREATURES
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Carrion Feeder
    3 Gravecrawler
    4 Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis
    3 Putrid Imp
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Vengevine

7 INSTANTS and SORC.
    3 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting

8 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from Below

SIDEBOARD
    2 Assassin's Trophy
    3 Force of Vigor
    4 Leyline of the Void
    3 Reverent Silence
    3 Thoughtseize

And my favorite list <3 :

19 LANDS
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    3 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Snow-Covered Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs

20 CREATURES
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Carrion Feeder
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier

13 INSTANTS and SORC.
    3 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Entomb

8 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from Below

SIDEBOARD
    2 Assassin's Trophy
    2 Dawnstrider or Moment's Peace (Dark Depth ! I'm searching the good reply for the token).
    4 Surgical Extraction
    2 Return To Nature
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Reverent Silence
    1 Shenanigan's

Nice man!! Thanks for sharing!

I made a list similar to your favorite one, but still couldnt test it. It replaces one altar for anger, and trim one carrion feeder for the 4th maindeck cabal therapy. Maybe one entomb can be an extra discard, or even a scourge of nel toth(amazong vs depths also).

An alternative for dawnstrider might be matsu-tribe sniper, also good vs other matchups!

If playing entomb i would probably make something like this for the sb:

4 leyline of the void
    2 matsu tribe sniper
    2 silent gravestone
    2 force of vigor
    2 abrupt decay
    2 thoughtseize
    1 shenanigans

Dec 2018
    France

Nice man!! Thanks for sharing!

I made a list similar to your favorite one, but still couldnt test it. It replaces one altar for anger, and trim one carrion feeder for the 4th maindeck cabal therapy. Maybe one entomb can be an extra discard, or even a scourge of nel toth(amazong vs depths also).

An alternative for dawnstrider might be matsu-tribe sniper, also good vs other matchups!

If playing entomb i would probably make something like this for the sb:

4 leyline of the void
    2 matsu tribe sniper
    2 silent gravestone
    2 force of vigor
    2 abrupt decay
    2 thoughtseize
    1 shenanigans
    The problem with Matsu-tribe sniper is Dark Depth. He does nothing vs the token :/
    I have cut Silent Gravestone because the deck can win even if we take a Surgical. And the others grave hate can be destroyed or discard.
    Force of vigo is cool but i think it can be played in a deck without Vengevine.

I'm interesting by your results with this decks ;)

miLLe!!!!!

Sep 2004
    itaLy

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    The problem with Matsu-tribe sniper is Dark Depth. He does nothing vs the token :/
    Indestructible doesn't prevent damage, it just makes the creature not die to it.
    miLLe!!!!!

Dec 2018
    France

Quote Originally Posted by [reptiLe] View Post
    Indestructible doesn't prevent damage, it just makes the creature not die to it.
    Ooooooh really ! Hum... Good idea so ! :)

3-1 yesterday, with a putrid imp list similar to Greedy, beating hogaak depths, burn and sneak n show, losing to reanimator...

Reanimator got g1, g2 i had leyline and gravestone... G3, i opened with leyline and had gravestone in hand... He reveals a chancellor, uses reverent silence to get rid of leyline, then dark ritual, entomb for grisel, reanimate, draw cards, lotus petal, lotus petal, looting dumping elesh, exhume...... Sad times....

Dec 2018
    France

3-1 yesterday, with a putrid imp list similar to Greedy, beating hogaak depths, burn and sneak n show, losing to reanimator...

Reanimator got g1, g2 i had leyline and gravestone... G3, i opened with leyline and had gravestone in hand... He reveals a chancellor, uses reverent silence to get rid of leyline, then dark ritual, entomb for grisel, reanimate, draw cards, lotus petal, lotus petal, looting dumping elesh, exhume...... Sad times....
    Nice ! :)
    Beat hogaak depths is a good point !
    BR reanimator can be over cheated sometimes... In a side event to MagicFest Lyon (France), I lost a game with Ley Line T0 and 2 Surgical extraction in hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    Nice ! :)
    Beat hogaak depths is a good point !
    BR reanimator can be over cheated sometimes... In a side event to MagicFest Lyon (France), I lost a game with Ley Line T0 and 2 Surgical extraction in hand...
    Reanimator sometimes is just impossible... Crop+Karakas/Bojuka is always a good plan if playing green.

