Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: [Deck] Zombardment

Re: [Deck] Zombardment

You do not run Confidant as an out to GY hate. You put it in vs decks that run little to no removal, because it is the only card in the deck that is actually vulnerable (OK, plow is good, this is why you run feeder/seer) to removal.

Also, the deck being a dog to GY hate is just wrong.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Have people been working on optimizing the SB? I understand that Black said he wants to keep the whole deck as invulnerable to standard hate as possible, but SB should probably contain appropriate answers to the worst MUs, plain and simple.

SB:
    3 Surgical Extraction
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Innocent Blood
    2 Perish
    1 Virtue's Ruin
    3 Hymn to Tourach

Surgical is GY and Combo hate. Confidant is combo and maybe control hate. Innocent Blood is especially for Sneak and Show, but can also hit creature slim decks (RUG). Perish hits Maverick, but also RUG if necessary. Virtue's Ruin hits Maverick. Hymn is for combo and control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape
    <Dallieza> your mom uses the stack
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"
    Referring to the art on Stasis:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinder View Post
    Well, uh...the mime, you see, is....um...

God, is that furry bondage?

Why is surgical over extirpate?

Nov 2009
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrislegend View Post
    Hymn is for combo and control.
    There is 11 Discardspells maindeck allready, so you really don't need more.

Innocent blood is something I have been considering also, but I pretty much like the SB as it is.

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Hah, I'm an idiot. Yea, don't need discard in the SB.

And yes, it should be Extirpate, my bad.

So something like:
    3 Dark Confidant
    3 Innocent Blood
    2 Perish
    1 Virtue's Ruin
    3 Extirpate
    2 Disenchant
    1 Vindicate

If the current SB suffices, could you explain how it works out so well?
    <System> Player Lost
    Every time someone drops a Chalice against me I think of the Family Guy episode where the guy in jail stabs himself with the knife to see how it feels and then he says, "My God! Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong in here!"

Extirpate is miles better when it's more common you want to extract from Reanimator than Dredge.

In what way is Bob control OR combo-hate? Against combo you want discardspells (hint, we have it) and a fast clock (hey, we have that too!), not CA in the long run. Control decks run shitloads of removal so I don't see how Bob does not just die there? Maybe if they're the deck packing 4 Innocent Bloods instead of Ghastly Demise.

Oh, and also, your signature is huuuuuge man...

Same version of GP Atlanta -1 tragic slip +1 tidehollow

What do you guys think about this side?

3 disenchant
    1 surgical
    2 extirpate
    2 perish
    1 virtue's ruin
    2 confidant
    2 pithing needle
    2 path to exile

May 2007
    Rochester,NY

SB I have been testing
    1x Vindicate
    2x Disenchant
    2x Perish
    2x Pithing Needle
    2x Dark Confidant
    2x Urborg Justice
    1x Go for the Throat
    3x Surgical/extripate combination (currently 2x extripate/1x surgical)

Needle continues to be the flex spot but getting solid results with Urborg justice. Very surprised on how much it can blow out Maverick, junk, and elves and even reanimator.

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Why would you run Surgical OR Extirpate over Faerie Macabre, which is free, uncounterable, and in a pinch can be hardcast to beat face, pump a Carrion Feeder, or ping via Bombardment?

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

May 2007
    Rochester,NY

Farie might be a good idea....Maybe a combo of that and extripate...hmmmm

is selling his Underground Seas.
    May 2006
    Birmingham, AL

Combo nothing. Extirpate is complete and utter trash against Reanimator. Extirpate is complete and utter trash period.

If you're relying on Extirpate to stop a reanimation spell, you're going to have to keep a black source open from the very beginning of the game until you kill them. This means you're losing one mana per turn you could be using to kill your opponent.

Go do this. Go start goldfishing hands where you always start with an Extirpate and your first turn is Black source, go, and see how long it takes you to kill your opponent with this deck. My bet is that your average goldfish is around turn 7-8 - Plenty of time for Reanimator to assemble multiple combos or find a Show and Tell. Now, maybe your discard and clocks get you there and maybe they don't.

But now go goldfish the exact same things, but making the Extirpate a Macabre, so you can do it while tapping out to disrupt/kill your opponent. I'm willing to bet that your clock increases by an average of 2 turns.

Do you know why Force of Will and Daze dominate this format? Because they work when your lands are all tapped.

Macabre is this to Graveyard hate, only it's nonconditional and it's uncounterable outside of Stifle (Or Needle can shut it off). If it's in your hand, you get to stop one graveyard-related shenanigan, for zero mana, for free, period.

Quote Originally Posted by majikal View Post
    Damn it, Taco, that exactly sums up my opinion on the matter. I need to buy you a beer for that post.

I've never considered Faerie Macabre. It does have quite a few advantages over Extraction. Hm.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

Bit extraction/extirpate are also there againste uw miracles, sneack attak..

May 2007
    Rochester,NY

Did testing against the yard decks.
    Update
    Still no main deck changes...Running the GP Atlanta 60 (why change what is so solid)

SB
    1x Vindicate
    2x Disenchant
    2x Faerie Macabre
    2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Perish
    2x Urborg Justice
    2x Dark Confidant
    1x Go for the Throat
    1x Flex spot...(probably Virtue's Ruin if I can get one)

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

Urborg Punishment looks insanely good. Worth going up to 3, just to auto beat creature decks?
    <System> Player Lost

Apr 2007
    The District

For SB discussion, I've liked running at least 3, if not 4, Dark Confidants. Black said that it was the card he boarded in the most during the GP, but it's much better for game 2 than game 1 since your opponent is likely to take out a significant amount (if not all) of their removal suite.

I check my look in the mirror.

Feb 2011

Something worth remembering: If you sacrifice Tidehollow Sculler to Carrion Feeder or Golbin Bombardment when he comes into play with his first triggered ability on the stack, his second ability resolves before the first. What this means is that you permanently exile a card from the opponent's hand.

This probably isn't too useful but might come up after a Cabal Therapy or Thoughtseize where you know your opponent has removal but you really want to exile another card with Sculler.
    One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Big Fat Hard Kicks, Oh My God I Want That Shit!
    Apr 2011

I've used the OP decklist but cut 4 souls, and 3 scullers for 4 Vengevine, and 3 Fecundity. Fecundity is nuts with grave digger and bloodghast. It lets your litterally burry your opponent in card advantage. With a Feeder out, it's B: Draw a card (and gravecrawler) or Whenever you play a land, draw a card. Just NUTS!

May 2007
    Rochester,NY

Respond to Technics:
    So I'm assuming that you cut scrubs for Bayou as well? Love to see that list. Also SB.
    you lose Disenchant? you just change for Naturalize and change Vindicate to something else.

Update to SB after more testing for me:
    3x Dark Confidant
    1x Vindicate
    3x Urborg Justice
    2x Disenchant
    2x Surgical Extraction
    2x Faerie Macabre
    2x Perish

Victory Dance ftw?
    Feb 2006

I played a VV deck like Technics mentioned in Modern. It was awesome. Something to consider is Birds of Paradise (if it can be fit in), as it provides another way to trigger VV (bloodghast citp triggers don't trigger VV) and keep your complicated mana base afloat.
    <System> Player Lost

Thread Information