Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

After some more testing, Lotleth Troll just don't work with the deck.
    Vengevine is painful to come back, it's way more efficient to stay on the classic version.

I don't know if the deck can reach one more level or if Sam Black already push it to its maximum.

Hi, you all,

Have you seen this version of the deck? it is called "Black Day:

http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...2&iddeck=89939

It combines Surgical Extraction and Chains of Mephistopheles.

What do you think about Burning Inquiry for the deck?

Jan 2011
    York

I'm curious how necessary the chains were the deck seems sweet mesmeric orb is hot tech I love main deck surgical effects too I may have to play a little on cocatrice with it

Quote Originally Posted by EdsonDettoni View Post
    Hi, you all,

Have you seen this version of the deck? it is called "Black Day:

http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...2&iddeck=89939

It combines Surgical Extraction and Chains of Mephistopheles.

What do you think about Burning Inquiry for the deck?
    Nice find with that. It looks really sweet and linear, and I love trying to make Chains a one-sided effect. Too bad a set of Chains will run you $700 or so; that's not really an investment I can justify making when I can buy 9 Jaces instead.

Mesmeric Orb might in fact work and I think its worth testing in its place. I'll give both a run and see how it works.

Bob Ross
    Jun 2012
    Baltimore

So this is a version I've been messing around with takes its inspiration from three different places: the first being this actual zombies thread, the second being carsten kotters scg article on zombies, and a random short gravecrawler combo thread on here somewhere. I just can't really play any deck without some sort of combo and I wanted something beyond general gravecrawler synergy

Circus of Values:

4 Blood artist
    4 gravecrawler
    4 carrion feeder
    4 bloodghast
    1 tymaret, the murder king

4 flex slots? lightning bolt/thoughtseize/maybe more creatures?

4 entomb
    4 cabal therapy
    4 faithless looting
    3 goblin bombardment
    3 carnival of souls (wtf is this janky shit)
    1 bridge from below
    1 crippling fatigue

4 bloodstained mire
    4 black fetch
    2 mutavault
    4 badlands
    3 swamp
    1 mountain
    1 undiscovered paradise

Board
    2 Chainz
    13 other cards

So carnival seems so bad and terrible right? Sort of. Yes, it is dead on its own and you auto lose to empty the warrens. However, I like it because with a gravecrawler out, carrion feeder reads 'pay 1 life put a +1/+1 counter', bombardment reads 'pay 1 life, deal 1 damage' and either of those with a blood artist means infinite. Mutavault is there to become a zombie and you have the general entomb silver bullet package since you need gravecrawler. Any general thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kap'n Cook View Post
    So this is a version I've been messing around with takes its inspiration from three different places: the first being this actual zombies thread, the second being carsten kotters scg article on zombies, and a random short gravecrawler combo thread on here somewhere. I just can't really play any deck without some sort of combo and I wanted something beyond general gravecrawler synergy

So carnival seems so bad and terrible right? Sort of. Yes, it is dead on its own and you auto lose to empty the warrens. However, I like it because with a gravecrawler out, carrion feeder reads 'pay 1 life put a +1/+1 counter', bombardment reads 'pay 1 life, deal 1 damage' and either of those with a blood artist means infinite. Mutavault is there to become a zombie and you have the general entomb silver bullet package since you need gravecrawler. Any general thoughts?
    carnival of souls, what a nasty card in this combo!

Quote Originally Posted by EdsonDettoni View Post
    carnival of souls, what a nasty card in this combo!
    And no one cares that it's his birthday!

Yea with a way to get Carnival of Souls into play reliably, Blood Artist+Carnival is nasty

Dec 2013
    Goodrich

Land: 20
    2 Bayou
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    2 Badlands
    2 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Scrubland
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Marsh Flats
    3 Swamp

Critters: 25
    4 Carrion Feeder
    1 Tymaret, the Murder King
    4 Gravecrawler
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Tidehollow Sculler
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Lingering Souls

Control: 11
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    4 Thoughtseize
    4 Cabal Therapy

Draw: 4
    4 Faithless Looting

Side: 15
    1 Disenchant
    2 Perish
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Darkblast
    2 Zealous Persecution
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Meekstone
    2 Choke

Any ideas for a blind meta for the board? Also I think someone needs to update the main board with a primer and what not so we can move this over to established.