Imp is really good, it enabled some pretty explosive hands (t1 imp discard ghast, vengevine, bridge... t2 play supplier, get back ghast, play feeder, trigger 2 vengevines...)
    As is the Crab because you see a lot more cards... I still dont know I'm gonna use on the Legacy National later this month here in Brazil. Im moving towards the imp route at the moment.

I was at MagicFest Lyon on the saturday as well haha but just to buy some cards, I didnt bring my deck with me to Europe... but it was good, got the missing bayou and most of the missing foils for the deck

My thoughts about the Depths decks are simple, you can go faster than them with the combo as soon as turn 2 and i have done it once, but this rarely happens, usually we loose. To beat that stategy i think a good route is Crop Rotation, and i'm trying to build around a version like that using and abusing Crop Rotation + Satyr Wayfinder and trying to squeeze Dread Return + some ammount of Renegade Rallier to out of nowhere and even with our Altar of Dementia in the grave we can combo off, i'm not a great engineer of decks but playing around some ideas.

Crop Rotation allows us to fight 3 stategies that are very difficult because they are faster, Dark Depths/Reanimator and Sneak and Show, so i think that a Crop Rotation package might allow us to fight them, but i can be wrong.

Also my idea in changing to something like this allowing to play Satyr Wayfinder,let us less vulnerable to Game 1 Chalice of the Void that is autoloss, even im playing main deck Shenanigans and most of times i loose to that card. Chalice decks are the worst to fight because we just cant play.

Also, with Hogaak and Altar we are a combo deck, and since graveyard is very important the most powefull card i have is Force of Vigor and the more green we have can enable her more often. And despite of being a great fan of Anger, i think i rather ditch the Red, im playing the RB version whith green splash for Vigor + Decay + Trophy and im happy is working wonderfully for months with a lot of top in local game store tournaments, but i want more consistency.

What do you think about a starting point like this:

4 Stitcher's Supplier
    3/4 Satyr Wayfinder
    2/3 Renegade Rallier
    4 Bloodghast
    2/3 Hogaak

4 Cabal Therapy
    3/4 Crop Rotation
    1/2 Dread Return

3/4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from below

With some good include cards like:

Entomb
    Life from the loam

Sent from my Power_2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonesypunk View Post
    My thoughts about the Depths decks are simple, you can go faster than them with the combo as soon as turn 2 and i have done it once, but this rarely happens, usually we loose. To beat that stategy i think a good route is Crop Rotation, and i'm trying to build around a version like that using and abusing Crop Rotation + Satyr Wayfinder and trying to squeeze Dread Return + some ammount of Renegade Rallier to out of nowhere and even with our Altar of Dementia in the grave we can combo off, i'm not a great engineer of decks but playing around some ideas.

Crop Rotation allows us to fight 3 stategies that are very difficult because they are faster, Dark Depths/Reanimator and Sneak and Show, so i think that a Crop Rotation package might allow us to fight them, but i can be wrong.

Also my idea in changing to something like this allowing to play Satyr Wayfinder,let us less vulnerable to Game 1 Chalice of the Void that is autoloss, even im playing main deck Shenanigans and most of times i loose to that card. Chalice decks are the worst to fight because we just cant play.

Also, with Hogaak and Altar we are a combo deck, and since graveyard is very important the most powefull card i have is Force of Vigor and the more green we have can enable her more often. And despite of being a great fan of Anger, i think i rather ditch the Red, im playing the RB version whith green splash for Vigor + Decay + Trophy and im happy is working wonderfully for months with a lot of top in local game store tournaments, but i want more consistency.

