Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

This was spoiled today, do you guys think it can see play here?

Mar 2007
    RI

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post

This was spoiled today, do you guys think it can see play here?

Seems like both parts are on plan, I'm not sure at 3 mana if it's doing enough without a fairly developed board/game state. I could see it being win more // not able to provide help in games you're losing.
    TPDMC

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy View Post
    thank you for these elements of answers.
    I think I will test this list soon.
    the objective being indeed to be able to put a pressure easily and to have the plane Entomb + bridge in finishing with a sacrifice engine (Carrion Feeder or Bombardment). It also allows me to block if necessary.
    I will post my results with this main deck

4 Stitcher's Supplier
    2 Carrion Feeder
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    2 Gurmag Angler
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth

3 Entomb
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    2 Lingering Souls
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    1 Bridge from Below

1 Undiscovered Paradise
    3 Polluted Delta
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Marsh Flats
    2 Badlands
    1 Mountain
    2 Scrubland
    2 Swamp

I think to add 1 Lingering Souls but i don't know what remove...
    It would be nice if you share your experience with this interesting list. :-)

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Carrion Feeder has been discussed extensively earlier in the thread. Of course the more zombies you have, the better Crawler becomes. However, Crawler recursion is not the most important aspect of this deck. Sinking mana into +1/+1 counters is not exactly breaking the format... I only like Feeder as a filler card when I want added synergy with Bridge (AKA: sac outlet zombie).

@Greedy,

I have cut into Gurmags for Souls and a 4th Entomb simply because I don't value Gurmag as high in this deck than, say, a Delver deck. Resistance to Push is virtually irrelevant for our deck and we don't have the same kind of pressure and velocity that a Delver deck has to abuse Gurmag as well. Gurmag is definitely a strong asset against Burn and Eldrazi where all you care about is size and speed but those are simply not major concerns for me right now and I value the consistency provided by Entomb and the utility of Souls (especially with Bridge!)

The new card looks neat! It's definitely a zombardment lord that makes our existing package better. I don't think we have the space for it but maybe it's worth squeezing in.
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

So there’s a Diva in the house of a thousand corpses? I might want to try it out, but I think also requires carrion feeders as an additional sac outlet. It also turns lingering souls into a faster clock. The one downside is it can be karakas’ed. It’s a shame she’s not a zombie. :-P

Hei to all you zombie folks!

I'm currently playing the following list:

4 Faithless Looting
    4 Careful Study
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Bloodghast
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Bridge from Below
    3 Carrion Feeder
    2 Goblin Bombardment
    2 or 3 Vengevine
    0 or 1 Viscera Seer
    2 Goblin Cratermaker

4 Badlands
    3 Underground Sea
    1 Swamp
    11 Fetches

SB: (wip)
    4 Echoing Truth
    2 Goblin Cratermaker
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Silent Gravestone
    1 Marsh Casualties
    2 Diabolic Edict

I'm playing this list for a while now and I'm putting up pretty good results in my local play group and small tournaments.
    The main change for sure is playing blue instead of white for having access to careful study.
    The reason for this is that, in my opinion, the most awful play possible is playing a bloodghast or gravecrawler from your hand and you actually ALWAYS want to have a discard outlet (looting) for them.
    By playing 8 Lootings you are also able to play more graveyard based stuff (which also makes supplier much better) and you can go down to 19 lands.
    The list is mainly based on bloodghast and bridge from below and games play out quite different then the usual zombardment grind game.
    Another nice benefit is that you can actually operate quite well with 2 or even 1 mana.
    the deck much more explosive and gives you awesome g1 against most decks in the format.

has anyone ever tried something like this?

greets
    mabmab
    Last edited by mabmab; 01-09-2019 at 03:55 PM.

@tamiful, why aren't you playing Green for Assassin's Trophy instead of Wear/Tear, since that's the only white card in your deck? I put together your cool deck list and i can't wait to test it live!
    Re: Eldritch Moon and Emrakul

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    You're right that the set symbol is a pretty big giveaway though, and it's not like anyone was expecting anything else after the last block. It's like they brought out Neil Pert and Alex Lifeson, then announced a "mysterious special guest" would be joining them. Well of course it's fucking Geddy Lee.

Hi folks,

Sorry that I could not replied a while(had a little much to do).

To make the reply simple, let me share my opinion for some questions thrown to me earlier:

1) Carrion Feeder or not?
    I'd say not, for current metagame. I know he is great, and I always desired to put my foil copies on my deck.
    However, it's just not too good if he is only card targeted by bolts, StP, or push.
    For example against Death & Tax, that's easy peasy game for them if they StPed our feeder and put a Phyrexian Revoker calling Bombardment.
    This is the case I used to see at my playtest. Regardless of his synagy in the deck, we need to avoid our main sac outlet to be removed easily.

2) Why do you not play Angler?
    I know he's great zombie friend, but as Qweerios replied, we can't get a game with single Angler+a couple of 2/1,
    but as I currently feel we need another couple of copies of creature cards in the deck to activate the deck more adequately, I'm putting eyes on him.
    It might good if we do have both Angler and feeder on same list, but not without either.