What are some thoughts on using Gamble(can someone help me with card tags?)?

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson Viper View Post
    What are some thoughts on using Gamble(can someone help me with card tags?)?
    I'd say it's a gamble.

Something like Diabolic Intent might be worth looking into as well.

Also, use [cards][/cards].

Quote Originally Posted by Zupponn View Post
    I'd say it's a gamble.

Something like Diabolic Intent might be worth looking into as well.

Also, use [cards][/cards].
    Thanks! I actually play Diabolic Intent and it's too slow and awkward. With Gamble it's still just a single mana and everything that matters, besides Bombardment can be plays from the graveyard.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

So I took a couple of the ideas in the more recent pages of the thread and came up with this:

4x Blood Artist
    4x Bloodghast
    4x Carrion Feeder
    4x Gravecrawler
    4x Tidehollow Sculler

4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Lingering Souls
    4x Thoughtseize

4x Enlightened Tutor
    1x Bitterblossom
    1x Goblin Bombardment
    1x Carnival of Souls
    1x Contamination

4x Arid Mesa
    4x Bloodstained Mire
    3x Swamp
    2x Scrubland
    2x Badlands
    1x Marsh Flats
    1x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Mountain
    1x Plains
    1x Undiscovered Paradise

I've cut the Faithless Lootings to test out an E Tutor package featuring some of the enchantments that have been discussed recently. I haven't tested it much. and feel that Carnival is probably bad, but it is nice to be able to find Bombardment a lot easier. The Tutors could also open up room for sideboard options like Ethersworn Cannonist and Oblivion Ring as well.

The amount of life loss from Bitterblossom and Carnival makes them either dead draws/tutors or auto losses to aggro decks, and Contamination will slow down your aggro plan. I would convert those 2 back to 2 Faithless Looting and add another Bombardment. The aggro MUs with this deck are already 50/50 because we barely have any blockers, and barely, if any, life gain abilities.

My $.02.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I'm bumping this because this deck always looked fun, and now there's this guy:

Is this something the deck wants? It's bad with Bloodghast but seems pretty interesting otherwise. Aggressively costed, can be E. Tutored for, is sometimes a huge guy, is always a mini Enduring Renewal?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Not sure synergies are that impressive. I suppose that he likes Shriekmaw and Fleshbag Marauder better.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

I think i read this somewhere else, but Athreos works a lot better with Mogg War Marshal than Lingering Souls. His ability also doesn't synergize well with either Bloodghast, as mentioned, or Gravecrawler. The cool thing is that the structure of this deck allows us to turn him into a creature with all of the recursion we have as well as protect him from STP by saccing dudes to turn him back into an enchantment.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

I feel like a deck like this could use him to his max potential, however the deck would probably change alot, because as said, it doesnt actually synergize as well as you would think. Maybe like someone said on the Dead Guy thread you play like Blade Splicer? Splicers, Mogg War Marshals, Doomed Traveler, then random Intangible Virtue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I'd like to figure out some way to make his ability a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" choice for the opponent, aside from just the life loss. I want to put them in the position where they don't want to see that creature again (possibly abuse ETB effects?), but also don't want it in your yard for whatever reason. Gravecrawler and Nether Shadow are kinda what I'm going for but I think there's probably something stronger there that I haven't found yet.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I'd like to figure out some way to make his ability a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" choice for the opponent, aside from just the life loss. I want to put them in the position where they don't want to see that creature again (possibly abuse ETB effects?), but also don't want it in your yard for whatever reason. Gravecrawler and Nether Shadow are kinda what I'm going for but I think there's probably something stronger there that I haven't found yet.
    Was thinking maybe some cards could turn the squee'ness feature into something like that. Pack rat and Lotleth Troll come to mind, but we're suddenly talking 4 card combo so probably useless.

I'm leaning towards Athreos + Zombie allstars ie. Gravecrawler, Carrion Feeder, Tidehollow Sculler, Lotleth Troll

Site Contributor
    Jul 2013
    Austin, TX

So lately I've been trying to think of a deck that was close to aristocrats that was in standard last block... A deck I actually enjoyed alot. I guess I wanted to find something that abused blood artist again. Am I crazy to give this deck a run? Looks fun as hell

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    ArtStation: Dgreco current work
    Playing Junk NicFit
    Daveg3d on MODO

Thread Information