What do you think about a starting point like this:

4 Stitcher's Supplier
    3/4 Satyr Wayfinder
    2/3 Renegade Rallier
    4 Bloodghast
    2/3 Hogaak

4 Cabal Therapy
    3/4 Crop Rotation
    1/2 Dread Return

3/4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from below

With some good include cards like:

Entomb
    Life from the loam

This might be very interesting actually, its a good starting point. Not sure about cutting looting (or careful study) but some number of crop rotation may be cool (even 1 dryad can be fit in there). Also vengevines with supplier/satyr are very welcomed, and is more green for FoV.

For the Nationals I think i will stick with the 3 putrid imps/anger setup, this is the current list im planning to run:

Hogaak NL

Main:
    4 Altar of Dementia
    1 Anger
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Gravecrawler
    3 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Putrid Imp
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    4 Vengevine

Sideboard will probably have a couple of decays and trophys, some discard and Im still deciding between the crop rotation package and some surgicals, or leylines and silent gravestone.

Replacing the 3 imps and cutting 1 therapy for 4 satyrs might would be another option, putting more numbers for Force of Vigor on the SB and ensuring the crop package.

With W6 banned, there will be more eldrazi in the meta, hence more chalices, so a satyr would would be better, with something like 4 FoV on the sideboard.

This is the list I will test tomorrow

Hogaak NL - Satyr

Main:
    4 Altar of Dementia
    1 Anger
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Bridge from Below
    3 Cabal Therapy
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Gravecrawler
    3 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Satyr Wayfinder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    4 Vengevine

Sideboard:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cabal Therapy
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Force of Vigor
    1 Karakas
    3 Leyline of the Void

Went 2-2 yesterday with the following list:
    Hogaak NL - Satyr

Main:
    4 Altar of Dementia
    1 Anger
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Bridge from Below
    3 Cabal Therapy
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Gravecrawler
    3 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Satyr Wayfinder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    4 Vengevine

Sideboard:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cabal Therapy
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Force of Vigor
    1 Karakas
    3 Leyline of the Void

Winning vs sneak n show and bant miracles, losing to pox and uw stoneblade.

match1 = uw stoneblade: i got g1, but g2 and g3 he had ALL the hate ;
    match2 = bant miracles: good matchup, got supper aggressive and there was nothing he could do;
    match3 = pox: game 1, he goes mana>dark ritual>ashiok (the 1of ashiok in his deck )... i stared at him for like 15seconds and conceded... I got g2 luckily with bridge zombies, g3 he started with leyline, i destroyed it... he cast ensnaring bridge and then another leyline on the following turn... i had one force of vigor in hand, but no pitch... i cast a stitcher supplier and the top card was a vengevine... All the other FoV were milled, he LLotV and discard my last one....gg;
    match4 = sneak n show: got g1 with anger, g2 i couldnt remove his grafdiggers cage and griselbrand got him the game... g3 i made 3 bridge zombies after an emrakul hit from sneak attack, force of vigor was MVP here, being able to take sneak attack and cage;

Notes:

Satyr is great, he does everything you want to do in this deck:

-is a creature for triggering vengevine (which can be milled by him)
    -pitch for force of vigor, play 4 on the SB, card is busted for the deck
    -cast hogaak
    -mill yourself
    -get you a land (good in a 19 lands deck)

I think the only downside of satyr is him (as well as stitcher supplier) sometimes milling the SB cards you bring in.

For the SB, the idea is to have 7 cards to deal with hate (leyline/chalice/rip/cage/ etc), and 7 cards to fight opposing, faster combos.
    The 15th slot is for the 4th therapy (or maybe it can turn into a wasteland for the crop package);

The problem Im facing the most is what to take out of the deck when sideboarding, Im always diluting the deck a little bit, taking out 1 of each piece in order to bring in the new stuff.

Changes on the above list:

I will probably replace the decays for trophies, as it can hit leyline and some other threats, and perhaps im replacing something else with the 4th therapy, leaving space for a wasteland on the SB. Will do these changes for the next weekly and see what happens.

