Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

Quote Originally Posted by boneclub24 View Post
    What deck isn't turn 1 blood moon the nuts against?
    Goblins?

May 2010
    Traverse City, Michigania

I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but there is always Diregraf Captain + Phyrexian Altar + Gravecrawler for the accidental kill. Though I think at that point you're basically playing something different all together.

Nearly three months later, I thought this thread deserved a bump. Sam Black is doing great with this deck so far in Atlanta. They'll be doing a "deck tech" on this deck later today on the mothership.

Edit: Here is a link to the deck tech: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...tl12/welcome#5
    I see more than others do because I know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Nearly three months later, I thought this thread deserved a bump. Sam Black is doing great with this deck so far in Atlanta. They'll be doing a "deck tech" on this deck later today on the mothership.

Edit: Here is a link to the deck tech: http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazin...tl12/welcome#5
    Major props to Black for taking it to a big GP. What is he now? 10-1 (probably better)

Nov 2010
    Seattle

Black's new list is way more streamlined now.
    "If you're playing Storm in Legacy, you need to believe that what your deck does is better than what their deck does."

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Major props to Black for taking it to a big GP. What is he now? 10-1 (probably better)
    He made top eight and lost to Can Thresh in the quarters.
    I see more than others do because I know where to look.

Jul 2008
    Netherlands

What are your guys thoughts on dropping white, and adding more liliana's and maybe dark confident/dark ritual? Seems like it would be more explosive and confident/liliana are cards that most decks just have to have an answer to or they will lose a lot.

Also: Darkblast is just insane, though it might be just for the sideboard tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 1maarten1 View Post
    What are your guys thoughts on dropping white, and adding more liliana's and maybe dark confident/dark ritual? Seems like it would be more explosive and confident/liliana are cards that most decks just have to have an answer to or they will lose a lot.

Also: Darkblast is just insane, though it might be just for the sideboard tho.
    Dark confidant opens you up to hate that you otherwise wouldn't be, and being explosive over being consistent seems to be counter intuitive to the deck.

Losing white loses you Tidehollow Sculler and lingering souls, two very important cards to the deck operating smoothly. As well as good sideboarding options.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

When I played a deck like this in Modern, Liliana was amazing. Not sure if it's fast enough for this deck.

I'm SO happy to see that Faithless Looting is in the list. It was an all-star in Modern, and I bet it's nuts here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Quote Originally Posted by Elbeano View Post
    I can't for the life of me remember where I read it, but there is always Diregraf Captain + Phyrexian Altar + Gravecrawler for the accidental kill. Though I think at that point you're basically playing something different all together.
    People talk about it here:
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...awler-Combo%29

Hey guy's i'm playing a round this list, so far is going pretty well what you guys think? any ideia? the sb is giving me a little headache rs.

Lands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    4 Badlands
    4 Marsh Flats
    3 Swamp
    3 Scrubland
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    1 Volrath's Stronghold

Creatures
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Carrion Feeder
    4 Gravecrawler
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    2 Geralf's Messenger

Spells
    4 Faithless Looting
    4 Lingering Souls
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    3 Path to Exile
    2 Geth's Verdict
    2 Bitterblossom
    1 Diabolic Intent

Sideboard
    1 Geth's Verdict
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Disenchant
    2 Vindicate
    2 Fleshbag Marauder
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Perish

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

Updated the OP with Black's GP Atlanta decklist and wrote some stuff after it too, but it's late and I'm tired and I'm not really sure if much of what I wrote made any sense.

Anyways, the new changes make the deck look much better in my opinion, and I'm looking forward to trying them out.

I check my look in the mirror.

Feb 2011

I wonder if Viscera Seer could find a place in Black's list.
    One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Is there any kind of tournament report from Black yet? I'm kinda interested on his thoughts after the tournament since he already said himself that there's probably still much room for improvement.

E.g. the lack of blockers, combined with lack of MD removal outside of Goblin Bombardment, currently seems a bit supoptimal. Mongoose pretty much ruined him in the quarterfinals. I would love to know what speaks against Liliana.

search on the council under "rogue" will get several zombardment decks in europe over the last month or two.

At least 1 opted for Br without White and went 4 Smother 4 Lightning Bolt to overcome the issue with removal: http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...3&iddeck=60792

Some lists have opted for a single Unholy Grotto (better than Volrath's Stronghold, unless you're running a lot of non-zombies).

http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...6&iddeck=62492
    http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...4&iddeck=61994
    http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...4&iddeck=60040

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by civet five View Post
    search on the council under "rogue" will get several zombardment decks in europe over the last month or two.

At least 1 opted for Br without White and went 4 Smother 4 Lightning Bolt to overcome the issue with removal: http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...3&iddeck=60792

Some lists have opted for a single Unholy Grotto (better than Volrath's Stronghold, unless you're running a lot of non-zombies).

http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...6&iddeck=62492
    http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...4&iddeck=61994
    http://www.thecouncil.es/tcdecks/dec...4&iddeck=60040
    White would also give you access to StP/PtE. I think that might be an option to consider, aside from Liliana having synergies with the deck and being able to get rid of untargetable creatures.

Edit: Diabolic Intent looks like interesting tech for the deck. The main question is if it's too slow for it.

Nov 2010
    Wisconsin

3 Blood Artist
    4 Bloodghast
    4 Carrion Feeder
    4 Gravecrawler
    3 Tidehollow Sculler
    2 Bitterblossom
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Faithless Looting
    3 Goblin Bombardment
    4 Lingering Souls
    4 Inquisition of Kozilek
    1 Tragic Slip
    2 Badlands
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    1 Marsh Flats
    4 Arid Mesa
    2 Scrubland
    1 Plains
    1 Mountain
    2 Swamp
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    2 Verdant Catacombs

Here's the maindeck that I've been testing right now. Added a Plains and a Mountain to prevent Wastelands and Blood Moons from easily preventing access to a color. Also have been trying Inquisition because I really don't want to spend money on Thoughtseize. The deck feels a lot more solid than it did a while back.

Also, don't forget that Innocent Blood is pretty decent removal for this deck.
    Last edited by Zupponn; 07-10-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Sam Black Hit 22nd with it at the latest Star city the deck has insane synergy. Assuming you dont die on turn one to a belcher this deck just shreds combo. Was playing against sneak and show and by turn two i had cabal therapied twice and thoughtsiezed.

I'm so meta, even this acronym
    Sep 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Kich867 View Post
    Dark confidant opens you up to hate that you otherwise wouldn't be, and being explosive over being consistent seems to be counter intuitive to the deck.
    Key concepts bolded for emphasis - this deck is a dog to graveyard hate, and Dark Confidant makes it more consistent independent of said graveyard. I suppose there's also the comedy Engineered Plague on Z situations as well but let's stick to the basics for brevity.

I mean really now, it has some very cute synergies that a lot of people thought of the moment AR was spoiled and all, but not running Bob as an automatic 4-of in a aggressive deck running black curving out at what, 3 tops? What?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinitium View Post
    Key concepts bolded for emphasis - this deck is a dog to graveyard hate, and Dark Confidant makes it more consistent independent of said graveyard. I suppose there's also the comedy Engineered Plague on Z situations as well but let's stick to the basics for brevity.

I mean really now, it has some very cute synergies that a lot of people thought of the moment AR was spoiled and all, but not running Bob as an automatic 4-of in a aggressive deck running black curving out at what, 3 tops? What?
    I haven't tested this deck yet but the only GY hate that seems problematic is a LotV opening or Grafdigger's Cage. The first is uncommon and both can be answered in the SB. You can just slow roll Crypt/Relic.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Thread Information