3) BRu Zombardment?
    It's not the direct query to me, but well, I did try it.
    It did sound great, and I still considering to play Prized Amalgam+careful study+Intuition.
    Concern was, it was a little hard to play BRU at T2 against delvers and DnTs, and I decided to cut out colors from mainboard.
    I might need a little more playtest.

4) Why not playing Green(trophy)?
    Well I am considering to play green instead of white, but never considered both colors due to the risk of color screw.
    Also, we do have Hull breach instead of Wear/Tear, so it might be a great idea to play green.
    I just couldn't succeed earning time to test them out, please try following card which in on my task list if you have some interest;
    - Pernicious Deed(high-powered-card)
    - Life from Loam(with wastelands if possible)
    - Satyr Wayfinder(tested at era of DrtS, and did great)
    - Ground Seal(great SB but 2 drop might be too costy)
    - Veteran Explorer(good SB against delvers and lands)

5) Diva in the house?
    YAY!!!!! DEEPLY considering how to put her in the deck!!!

Pros
    - Greatly synagize with our 2/1 beat down plan and recursive bombardment plan(hey we do not need bridge in the grave for infinite dmg with alter+crawler!).
    - She's 2/2 (you know how necessary it is)
    - Another removal!

Cons
    - 3 drop. Means she need to fight for her place against Alters, Lillianas, and other 3 drops like Lingaring souls or say, jitte or swords.
    - Easily removable. We need to put more and more creatures to activate her and consume the removal from her.
    - Tokens does not activate her ability (I need to call Maro to ask him to erase the phrase or I will chase him :( )
    - Need other sac outlet

That's it for now, I will report you guys with a little more play test report especially against with Delvers and Death & Tax!

Makoto

Dec 2010
    Montreal

I have tried 4c variants before for Decay and it was a complete faillure because of the mana irregularities.

I don't play Trophy because it doesnt replace Wear//Tear. Being able to remove Leyline of Sanctity and Void for 1 mana is crucial when your opponent is playing them. Of course Trophy is not a bad card and one could choose to concede to Leylines.

A bit more on Feeder... I think the card has merit but requires careful play. Having a CMC1 zombie that can enable crawlers and a mana-sink engine opens up many lines of play that can preserve board superiority or card advantage. A quick example would be how I treat my Crawlers and Lootings differently when I have a Feeder in hand or in play by discarding them for other cards. One thing for sure however is that Feeder in multiples is garbage which is why I only play 2 copies as of now (2 Feeders and 2 Cratermakers).

I also tested Bridge from Below as a singleton Entomb target and the card was alright. It provided a nice angle of attack and allowed a couple degenerate plays that sealed the win.
    Last edited by Qweerios; 01-14-2019 at 03:58 PM.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Hey people! I just found this cool japanese list, Diregraft Colossus is a pretty nice tech alongside Phyrexian Altar, its an extra way to make the crawler/altar combo if bridge is not on the graveyard and vs grave hate!
    I wanna try something similar for sure!

4 Cryptbreaker
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Diregraf Colossus
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth
    1 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Carrion Feeder
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Phyrexian Altar
    2 Bridge from Below
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Scrubland
    3 Swamp
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

Sideboard
    2 Karakas
    2 Grave Pact
    2 Engineered Plague
    3 Wear/Tear
    1 Abrade
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Surgical Extraction

I also wanna try judith for sure, seems a very cool tech for a aggro build!

Site Contributor

May 2018

Quote Originally Posted by johncarvalho View Post
    Hey people! I just found this cool japanese list, Diregraft Colossus is a pretty nice tech alongside Phyrexian Altar, its an extra way to make the crawler/altar combo if bridge is not on the graveyard and vs grave hate!
    I wanna try something similar for sure!

4 Cryptbreaker
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Stitcher's Supplier
    4 Bloodghast
    2 Diregraf Colossus
    1 Scourge of Nel Toth
    1 Imperial Recruiter
    1 Carrion Feeder
    1 Goblin Cratermaker
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Entomb
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    2 Phyrexian Altar
    2 Bridge from Below
    4 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Marsh Flats
    2 Scrubland
    3 Swamp
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Undiscovered Paradise

Sideboard
    2 Karakas
    2 Grave Pact
    2 Engineered Plague
    3 Wear/Tear
    1 Abrade
    1 Thoughtseize
    1 Red Elemental Blast
    1 Nihil Spellbomb
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Surgical Extraction

I also wanna try judith for sure, seems a very cool tech for a aggro build!
    Wow this list... it's hard for me to imagine going Thoughtseize-less in Legacy without Force or any other countermagic (although at my FNM I'd say my opponents know I'm on a Thoughtseize deck now and mulligan accordingly).

However, I do like how Diregraf provides some small insurance against Chalice. If I'm not mistaken, we should be able to cast a Gravecrawler from the yard and get the Diregraf trigger, even if it's countered. I might try one Diregraf for that reason.