Cheers!

Went 2-2 yesterday with the following list:
    Hogaak NL - Satyr

Main:
    4 Altar of Dementia
    1 Anger
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Bridge from Below
    3 Cabal Therapy
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Gravecrawler
    3 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Satyr Wayfinder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    4 Vengevine

Sideboard:
    3 Abrupt Decay
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cabal Therapy
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Force of Vigor
    1 Karakas
    3 Leyline of the Void

Winning vs sneak n show and bant miracles, losing to pox and uw stoneblade.

match1 = uw stoneblade: i got g1, but g2 and g3 he had ALL the hate ;
    match2 = bant miracles: good matchup, got supper aggressive and there was nothing he could do;
    match3 = pox: game 1, he goes mana>dark ritual>ashiok (the 1of ashiok in his deck )... i stared at him for like 15seconds and conceded... I got g2 luckily with bridge zombies, g3 he started with leyline, i destroyed it... he cast ensnaring bridge and then another leyline on the following turn... i had one force of vigor in hand, but no pitch... i cast a stitcher supplier and the top card was a vengevine... All the other FoV were milled, he LLotV and discard my last one....gg;
    match4 = sneak n show: got g1 with anger, g2 i couldnt remove his grafdiggers cage and griselbrand got him the game... g3 i made 3 bridge zombies after an emrakul hit from sneak attack, force of vigor was MVP here, being able to take sneak attack and cage;

Notes:

Satyr is great, he does everything you want to do in this deck:

-is a creature for triggering vengevine (which can be milled by him)
    -pitch for force of vigor, play 4 on the SB, card is busted for the deck
    -cast hogaak
    -mill yourself
    -get you a land (good in a 19 lands deck)

I think the only downside of satyr is him (as well as stitcher supplier) sometimes milling the SB cards you bring in.

For the SB, the idea is to have 7 cards to deal with hate (leyline/chalice/rip/cage/ etc), and 7 cards to fight opposing, faster combos.
    The 15th slot is for the 4th therapy (or maybe it can turn into a wasteland for the crop package);

The problem Im facing the most is what to take out of the deck when sideboarding, Im always diluting the deck a little bit, taking out 1 of each piece in order to bring in the new stuff.

Changes on the above list:

I will probably replace the decays for trophies, as it can hit leyline and some other threats, and perhaps im replacing something else with the 4th therapy, leaving space for a wasteland on the SB. Will do these changes for the next weekly and see what happens.

Cheers!
    Since you are playing RED, my advice is try to include 1 Shenanigans , cause if even if you mill it you can dredge it back to get rid of Graffdiger's Cage or another stupid artifact, or another idea is to try to squeeze 1 or maybe 2 Life From The Loam, that way you can always have fuel for a top deck Force of Vigor. Since i'm trying to ditch the RED i found that a Life from the Loam does the trick.

Regarding Decay/Trophy's i believe that Decay is Always better. I'm playing in my RBG Version 2 Decays / 1 Trophy and i'm happy.
    I agree with you with having 7 pieces against hate, that are usually enough, and at least to me will be 4 Force of Vigor / 2 Decay / 1 Trophy , but since you are playing Red include 1 Shenanigans (i'm playing now with 1 main because of that).

Unfortunately i will not be playing for several months, but i'm trying the numbers in "Forge" for a more Green version of the deck, and in a few days i may have an alpha version of the deck.

Also having Crop Rotation , the package should be Karakas / Bojuka / Wasteland, being the wasteland probably side board.

Regarding the Green version that i'm thinking the biggest problem that i face is the fact that is harder to ditch cards from hand because of not having looting, i'm trying with 2 Brutalitys in main, and i'm kinda happy, but ... do you have any ideas better choices? The idea is Ditch cards from hand because Bridge from Below in hand is the worst. Also, without the Flashback of looting, sometimes the deck "stops" , but i'm resolving that issue with 1 Loam and maybe increase for a 2nd one.

Since you are playing RED, my advice is try to include 1 Shenanigans , cause if even if you mill it you can dredge it back to get rid of Graffdiger's Cage or another stupid artifact, or another idea is to try to squeeze 1 or maybe 2 Life From The Loam, that way you can always have fuel for a top deck Force of Vigor. Since i'm trying to ditch the RED i found that a Life from the Loam does the trick.

Regarding Decay/Trophy's i believe that Decay is Always better. I'm playing in my RBG Version 2 Decays / 1 Trophy and i'm happy.
    I agree with you with having 7 pieces against hate, that are usually enough, and at least to me will be 4 Force of Vigor / 2 Decay / 1 Trophy , but since you are playing Red include 1 Shenanigans (i'm playing now with 1 main because of that).

Unfortunately i will not be playing for several months, but i'm trying the numbers in "Forge" for a more Green version of the deck, and in a few days i may have an alpha version of the deck.

Also having Crop Rotation , the package should be Karakas / Bojuka / Wasteland, being the wasteland probably side board.

Regarding the Green version that i'm thinking the biggest problem that i face is the fact that is harder to ditch cards from hand because of not having looting, i'm trying with 2 Brutalitys in main, and i'm kinda happy, but ... do you have any ideas better choices? The idea is Ditch cards from hand because Bridge from Below in hand is the worst. Also, without the Flashback of looting, sometimes the deck "stops" , but i'm resolving that issue with 1 Loam and maybe increase for a 2nd one.
    Ditching red is hard because of looting.... on your bg imp you need putrid imp to get rid of the bridges/vengevines/scourge from your hand probably, and brutality probably will help as well, despite it being slow.

Shenanigans is much worse without entomb, but I can see a slot for it on the sideboard probably 4 fov, 2 trophy/decay and 1 shenanigans might do the trick.
    3 leylines seems enough with new mulligan rules as well, with the crop package is already a good hate vs reanimator/depths/storm... crop+bojuka is not the best thing against storm, but its good enough probably.

Taking out a Satyr for a Loam might seem a good idea as well, I might try that out.

This is where im at atm, the Nationals are this saturday. I still have 1 weekly to test it out:

Hogaak NL - Satyr v2

Main:
    4 Altar of Dementia
    1 Anger
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy (or 3 cabal + 1 life from the loam)
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Gravecrawler
    3 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Satyr Wayfinder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    4 Vengevine

Sideboard:
    2 Assassin's Trophy (or decays)
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Force of Vigor
    1 Karakas
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Shenanigans
    1 Wasteland

Ditching red is hard because of looting.... on your bg imp you need putrid imp to get rid of the bridges/vengevines/scourge from your hand probably, and brutality probably will help as well, despite it being slow.

Shenanigans is much worse without entomb, but I can see a slot for it on the sideboard probably 4 fov, 2 trophy/decay and 1 shenanigans might do the trick.
    3 leylines seems enough with new mulligan rules as well, with the crop package is already a good hate vs reanimator/depths/storm... crop+bojuka is not the best thing against storm, but its good enough probably.

Taking out a Satyr for a Loam might seem a good idea as well, I might try that out.

This is where im at atm, the Nationals are this saturday. I still have 1 weekly to test it out:

Hogaak NL - Satyr v2

Main:
    4 Altar of Dementia
    1 Anger
    3 Badlands
    3 Bayou
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Bridge from Below
    4 Cabal Therapy (or 3 cabal + 1 life from the loam)
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Gravecrawler
    3 Marsh Flats
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Satyr Wayfinder
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Swamp
    4 Vengevine

Sideboard:
    2 Assassin's Trophy (or decays)
    1 Bojuka Bog
    2 Crop Rotation
    4 Force of Vigor
    1 Karakas
    3 Leyline of the Void
    1 Shenanigans
    1 Wasteland
    The list seems nice. I suppose your success will depend mostly of what matchups you get. I personaly like 4 Therapy main, sac outlets are never to much. Also if you need to squeeze something in main deck you can shave 1 Hogaak.