I've been back to playing 2-3 Lingering Souls, 3 Entomb, 2 Gurmag, 2 Cratermakers... essentially the midrange version of the deck, with Gurmag to hedge against bad matchups. It's always done better for me than the combo versions, but the spice is hard to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by shonenkakumei View Post
    It's always done better for me than the combo versions, but the spice is hard to resist.
    I know exactly what you mean
    I have some things in mind with diregraf and judith...

Jan 2014
    Baltimore, MD

Does anyone have a clean Judith list yet? I think it’s time for me to start brewing again. ;-)

Just finish building the list with Judith in MTGA :p

Will share you the list when I finished to brush it just for your inspiration.

A couple of things I say about the deck is that "it's definitely zombardment in standard", "Judith is insane", and "Priest of Forgotten Gods could be considered to put in the legacy list".

As this thread is for legacy deck, i only put this list to blast your ideas.

4 Gutterbones -Gravecrawler
    4 Footlight Fiend -another one drop
    4 Priest of Forgotten Gods -Tap and sac two creatures for an actual card, dark ritual, edict, and 2 life. Very fair trade.
    4 Reassembling Skeleton -I've been considering to put him in legacy zombardment for a while(around 4+ years). Let's try him out.
    4 Rix Maadi Reveler -Insolent Neonate is the card I did put in to legacy zombardment. He does better.
    4 Legion Warboss -Not sure about him, but we do not have bitterblossom in standard though.
    4 Judith, the Scourge Diva -Either of our priest or diva survives, the game is over.
    2 Tilonali's Summoner -Good synergies with the deck, I've started to considering to try him in legacy. High value card.
    3 Makeshift Munitions -Bombardment in standard?
    3 Open the Graves -bridge in standard?

8 Swamps
    8 Mountains
    4 Blood Crypt
    4 Dragonskull Summit

I'd say Priest does a little better in the deck, so I will try her out with Lingering souls, Blossoms, and maybe with Young Pyromancer?

Sep 2011

A lot of these card choices are great for Standard but seem slow for Legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by tamiful View Post
    4 Gutterbones -Gravecrawler
    1BB per cast instead of B. Too slow. Even Bloodstained Champion is faster.

4 Reassembling Skeleton -I've been considering to put him in legacy zombardment for a while(around 4+ years). Let's try him out.
    1B to return. Slow, though more consistent than Bloodstained Champion. Chumps for days. Maybe start as a 1-of? Multiples seem bad.

4 Legion Warboss -Not sure about him, but we do not have bitterblossom in standard though.
    Great in Legacy Red Stompy. 3 cmc is slow without Sol Lands. Bitterblossom is a thing. Does this deck lose due to lack of tokens or other things?

4 Priest of Forgotten Gods -Tap and sac two creatures for an actual card, dark ritual, edict, and 2 life. Very fair trade.
    Seems very conditional. Does nothing on its own. Slow at stabilizing when you're behind. Requires passing the turn and untapping with a dominant board. How often is this better than Innocent Blood or Bone Splinters (trading creatures)? Or just regular removal like Fatal Push/Tragic Slip/Diabolic Edict? The BB and card drawn basically make up for losing 2 bodies, so it's not really accomplishing much more than a removal spell. It's cute with Reassembling Skeleton and Bitterblossom out, but is that win-more?

4 Rix Maadi Reveler -Insolent Neonate is the card I did put in to legacy zombardment. He does better.
    4 cmc is expensive. Neonate seems fine.

4 Judith, the Scourge Diva -Either of our priest or diva survives, the game is over.
    "Nontoken" hurts with Bitterblossom, Lingering Souls and Bridge. Would require changing to a more nontoken strategy, even though the tokens provide so much power and resilience. How often would it win games that Goblin Bombardment/Blood Artist can't?

2 Tilonali's Summoner -Good synergies with the deck, I've started to considering to try him in legacy. High value card.
    Mana hungry. Standard is slow and doesn't have Wasteland. Is this any good on 3 lands? Makes 2 dorks, you probably don't Ascend, then it dies to a blocker.

Seems bad main, but could be great SB. Board it in against creature-light decks while they bring in grave hate. It's a resilient way to quickly make bodies in slow games without needing the GY.

I'm thinking about picking up this deck online, how necessary is surgical in the board? Liliana?

Quote Originally Posted by Inkfathom View Post
    I'm thinking about picking up this deck online, how necessary is surgical in the board? Liliana?
    There should be different necessity on surgical depends on which list you go(with/without Alter, Souls, Angler).

From my side with Alter list, I would say there's no much necessity because Silent Graveyard and Karakas is already 6 boarding card against reanimate.
    Also I would not worry too much against other combos because we ain't that slow.

Quote Originally Posted by tamiful View Post
    There should be different necessity on surgical depends on which list you go(with/without Alter, Souls, Angler).

From my side with Alter list, I would say there's no much necessity because Silent Graveyard and Karakas is already 6 boarding card against reanimate.
    Also I would not worry too much against other combos because we ain't that slow.
    Any updates on those legacy judith lists?

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Thread Information