Good luck

The list seems nice. I suppose your success will depend mostly of what matchups you get. I personaly like 4 Therapy main, sac outlets are never to much. Also if you need to squeeze something in main deck you can shave 1 Hogaak.

Good luck

maybe shaving a hogaak for loam might be a good idea, and play 4 therapies on the maindeck.

Alpha version for a more "Green version".

This is not finished, and is a Work in progress, it won't be better that Zombardment versions already are, but is just a try to become better in bad match-ups where it just folds completely. Unfortunately i won't be able to test it for several months, but i leave it here, if someone want to give it a try.

Objectives:

* Main hate against faster combo decks
    * Can play better through Chalice of The Void

Strong Points:

* More green to fuel Force of Vigor
    * Even if Altar of Dementia is milled, can combo of
    * Less 1CMC Spells, can play better through Chalice
    * Can disrupt faster combo decks (Depths/Reanimator)
    * Better against Wasteland decks

Weaker Points:

* Slower
    * Has difficult to discard cards from hand
    * Is more Brigde/Altar dependent

Deck:

21 Lands
    3 Swamp
    1 Snow-covered Swamp
    3 Bayou
    2 Scrubland
    1 Savannah
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Marsh Flats
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Riftstone Portal
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog

18 CREATURES
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    3 Satyr Wayfinder
    4 Bloodghast
    1 Rotting Rats
    3 Renegade Rallier
    3 Hogaak, Arisen Necropolis

13 INSTANTS and SORC.
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Crop Rotation
    1 Entomb
    2 Collective Brutallity
    2 Life from the Loam
    1 Dread Return

8 OTHER SPELLS
    4 Altar of Dementia
    4 Bridge from Below

SIDEBOARD
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Force of Vigor
    2 Veil of Summer
    1 Inquisition of Kozilek
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy
    1 Wasteland

Yesterday i went 1-2 drop on the weekyl, playing the above list.

I realized that satyr moved the deck to need way more green source, instead of making it just a splash, making me unable to cast satyr sometimes because i needed to get the red source for the looting.

With that said, imp is probably the way to go... i still like 3-4 therapies maindeck instead of 1-2 we are seeing in some lists, and also anger shines with imp.

Yesterday i went 1-2 drop on the weekyl, playing the above list.

I realized that satyr moved the deck to need way more green source, instead of making it just a splash, making me unable to cast satyr sometimes because i needed to get the red source for the looting.

With that said, imp is probably the way to go... i still like 3-4 therapies maindeck instead of 1-2 we are seeing in some lists, and also anger shines with imp.
    You are right, Satyr and Looting is difficult to join together because you need the red first turn and second turn you need green but our deck is mainly black, and sometimes you are caught in awkward situations of being able to get only one color, to solve that you may put one Taiga in your main. In the past i played a version with Faithless and Satyr (with Deathrite Shaman, and before Stitchers existed, because of the importance of self milling), and back than Shaman fixed the colors but still most of the time he wasn't enought since he had a target in his head, so i placed a Taiga for those moments, and it worked reasonably well, you could try it before changing.

The problem is that Taiga doesn't allow to make something like supplier/feeder or supplier/crawler on t2, bringing back vengevines or even casting a hogaak.

I wish satyr had a place on the deck, but it seems it doesn't unfortunately Mayben on some other list with no red, maybe just a BG gaak with satyr AND imp (and perhaps brutalities). Slower, but can be nice, specially with some number of decays/trophies maindeck. I think it would be a comparison similar to turbo depths and slow depths.

Tomorrow is the nationals, I will report the results when I can... I didn't actually have much time to work on a proper sideboard for every possible matchup or anything like that, so it will be a lot of improvisation Ill just play a combination of discard, trophies/decays, leylines, force of vigor and silent gravestone.

Thread Information